ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th September 2006 02:43 AM
SweetVirginia

28th September 2006 02:46 AM
Jakeb206 "Wide open"?
Was is a full house?
28th September 2006 03:40 AM
FotiniD Awesome pics Sweet Virginia, just awesome.
And another great, great setlist. I'm sure you had a great time!

Is there anything those guys don't do when we ask them these days?
28th September 2006 06:27 AM
Nellcote Great photos SV, thanks!
28th September 2006 06:33 AM
LadyJane Thanks for all the messages SV.
Sounds like an awesome night.

LJ.
28th September 2006 06:59 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for the great photos, SV!!
28th September 2006 07:12 AM
Gazza thanks for the photos and reports

One question - when the Stones play New York, Mick usually makes some comment about playing there, one of the more memorable ones being when they did the HBO show and he made the "I dont think so" retort to critics who suggested it might be their final NY concert. Did he say or indicate anything last night that suggested they may/may not return?
28th September 2006 07:23 AM
SweetVirginia
At the end he said, "See you in ________". I didn't understand what he said, and my friend thought he said "Vegas". Maybe someone else heard him.

I was hoping he'd say, "See you at MSG!"

28th September 2006 07:41 AM
Gazza maybe it was see you at the Beacon to those in the hot seats!

have you seen the prices for that gig? They start at $60,000!!!!
28th September 2006 07:44 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl F&%$%uck SweetVirginia what a great bunch pf pix, unfortuntately can't dare to replace our current header but later we'll have some great stuff to use, glad you made it!
28th September 2006 07:55 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Gazza wrote:

WHAT??? 60k

You've GOT to be kidding me.

LJ.
28th September 2006 07:59 AM
Nellcote But of course, look whom it benefits?
28th September 2006 08:11 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
F&%$%uck SweetVirginia what a great bunch pf pix, unfortuntately can't dare to replace our current header but later we'll have some great stuff to use, glad you made it!

No..the header we have should stay. You can use mine another time.

SV
28th September 2006 08:12 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
maybe it was see you at the Beacon to those in the hot seats!

Bubba is a whore.

28th September 2006 08:19 AM
SweetVirginia I owe you all a review...and will do it later.
I will say Keith seemed about 10 years younger
than he did at Foxboro, thank God.

28th September 2006 08:25 AM
FotiniD
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I owe you all a review...and will do it later.

Amen SV! That should do it with all the whiners happily joining the Keith bashing wagon again

Will be waiting for your review
28th September 2006 08:26 AM
Madafaka Excellent pix SweetVirginia, thank you so much for sharing them!
And thank you for all those msgs to LJ last night too!
28th September 2006 08:46 AM
playguitar
The Stones were unbeleivably good.
IORR . What a great opener. Its the only band in the world that just hits the ground running from Keith's first slashes.
Rumours of Keith's demise are greatly exaggerated. True, he goes "walkabout" ala Evonne Goolagong now and again, but thats where that loose Stones sound originates, and yesterday they were on fire.
Start me up on the B stage was incredible. Truly the greatest Rock & Roll band in the world. Tight rhythm section with Charlie and Daryl just in the pocket, ivories tinkling {ala Nicky Hopkins/Stew}Good job Chuck.Jangly guitars. Jagger struttin and preenin. Oh Yeah!!!
Thank you Stonesdoug and all the Shidoobee people for your hospitality. A great bunch of friendly Stones fans. And the food was great!!
28th September 2006 09:39 AM
throbby After Satisfaction Mick said as he walked off stage, "Goodnight everybody, see you at the Beacon".
28th September 2006 10:13 AM
crb69 The show was good...Sway & Monkey seemed rushed a bit; no Lisa solo?. Rambler was good along with Under my Thumb and satisfaction had a real dirty sound to the riff. I could have done without Streets of Love; it seemed out of place. Last year's gig @ Giants was much better with a lot more energy...The strain on Keith clearly showed last night as people have been saying...He still rocked the place though. If you couldn't make it don't feel bad, I've seen better shows by far.
28th September 2006 10:35 AM
Bitch Rolling Stones concert at Giants Stadium rocked the house! It looked almost full by showtime, the box office had a line outside for hours and the firesale tickets were gone, so I think it was close to sold out. I met a bunch of fan friends at the Shidoobee tailgate, it was very cool. Stones people are the best people, has been my motto for years and it's so cool to see faces from Argentina and Europe who travelled far and wide, I liked meeting them (esp the men)! LOL...
28th September 2006 10:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

WHAT??? 60k

You've GOT to be kidding me.

LJ.

Nope...shall I put you down for a pair???

heres the piece from the Washington Post, thanks to UrbanSteel on IORR.

Stones to play at Bill Clinton's birthday bash
The Washington Post

September 28, 2006

WASHINGTON - Baby boomer and former President Bill Clinton is making plans to celebrate his 60th birthday in grand style with a charitable fundraising extravaganza in New York late next month that will include an invitation-only concert by the Rolling Stones and contributor packages that run to $500,000 and higher.

Clinton's daughter, Chelsea, who has generally avoided high-profile participation in her parents' political and philanthropic activities, is serving as co-host of the three-day party. She will host a Saturday brunch on a weekend that also features a golf tournament at the Bayonne, N.J., Golf Club, multiple receptions and a dinner at the American Museum of Natural History with the former president, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (D-N.Y.), and Chelsea.

"My mother and I are planning a weekend of events to commemorate his 60th birthday," Chelsea Clinton writes in the invitation. "I know that he would want you to share this milestone - so I hope you can join us in New York City this October 27th through the 29th."

The 2,100 invitations began arriving this week. Weekend packages start at $60,000 (Hint: $1,000 for every year of Clinton's age). Next is the "Vice Chair Package," for those who contribute $100,000 or raise $250,000. Those who pledge $500,000 or more will receive the "Birthday Chair Package," which includes the "Backstage Pass" dinner and photo with Clinton and platinum seating at the Saturday dinner and the Stones concert.

The Rolling Stones will perform at the Beacon Theater, an Art Deco landmark on upper Broadway that seats about 3,000 people. According to the invitation, the concert will be taped for an upcoming Martin Scorsese movie about the band. Organizers of the event would not say whether the Stones will be paid for their appearance.

Space in the theater is expected to be at a premium, and members of the extended Clinton network who may not be able to afford the hefty price of admission for the weekend events already are maneuvering to find a way into the concert. "It's a birthday party," Clinton spokesman Jay Carson said yesterday. "It's the New York birthday celebration for President Clinton."

Clinton turned 60 last month but organizers delayed the birthday fundraising event until late next month to avoid any complaints from other Democrats that solicitation of money for the former president's foundation would soak up money that could otherwise be used to try to win back the House and Senate in November.

The proceeds will go to the William J. Clinton Foundation, the umbrella organization that oversees the Clinton HIV-AIDS initiative, the Clinton Global Initiative and several other programs launched by the former president since leaving office almost six years ago

$60,000 to $500,000 a ticket. Rock 'n' roll, eh?

28th September 2006 10:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
throbby wrote:
After Satisfaction Mick said as he walked off stage, "Goodnight everybody, see you at the Beacon".

LOLOL...and then he whispered under his breath "if youve got a spare $60,000 lying around..."
28th September 2006 10:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I owe you all a review...and will do it later.

Glad to hear it, as Ive seen a few reviews that say otherwise.
28th September 2006 10:52 AM
throbby Gazza wrote:
LOLOL...and then he whispered under his breath "if youve got a spare $60,000 lying around..."

Good ol' Mick, always the tease.
28th September 2006 10:55 AM
throbby Keith was definitely higher in the mix and IMO put on a much more animated performance than he did at Gillette. He even had a little of the old swagger during Sympathy.
28th September 2006 10:59 AM
LadyJane 60 to 500k a ticket?????

Kinda sickening, no??

LJ.
28th September 2006 11:06 AM
Nellcote Bad turf to be walking on Joey.
I am ready to "hunt bear" with the Philander In Chief, but refuse to pollute this thread with political garbage..
28th September 2006 11:17 AM
Nellcote Percy had a man of steel moment, WICKED PISSA!!
28th September 2006 11:25 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
60 to 500k a ticket?????

Kinda sickening, no??

LJ.

"Kinda"? LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)