ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Imus thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12th April 2007 05:38 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

THIS MAKES JOEY CRY LIKE BABY !!!!!!!!

You should cry in your cup and drink it to save water, you fucking democrat!
This is your party's fault!
12th April 2007 05:39 PM
Some Guy nappy headed ho's appreciation thread?
12th April 2007 05:42 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
nappy headed ho's appreciation thread?

Did you see a sign, in front of my house that said dead nigger storage?
12th April 2007 05:45 PM
Some Guy This just in... David Lee Roth to fill Imus' shoes till a replacement named.
12th April 2007 05:52 PM
pdog a bald headed wanna be ho.
12th April 2007 06:02 PM
muncy23 This is completely ridiculous imo. People like Rev. Jesse Jackson, who has affairs with horrors, steps in and says get him the fuck off the air, we are sick and tired of all this immoral, racist bullshit. Rev. Al Sharpton steps in and calls this a disgrace and wants to bring down a man's career because of a insignificant little utterance. If they were actually practicing "Revs", one would think that they would forgive somebody for their wrongdoings if they come out and say."yeah, i fucked up and I want to pay for it by giving millions to charity." I dont see anything Rev-like in those two men. They are cowards and wish bad upon everybody who has a slight disagreement with a black man. It is utter bullshit and they know it. Yet, we still see the same old jargon from these two public figures and people listen. Dont mess with the blacks, because you my friend will indeed be attacked.
12th April 2007 06:11 PM
muncy23 Jesse and Al were for that mother fucker "Tookie" too. Oh, but fuck off everybody else who disagrees. He only killed four in a 7-11 for no apparent reason. He in fact DID deserve a second chance.
12th April 2007 06:16 PM
pdog Apparently Imus does give to alot of charities... He was in the middle of a fund raising teleathon on his show... Sorry kids with cancer, since you have no hair from chemotherapy, the nappy heads are more important right now.

Now i;m seriously offended... not by anything anyone has done, but what people aren't doing. It's disgusting, this country is just letting others tell you how to talk, how to feel, who to hate... But we gotta watch Sanjaya and needed to know who fatherted some drug addicts baby...
Fuck this nappy headed ho of a cuntree!!!
12th April 2007 06:30 PM
IanBillen [quote]IanBillen wrote:

I agree Imus did say this in a racist fashion.
I also totally agree this was a very stupid move for someone who knows how you have to watch what you say especially today, and on the friggin radio.

I want to state that if this shoe was on the other foot this would of been blown over quickly. Fact: Blacks have much more head way when it comes to what a black gentleman can pass on with out being chastized.

What Imus said was a no-no. It was racist. I will not make any excuse for the dude. However, we must set the same standard for all sides and groups of people.

*And two other things:

What about Imus calling them "Hoes"?
What about the Producer of the show who started this all by calling them "Hoes" in the first place? This should also be looked into for this. Why isn't he under any scruitiny here??? And how smart of a producer is the guy for starting the conversation and calling them "Hoes" before Imus said a word about it???
Why was he never on any hook for this, and for what he said himself? Imus said a couple stupid things. He's a moron anyway. But so did the producer. He is the one who called them Hoes to begin with.

Oh Well, Whatever happens to Imus and/or his producer is nobodies fault but their own.

Ian

However,

Rev. Jesse Jackson should not wish for anyone who has done this particular occurance to loose their job.

Have him pay a fine, write him up, ask him if he would consider an on-air apology. But the reverend should be concerned about what he said and why he said it, not wanting the dude to loose his job. This will only make the racist issue worse.

Ian
12th April 2007 06:35 PM
muncy23 It is his own fault and he has acknowledged so. Why arent white people forgiven when they utter racial slurs and apologize for it. Can Al Sharpton be any more cruel and hateful. He is setting a bad example for the balck community on how to act when racial remarks are slurred in their general direction. Al Sharpton's answer to the solution is .....FUck this mother fucker...lets bring him down and take him for everything that hes got. The more radical Al Sharptons out their might go a few steps further and recommend death upon people like Imus. That is not a good thing. It has become way to big of an issue and it unhealthy for America to hear this non-sense.
12th April 2007 06:39 PM
pdog nappy is racist? I see how ho is sexist, but in the context of a joke, it's a joke, and a bad one, that's all.
Back to the word nappy, i heard that term from black people, and I thought it was the same as saying you have kinky hair, or thick curly hair. When did it become racist? Or is it like the word nigger, taboo to certain people, b/c if it is, then it's those people who have a problem, not Don Imus who used the word. It's been said now on TV a million times since he said it. It's being handled the way a person would handle throw up or dog shit.
Do you see the real problem? It's not the word, it's the assholes who got all fired up, told the basketball team about it, made them feel bad, when they didn't, and the media who is running it, like it is news!
Die America, DIE!
12th April 2007 06:41 PM
texile this isn't about free speech..
i think there is a standard of public decency and respect..
it's not they're throwing imus in jail - his employer chose to fire him based on remarks.
THAT is not an infringement on america's notion of free speech - just someone being called on for stupid behavior.
12th April 2007 06:42 PM
muncy23 another thing, People tune into Imus to hear the crap he says. If they dont like it, then turn the dial or the channel. Simple as that. I feel hosts do have a certain responsiblilty to watch what they say. As long as they know they did wrong and are remorsefulfor their fuck ups, thats completely alright with me. Idont believe this was a big enough goof for a dismisal.
12th April 2007 06:43 PM
BILL PERKS LET'S DECLARE WAR ON THESE NIGGERS
12th April 2007 06:46 PM
pdog
quote:
texile wrote:
this isn't about free speech..
i think there is a standard of public decency and respect..
it's not they're throwing imus in jail - his employer chose to fire him based on remarks.
THAT is not an infringement on america's notion of free speech - just someone being called on for stupid behavior.

Al Sharpeton made it clear he wanted him "gone". That is beyond be called out for your mistake, that is revenge, and it is not an apprpriate response to what was obviously an attempted joke. Take offense, move on... Is Imus suffering for someone elses crimes? Yes, he is...
Nothing Imus ever said bugged me, b/c I didn't care about he jew jokes or whatever... Nappy ho... Give me a break, this is ultra liberal bullshit! This is a sad precident.
12th April 2007 06:47 PM
muncy23
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
LET'S DECLARE WAR ON THESE NIGGERS

hahaah...
12th April 2007 06:49 PM
BILL PERKS I WISH MARGE SCHOTT WAS HERE TO REPRESENT US WHITEY'S
12th April 2007 06:51 PM
muncy23 I once called a black guy a "nigger." I at a party, and ran down the stairs b/c someone was at the door. They asked me who it was and i was like..."It's Bill and some nigger."....woooo...did i ever feel like a dumbass...anyway...he tried to break down the door and attack me....I didnt mean anything bad by saying it at all. It was just like it came out of nowhere. I am not even that big of a racist
12th April 2007 06:52 PM
pdog
quote:
muncy23 wrote:
another thing, People tune into Imus to hear the crap he says. If they dont like it, then turn the dial or the channel. Simple as that. I feel hosts do have a certain responsiblilty to watch what they say. As long as they know they did wrong and are remorsefulfor their fuck ups, thats completely alright with me. Idont believe this was a big enough goof for a dismisal.

I really am considering starting an anti- the word "nigger saying" movement by white people against black people.
I'm going to call it, whites against nigger!
i'm starting to feel offended, I hear this word alot in public.... any other urban white folks around here, hear this word all the time on the streets...?
Us tight ass white folks need to speak up, next time I hear someone say it, i'm teling them It's offensive, we should all do it. If they get all uppity, ask them, right to their face, unless they are packin' heat, if they are a nigger? see what they say... Ask them if they're offended now too.
I'm tired of this liberal PC bullshit...
12th April 2007 06:56 PM
pdog
quote:
muncy23 wrote:
I once called a black guy a "nigger." I at a party, and ran down the stairs b/c someone was at the door. They asked me who it was and i was like..."It's Bill and some nigger."....woooo...did i ever feel like a dumbass...anyway...he tried to break down the door and attack me....I didnt mean anything bad by saying it at all. It was just like it came out of nowhere. I am not even that big of a racist

I've said nigger, as many times as I've been called a white motherfucker or fucking whiteboy ect... i've never, used the word nigger in anger... Where's the Racism there?

12th April 2007 06:56 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
nappy is racist? I see how ho is sexist, but in the context of a joke, it's a joke, and a bad one, that's all.
Back to the word nappy, i heard that term from black people, and I thought it was the same as saying you have kinky hair, or thick curly hair.

Michael Richards has some nappy ass hair!
12th April 2007 06:59 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Michael Richards has some nappy ass hair!

Wuurd!
12th April 2007 07:04 PM
BILL PERKS CALL A SPADE A SPADE...

WHAT HAS 4 LEGS AND SHOUTS "HO-DE-DO, HO-DE-DO"
12th April 2007 07:34 PM
gimmekeef The only thing about this that pisses me off..is Imus blew Keith snortin his dad off the front pages.....Theres just no justice...
12th April 2007 07:43 PM
lovelymocca The problem here is I am reading all of your posts and it is obvious that most if not all of you feel that blacks should take things as "jokes".

Blacks should just take the deaming murder of their character and just grin and take it all in stride.

You see many people make these "comments" without regard to who these people are or what their background.

Some could be very intelligent. Some could be hard working. Some could be criminals.

However it doesn't seem that any of you and those of your kind are interested in that.

You can do what you'd like. Someone said declare war on "ni--ers"

Well what you do not realize is that there are blacks on the board of CBS!

American Express which alos pulled their advertising is run by a black man.

Gone are the days where you think you hold all of the keys.

You will now have to learn something you have fought against for a very long time: RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE!
12th April 2007 07:45 PM
mojoman don's at home spinning the white album.......
12th April 2007 08:14 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lovelymocca wrote:
The problem here is I am reading all of your posts and it is obvious that most if not all of you feel that blacks should take things as "jokes".

Blacks should just take the deaming murder of their character and just grin and take it all in stride.

You see many people make these "comments" without regard to who these people are or what their background.

Some could be very intelligent. Some could be hard working. Some could be criminals.

However it doesn't seem that any of you and those of your kind are interested in that.

You can do what you'd like. Someone said declare war on "ni--ers"

Well what you do not realize is that there are blacks on the board of CBS!

American Express which alos pulled their advertising is run by a black man.

Gone are the days where you think you hold all of the keys.

You will now have to learn something you have fought against for a very long time: RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE!

Look the fact is that Don Imus is a certified asshole. What he said is flat out deplorable,but,and in this case there is a mighty big BUT,the company that just fired him is CBS. CBS records is the purveyor of some of the most mysogynistic,racist,sexist hip hop and rap records ever released. Yet you won't see CBS do shit about them! Why? Money! Plain and simple. The very people that are supposedly so deeply offended by this idiot's remarks are themselves responsible for these words even being in fashion! Ho many 50 Cent records use the word ho? All these rap artists rap about women in the most disparaging way imaginable yet I don't Jesse or Al saying shit about that!

When are Jesse and Al going top book their flights for North Carolina to go personally apologize to the Duke lacross players? Do ya think that apology will be forthcoming? Do you think the media will hold them accountable for dragging these "rich white boys" names through the dirt?! Of course not! These two race baiters will continue to fan the flames of racism in order to line theeir own pockets! They are dispicable. The black community should shun them and shun them hard. They are only causing more damage to race relations in this country. That,of course,is exactly what they re trying to do though. When will people call them on their blatant hypocrisy and double standards!

Riffy
12th April 2007 08:32 PM
IanBillen [quote]muncy23 wrote:
They asked me who it was and i was like..."It's Bill and some nigger."....

This is one of the funniest posts ever! Yikes...

Ian
12th April 2007 08:42 PM
IanBillen
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Sorry. I thought he meant the girls hair was dirty, simply because they were black. Almost as if to say "look at those little monkeys run" or something.

Didn't know he was just mocking the way some blacks (and whites for this matter) speak.

If in fact he was just doing that, mocking the way blacks (and some whites) talk, I think a formal apology if he offended some would of been fine if he was up to it.

I think actually loosing a job, is a bit much. Look at what Howard Stern has, and is still saying and offending everyone.

I have joked with black people that I knew and spoke in their "jargon" as a joke, if you will many times before. They also poked fun at me. And it was all in good fun.

If I was on the radio, I wouldn't be this stupid and do it on-air...

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
12th April 2007 08:46 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

When are Jesse and Al going top book their flights for North Carolina to go personally apologize to the Duke lacross players? Do ya think that apology will be forthcoming? Do you think the media will hold them accountable for dragging these "rich white boys" names through the dirt?! Of course not! These two race baiters will continue to fan the flames of racism in order to line theeir own pockets! They are dispicable. The black community should shun them and shun them hard. They are only causing more damage to race relations in this country. That,of course,is exactly what they re trying to do though. When will people call them on their blatant hypocrisy and double standards!

Riffy

There's a special place in hell reserved for that DA ...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)