ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Imus thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12th April 2007 11:42 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
"There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.
12th April 2007 11:44 AM
pdog Don looks done!
12th April 2007 11:46 AM
Nellcote The matter is not whether or not Imus is still a shock jock.
He has said countless times he was wrong.
He will take his medicine.
Sharpton & gang will get him canned from terrestrial eventually.
He can then be like Howard, go on sat, show America how great it is to talk real trash, further promoting the dumbing down of America.
I came out of the grocery store yesterday, to see a young goth chick, with a leather coat on, words studded on the back, "My mother is a C%NT"
Try explaing that to your child?
This is what America has come to
Sharpton & gang claim that they will clean up rap music is pure rubbish.
Sharpton & that absolute creep,phony Jackson will push their way around, acting as if they are king.
And the scared execs at cable will listen to them...
12th April 2007 11:47 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I saw that clip on TV. WTF? As is if what Imus said really meant anything. They trot the team out in front of the camera, hand 'em a script and like you say "pile on". It's all bullshit. And it doesn't matter where it comes from...the right and left use the same techniques, whether it's global warming or the war on terror. TV news is a puppet show. Plain and simple.

Damn it! I told the promoters its "Van Halen" first, and "Puppet Show" last!!!
12th April 2007 11:48 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The matter is not whether or not Imus is still a shock jock.
He can then be like Howard, go on sat, show America how great it is to talk real trash, further promoting the dumbing down of America.
I came out of the grocery store yesterday, to see a young goth chick, with a leather coat on, words studded on the back, "My mother is a C%NT"
Sharpton & that absolute creep,phony Jackson will push their way around, acting as if they are king.

I also agree with this post.
12th April 2007 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

That is very true nellcote...all of these guys, from Stern to Sharpton, are dun=mbing down the country. Where has decency gone? Why have we become such a divided, hateful society? Where will it end?
12th April 2007 11:50 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

That is very true nellcote...all of these guys, from Stern to Sharpton, are dun=mbing down the country. Where has decency gone? Why have we become such a divided, hateful society? Where will it end?

we will eventually be forced to live under martial law.
12th April 2007 12:08 PM
pdog
quote:
Nellcote wrote:

Her Mom might be a cunt... Her Mom might be a saint, and the daughter might be the cunt... If you're like me, hopefully we can raise kids that rebel, w/o losing sight of themselves... Free speech is an important part of America, and we all have to hear things we don't like... I think you're lucky that what you saw was something on a jacket... Just last week at a Giants game, I had a yuppie looking drunk guy screaming "fuck you, you piece of shit" at the top of his lungs.
Kids are smart too. My son later asked me if the guy was drinking beer, and if he had too much and got stupid. I didn't know, but I have taught my kid the proper way to heckle opposing team players... you call them "bums"! When they strike out, you say "grab some pine meat".
I don't know how old your kids is, but mine is only 6, and he amazes me with his insight and awareness. Sometimes I forget what it was like to be a kid. When I take a minute to reflect, I realize, that alot of us underestimate our kids, and we act on fear too often. Which isn't always bad with extreme threats, but as a general practice, we just push them away. I have an almost 16 year old daughter, and in the situation you were in, I talk to her about that stuff, with my son who is 6, it's way tougher to answer his questions about crazy people, or mean people or just stupid people dping stupid things.
There's a fun kids get doing stuff like that. I had a hammer and sickle shirt I wore all the time in the 80's. I loved having people tell me how much the shirt bothered them. I would tell them I'm perfectly fine with it... It's in that moment, when two people can make a choice, to either get the joke or take something way too seriously. This world is full of too many people, looking and waiting for something to be offended by, I've done it, we probalby all have... I find I do best when i walk on... And it's important that i know when I shouldn't walk on. And that, is the something I'll be working on til I die!
If Sharpeton and Jackson are cleaning up rap, aren't the white middle class guys, supposed to go after the goth kids?
[Edited by pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
12th April 2007 12:09 PM
jb
Imus Fights Back!: 'These bastards went after me. They got me. But they didn't catch me asleep'... Says MSNBC 'unethical'...

12th April 2007 12:15 PM
Joey

" IMUS IN THE MORNING !!!! "

12th April 2007 12:23 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Imus Fights Back!: 'These bastards went after me. They got me. But they didn't catch me asleep'... Says MSNBC 'unethical'...

Did any of these black leaders go after that basketball player who had his rant on fags? No! Why is Imus getting nailed for comments not even close to being as offensive as what that guy said...?
People need to seriously look at context, and not words. Imus wasn't coming from a place of anger or rage. he could've called them nappy headed nigger ho's, he wasn't atacking anyone. To me, that's what it is coming down to, people need to see what is truly hurtful isn't the words, it's if someone is actually trying to hurt you, Imus wasn't doing that, and everyone knows that. Bad joke a failed joking comment, move on...
There's been so many times, I've posted at someone, been really angry and said something purely to hurt and fight... There's also times I just have fun, and I'm being funny. And we all respond depending on how feel at the moment we read or hear something. Now what is going on, is this comment is growing, as a collective group, begin telling everyone how they should feel about this... Jackson called NY Hymie town... New York is full of Jews... That's like me saying the bay bridge goes from Fairyland to Africa, since SF is known for homosexuals and oakland has a large black community. Be fucking offended, or get the joke!
P.S. Fiji sopened my eyes and ears, with a very good debate regarding the ball players fag comments a few months ago...
12th April 2007 12:25 PM
jb Tim Hardaway apologized, but business at his carwash has gone down a bit.
12th April 2007 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Link Please .....

Snuggles
12th April 2007 12:32 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:
Tim Hardaway apologized, but business at his carwash has gone down a bit.

Not the point... If he called these girls nappy ho's, would anyone have cared... Imus is white, so it changes things? He was not being mean, he was trying to make a joke, and failed, that's all I see. This isn't like Kramer's nigger rampage. that was anger, I can tell the difference.
_Boomy_
quote:
Joey wrote:

Link Please .....

Snuggles

For Joey:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3im.htm

gimmekeef Send in the clowns...its all over.....When is someone going to stand up to these dipwads Jackson and Sharpton?...Besides you get a look at those "gals"..???
12th April 2007 12:35 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Not the point... If he called these girls nappy ho's, would anyone have cared... Imus is white, so it changes things? He was not being mean, he was trying to make a joke, and failed, that's all I see. This isn't like Kramer's nigger rampage. that was anger, I can tell the difference.

I don't think anyone here can understand why this reasonatws so strongly in the African-American community. While Sharpton and Jackson are certainly not the ones who should be speaking for black America(hello Obama), we can't substitute our judgment for the ones effected.
12th April 2007 12:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
jb wrote:
I don't think anyone here can understand why this reasonatws so strongly in the African-American community.

It doesn't really. The African-American community could give a shit less. It's only a TV thing. A propaganda thing.
12th April 2007 12:47 PM
jb
quote:

It doesn't really. The African-American community could give a shit less. It's only a TV thing. A propaganda thing.

I wrote a song about a character named lil jackie that deals with many of the issues we face...I am recording it along with my version of Midnight Rambler!!!
12th April 2007 12:52 PM
pdog
quote:

It's beyond amazing how much people are being told how to feel by the media... Even when it involves someone in the media.
I really should make a stink about my kid not getting into our local public school, which has about ten white kids, a thousand asian kids, and about a hundred black kids. Sf diversity at its best!!! I'm not doing it b/c I'd feel like a jackass, but if I was black or asian, and it was a reversed scenario, you bet your ass people would cry foul, and no one would question my motives!
We are experiencing mass retardation, on a level never before seen in history.
12th April 2007 12:54 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

We are experiencing mass retardation, on a level never before seen in history.

that's TV in a nutshell!
12th April 2007 12:56 PM
Joey
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:

For Joey:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3im.htm

Bless You Boomy :

" IMUS: 'WHEN WILL SHARPTON APOLOGIZE TO DUKE PLAYERS'?
Thu Apr 12 2007 10:02:02 ET

Patrick Gavin with FISHBOWLDC reports on Imus's radio show this am...

Barely 12 hours after being fired from MSNBC...

" 6:12 AM: On Imus' radio program (no longer simulcast on MSNBC) this morning, Chris Carlin, who covers sports for the program, discussed yesterday's dismissal of charges against the Duke lacrosse players.

(rough transcript)

DON IMUS: When will Al Sharpton be apologizing to them?

(LAUGHTER)

CARLIN: I'm unaware of such a press conference.

IMUS: I'll be darned...

UPDATE 6:28 AM: After a station break, Imus came back to discuss MSNBC's decision. He said he was recently chatted with "another big time broadcasting executive" who was "complaining that [MSNBC] had cancelled the simulcast twelve hours before we were getting ready to conduct this radio-thon for these three charities."

Imus: "My position on all of this is not whining about the hideously hypocritical coverage from the newspapers -- from everybody -- or the lack of support, say, from people like Harold Ford, Jr. who I had my life threatened over supporting and all these kind of things. It all began, and it doesn't make any difference -- like [James] Carville said -- stop talking about the context, it doesn't make any difference. If I hadn't have said it I wouldn't be here. So let's stop whining about it...You gotta stop complaining. I said a stupid, idiotic thing that desperately hurt these kids. I'm going to apologize but we gotta move on."

UPDATE 7:37 am. IMUS: "The hypocrisy is absurd...Everybody knows what the deal is. And this is not over. This story does not end here."

Imus also gave a shout-out to Opie & Anthony, who support Imus on this issue.

UPDATE 7:57:

Imus says he spoke with MSNBC Senior VP Phil Griffin and said "some of the stuff that MSNBC has done this morning is frankly unethical and I've asked them to stop doing it."

But also said, "I'm not whining about the coverage. I'm not whining about any aspect of this."

"I've said 100 times: I said it and if I hadn't said it, we wouodn't be sitting here talking about it. And that's the bottom line."

Imus also said that losing television (via MSNBC) isn't as big as losing radio. "The big part of the program is radio. There's millions of people listening to the radio. At best a few hundred thousand are watching television."

On MSNBC's decision: "I understand the pressure they were under. I'm not stupid."

UPDATE 8:15am: Speaking with an African-American woman, whose son had spent time at the Imus Ranch, Imus said, "And I want to say to you as an African-American woman, I'm sorry for what I said...I want to apologize to all African-American women." The woman said, "Okay, I accept that."

UPDATE 8:19AM: Imus said that one of the "sad ironies of my stupidity" is that, at his ranch, "we sent six kids home because they couldn't stop calling girls bitches and hos."

UPDATE 8:21AM: "I want to thank Opie & Anthony...I love them and I love what they do. I know they offend people perhaps more than I do. They're good loyal guys...Even Howard [Stern] hasn't been horrible." (Although if you read this Stern show summary, seems like Stern still has his claws out against his longtime nemesis.) UPDATE 8:28AM: Imus says that he's had "a lot of big people in the media" calling him "whining about the hypocrsity in the coverage. We understand that. You just turn on the cable channels or read the newspaper, trying to portray me as some vicious racist or whatever and there's not one person talking about the other things I've done...There's a difference between premeditated murder and a gun going off...But you've got to take your medicine. I'm not whining about it."

"Don't tell me that context isn't important. Context is importnat in everything we do in our lives. But it's not an excuse."

UPDATE 8:38AM: Despite the controversy, Imus says contributions for The Tomorrows Children Fund and the Imus Ranch are "way, way up" compared to this time in the show last year, which is significant because "the money's more important this year than ever."

He added: "These bastards went after me. They got me. But they didn't catch me asleep."

UPDATE 8:44AM: MSNBC's Imus webpage is still up, with a statement and link to Imus' charities.

UPDATE 8:45am: "One day you've got a radio and tv show and one day you don't...Ordinarily we need to raise $3 million, this year we need to raise $100 million -- just in case (Laughter)."

UPDATE 8:57AM: Tells his friends, "Don't call me telling me that the coverage is unfair...If I hadn't said it, there'd be no coverage...Shut up about it...I've been dishing it out for a long time, and now it's my turn...I'm not going to whine about it."

Imus also lets readers know that he's doing today's show in the MSNBC studio.

UPDATE 9:01AM: Charlie McCord says that they've raised over $400,000.

UPDATE 9:10AM: On MSNBC:I understand their decision." "I appreciate them letting us use their studio this morning."

To "all of my friends in the media, out of the media: You can't whine about this...We wouldn't have been there if I hadn't said it."

He again called media coverage "outrageously hypocritical."

"Harold Ford, Jr. has been disgraceful in his lack of support. I endured death threats to endorse him...It's unfortunate that he has no courage."

"I'm not surprised by any of this. I'm not surprised at the hypocrisy of Al Sharpton, of Jesse Jackson or any of these people. But you can't whine about it."

"We can talk about all the good work that I've done forever, but I still said that. I'm not making any excuses. Everybody's got to stop whining and quit talking about it."

UPDATE 9:25AM: "I've dished it out for a long time and now it's my time to take it. That's fine. Bring it on."

UPDATE 9:28AM: After one guest said "kick ass," then followed that with "can I say that?" Imus said, "I think today you can say anything."

UPDATE 9:37: "We've never done this well before" (regarding the radiothon)

UPDATE 9:38: On meeting with the Rutgers basketball players: "I can't go through the rest of my life -- nor can they -- without us having this conversation and me telling them how I feel and, more importantly, them telling me how they feel."

12th April 2007 12:57 PM
Saint Sway dudes getting crucified over an off the cuff remark

a bad thing to say? Sure.

but get over it already.

the only one who's actually suffering from all this is Imus, who is suspeneded, losing his top sponsors and soon his job

I guarantee no one on that girls team has lost a second of sleep over any of this

no one on that team ever listened to his stupid show

a tree fell in the woods people
12th April 2007 12:59 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I guarantee no one on that girls team has lost a second of sleep over any of this

I lose sleep over Tara Conner .....

...and you's ?!

Developing ............................

Connering ....................

'kins
12th April 2007 01:00 PM
Saint Sway Yes, Joey, I slept with Tara Conner.

Who hasnt?
12th April 2007 01:03 PM
pdog Can we really win a war on teror and bring democracy to Iraq, when we act this retarded in the USA?
How would the woman in Maxlugars avatar respond if we called her a bee keeper outfit wearing ho?
God we are so fucked!!!
[Edited by pdog]
12th April 2007 01:04 PM
Joey " Yes, Joey, I slept with Tara Conner. "

YES !!!!!!!

[Edited by Joey]
12th April 2007 01:06 PM
jb http://money.aol.com/inc/general/canvas3/_a/the-office-i-am-not-/20070411133909990001

Why
12th April 2007 01:07 PM
pdog Shut up Joey! The grown ups are talking!
12th April 2007 01:08 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
http://money.aol.com/inc/general/canvas3/_a/the-office-i-am-not-/20070411133909990001

YES !!!!

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)