ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones Bit Torrent Thread (Vol. 11) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
11th October 2006 10:19 AM
bmurphy73 I'm having problems burning the 10 Spot dvd. I'm getting an error saying that the IFO file...does not match the VOB file. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to burn? Thanks in advance.
11th October 2006 11:12 AM
Jack of Hearts Do we think Wichita might get up here some time? I get the impression it was the best gig so far on this leg.
11th October 2006 11:28 AM
De Meeuw
quote:
bmurphy73 wrote:
I'm having problems burning the 10 Spot dvd. I'm getting an error saying that the IFO file...does not match the VOB file. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to burn? Thanks in advance.

I have the same problem, i burn with Shrink & Nero
But if you burn the file complete in a VIDEO-TS file is it ok,
11th October 2006 11:40 AM
jpenn11
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The guy never came through with it despite promising he'd sent it twice.

Thanks for the info
11th October 2006 12:05 PM
marko Today i have received cardiff from Gazza,however,it goes
to weekend before i can upload it.
I will remaster it tomorrow,that takes few hours,then i must check the remastered version,before iīll start seeding
it.
Buy youīll get it soon enough.

But,no answer yet,Whats the quality of New York-81?
11th October 2006 12:45 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
marko wrote:
Today i have received cardiff from Gazza,however,it goes
to weekend before i can upload it.
I will remaster it tomorrow,that takes few hours,then i must check the remastered version,before iīll start seeding
it.
Buy youīll get it soon enough.

Thanks for the info Marko and for whatever you will be doing when remastering but may I be curious? why does it need remastering?

Be warned - I'll up Halifax tonite (as I wrote somewhere above) without any remastering - no matter how good or bad it is (still haven't heard it) ;-)

cheers
silkcut
11th October 2006 02:27 PM
axl79
quote:
marko wrote:

Marko,
According to the uploader (MRD8) it's 7/10.
I'm listen to it now and I agree to the rate.
I usually use an equilizer to adjust the low/high freq response.
11th October 2006 04:18 PM
axl79
quote:
_KEEF_ wrote:

is an audience or pro shot dvd?
Thanks in advance

Rolling Stones MSG January 16, 1998 DVD

Seems to be a plenty of cam (three ?) audience.
Definitly audience.
Nice one. Thanks MRD8.
11th October 2006 04:25 PM
marko The remastering i do is analog way.Sound usually gets lot
better,but ofcourse that is up to original recording....
All european shows this year was actually bad quality,i didnīt get them much better......
This is the way i do remastering

CDR-Nakamichi tapedeck(to balance channels)-Harman&Kardon
20channel equalizer(20 for left/right 40 alltogether)---
Philipps standalone burner,twindeck model.
Allways 1=1 speed.

No computer on remastering,beacause ANY of PC speakers canīt give justice for music,and all the cheapo loudspeakers sounds fake.
Let me put it this way,to me it must sound like band plays
in the same room where i am.
11th October 2006 05:30 PM
heymjm
quote:
marko wrote:

What an excellent quality standard. I wish all remasters adopted it.
11th October 2006 05:45 PM
axl79
quote:
marko wrote:
The remastering i do is analog way.Sound usually gets lot
better,but ofcourse that is up to original recording....
All european shows this year was actually bad quality,i didnīt get them much better......
This is the way i do remastering

CDR-Nakamichi tapedeck(to balance channels)-Harman&Kardon
20channel equalizer(20 for left/right 40 alltogether)---
Philipps standalone burner,twindeck model.
Allways 1=1 speed.

No computer on remastering,beacause ANY of PC speakers canīt give justice for music,and all the cheapo loudspeakers sounds fake.

I don't know but, what sound good in your room may sound shit in mine.
I mean , you are compensating for your room acustic , your speakers and your ears. I havn't none of them....

11th October 2006 07:52 PM
silkcut1978
quote:
axl79 wrote:

I don't know but, what sound good in your room may sound shit in mine.
I mean , you are compensating for your room acustic , your speakers and your ears. I havn't none of them....

more than that what's good for your ears might be sh*t for mine - it's always a matter of taste.

Anyway, I'll be lucky enough whenever Marko will up Cardiff - thanks a lot in advance! :-)

cheers
silkcut

btw: I just came home with Halifax and it's nearly 2 in the morning and I have 4 hours left to sleep. please excuse that I promised it for "today" and give me another 24 hours to put it up. much bass on this recording but all in all not too bad - IMHO worth a dl.
11th October 2006 11:46 PM
travelinman On the tracker:

Mick Taylor Band
The Senator - Live in Chico, Ca 6 August 2001. audience 7-8
cd1
Secret Affair, Twisted Sister, Late at Night, Losing My Faith, Goin South, You Gotta Move.
cd2
You Shook Me, Boogie Man, Can't You Hear Me Knocking.

Plus fm broadcast on cd2 tracks 4-6
Mick Taylor, Slow Blues, Little Red Rooster, You Gotta Move 4/17/97 BBC Radio One. With Paul Jones
12th October 2006 02:18 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
travelinman wrote:
On the tracker:

Mick Taylor Band
The Senator - Live in Chico, Ca 6 August 2001. audience 7-8

Thank you very much !!!

I uploaded 4 torrents on DaD if anyone is interested:

Mick Taylor - 2003-10-10 - Abbeville, France - Excellent Audience
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=116287

Mick Taylor - New Morning Club - 1996-04-25 - Excellent Audience
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=116023

Mick Taylor - Live In 100 Club, London, England, August 28, 2003
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=115788

Mick Taylor/Eric Clapton - 1990-10-03 - Montevideo Blues Vol. 1 - Soundboard
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=115581

Regards,
Gonzalo
12th October 2006 02:37 AM
marko I can cut BASS OFF easily.
But it is true,you canīt get exactly same sound what i can.
But,you would notice the difference anyways.
I have very good "music" room,which is our living room.
This house was done in 1938,and its all wood,which actually
sucks all the surrounding sounds,no echos at all.perfect room to listen music,or watch movies.
Sometimes iīm late on marking songs.....but i donīt know
how that would affect on uploading shows,except songs starts then from wrong place,this usually happens when iīm
kitchen getting coffee..
So far no fuck ups on Cardiff.
And to be honest,we have VERY expensive equipments,stereos,
dolby digital with 850watts subfoower.I it use only for movies.
12th October 2006 02:57 AM
James Burton I recorded the Cardiff show, it was my first attempt at recording the Stones. I just gave Gazza CD transfers from my original MD recordings without 'tampering' with the sound as I just don't have the know-how to attempt any remastering.
To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the recording itself, considering my proximity to the speaker stack. Very loud and clear sound coming from the left stack and the recording is a bit dull in comparison. Although it was only recorded with a 'bog standard' stereo condenser mic so you can't expect miracles I suppose.

So Marko, anything you can do to improve the sound on this one would be great and I am really looking forward to hearing the results!!
12th October 2006 03:06 AM
gonzalo76
quote:
marko wrote:
..... And to be honest,we have VERY expensive equipments, stereos, dolby digital with 850watts subfoower. I it use only for movies.

Are you talking about 850 watts RMS (Root Mean Square) or PMPO Peak Momentary Power Output?
12th October 2006 05:10 AM
marko YES,but thats the subwwoofer,i donīt use it for music.
12th October 2006 05:34 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
marko wrote:
I can cut BASS OFF easily.

It seems you're really going a hard way to get the best out of a recording and I thank you for all the hard work you'll be doing and you've already done.

But have you ever thought about makin' it a bit easier? Just a suggestion - I understand that you try to get the best sound on your HiFi using an Equalizer and your tape-deck but once you have the final parameters for the most perfect sound you could easily switch to the PC, rip the discs (as one big wave-file) use Adobe and use
a) the normalize-function - seperately for both channels to get a perfect balance
b) the equalizing-function - you could now make the adjustments which you fixed on your stand-alone EQ with a few mouse-clicks.
In the end you should have the same result on your HD and after Adobe finished the job you set the track-marks whenever you have time for it, before or after the kitchen-break;-)
The benefits: you drop a few meters of cable with more or less resistance, you won't use the D/A-converters for 2 times (CD to EQ, tape-deck to stand-alone burner) which usually doesn't make things better and you save time.

anyway, my experience is that its better not to convert between digital and analog if it's not necessary.

btw - as you I think there's no speaker-system for PCs which comes any close to good and expensive speakers on the HiFi BUT I have cheap 20$ speakers on my PC which I hardly ever use because my PC is connected to my iPod mixing-desc and the mixing-desc is connected to my HiFi. So whenever I want to listen to music which I haven't burned before I play the music on my PC with foobar using an more or less expensive sound-card and listen to the result on my $$$$$HiFi-speakers. So what I want to say - sure, forget sound-systems for the PC but there's always a way to build up a media-center with a PC. Sometimes I also use my xBox (but mainly for MP3s - shame on me...;-) which is connected to my network as well and take the music from a HD, display the artwork and album/title-informations on my TV-screen and listen to the music again on my HiFi as my xBox is connected to the TV AND the HiFi as well.

-----------

And to make one thing sure before some sweethearts are getting into defense-position: this is only MY point of few - wrong or right - I know Marko personally as we spent a few hours together in Stuttgart 1999 and met in Circus Krone in 2003 and I appreciate that he's investing time and takes care to make things better!

cheers
silkcut
12th October 2006 05:38 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
James Burton wrote:
I recorded the Cardiff show...to be honest, I was a little disappointed with the recording itself

To be honest - I'm glad that guys like you care to tape a show as any "far from excellent" recording is way better than NO recording at all.

THANK YOU!
12th October 2006 06:09 AM
marko Shite,is that you Armin?
LOL i still work the OLD way,will allways do,but remastering is very easy for me,iīve been doing that over
10years now......its in my backbone.
Only problem with mastering is,that,it takes bloody longtime.
12th October 2006 06:15 AM
marko Oh,guys one hint,what i use IF i record a show.As we know
stones been using the b-stage almost 10years now.
So,if you know that youīre going to record a show,buy an
expensive Microphone,on this you should actually invest more than on the MD or DAT.
Then,choose your recording place WELL,best place is BEHIND
b-stage,in the middle,thats where you everything.
Far back it gets distant,on the side,it usually Bassy,because of the possible roof,and recording from the
sides,it is usually too much bass.
front of the stage,not good either,its ok and better choice
than sides,music comes TOO front,and usually way too loud.
This is when the "overload" recording happens.

as for remastering,i try to keep it very simple,because
thats what music is.
12th October 2006 06:27 AM
silkcut1978
quote:
marko wrote:
Shite,is that you Armin?
LOL i still work the OLD way,will allways do,but remastering is very easy for me,iīve been doing that over
10years now......its in my backbone.
Only problem with mastering is,that,it takes bloody longtime.

NO, good Lord - it's me, Thomas! Armin is still doing it the VERY OLD way - that means that I'm burning everything I'm uploading and downloading for him on CDr but on the other hand he's still taping gigs and we drove to every gig with his fathers car;-)

silk
12th October 2006 06:31 AM
marko yer grazy!I did record last year Hershey&Washington.
Maybe next summer more,because,as we know,this summer was
a disaster.
Iīve been more to Neil Young stuff lately.
12th October 2006 06:38 AM
Pauli No more talk about remastering "mumbo jumbo". I wanna hear Cardiff. Hurry up, Marko! I can't wait.

But seriously: thanks in advance
12th October 2006 08:10 AM
jholcomb Thanks for the Mick T uploads!!!

Can anyone hop on the Europe DVD torrent to speed it up?

Thanks!
12th October 2006 08:58 AM
marko cardiff appears soon!
12th October 2006 10:55 AM
marko Finally new on the tracker

Cardiff 29.8.2006

Gazzas CDR-Nakamichi tapedeck-Hamrman&Kardon 20channel equalizer-
Philipps standalone burner(twin deck),1=1 speed----EAC----Flac---YOU

Cd 1
1 jumping jack flash
2 itīs only rīr
3 oh no not you again
4 Letīs spend the night together
5 live with me
6 streets of love
7 midnight rambler
8 tumbling dice
9 introductions
10 slipping away
11 before they make me run

Cd 2
1 miss you
2 rough justice
3 start me up
4 honky tonk women
5 sympathy for the devil
6 paint it black
7 brown sugar
8 you canīt allways get what you want
9 satisfaction

no artwork
12th October 2006 12:50 PM
ralphgr
quote:
marko wrote:
Finally new on the tracker

Cardiff 29.8.2006

Gazzas CDR-Nakamichi tapedeck-Hamrman&Kardon 20channel equalizer-
Philipps standalone burner(twin deck),1=1 speed----EAC----Flac---YOU

Cd 1
1 jumping jack flash
2 itīs only rīr
3 oh no not you again
4 Letīs spend the night together
5 live with me
6 streets of love
7 midnight rambler
8 tumbling dice
9 introductions
10 slipping away
11 before they make me run

Cd 2
1 miss you
2 rough justice
3 start me up
4 honky tonk women
5 sympathy for the devil
6 paint it black
7 brown sugar
8 you canīt allways get what you want
9 satisfaction

no artwork

Thanks for this,much appreciated.I`ve made some cover art but I don`t know how to post it.Help needed please
12th October 2006 01:20 PM
Straycat87 Thanks a lot ! Reports, pics, torrents : You're the ONES !
A beer (why "one" ?)waits for you in my fridge ! If you travel in France, you're welcome !!! (and the Limousin, - Limoges area - rules !)
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)