ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

With the legendary Bill Graham aka Wolfgang Grajonca (check his Vaults before it's too late!)
Live Aid Benefit Concert - Philadelphia, PA July 13, 1985
© Unknown Author (Thanks anyway)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hitchens on Coulter (all Bush Geek content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
12th December 2006 05:44 AM
lotsajizz well, sirmoonie, you laid out the troll line...and you got a bite!! congrats....

12th December 2006 10:44 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
well, sirmoonie, you laid out the troll line...and you got a bite!! congrats....

Thanks.

But truth be told on a pile of soggy, urine stained bibles, I was not trolling. Coulter has been discussed here many times (as have Bush Geeks), and I know some here admire her. I think she's a nutbag (see, e.g., sociopathic comments regarding women with husbands killed during large terrorist attack on the United States of America circa September, 2001). And I think her mentality, inflicted upon us through the media, is piss and parcel of why a significant number of Republicans were defeated in the last election. That was the only reason I posted Hitchens' humiliation of her. And thats the only reason I commented to Riffy that he should "think large." That's all. No trolling.
12th December 2006 11:28 AM
Starbuck i agree with riffy to a certain extent - i do think she says what she says deliberately to piss off the liberals and sell books....its her bread and butter...and i don't think "intellectual conservatives" (is there such a thing?...) buy into her at all.

but i do think she thinks of herself as a smarty pants.
12th December 2006 12:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Hitchens is in the top five of my "people i'd like to drink with."

He's so clearly buzzed sometimes on TV - and elegantly so. That faint sweat on his forhead, and the bemused stammer that is still sharper and more cutting than anything else anyone could hope to muster. He is a fucking gem of a talking head, and a stunning writer.

I don't know how much drinking you'd really want to do with the guy. Many of the times I've seen him on TV he seems like like he is just barely able to to control the tremors from NOT having a drink in his hand while on air. He doesn't seem like he'd be that fun to drink with because he get's his booze on just to get thru the day!
I agree with you that he is a phenomenal writer and his use of language is beautiful, condecending and concise! That's coming from someone that disagrees with him more times than agrees with him.
13th December 2006 12:14 PM
the good Its funny how some people around here call others idiots for supporting the war in Iraq but then honor the brilliance of Hitchens.
13th December 2006 12:23 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I don't know how much drinking you'd really want to do with the guy. Many of the times I've seen him on TV he seems like like he is just barely able to to control the tremors from NOT having a drink in his hand while on air. He doesn't seem like he'd be that fun to drink with because he get's his booze on just to get thru the day!
I agree with you that he is a phenomenal writer and his use of language is beautiful, condecending and concise! That's coming from someone that disagrees with him more times than agrees with him.

Outstanding Analysis --- Ferociously Compelling .

Another alcoholic writer living life in a boozy haze ---- and I say , " What is wrong with that , huh ?! " .

" He will Booze to Pray Ronnie ! "

Boozy Kins .

13th December 2006 12:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
the good wrote:
Its funny how some people around here call others idiots for supporting the war in Iraq but then honor the brilliance of Hitchens.

Name someone who did that. Then, assuming you can, explain the irreconsilibility you suggest exists.
13th December 2006 12:55 PM
Joey
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Name someone who did that. Then, assuming you can, explain the irreconsilibility you suggest exists.

Chris " Hardball " Matthews treats Hitchens with great truculence .
13th December 2006 01:57 PM
Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Did you mean Irreconcilability? Hitchens would laugh at you.

13th December 2006 02:03 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sway wrote:

Did you mean Irreconcilability? Hitchens would laugh at you.

Nah. I make less spelling mistakes than damn near anyone, even when multi-tasking like a muh. I doubt he'd laugh.
13th December 2006 03:29 PM
Sway
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Nah. I make less spelling mistakes than damn near anyone, even when multi-tasking like a muh. I doubt he'd laugh.

Hitchens is extremely pro-Iraq war. Do you call him "my man" after your read some of those articles?
13th December 2006 04:15 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sway wrote:

Hitchens is extremely pro-Iraq war. Do you call him "my man" after your read some of those articles?

Are you mean to say "you"? Hitchens would laugh.

And his pro-Iraq war stance has zip to do with his status as "my man" which is just a slang term indicating that I hold him in relatively high esteem with respect to his commentary and work.
13th December 2006 04:17 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Sway wrote:

What's the matter . . . you can't appreciate the thoughts and writings of people you disagree with? Does that make your circuits blow and your CPU start screaming Does not compute. . Does not compute!!! Are you a bot?
13th December 2006 04:23 PM
Some Guy This thread could use some booty.
13th December 2006 04:32 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
This thread could use some booty.

You are the man!!

13th December 2006 04:33 PM
Some Guy The Immaculate Hijack!
13th December 2006 04:48 PM
sirmoonie I can believe you guys degraded with kick butt Hitchens thread with bootyism.
13th December 2006 04:49 PM
Some Guy bootyism-nice!
13th December 2006 05:58 PM
lotsajizz I hate these fat asses...show some cutie model types!!

13th December 2006 06:14 PM
Dan
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I hate these fat asses...show some cutie model types!!

13th December 2006 06:30 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Beer Goggles ......AGAIN !!!!!
13th December 2006 06:53 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I hate these fat asses...show some cutie model types!!

To skinny for me, I like more Junk-In-The-Trunk!!.

13th December 2006 06:57 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
bootyism-nice!

Booty Booty Booty Booty Rockin' Everywhere!!!

13th December 2006 07:04 PM
lotsajizz thank you----Heidei's more my type, me like 'em slim ('cept of course up top!)

shit I even think Kate Moss is do-able and I KNOW most guys think she's too skinny

...to each their own....

13th December 2006 07:16 PM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I didn't have you in mind. But isn't it curious you felt the need to respond? The contradiction is clear.

13th December 2006 07:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
the good wrote:

I didn't have you in mind. But isn't it curious you felt the need to respond? The contradiction is clear.

Not curious in slightest, especially since you said it, then never named anyone.

And while I'm not the sharpest banana in the drawer, if the contradiction was clear, I most likely would see it, which I don't at all.
13th December 2006 07:59 PM
mojoman
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

You are the man!!

good booty!!!
13th December 2006 08:15 PM
Some Guy I propose this thread be renamed the Booty thread!
13th December 2006 08:25 PM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Not curious in slightest, especially since you said it, then never named anyone.

And while I'm not the sharpest banana in the drawer, if the contradiction was clear, I most likely would see it, which I don't at all.

Hitchens would have no trouble spotting this contradiction.
13th December 2006 08:31 PM
mojoman
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I propose this thread be renamed the Booty thread!

lets combine a booty and favorite booze thread
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)