ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Well? Is anyone going to start a new drinking thread? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
12-19-03 09:09 PM
nankerphelge Well.... anything worth doin' is worth overdoin'!!

That's what I always say....
12-19-03 09:12 PM
Sir Stonesalot Some Guy, I hate to burst your bubble, but League of Distinguished Gentlemen is fucking AWFUL.

I have no idea how or why that movie was made. It is the most ridiculous, convoluted, inane, retarded, ball of crap that I witnessed this year.

Actually I haven't seen the whole thing. I couldn't get through it.

Funny enough, Sean Connery turned down the role of Gandalf in the Lord of the Rings movies because he said the story made no sense. Then he goes and does LoDG...oh yeah, like THAT movie makes sense!

Even the special effects are second rate.

I hope you just rented it.
12-19-03 09:13 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks nanker - apologies for getting all serious on your ass...and you're right, all you people here give me a lot...mostly lots and lots of laughs...i'm ok...i think the real problem is i seriously need to get laid...man cannot live on drugs and rock and roll alone...

nanker glad you still remember that review, i'm kind of proud of it myself esp. as i had the pics. to go with it...i really felt like i had "got it right" and made the most out of a situation i'd never find myself in again...

and nanker i haven't forgotten i owe you one, that blimp pin is still on display in my kitchen so i see it every day and of course it reminds me of you - expect some international mail (you too pam) shortly
12-19-03 09:16 PM
LadyJane Okay...got to share this one.

Toys r Us.....I get to the register and hand the geek my Am Ex Card. "Ma'am please swipe it through the machine"
Okay...I can do that and I know enough to sign on that idiot machine that makes your signature look like total scribble. He says "Ma'am you must hit ok." I hit the ok button with my finger. "No Ma'am, you must hit it with the special pen." Okay...put the card away. "Ma'am need to see the card to compare your signature." Pull it back out. "Ma'am can I see some ID. to confirm your signature."

OMG...next year all shopping on-line!!

Thus....two bottles of Vodka.

LJ.

12-19-03 09:17 PM
glencar Shopping online is so much better. So much. Time for #2!
12-19-03 09:18 PM
nankerphelge That's right SIA!

Gotta just deal with the deal!!

That's all there is to it!

Goddam I got a serious ass buzz goin' this evening!

12-19-03 09:19 PM
Some Guy SS I bought it.

Did someone say Steelie?
12-19-03 09:20 PM
glencar He was here today again but just to tell Joey that he still loved him.
12-19-03 09:21 PM
LadyJane SIA...I must echo Nanky's statement that your review of Enmore was one of the BEST posts of the past year.

Hang in there!

LJ.
12-19-03 09:25 PM
glencar Can anyone repoet his review?
12-19-03 10:15 PM
Some Guy Don't ya thank sometimes its wise not to grow up?
12-21-03 10:24 AM
LadyJane No posts to the Drinking Thread in over 24 hours!?

I'm shocked....Did everyone jump on the wagon??????

LJ
12-21-03 01:07 PM
glencar They must be hungover for a week. BTW That hangover "cure" is called Chaser & is available at Walgreens & other fine stores. The commercial is kind of funny in its presentation.
12-21-03 01:33 PM
LadyJane "Chaser", huh?

On my way to Walgreens!!

LJ.
12-21-03 01:39 PM
glencar Let's corner the market!
12-21-03 04:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
No posts to the Drinking Thread in over 24 hours!?

I'm shocked....Did everyone jump on the wagon??????

Probably all checked into Detox Hotel. Detox does a liver good.
12-21-03 05:27 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sorry for the 180 degrees turn, but this is just a drinking alert as I'm going now to a party and will be back dead drunk
12-21-03 07:18 PM
luxury1 Well, My buzz has just turned me into a puddle, so I have switched to Bailey's and coffee. Waiting to wake up for the second round......
12-21-03 07:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Well, My buzz has just turned me into a puddle,...

Hey don't knock it, that's a GOOD sign.

12-22-03 10:42 AM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Tele! Did you get my message?
Hubby & I were up there for about 10-15 minutes and had to leave abruptly...damn his pager!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my camera and was all set for ya! Would have been a nice photo for this thread (LMAO!) with both of us holding one of those martini's...hey! they're green and they put cherries in 'em! It would have been really festive

We're there almost any given Friday afternoon, please join us another time when you're in the 'hood...okay?

Got the message, I sent you a PM
12-22-03 01:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh man, I got fuckin wrecked on Sat. night. I went out for a loaf of bread and ran into one of the guys I used to coach in soccer. He said, "Hey I'm headin over to JPs for some Guinness and trivial, come along." So I go. I call the wife on the cell..."Honey. I'm gonna go have a couple of beers at JPs. No no. I'm only gonna stay for a little while. You want me to bring you home a quesadilla?"

So I'm sitting there. Drinking. Didn't think I'd had that many. Stood up to take a piss...and whoa! I figured out that i had a serious buzz on. My lil soccer pal and I set the local high score in music trivia...in fact, we DOUBLED the previous high score. That'll be there a while. Anyhow, I figure out that I'm toasted, when another friend of mine walks in the door and says, "Hey Krypton is playing at the Eagles Club". Krypton City Blues Review is THE local blues band. I'm chums with most of them. Dave & Mitch are fucking great guitar players, and even greater guys. So out the door I go.

I get to the Eagles Club, and walk up to the fellas. Give some skin, and make my way to the bar. "Gimme a shot of jack and a Lager, please." The bartender says "That'll be $2.20" I said, "For what, the beer or the shot?" He goes, "No, for both, together." I said, "Oh shit, I'm in trouble now."

I down my shot and grab my beer turn around and there is my ex-brother in law. I make idle chit chat, and I look up to see FPM waving at me. Now I know I'm in trouble.

The set ends and we go outside with Mitch & Dave for some herbal refreshments. I go back in, and my brother in law hands me a Rolling Rock pony bottle. I did my no hands chug for him. His buddy tied to do it and gagged.

Honestly, the rest of the night is fuzzy. I rember some chick with a fine ass and lots of tatoos. I remember her hitting on me a couple of times. I think I said to Flea, "She isn't one of those chicks to throw away a marraige on is she?" He says "No." I says, "I didn't think so, but I thought I'd better check."

Woke up yesterday with a crushing hangover. My wife is seriously pissed at me. Evidently I stumbled in at 3AM. Ooooops.

Things won't get any better either. Tonight FPMs new band will be playing at a holiday party thrown by a mutual pal. I may not even make it home tonight. My wife's gonna be seriously pissed. Again.

Oh well.
12-22-03 01:11 PM
parmeda BENTONVILLE, ARK (AP) -- Some Wal-Mart customers soon will be able to sample a new discount item -- Wal-Mart's own brand of wine. The world's largest retail chain is teaming up with E&J Gallo Winery of Modesto, CA, to produce the spirits at an affordable price, in the $2-5 range.
While wine connoisseurs may not be inclined to throw a bottle of Wal-Mart brand wine into their shopping carts, there is a market for cheap wine, said Kathy Micken, professor of marketing at Roger Williams University in Bristol, R.I. She said: "The right name is
important."
So, here we go: The top 12 suggested names for Wal-Mart wine:

12. Chateau Traileur Parc
11. White Trashfindel
10. Big Red Gulp
9. Grape Expectations
8. Domaine Wal-Mart "Merde du Pays"
7. NASCARbernet
6. Chef Boyardeaux
5. Peanut Noir
4 Chateau des Moines
3. I Can't Believe It's Not Vinegar!
2. World Championship Riesling

And the number 1 name for Wal-Mart Wine...
1. Nasti Spumante

And who says they don't know wine in Arkansas?
12-22-03 03:07 PM
glencar A travesty indeed! But they'll snap it up...
12-23-03 07:42 PM
LadyJane The Drinking Thread on Page 2!!

Nanky must have the flu!!

I'm wrapping gifts so I dare not imbibe. But SOON...very SOON

LJ.
12-23-03 09:43 PM
parmeda With an avitar like Nanky's, do you REALLY think that would happen TTM?

I think NOT! lol...
12-23-03 10:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
parmeda wrote:
With an avitar like Nanky's, do you REALLY think that would happen TTM?

I think NOT! lol...

I think SO! lol

Like they say "all wind and no suck".

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12-24-03 12:46 AM
parmeda
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Like they say "all wind and no suck".

Nanky?
Are you kidding me?
ROTFLMFAO!

It's the Holidays...and if I know him, he's got his lips wrapped around a few Newcastles just suckin' away.

Merry Xmas TTM
12-24-03 09:45 AM
nankerphelge Actually a combo of all of the above.

I have some sort of stomach flu, and I am trying to kill in with alcohol!

Monday I tried Newcastles
Yesterday Merlot

Not sure about today!
Developing....
12-24-03 12:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]parmeda wrote:

>Are you kidding me?
ROTFLMFAO!<
Of course.

>Merry Xmas TTM <
Same to you, and I hope Santa's really good to you this year.

12-24-03 01:26 PM
Some Guy Cabernet Sauvignon
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17