ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th September 2006 05:52 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Thank God we will all be together for support.

In all likelihood it will be MY last show.

2006...the year of goodbyes. Very difficult goodbyes.

tearfully,
LJ.

All the more reason to have all us "lovable delinquents" around to wrap our coats around ya, baby.
28th September 2006 06:19 PM
TomL Meg, Voo and Fucker- I did piss during SOL. I thought of you and MEG as I was, well nevermind. But I heard it was great. I'll catch it in Chicago cause Meg won't let me go. What a great show with some great suprises. Not knowing the operner was great. MM was awesone, FAE, chills,
YGTS and T & A awesome again. Although it does get leary to see Kieth without a guitar. What a great tail gate, 300 plus. Hats off to cold italian pizza and lemmon squzeer. Spent the night before in Philly and had a blast with some cool people. If you ever get the chance to see the cover band Hot Rocks, please do so. Thanks CC. JMI was also awesome. I was very leary but the boys proved me wrong again. Look out Chicago and AC. AC may be a PPV. I hope not cause that will mean horses. Under My thumb was a blessing to hear, and contrair to the Boston report, sounded realy good.

Got to the parking lot at 12:30 ready to roll. It was so nice to see everyone, miss factorygirl, been since little rock. Sorry if I got your mom drunk. Words won't do justice to the whole thing. Go while you can, and most important, go while they are still playing.

Giants was a breath of fresh air and thanks DaStones. Pleasure sitting with ya.

Go enyoy (think of paris hiltons pee pee) and think more good than bad. They are still rocking, Mick was awesome, Ronnie Rocked, well Charlie rocked as always, and Keith was Kieth. Sorry Mick was on fire.

Get the vodka ready in Chicago fucker.............

The ship is coming, and we will be in for a great show.

I drank in Philly on Tuesday night at the birth place of Larry Fine, thought you would want to know that Joey.

Well you know what kinda of eyes she got................
28th September 2006 06:22 PM
pdog I wonder if the can pull of a different opener for every show?
28th September 2006 06:23 PM
TomL Thats what I am hoping for.
28th September 2006 06:35 PM
pdog
quote:
TomL wrote:
Thats what I am hoping for.

Are you gonna be in AC?
I'm so excited I'm typing by smashing Joeys kitten into my keyboard!
28th September 2006 06:41 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Surely it will be MSG 4 days later (fingers crossed).

YES! Let's hope for this.
28th September 2006 06:41 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

tearfully,
LJ.

Aw, LJ, I didn't mean to make you sad. Maybe Europe next year?
28th September 2006 09:02 PM
taz22 .
[Edited by taz22]
28th September 2006 10:21 PM
The_Worst "According to the invitation, the concert will be taped for an upcoming Martin Scorsese movie about the band"

Is this true? This is the first I've heard of this!!!
28th September 2006 10:24 PM
Lazy Bones thanks everyone for your pictures and reviews...sweet virgina, tom, riffy, bitch, gottorollme...

great to read about these rare gems!

the show, btw, is on dime -
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=114307
[Edited by Lazy Bones]
29th September 2006 12:07 AM
GotToRollMe Live Review: The Rolling Stones and Kanye West at Giants Stadium
The Stones bring the rock, West brings the roll on New Jersey pit stop
by David Fricke

It's official: Keith Richards is indestructible. When it was time for his traditional two-song spotlight at the Rolling Stones' September 27th concert at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey, Richards acknowledged the crowd's chanting -- "Keith! Keith!" -- with a deep bow and his even deeper growl: "Well, I made it," he said, pausing. "I said I would."

Richards then bypassed the recent ballads that are his usual feature for a bare, beautiful rendering of "You Got the Silver" from Let It Bleed, the first half of it nothing more than Ron Wood's roadhouse skid on acoustic bottleneck guitar and the strong, clear gratitude in Richards' voice: "You fill my cup, babe, that's for sure/I must come back for a little more." He was in more familiar form in the next song, Tattoo You's "Little T & A" -- firing irregular bursts of Chuck Berry licks on his guitar, rumbling through the lyrics' cheerful nonsense with the grin of a man who thinks falling out of palm trees and brain surgery are just bumps on a road that never ends.

The show was the Stones' third pass through this neighborhood in the last year, and the first half of the set list was a welcome change-up. Wood delivered clean-shriek slide breaks back-to-back on "Monkey Man" and the Exile on Main Street gem "Sway." He also showed off his sweet-country pedal-steel touch in the Some Girls ballad "Far Away Eyes" while Jagger turned up the impassioned-hayseed factor with his sing-song vocal.

Lift-off was not immediate. Richards' and Wood's criss-cross riffing in the opening songs, "It's Only Rock and Roll" and "Live With Me," was muddy and hesitant. Richards did little of his dancing-pirate posing, instead bending over his guitar in concentration. But he played a simple, piercing Telecaster break in the Temptations' cover, "Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)," and the Stones felt confident enough in their combined strength to go long in "Midnight Rambler." Jagger blew agitated blues harp (something he never does enough of on stage or record), Charlie Watts showed off the jazz in his calm precision -- dancing at high speed on his cymbals and hi-hat -- and Wood and Richards stood together in front of Watts' kit, watching each other's hands as they traded phrases in heated treble.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/11894029/live_review_the_rolling_stones_kanye_west_rock_giants_stadium?source=music_news_rssfeed
29th September 2006 12:14 AM
Riffhard LOL! Very funny that David Fricke would call Sway an "Exile On Main Street gem"! Uh earth to David,Sway is from Sticky Fingers!

Riffy
29th September 2006 12:26 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
LOL! Very funny that David Fricke would call Sway an "Exile On Main Street gem"! Uh earth to David,Sway is from Sticky Fingers!

Riffy

LOL! I knew it was just a matter of time before someone would notice that.
29th September 2006 01:20 AM
MidnightRambler Little T&A..it was 3:54mins at Giants. If you listen to it...it only should last about 1:30...the rest of the song is just "She's my little rock and roll.." repeated over and over....
29th September 2006 02:22 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

tearfully,
LJ.

Let me remind you we got a ROCC summit in Greece next summer and I'm not letting you sneak off
[Edited by FotiniD]
29th September 2006 06:42 AM
charlotte just listened to the boot...good job Ronald!!!!
29th September 2006 08:36 AM
marko Well,now listening the jersey show,i think its horrible.
Its much WORSE than i tought it would be.I still say,this
is the worst tour they ever done.I hope NOT to hear this
next summer.
29th September 2006 08:38 AM
marko I think keiths brains were left on the coconut tree.
29th September 2006 09:17 AM
charlotte oh I never make a judgment on a concert by the boot, I rate boots as what they are, I have been at concerts that blew me away and then listened to the various boots that sux...If I am there, I decide, if not, from the reviews of people I trust that were there.
29th September 2006 09:19 AM
Madafaka
quote:
charlotte wrote:
oh I never make a judgment on a concert by the boot, I rate boots as what they are, I have been at concerts that blew me away and then listened to the various boots that sux...If I am there, I decide, if not, from the reviews of people I trust that were there.

Totally agree!
29th September 2006 09:38 AM
throbby Extremely hard to capture the energy of a show in a recording. The recordings always pale. Quite a nice recording job by Taperadvocate though, very immediate but to my ears a little dry.
29th September 2006 09:40 AM
marko I donīt adree,actually bootlegs does tell you everything.
Like mathjis wrote a long time ago,even if the recording
is BAD or EX,band shines thru it,it doesnīt anymore.
29th September 2006 09:59 AM
Martha
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'm gonna be thinkin' 'boutchoo this weekend...

glenny, I will be so nutz....stunnned, sobbing, laughing, and trying not to lose my bowels (joey this ailment you've passed on to me is kicking my ass! pun not intended).....and I will think of you, somehow through the excitement...

I will think of you too.

I finally get to be up close with the boys....I pray Keef looks right into my eyes. If I get that......oh....shit!

;-)
29th September 2006 10:04 AM
Martha
quote:
TomL wrote:
Meg, Voo and Fucker- I did piss during SOL. I thought of you and MEG as I was, well nevermind. But I heard it was great. I'll catch it in Chicago cause Meg won't let me go. What a great show with some great suprises. Not knowing the operner was great. MM was awesone, FAE, chills,
YGTS and T & A awesome again. Although it does get leary to see Kieth without a guitar. What a great tail gate, 300 plus. Hats off to cold italian pizza and lemmon squzeer. Spent the night before in Philly and had a blast with some cool people. If you ever get the chance to see the cover band Hot Rocks, please do so. Thanks CC. JMI was also awesome. I was very leary but the boys proved me wrong again. Look out Chicago and AC. AC may be a PPV. I hope not cause that will mean horses. Under My thumb was a blessing to hear, and contrair to the Boston report, sounded realy good.

Got to the parking lot at 12:30 ready to roll. It was so nice to see everyone, miss factorygirl, been since little rock. Sorry if I got your mom drunk. Words won't do justice to the whole thing. Go while you can, and most important, go while they are still playing.

Giants was a breath of fresh air and thanks DaStones. Pleasure sitting with ya.

Go enyoy (think of paris hiltons pee pee) and think more good than bad. They are still rocking, Mick was awesome, Ronnie Rocked, well Charlie rocked as always, and Keith was Kieth. Sorry Mick was on fire.

Get the vodka ready in Chicago fucker.............

The ship is coming, and we will be in for a great show.

I drank in Philly on Tuesday night at the birth place of Larry Fine, thought you would want to know that Joey.

Well you know what kinda of eyes she got................

now officially and fully PYSCHED for Whichita...

Thanks FUCKER!

;-)
29th September 2006 11:16 AM
MB81 I was at Giant's Stadium the other night. I feel the impulse to tell the universe that the crowd sucked. Besides peoples kids dragged along, we were the youngest people in the crowd, who think when you go to a rock concert that you should clap, scream, dance, sing, make out, smoke, drink, and generally let the band know that you're alive. The crowd at Giant's Stadium was old, flabby, bored, and left before the encore (I assume to get home to relieve the babysitter.) When Mick introduced the band, people just stood there, thinking "I'm sure someone else will clap, there's no need for me to." It was the same when I saw Bowie last year in Boston. You know what? if you're not into it, don't pay 200$ fora ticket and stay home and watch Grey's Anatomy like the lamewad you are. I don't ever want to go to another Stones concert with a bunch of pasty bald losers who have had all the life and fun sucked out of them by spouses and kids and jobs again. I'm moving back to Chicago.
29th September 2006 11:53 AM
glencar Grey's Anatomy wasn't even on that night! You are a TOTAL poser!
29th September 2006 11:55 AM
purrcafe
quote:
MB81 wrote:
I was at Giant's Stadium the other night. I feel the impulse to tell the universe that the crowd sucked.

I partially agree. This crowd sucked, but not for the reasons you mention. I was in Sec. 202, directly opposite the stage. The rest of our row was filled with kids who pretty obviously were there because their parents had access to corporate freebies. They spent the entire show taking pictures of each other with their phones and getting up to go to the bathroom (I guess). We had to get up to let them by at least 10 times. Annoying little fuckers.

Second was the guy behind us for whom music seemed to trigger a release of long built up anger. He was literally screaming, "Fuck you" to nobody, about nothing in particular. Then when someone walked by him wearing earplugs, he told the guy to get rid of the earplugs because this wasn't "the fucking ballet." Finally, things go ugly when someone asked the guy to please move into the isle if he wanted to dance all night, because the people behind him couldn't see.

Third were the people in front of us who spent the evening dirty dancing. You weren't exactly at your peak, physically speaking, and it was no great pleasure to have to watch you molest each other. Glad that the music moved you, but again, there are people behind you who aren't thrilled about having to adjust their position to actually see the band rather than you two pawing and gyrating all night.

I hate to be a drag, but getting into a show and enjoying yourself are not an excuse to give a big fuck you to everyone else around you. I prefer to sit and focus on the show. If you want to dance or stand, cool, but move so that you aren't obstructing the view of your fellow attendees. Yeah, it's rock and roll, and it's the Stones, blah, blah, blah, but be a little aware of the other people around you. It'll never happen, I know, and I'm an old fart, I know, but I have this stupid thing about your good time ending where mine begins.

Let the flaming begin.
29th September 2006 11:59 AM
glencar Wasn't the crowd singalong on "Faraway Eyes" fun?
29th September 2006 12:01 PM
glencar "Third were the people in front of us who spent the evening dirty dancing. You weren't exactly at your peak, physically speaking, and it was no great pleasure to have to watch you molest each other. Glad that the music moved you, but again, there are people behind you who aren't thrilled about having to adjust their position to actually see the band rather than you two pawing and gyrating all night."

At the second Twickenham show, 2 young guys in front of us were simulating oral sex. They were REALLY into it. The one guy's shorts were nearly falling off. Nobody said anything to them & they stopped after 2 songs.
29th September 2006 12:05 PM
Saint Sway Stadium shows suck. Especially for the above mentioned reasons. The annoying people seem to come out in droves...

cool things about clubs is they usually boot the pricks out
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)