ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Well? Is anyone going to start a new drinking thread? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
01-08-04 03:55 PM
Joey " The Who don't seem to have much of a survival instinct. Luckily fate has given them a last chance. They are a great band. "

Have you hugged your Hugh today ?!

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=77&zone=diary

01-08-04 07:54 PM
Some Guy Man my wife wants to stop drinking for a while, she never really drank much. But it will seriously cut me down for a bit. Its all good though. Stones always sound better with a buzz on, gonna lay low there too. What a drag it is getting sober.
[Edited by Some Guy]
01-09-04 03:48 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
egon wrote:
god i'm bored.

You know what to do my egonie brother. Despite what the liberal media would have you believe, binge drinking is beneficial to your health. Independent study after independent study has proven that a strict regimen of binge drinking is effective in treating Chronic and Persistent Boredom Syndrome (CPBS). In fact, binge drinking has been found to decrease overall boredom by 34% and to decrease workplace boredom by a whopping 72%. Moreover, in a very recent study, it was found that early and timely binge drinking completely suppressed all symptoms of church induced boredom, widely regarded as among the most debilitating of all boredoms.*

So, my dear colleagues, if you, or someone you love, suffers from chronic and persistent boredom syndrome, please see your nearest booze peddler. Relief may be only a few chugs away.

(*Many licensed booze administers recommend complete abstinence as the only truly effective way of preventing church induced boredom.)
01-09-04 05:36 AM
egon all worked out in the end,

i had a meeting with some clients and they forced me to drink beer and wine. (and gave me food as well)

on top of that they paid for it as well!

life is good and my sources say the weekend is going to be excellent.

01-09-04 05:45 AM
egon ps, what are we drinking for lunch today?
01-09-04 06:17 AM
Zeeta Drinking!?

Threading!?

One shallbe drinking extra heavily tonight, ale and wine for the most part. Spirits later gin maybe, Jack Daniels or perhaps southern comfort. I shall be thinking as always "fuck 'em all" which has become my moto since being a teenager.

fuck 'em all!

dirty deed done dirt cheap will be playing to make me chuckle!

01-09-04 07:56 AM
LadyJane Little early (8:00 am) for drinking...but what do you guys suggest as the drink of choice when the temperature outside is 1 degree, and it's going to get COLDER as the day progresses???? And I don't mean hot chocolate!!

LJ.
01-09-04 08:50 AM
egon what to suggest?

here's something to keep you warm:
01-09-04 08:53 AM
nankerphelge Is that a bottle in your post or are you just happy to see us?

01-09-04 08:53 AM
Zeeta Lady Jane;

As it is morning in USA and Hogmany until 25th of Jan which peaks with Burns Night, Haggis (not a species animal BTW!), 'neeps and tatties all round, I suggest you start the day with some porrige, ...wait, you need to make it with loads of cream, and include 3 measures of whisky and sprinkle it with salt. mmmmmmmmm!

Fuck Cornflakes and weatabix Scotch porrige is the way forward!
01-09-04 08:57 AM
LadyJane Zeeta...you lost me!!

I get the porriage...but the rest....HUH???

LJ.
01-09-04 09:03 AM
Zeeta Haha!

Hogmanay is what we celebrate on New Year - it is a Scottish tradition! Hogmanay goes on until Robert Burns night on the 25th of Jan, when everyone eats Haggis, still with me?!

Well anyway I fuckin love it 'cos instead of all this fannying around dieting and cutting back Hogmanay is just ANOTHER party until Burn's Night! Then we make another excuse!!
01-09-04 09:10 AM
LadyJane Now I got it!! You Scots rock!! Great custom!

See.....lessons in international culture right here at RO.

LJ.
01-09-04 09:15 AM
M.O.W.A.T.

This'll keep you warm on a cold night.
01-09-04 09:21 AM
LadyJane Thanks M.O.W.A.T. but Richards WIR brings back horrible memories. As a teenager I got totally smashed on the stuff. Why?? Because it had "Richards" on the label and I just HAD to finish off the bottle.

Oooo...my head hurts thinking about it.

LJ.

BTW...I will be unable to refrain from giggling everytime you post with Mr. Benny Hill as your avatar!!
01-09-04 09:41 AM
Zeeta I ain't Scottish, I'm English but I am British and therefore it rocks!!

Try Grog a traditional Czech tipple VERY good on a cold day. If it's good enough for the nation that consumes the most beer per head in the WORLD then it's good enough for me! It contains - Czech rum, hot water, sugar and lemon which combines to make a drink that tastes marvelous!!

spiffing!
01-09-04 09:50 AM
Joey " Moreover, in a very recent study, it was found that early and timely binge drinking completely suppressed all symptoms of church induced boredom, widely regarded as among the most debilitating of all boredoms.* "

Moonie .................I last went to a regular Sunday Church Service in 1982 . That is the complete truth .

Do you think anything has changed ? Am I missing something ? ............... or just being obtuse ?

" White Logic Ronnie ?!?!?!?! "

[ Edited by the " Caked " one ]

Still looking for that perfect " caked avatar " !!!!!!!!

Jacky Cake !
01-09-04 09:54 AM
LadyJane Zeeta...that sounds Yummy!! I LOVE Rum!!

British, Scottish, Irish....all unique...all ROCK!!!

My ancestors hail from the British Isles!!

LJ.

PS...Looks like we'll be closing out the drinking thread today. Part 3 to follow!
[Edited by LadyJane]
01-09-04 10:10 AM
egon how do you mean closing out?
i vote for a lock in!!!

it's 16.10 hours and counting
almost weekend!
01-09-04 10:13 AM
LadyJane
quote:
egon wrote:
how do you mean closing out?
i vote for a lock in!!!

it's 16.10 hours and counting
almost weekend!

Pursuant to statute 154-65AB of the RO Charter, a thread is automatically closed after it hits 500 posts!!

Egon...I suggest YOU begin the next drinking thread!!

LJ.

01-09-04 10:26 AM
egon did it. opened a new thread.

so might as well close this one;

LOCK IN!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17