ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

With the legendary Bill Graham aka Wolfgang Grajonca (check his Vaults before it's too late!)
Live Aid Benefit Concert - Philadelphia, PA July 13, 1985
© Unknown Author (Thanks anyway)
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hitchens on Coulter (all Bush Geek content) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
11th December 2006 05:48 AM
sirmoonie My man Hitchens chases down a sociopath with his usual verbal finesse (sociopathy is very rare in a woman, but it does happen - see, e.g., Telecaster).

http://www.theliberal.co.uk/hitchens.htm

Here are my favs:

"It is remarkable to find so much intellectual and syntactical chaos in an assertion that contains no more than fifteen words."

".....shows her in a low-cut black dress with a prominent crucifix dangling over a modest cleavage. The needs of showbiz notwithstanding, I cannot fathom the reason for this slight come-hitherishness. Miss Coulter is not married and ought therefore, by her own loudly-proclaimed standards, to be a virgin and to remain so until further notice."

"Here is another instance of the sheer incoherence that results from a mixture of feigned rage and low sarcasm:....."

"(does Coulter really want me to name all the Jews who serve on President Bush’s foreign-policy team?)"

============================
Ah hell, the whole thing is a fucking slap down of the incredible stupidity of Bush Geeks, who have done more to shame and dick up conservatism, if not America, with all of the idiocy so eloquently characterized above.

And one parting shot for you fools who are actually bored enough to read Coulter's predictable predictableness, dis ones for yins! Its nation time, Benji!

"Coulter, the super-patriot and flag-waver, is a true reactionary in that she yearns for the time when the keyword of her title, as in ‘Godless Communism’, was a mantra for the simple-minded. In a world where the true enemies of civilization are much, much more godly than the blonde goddess of the hard Right, Coulter is reduced to a blitzing of soft civilian targets – one redeemed only by its built-in tendency to fall so wide of the mark.
11th December 2006 02:33 PM
texile sometimes i love hitchens and sometimes he's a smug prick -
but when i agree with him, he's my hero......and anytime coulter is called on her crap,
all the better.
11th December 2006 02:53 PM
Joey

I see Impeachment Rallies across the nation next spring / summer ......

....and you 's ?!

11th December 2006 03:07 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
texile wrote:
sometimes i love hitchens and sometimes he's a smug prick -
but when i agree with him, he's my hero......and anytime coulter is called on her crap,
all the better.

He is smug, and getting smugger, but still an incredible talent.

And he fucking blitzed her - nailed her drivel and the idiotic "tell me what I already want to be believe" dopes who "read" her - funniest thing Hitchens points out about that socio is that even from a pure English language point of view, if you go in there objectively, you have no idea what the hell she is fucking saying - which, of course, doesn't stop her fans - they already know what she is going to try to say, which is why the read it in the first place...... da da, da da, da da.......
11th December 2006 04:17 PM
texile i recently bought a book denouncing coulter....
she's a piece of work - absolutely vicious.
i love hitchens' nastiness and disdain when i agree with him.....
he's found the perfect target for his signature snarky, sharp and damning wit in coulter.
11th December 2006 06:32 PM
stonedinaustralia thanks for the fix sirm
11th December 2006 07:36 PM
mojoman ann drank the kool-aid at grateful dead concerts
11th December 2006 08:27 PM
pdog Ann does alot of ass to mouth.
11th December 2006 08:47 PM
gypsy I wish Hitchens would post here.
11th December 2006 08:52 PM
Brainbell Jangler Isn't there someone on this board who likes to label those of us who point out "the relationship between poor language and crude ideas" as "elitists"?
11th December 2006 09:23 PM
Riffhard Meanwhile back in the real world........

Kofi Annan rips USA in his farewell address.

How would Hitchens respond to this,I wonder?

I mean this is the same Kofi Annan who headed the UN,and did absolutley nothing,during the Rawanda genocide,the UN sexual scandals (read-UN Troops raping women and children) throughout Africa,the clusterfuck in Seirra Leone,the mess in Dafur,the UN atrocities inside Haiti,the largest scandal in mankind's history with the corrupt Oil-For-Food(Security Council Votes-),this asswipe has the unmitigated gall to bash the one country in the world that keeps that useless piece of shit organization afloat!? Fuck Kofi Annan and the corrupt UN. The USA pays more than one quarter of all funding for this useless tits-on-a-bull joke of America bashers.

Goodbye,and good riddance Kofi! You corrupt lying sack of shit!

Riffy

PS-I could give two shits what Hitchens has to say about Ann Coulter! I only read her to laugh out loud. That and the fact that she drives liberals nuts by out selling every lib writer by huge fucking margins with every book she writes. If I want some intellectual reading about the sheer idiocy of liberalism I tend to read Charles Krauthammer anyway. Coulter's just for shits and giggles. The Hammer puts the idiots in their place every time,and without the sarcasm. He just uses facts and history to destroy their typical lame assed bullshit arguments. I doubt that Hitchens would ever dream of taking on Krauthammer. Krauthammer would mop the floor with ol' Chris.
11th December 2006 11:39 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Meanwhile back in the real world........

Kofi Annan rips USA in his farewell address.

How would Hitchens respond to this,I wonder?

He would probably echo your sentiments but without exaggerating.

quote:
PS-I could give two shits what Hitchens has to say about Ann Coulter! I only read her to laugh out loud. That and the fact that she drives liberals nuts by out selling every lib writer by huge fucking margins with every book she writes. If I want some intellectual reading about the sheer idiocy of liberalism I tend to read Charles Krauthammer anyway. Coulter's just for shits and giggles. The Hammer puts the idiots in their place every time,and without the sarcasm. He just uses facts and history to destroy their typical lame assed bullshit arguments. I doubt that Hitchens would ever dream of taking on Krauthammer. Krauthammer would mop the floor with ol' Chris.

You should care what Hitchens says about Coulter, as its important, at least tangentially, to the stuff I think you like, although I'm not always sure what that is.

And I really doubt that Krauthammer-Hitchens showdown goes the way you say, especially since they probably agree on a lot of things.
12th December 2006 12:00 AM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

He would probably echo your sentiments but without exaggerating.

You should care what Hitchens says about Coulter, as its important, at least tangentially, to the stuff I think you like, although I'm not always sure what that is.

And I really doubt that Krauthammer-Hitchens showdown goes the way you say, especially since they probably agree on a lot of things.

Why should I care what Hitchens says about Coulter? The only people that get their shorts in a twist about Coulter are the morons that take her seriously! That,by the way,is more often than not the very liberals that she is trying to piss off in the first place! When idiots like Stewart Smalley do it libs say that he is "speaking truth to power!" Whatever the fuck that means! Coulter is a ball buster. Most people with a brain understand that. Most that don't are liberals.

As for Hitchens vs The Hammer. You may be right about them agreeing on certain issues,but I'd still love to see him try and take Krauthammer on. Just to watch his smug ass get destroyed. Krauthammer no doubt agrees with much of what Coulter says as well. He just wouldn't say it in such smartass sarcastic way. Her smartass take-no-prisonors rhetoric is why she is so despised by the left. I more often than not find myself rolling my eyes at much of whet she says,but I also think that she nails it on the head at times.

Getting back to the UN. Fuck Kofi Annan! Time to boot this useless joke out of the USA. Let someone else foot the bill for these fucktards!

Riffy

12th December 2006 12:06 AM
Riffhard By the way WTF are you talking about when you say exaggerating?! You think I'm exaggerating?! Are you completly nuts moonie?! Shit man if anything I was too kind to fuckhat Kofi!! I could give plety of examples of his abject failure as a leader,and shitloads of evidence of his(and his son's)blatant corruption. Good god man! The guy,and the UN,is a fucking complete and utter joke! No exaggeration neeeded there. It's true.

Riffy
12th December 2006 12:12 AM
pdog I hung out with Jello Biafra last night...
12th December 2006 12:17 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Why should I care what Hitchens says about Coulter?

I'm not going to tell you - I want you to figure out why its relatively important what Hitchens says about Coulter - think large, Riffhard. Think large!

I think you overestimate her influence too. Its a preaching to the choir type deal sitch. Those seldom attract adherents that weren't already pre-bent around the axle in the first place. Hitchens, on the other hand, provokes critical thought, which usually grows and accomplishes even in dim bulb days like the present one in America.
12th December 2006 12:20 AM
Starbuck the thing i don't understand, riffy, is why on the one hand you and the bush geeks constantly trash the UN, calling the most corrupt useless body in the world, but then use it in your arguments for war. "how many UN resolutions did saddam trample on" etc etc etc came out of the bushie camp as they made the case for war.

its either or, not both, says I.
12th December 2006 12:30 AM
Riffhard
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I'm not going to tell you - I want you to figure out why its relatively important what Hitchens says about Coulter - think large, Riffhard. Think large!

I think you overestimate her influence too. Its a preaching to the choir type deal sitch. Those seldom attract adherents that weren't already pre-bent around the axle in the first place. Hitchens, on the other hand, provokes critical thought, which usually grows and accomplishes even in dim bulb days like the present one in America.

I need not think large moonie! I made it rather clear that I think Coulter is all about "schtick". I know that she is not about promoting any kind of "critical thought"! She's a ballbuster plain and simple. I also don't overestimate her influence at all. The only reason that I admire Ann is for her ability to absolutely piss off liberals at every turn. There's no overestimating that fact. Anyone that pisses off the morons over at DU ain't all that bad in my book. I don't think Coulter would ever argue the fact that she's trying to be a "critical thought" provoker! She'd prolly just laugh at the thought. She's out for one thing and one thing only. To piss off liberals that don't get the joke! Hell many of her friends are libs! They know her and openly talk about how gullible the far left kooks are. She just fans the flames because it sell her shitloads of books,and gets het TV bookings.

Riffy
12th December 2006 12:32 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
the thing i don't understand, riffy, is why on the one hand you and the bush geeks constantly trash the UN, calling the most corrupt useless body in the world, but then use it in your arguments for war. "how many UN resolutions did saddam trample on" etc etc etc came out of the bushie camp as they made the case for war.

See, I have a theory on that StarslowSpud.

George Walker Bush III is actually not a Bush Geek. Yes, ironicalism. He's not intelligent enough to make nominal sense of the words he tries to speak, consequently he isn't not incapable of disagreeing with himself when he says he doesn't care whether bin Laden get away, things of that nature, etc. Kind of like an intermodal retro-inversion scheme. Very, very, strange.
12th December 2006 12:33 AM
Taptrick
Neither one is the talk at my water cooler. In fact, I find that most people aren't even aware of the headlines.

12th December 2006 12:36 AM
Starbuck
12th December 2006 12:36 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
the thing i don't understand, riffy, is why on the one hand you and the bush geeks constantly trash the UN, calling the most corrupt useless body in the world, but then use it in your arguments for war. "how many UN resolutions did saddam trample on" etc etc etc came out of the bushie camp as they made the case for war.

The two actually are in complete agreement Bucky! The very fact that the useless UN would sit around for a full fourteen months and pass resolution after resolution against Iraq(this after an earlier 16 UN Security Council Resolutions dating back ten years,btw),and then refuse to enforce any of the very resolutions that they insisted on only points out the utter toothlessness of the limpwristed limpdick UN,and it's corrupt leader Kofi Annan! Finally Bolton gets in there and starts calling them on this shit,and the Dems refuse to give him the nod! So again we kowtow to a bunch of America hating asshats while at the same time we finacially keep them afloat with American dollars! Seems rather fucked to me!

Riffy
12th December 2006 12:38 AM
Starbuck
12th December 2006 12:41 AM
gypsy Did someone say Bush geek?

12th December 2006 12:45 AM
Altamont
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Did someone say Bush geek?

who's the yellow shirt guy?
12th December 2006 12:48 AM
Starbuck riffy i think you have it backwards. you can't say "let's go to war because saddam never listens to the UN" and then say "the UN is nothing but a bunch of limpdick hooligans who never get anything done!"

personally, i agree - the UN has no teeth whatsoever, and never will - but you can't use it as a reason to invade another country. 'sall i'm sayin'. i don't get it.

on the other hand, i don't get this either:
12th December 2006 12:49 AM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:
I hung out with Jello Biafra last night...

Where were you? Copyright court?
12th December 2006 12:57 AM
Poplar
Hitchens is in the top five of my "people i'd like to drink with."

He's so clearly buzzed sometimes on TV - and elegantly so. That faint sweat on his forhead, and the bemused stammer that is still sharper and more cutting than anything else anyone could hope to muster. He is a fucking gem of a talking head, and a stunning writer.
12th December 2006 02:47 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Altamont wrote:

who's the yellow shirt guy?

You mean, where did he fucking steal the yellow shirt, right?

Quick, quick, quick, someone e-mail him real quick and the like and suchism, and ask the boy where he stole that yellow shirt.

Maybe we can all get one just like it?
12th December 2006 02:55 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Hitchens is in the top five of my "people i'd like to drink with."

He's so clearly buzzed sometimes on TV - and elegantly so. That faint sweat on his forhead, and the bemused stammer that is still sharper and more cutting than anything else anyone could hope to muster. He is a fucking gem of a talking head, and a stunning writer.

Yeah, the guy is fascinating with the career he fearlessly dove into, and the writing just fucking kills me. And it goes on - years and years and years, resourceful, creative, accurate, concise, insightful as he was the day before, as if he never woke up drunk in his life.

I hope he can keep it up, there was a New Yorker article on him recently "He Was Right" (Riffy should read it - he really should) - great read, he's boozing hardcore, but justifies it as some kind of artistic license - famous last words - words at a minimum for maximum effect, but he's getting to the other side quicker than most.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)