ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Imus thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
11th April 2007 03:39 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

We must all stop and say a prayer for Don Imus .

As a nation, we need to come together and heal. I shall pray for all of us, including Mr. Imus.
11th April 2007 03:41 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

We must all stop and say a prayer for Don Imus .

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1176152772518&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull

Good to know our forces are ready ........9/11 would not have happened in Israel...our airforce is second to none!!!
11th April 2007 03:46 PM
jb http://news.aol.com/entertainment/articles/_a/companies-pull-ads-from-imus-show/20070409070209990001?ncid=NWS00010000000001

Prayers may not be enough my friends.................
11th April 2007 03:47 PM
BILL PERKS JOSH, YOU'RE ALMOST AS LAME AS JOEY TODAY
11th April 2007 03:49 PM
jb
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
JOSH, YOU'RE ALMOST AS LAME AS JOEY TODAY

Thanks Perks...........good to see your back. Enjoy the London shows.
[Edited by jb]
11th April 2007 04:21 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks Perks...........good to see your back. Enjoy the London shows.
[Edited by jb]

THANKS-I'LL TRY TO HERE IN SOUTH JERSEY
11th April 2007 04:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

THANKS-I'LL TRY TO HERE IN SOUTH JERSEY

Hey Perks where do you live in South Jersey?

Riffy
11th April 2007 04:24 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Hey Perks where do you live in South Jersey?

Riffy

BORN IN BRIGANTINE-NOW IN MAURICETOWN
11th April 2007 04:30 PM
Riffhard
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

BORN IN BRIGANTINE-NOW IN MAURICETOWN

Wow! I did not know you were from Jersey. I live in Point Pleasant Beach. If you ever get up the shore make sure ya let me know ahead of time and we shall do beers. We shall do lots of beers! I live on the beach and am within lip crawling distance of several pubs.

Riffy
11th April 2007 04:33 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Good to know our forces are ready ........9/11 would not have happened in Israel...our airforce is second to none!!!

They got six Million of us during the Holocaust !

Never Again .... NEVER !
11th April 2007 05:06 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

I had no idea Hitler killed 6 million homosexuals in Omaha!
11th April 2007 07:08 PM
Riffhard This just in. Imus has been released from his MSNBC contract. The race baiters worked their special brand of magic! No word,as of yet,about CBS Radio's reaction.

Riffy
11th April 2007 07:34 PM
lotsajizz Until black people disown their OWN over-use of such terms as 'nigger' and 'ho' then they have little cause to complain when others use those words. That being said, Imus has reaped what he sewed....

11th April 2007 08:43 PM
Riffhard
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Until black people disown their OWN over-use of such terms as 'nigger' and 'ho' then they have little cause to complain when others use those words. That being said, Imus has reaped what he sewed....

Has hell frozen over? Is there a blue moon? This is one of those rare moments when jizzy and I are in full agreement! Mark down this date.

Riffy
11th April 2007 08:45 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Joey wrote:

Never Again .... NEVER !

6,000,000 JEWS CAN'T BE WRONG!
[Edited by BILL PERKS]
11th April 2007 09:08 PM
sirmoonie This thread is so gay, its fucking offensive.
11th April 2007 09:18 PM
Mel Belli Anyone know what Howard Stern's being saying about the whole episode?
11th April 2007 09:48 PM
_Boomy_ Looks as if Imus' simulcast on MSNBC has run its course.

Saying stupid shit on the radio is gay, Ronnie!
12th April 2007 12:13 AM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Until black people disown their OWN over-use of such terms as 'nigger' and 'ho' then they have little cause to complain when others use those words. That being said, Imus has reaped what he sewed....

"Sowed" you nappy-headed asshole.
12th April 2007 12:14 AM
glencar
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Anyone know what Howard Stern's being saying about the whole episode?

Ho Stern is FEASTING on this! He has NEVER been funnier & his team is actually offering Asshole Imus good career advice. What Imus is doing is dragging this thing out past the point of interest.
12th April 2007 12:16 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Europeans, imo, are much more tolerant of other races...they are loving, caring, vibrant people who do not judge people by the color of their skin.

I ain't saying where I was but Euros make "rastus" jokes which are worse/nastier than any I've heard in this country. Yet they were quite funny to be honest.
12th April 2007 12:18 AM
glencar
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Sadly, not only are we universally despised by other nations, we are now despised by each other overall. I am just glad our friends such as Sweedish Erik and Dutch Rik can remain loved worldwide!

That's your return post? Fuck other countries if they despise us. Everyone despises the goddam French (except for Jumafly!) but you don't ever see those idiots crying about it. Stick to bidness/sales & leave the tough stuff to the rest of us.
12th April 2007 12:19 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

This kind og thing has happened way too much during the Bush administration. He has allowed a climate of hate to exist right beneath the surface, and it rears it ugly head more and more often. This stuff never happened under Clinton,.

Joshy, you were weak today. Too much Flomax?
12th April 2007 07:16 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
glencar wrote:
"Sowed" you nappy-headed asshole.

what he hath sown, you pubic-laced vaginal bloodfart
12th April 2007 08:59 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Anyone know what Howard Stern's being saying about the whole episode?

He's invited the Rutgers gals in for a spin on the "Robospanker"
12th April 2007 11:18 AM
Nellcote Imus was wrong, plain and simple.
The coach of Rutgers, as well as the students saying items such as "this is worse then when my husband died", as well as "I am scarred for life" is piling on.
They will shake him down for a million dollars, they will name a wing at the school after him.
And, we all know that is coming.
Now, when will Jessie apologize for Hymietown, and Sharpton for Twana?
Double standard?
Bet the house!
12th April 2007 11:22 AM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I tend to think that is a fantastic post.
12th April 2007 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Imus was wrong, plain and simple.
The coach of Rutgers, as well as the students saying items such as "this is worse then when my husband died", as well as "I am scarred for life" is piling on.
They will shake him down for a million dollars, they will name a wing at the school after him.
And, we all know that is coming.
Now, when will Jessie apologize for Hymietown, and Sharpton for Twana?
Double standard?
Bet the house!

It certainly is a double standard, but Imus has no on e to blame but himself. He went way over the top. He is no longer a "shock jock", and his show has national political fuigures on it regularly. I was also surprised, as I am not a listener, to learn of his history of racial insults tonot only blacks, but Jews, Catholics, and others....I watched the Rutgers press conference, and they coach and kids were very touching...The coaches speech, however, was kinda putting all of the worls problems on thisone incident..
12th April 2007 11:29 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

It certainly is a double standard, but Imus has no on e to blame but himself. He went way over the top. He is no longer a "shock jock", and his show has national political fuigures on it regularly. I was also surprised, as I am not a listener, to learn of his history of racial insults tonot only blacks, but Jews, Catholics, and others....I watched the Rutgers press conference, and they coach and kids were very touching...The coaches speech, however, was kinda putting all of the worls problems on thisone incident..

Sadly, the Rutgers Coach has, IMO, ruined what could have been a major step in eliminating the acceptance of racial attacks on our airwaves by trying to make it bigger than it was. Imus was out of line, and deserves what he gets, but if the accomplishments of an underdog basketball team were all ruined by one media personality, then I think these women must look at their own character.

I can assure you, I am called much worse everyday at one point or another (usually on this board), but it does not erase, nor lessen my personal or professional accomplishments. This becomes cartoonish when it gets to this level, and that is sad, because the real story should have always been regarding their performance in the NCAA Women's tournament (poorly attended unfortunately, See: Wide Open)_
12th April 2007 11:34 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

I saw that clip on TV. WTF? As is if what Imus said really meant anything. They trot the team out in front of the camera, hand 'em a script and like you say "pile on". It's all bullshit. And it doesn't matter where it comes from...the right and left use the same techniques, whether it's global warming or the war on terror. TV news is a puppet show. Plain and simple.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)