ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
28th September 2006 02:31 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

SWOOOON!!!
28th September 2006 02:41 PM
Jeep Photos Newark Star Ledger :

28th September 2006 02:46 PM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Death 'wishlist'? Please. Thats a ridiculous assumption. Youve got to be kidding me. This is Keith we're talking about.

Hey Gazza, to start with I wasn't having your comments in mind when writing that post!

But either way, it's this distance of opinions that has me puzzled too and making me feel perhaps people are over-reacting.

It's like now that we all got in our heads that Keith has had this accident, operation etc. some go to the gig expecting that either Keith will prove them wrong acting like a 20-year-old all of a sudden (as if he was always sober or always 100% dead on in previous tours) or show extreme signs of some rare secret disease or undercover ailment the operation left him. That's what drives me mad.

Things like this mentioned - suddenly we see Keith kneeling and doing his usual poses and we think he's losing it or feels tired and needs someone to support him?! I'm not his doctor but I find all these attempts to find the secret X factor in his health very disturbing.
28th September 2006 02:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Photos Newark Star Ledger :

Just look at Mick! Keith's fingers look quite stumpy.
28th September 2006 02:56 PM
StartMeUp13 F*CKING AWESOME SHOW!!!

Few highlights

WHO the hell expected a setlist like this?!!! IORR was a little weird as an opener but I rather have that than PIB...btw...something happened with the intro in the beginning...it like shut off and didn't finish????

Freakin' Sway...I was so happy they brought this one to Giants last night...I'm telling you Ronnie was on tonight. It's these Garden shows and Giants shows that they really put their heart and soul into. Far Away Eyes was a BIG surprise...Mick was really good and we had a crowd sing along...lol...

JMI...Who would have expected this?! Awesome! Mick was ON!!! He was just INCREDIBLE...really...Probably one of the best songs of the night.

UMT...When the song began I litterally said Holy Shit...lol...I loved it...every single second of it. After the song, I screamed THANK YOU GOD!!! lmao...

I am really lovin SMU on the b-stage...It just gets the whole crowd going...best version of SMU...ever...

Sympathy-AWESOME

JJ Flash-It fits so good in its place...it really was incredible...right after the woot woots...keith blasted into it...AWESOME...

Brown Sugar-Best BS ever!!! Mick f*ckin sprinted from the mainstage all the way to the end of the b-satge...He's freakin SICK!!! I really don't know how he does it...AWESOME show...AWESOME night...here I come AC and hopefully Beacon...

28th September 2006 03:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
StartMeUp13 wrote:
F*CKING AWESOME SHOW!!!

Few highlights

WHO the hell expected a setlist like this?!!! IORR was a little weird as an opener but I rather have that than PIB...btw...something happened with the intro in the beginning...it like shut off and didn't finish????

Freakin' Sway...I was so happy they brought this one to Giants last night...I'm telling you Ronnie was on tonight. It's these Garden shows and Giants shows that they really put their heart and soul into. Far Away Eyes was a BIG surprise...Mick was really good and we had a crowd sing along...lol...

JMI...Who would have expected this?! Awesome! Mick was ON!!! He was just INCREDIBLE...really...Probably one of the best songs of the night.

UMT...When the song began I litterally said Holy Shit...lol...I loved it...every single second of it. After the song, I screamed THANK YOU GOD!!! lmao...

I am really lovin SMU on the b-stage...It just gets the whole crowd going...best version of SMU...ever...

Sympathy-AWESOME

JJ Flash-It fits so good in its place...it really was incredible...right after the woot woots...keith blasted into it...AWESOME...

Brown Sugar-Best BS ever!!! Mick f*ckin sprinted from the mainstage all the way to the end of the b-satge...He's freakin SICK!!! I really don't know how he does it...AWESOME show...AWESOME night...here I come AC and hopefully Beacon...

thats what I'm talking bout.
28th September 2006 03:05 PM
StartMeUp13
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

thats what I'm talking bout.

u know it lol
28th September 2006 03:08 PM
throbby StartMeUp13 wrote:
...and hopefully Beacon...

Yes, let's hope they find a way to let a few fans into this show, or at least give us MSG.
28th September 2006 03:18 PM
StartMeUp13
quote:
throbby wrote:
StartMeUp13 wrote:
...and hopefully Beacon...

Yes, let's hope they find a way to let a few fans into this show, or at least give us MSG.

personally...i think they'll do beacon...no msg...
28th September 2006 03:29 PM
chevysales
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Thanks for the kind words guys. As for the meet and greet unfortunatly for me it did not happen. I chose to go to the show at the last possible moment. The APD (assistant program director) at my radio station said that she could hook me up with a pair,but then the Virgin rep could not score another pair. No biggie really. I still had a great time,and my girlfriend got to see the Stones before they hang it up.

I have met and gotten high with Jagger before so I have no doubt that at some point I will ened up drinking a Toxic Waste with Keith! LOL!

By the way,I would be remiss if I did not mention just how cool Throbby and Luxy are! Just the absolute salt of the earth! I went to the show with the intent of either scalping tix or buying some at the gate. We went to the show a little strapped for cash because it was so last minute. So it looked as if I was gonna have to lay down the credit card or scalp some shit seats on the cheap. Throbby and Luxy would have none of it! They insisted that we take the extra pair that they had for Sec 110! I informed Luxy that I did not have the funds to cover the cost of these primo seats,but she and Throbby told us not to sweat it and just mail them a check later! How cool is that?! They are the best,and I love 'em for it. Thanks you two! We had a great time and your generosity only helped make my last stadium show that much more special. I'll be jetting you that check ASAP!

Gold rings on Throbby and Luxy in a big big way!!

Riffy

luxury and throbby truly are salt of the earth... really really nice of them to do that for you.

sad in a way that this is winding down as the past couple years has brought the internet explosion which has brought most of us together... and those of us who go way back how cool is this that we get instant set lists and ticket info that was impossible to find years back without a large time investment.

i for one really enjoyed meeting many here and while i do check out and post at the other boards and mailing list this place here has brought such an eclectic bunch together i have had fun meeting, greeting and enjoying shows together...

NOW DAMN IT WHERE IS MY MSG SHOW!!!!

btw... nice review also
28th September 2006 03:36 PM
Martha I'm actually so excited about seeing them from the NINTH row in Wichita I got sick! I'm over the moon with anticipation.

I know I know....I am a light-weight. But I never puke. LOL

Riffy a great review! Hugs and kisses to you for giving us that!

Ok....I got to go back to bed and stay chilled out.......

Joey this liquid shitting stuff gets a bit old after 4 days.

I dreamed I talked with Keef...and was at the show right up front for what seemed like hours the other night.....

I can't think about it much when I am awake or I'll blow my energy.

It's allergy season.

from a state of deep meditation and sniffling...
Martha

PS I'll take any and every song we get....getting so close is a major thrill of a lifetime for me. The Stones still love me and me them! ;-)
28th September 2006 03:40 PM
telecaster Howe was the sound?

28th September 2006 03:41 PM
StartMeUp13
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Howe was the sound?

awesome...clear as it could be
28th September 2006 03:50 PM
glencar
quote:
Martha wrote:
I'm actually so excited about seeing them from the NINTH row in Wichita I got sick! I'm over the moon with anticipation.

I know I know....I am a light-weight. But I never puke. LOL

Riffy a great review! Hugs and kisses to you for giving us that!

Ok....I got to go back to bed and stay chilled out.......

Joey this liquid shitting stuff gets a bit old after 4 days.

I dreamed I talked with Keef...and was at the show right up front for what seemed like hours the other night.....

I can't think about it much when I am awake or I'll blow my energy.

It's allergy season.

from a state of deep meditation and sniffling...
Martha

PS I'll take any and every song we get....getting so close is a major thrill of a lifetime for me. The Stones still love me and me them! ;-)

I'm gonna be thinkin' 'boutchoo this weekend...
28th September 2006 03:52 PM
GotToRollMe Every part of my body hurts. I have no voice left. What a setlist. What a fucking show. This was one for the books.

I've never seen them like this. Last night was something totally new. Mick was incredible, but even more than usual. I was getting physically tired 3/4 of the way through, but he seemed to have a bottomless well of energy. Running the length of that huge stage and back again, jumping up and down, dancing - and singing the whole time. I know he's Mick and all, but holy shit - the man is not human. And he was extremely engaging last night. Right at the top of the show, he mentioned that they'd hit the NY area a few times this past year, and thanked everyone for coming out to see them again. Then they proceeded to give their hardcore NY fans a gift. They gave us a show that went far beyond anything we could have expected or imagined. It made us instantly forget that we had to wait until almost 10pm for them to hit the stage - something you don't wanna do with a NY crowd, as you could feel the aggression growing by the minute. But that's the Stones: They make you wait so long that by the time they hit the stage you hate 'em, but when they start playing you forget all about it and love 'em all over again.

I've never seen Charlie smile so much, and I've never seen him so animated. The man was having the time of his life last night. No matter what happens - if they get lost in the middle of a song (which happened several times) - Charlie is always the one to bring them back home. "Consummate professional" only begins to describe this man. I just wanted to give him a huge hug and thank him for being Charlie Watts.

The biggest surprise: Ronnie. "God bless Ronnie Wood," I found myself saying over and over. This guy is not only a pro in every sense of the word, but a natural musician who can play virtually anything he lays his hands on. There were several times when Ronnie saved the day last night. Ron is basically playing all the guitar parts. His leads and slides are stellar, but he does so much more than that. A true pro and a good friend to have by your side onstage - he can pick up anything and take it right back to where it started.

Just seeing Keith walk out on that stage - I felt so blessed - for him as well as for us. A true survivor, in every sense of the word. It was so damned good to see him again. He quipped, "Well, I made it!" People were going apeshit. I could tell he was really touched. Then "You Got The Silver" - WOW! He nailed this one. His vocal was nothing short of amazing. It's a good idea to let him do this sans guitar - allows him to focus totally on the lyrics. Possibly the best version of this song I've ever heard. Ronnie was superb on this as well; they really do make a good team. When the boot comes out of this show, you'll hear what a miraculous job they did on this. Out-fucking-standing. Keith did get lost several times in the course of the show and Ronnie covered for him as best he could. I looked at his face on the big screen when he'd solo, and the concentration I saw there was heartbreaking. It looks like he wants to play it SO BAD, but it seems like his synapses just aren't firing properly or something. My friend kept saying, "This is great! They're taking chances! They're jamming! It's like jazz!" I quite enjoyed some of the jams too - a lot. But that's the thing: It wasn't "like jazz" on purpose, and therein lies the problem. They need more rehearsal time - just the five of them - to help him work this stuff out. The upcoming break they're taking at the end of the year will do him a world of good. But I will say this: I would rather see Keith Richards firing on half his cylinders than any other musician playing at the top of their game. I will never, ever forget seeing him bow down to the audience after giving his all, touching his heart, and touching ours, last night. Keith is all heart - and soul.

The show as a whole was amazing. Possibly the best I've seen - and I don't mean technically. I've seen them play better. It was the best for other reasons. It's hard to explain. They were so ENGAGED with the audience. For the encore, Mick came skipping out on the ramp that led to the B-stage, using it like a runway. He really extended himself to the audience last night. And here's some good news: Most of the crowd seemed to recognize all the non-warhorse songs! The whole stadium was singing along with "Faraway Eyes!" And how about that!!??!! We got FARAWAY EYES!!! Most everyone seemed to know all the songs, and when Mick would announce one of their more under-played numbers, the crowd would go nuts. These were people who knew the catalog, and it showed. It was very obvious to the Stones, and Mick in particular, so it bodes well for upcoming shows. For the most part, despite the fireworks and flames, the show was pretty stripped down. They kept extraneous stuff to a minimum. Considering this was a stadium show, it was actually intimate. It was like a gift to their hardcore fans - the setlist, the performance, the way Mick projected to the crowd and made us feel like we were all in it together. It simply doesn't get better than this. If you love these guys and you're on the fence about seeing them this leg of the tour, get down offa that damned fence NOW...you'll be so glad you did.

My feet have not touched the ground yet.
28th September 2006 03:57 PM
StartMeUp13
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Every part of my body hurts. I have no voice left. What a setlist. What a fucking show. This was one for the books.

I've never seen them like this. Last night was something totally new. Mick was incredible, but even more than usual. I was getting physically tired 3/4 of the way through, but he seemed to have a bottomless well of energy. Running the length of that huge stage and back again, jumping up and down, dancing - and singing the whole time. I know he's Mick and all, but holy shit - the man is not human. And he was extremely engaging last night. Right at the top of the show, he mentioned that they'd hit the NY area a few times this past year, and thanked everyone for coming out to see them again. Then they proceeded to give their hardcore NY fans a gift. They gave us a show that went far beyond anything we could have expected or imagined. It made us instantly forget that we had to wait until almost 10pm for them to hit the stage - something you don't wanna do with a NY crowd, as you could feel the aggression growing by the minute. But that's the Stones: They make you wait so long that by the time they hit the stage you hate 'em, but when they start playing you forget all about it and love 'em all over again.

I've never seen Charlie smile so much, and I've never seen him so animated. The man was having the time of his life last night. No matter what happens - if they get lost in the middle of a song (which happened several times) - Charlie is always the one to bring them back home. "Consummate professional" only begins to describe this man. I just wanted to give him a huge hug and thank him for being Charlie Watts.

The biggest surprise: Ronnie. "God bless Ronnie Wood," I found myself saying over and over. This guy is not only a pro in every sense of the word, but a natural musician who can play virtually anything he lays his hands on. There were several times when Ronnie saved the day last night. Ron is basically playing all the guitar parts. His leads and slides are stellar, but he does so much more than that. A true pro and a good friend to have by your side onstage - he can pick up anything and take it right back to where it started.

Just seeing Keith walk out on that stage - I felt so blessed - for him as well as for us. A true survivor, in every sense of the word. It was so damned good to see him again. He quipped, "Well, I made it!" People were going apeshit. I could tell he was really touched. Then "You Got The Silver" - WOW! He nailed this one. His vocal was nothing short of amazing. It's a good idea to let him do this sans guitar - allows him to focus totally on the lyrics. Possibly the best version of this song I've ever heard. Ronnie was superb on this as well; they really do make a good team. When the boot comes out of this show, you'll hear what a miraculous job they did on this. Out-fucking-standing. Keith did get lost several times in the course of the show and Ronnie covered for him as best he could. I looked at his face on the big screen when he'd solo, and the concentration I saw there was heartbreaking. It looks like he wants to play it SO BAD, but it seems like his synapses just aren't firing properly or something. My friend kept saying, "This is great! They're taking chances! They're jamming! It's like jazz!" I quite enjoyed some of the jams too - a lot. But that's the thing: It wasn't "like jazz" on purpose, and therein lies the problem. They need more rehearsal time - just the five of them - to help him work this stuff out. The upcoming break they're taking at the end of the year will do him a world of good. But I will say this: I would rather see Keith Richards firing on half his cylinders than any other musician playing at the top of their game. I will never, ever forget seeing him bow down to the audience after giving his all, touching his heart, and touching ours, last night. Keith is all heart - and soul.

The show as a whole was amazing. Possibly the best I've seen - and I don't mean technically. I've seen them play better. It was the best for other reasons. It's hard to explain. They were so ENGAGED with the audience. For the encore, Mick came skipping out on the ramp that led to the B-stage, using it like a runway. He really extended himself to the audience last night. And here's some good news: Most of the crowd seemed to recognize all the non-warhorse songs! The whole stadium was singing along with "Faraway Eyes!" And how about that!!??!! We got FARAWAY EYES!!! Most everyone seemed to know all the songs, and when Mick would announce one of their more under-played numbers, the crowd would go nuts. These were people who knew the catalog, and it showed. It was very obvious to the Stones, and Mick in particular, so it bodes well for upcoming shows. For the most part, despite the fireworks and flames, the show was pretty stripped down. They kept extraneous stuff to a minimum. Considering this was a stadium show, it was actually intimate. It was like a gift to their hardcore fans - the setlist, the performance, the way Mick projected to the crowd and made us feel like we were all in it together. It simply doesn't get better than this. If you love these guys and you're on the fence about seeing them this leg of the tour, get down offa that damned fence NOW...you'll be so glad you did.

My feet have not touched the ground yet.

well put...
28th September 2006 04:44 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
The show was brilliant! The guy at the message board that said Keith was lethargic and had to sit down on the ramp has no clue wtf he's talking about. It was just Keith being Keith. He,for some time now,has been prostrating himself before the audience. The ol' fist to the heart bit. He did that alot last night. On Sympathy he played an extended ferocious solo,half of that solo was delivered on his knees! He was certainly way high in the mix,and to my ears he sounded very strong. By the way Lady Jane,it was I who texted you that Keith was up in the mix and killin' it!

I got a little nervous when they opened with IORR,but that feeling quickly disipated when I became aware that,once again,they were going to mix the setlist up a bit. Did they ever! Live With Me confirmed the shakeup and it only got better as the first half of the show progressed. The Monkey Man-Sway duo was exeptional. I have often thought that Monkey Man did not come off well live,but last night it sounded great. Ronnie has really made the Sway solo his own. While it may not reach the soaring hieghts of Taylor's original,it's still got juice and plenty of it. Bravo Ronald!

Shockers?!?! You want shockers?! When Mick mentioned that New York loves it's country music I figured that we were about to get Sweet Virginia. I mean they did play it at Gillette. So I was very pumped at the prospect of seeing it again live. Out of the blue comes Far Away Eyes! What fun! Sounded spot on perfect! Jagger really played up the line,-"So the preacher kept right on sayin' that all I had to do was send twenty dollars to the Church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart located somewhere in Los Angeles,California and all my dreams would come true!" I mean he belted that line out so fast,loud,and,yes,funny that the place went berzerk! Mick had us all in the palm of his hand from that moment on. Just another one of those,"goddamned that Mick Jagger is fuckin' brilliant" moments! Then came SOL. Now I gotta say that this one really is better than I would have thought,but I still used the moment to refill my cup and blow a quick ciggy.

Just My Imagination!!!! Fuckin' hell! It may sound cliche',but you could have knocked me down with a feather when they started up on this one. To me it was one of the greatest moments of the show. Mick stole the number and sang his heart out. My girlfriend had never seen the Stones prior to last night,and when this tune started up she was just beaming. It's always great to watch someone's Stones' cherry get popped,and this song cemented it for her! Me too! Just sublime. Jagger again had alot of fun with the lyrics. He screamed the line,-"She dosen't FUCKIN' know me!" LOL!! Again Jagger had the place going apeshit nuts with that line!

Rambler was,well,it was Rambler!I have reviewed this song so many times over the years that it's hard to find any more ways to underscore it's effect on the crowd. The staccato riffing,the stop start drumming,the genuine swagger,but tonight it came down once again to Jagger's showmanship. He was suckin' and blowin' the hell out of the harp,and he really seemed to enjoy the give and take between his harp,and Keith and Ronnie's weaving. They all three got into a tight cirlce and just jammed hard! Great! As always.

Dice was very good as well,but I thought that Lisa might get a bit more of the spotlight since Night Time and Shelter are no longer standard setlist material. It was not to be. She belted put the high notes just fine,but there was no real interaction with Mick as in tours past. I have my own thoughts as to why this may be,but more on this later. Keith's set was the only real low point for me. Mind you I am a Keith guy! That is obvious by just noting my handle. The fact that he he did YGTS without a guitar did not really bother me. I think that Keith is really wanting to sell the vocal aspect of the song,and he did not dissapoint. Ronnie played a very sweet accuostic slide,and Keith really ate the mic. When Keith has a guitar in hand he often misses vocal cues because he's so intent on his playing. By handing those duties to Ronnie he freed himself up to consentrate on the lyrics. Nice. Now as for Little T&A. I am sorry to say that this was the only dud of the night. The band just flails away with reckless abandon and the tune never really gels. Too bad as it's such a great tune,but alas even Keith seems to forgotten the lyrics and tempo of the tune. In short. It was a trainwreck.

Under My Thumb was the last minor surprize of the night. It was great to hear. The last time I had seen it live was as the opening number in '81. Sounded great. Though I still have a tough time watching Mick use the headset mic. It just seems so Brittneyesque. However it sounded great and brought back some great memories from that Fox Theater show back in Atlanta circa 1981.

The rest I will not critique becasue they were the standard war horses and they can play those songs in their sleep. Needless to say they were great. Guitars up. Way up!

At the end of the day I am happy to report that the band is firing on all cylinders. I personaly think that the Stones are in the midst of their long goodbye tour. The setlists are being mixed up for a very real reason,and I think that that reason is their way of saying thanks. Thanks to us! Thanks to the hardcore,longtime,cash strapped fans. The thought of never seeing them again in a stadium setting is really kind of a bummer. Yeah I know. We would all rather see them at an intimate venue,but there is something to be said about all the fanfare,stagging,and fireworks of a fullblown Stones' stadium show. For all of those musical snobs that cringe at the thought of another stadium show I have one thing to say. Blow it out your asses ya fuckin' musical prudes! The well is begining to run dry,and once the Stones cash it all in we will never again have the chance to witness the hugeness,the sheer spectacle,of the greatest open air rock and roll party by the world's greatest rock and roll band that the world has ever seen. Give that a thought the next time you knock stadium shows.

I also feel that this may be the reason why the backup players are not being brought to the fore so much this tour. This time the band is seeming(to me anyway) to make it personal. They are playing arena/theater setlists at Giants Stadium for God's sake! They are certainly going out with a Bigger Bang.

Thank you Jesus! Thank you Lord!

Riffy

Excellent review, Riffy! Made me cry. Gold rings on ya!
28th September 2006 04:50 PM
glencar No mention of MSG yet...
28th September 2006 04:56 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Then "You Got The Silver" - WOW! He nailed this one. His vocal was nothing short of amazing. It's a good idea to let him do this sans guitar - allows him to focus totally on the lyrics.

BS--you making a virtue out of neccessity...Keith belongs with a guitar and the reason he is not playing on that song is THAT HE CAN NOT ... it is a sad day when Keith is out there sans ax ...rationalize it any way you like... did you pay good $ to see Blondie play guitar on that song? 'cuz that's what you got.....

28th September 2006 04:56 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
StartMeUp13 wrote:
F*CKING AWESOME SHOW!!!

Few highlights

...Far Away Eyes was a BIG surprise...Mick was really good and we had a crowd sing along...lol...

That's right! I forgot to mention that. The whole of Giants Stadium singing along with "Far Away Eyes!" Unbelievable!
28th September 2006 05:02 PM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

That's right! I forgot to mention that. The whole of Giants Stadium singing along with "Far Away Eyes!" Unbelievable!

That's why I can't understand why they don't go deeper into the catalogue. Even crap from Voodoo Lounge could get people singing along. Or Dirty Work!
28th September 2006 05:04 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

BS--you making a virtue out of neccessity...Keith belongs with a guitar and the reason he is not playing on that song is THAT HE CAN NOT ... it is a sad day when Keith is out there sans ax ...rationalize it any way you like... did you pay good $ to see Blondie play guitar on that song? 'cuz that's what you got.....

Not bullshit at all. He nailed this song to the cross. The fact that he doesn't play guitar on it means he can concentrate on the lyrics.
28th September 2006 05:06 PM
StartMeUp13
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I think I was singing the loudest...lmao
28th September 2006 05:10 PM
GotToRollMe Woah. I've just read this entire thread. Great job getting the setlist in, guys, and thanks for the photos SV, Jeep, and Bitch.
LJ, I didn't know you could hear "You Got The Silver!" LOL!Guess my phone was working after all!
It was great fun reading through this thread. It makes me feel so good to be a part of this and so happy that we can share it together.
Gold rings on alla ya!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
28th September 2006 05:13 PM
pdog
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Woah. I've just read this entire thread. Great job getting the setlist in, guys, and thanks for the photos SV and Jeep.
LJ, I didn't know you could hear "You Got The Silver!" LOL!Guess my phone was working after all!
It was great fun reading through this thread. It makes me feel so good to be a part of this and so happy that we can share it together.
Gold rings on alla ya!

One month!
28th September 2006 05:18 PM
glencar That could be my last show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
28th September 2006 05:35 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
That could be my last show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surely it will be MSG 4 days later (fingers crossed).

28th September 2006 05:46 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
That could be my last show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank God we will all be together for support.

In all likelihood it will be MY last show.

2006...the year of goodbyes. Very difficult goodbyes.

tearfully,
LJ.

28th September 2006 05:48 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
pdog wrote:

One month!

You know it, baby!
28th September 2006 05:48 PM
Bitch First of all let me apologize for the blurry pics from my cell phone! After the tailgate I was good and buzzed, once inside the stadium I decided to head towards the stage, snagged a good spot and never saw my assigned seat. The RS were off to a LATE start, at 9:50 KEEF's guitar blasted the opening riff, surprised us with IORR (we were expecting PIB). After that song MICK asked the audience how many of us were at the Giants Stadium show last year, everyone in the crowd yelled so MICK said “we thought that so we changed the set list”. Darryl riffs broke out LIVE WITH ME, always a treat, which rocked! BOBBY KEYS high notes blew my mind, he nailed it so good. MONKEY MAN, MICK got in the dancing groove, strutting his stuff and shaking his fine looking body, he was mesmerizing; my eyes were glued to him, MICK the mo-mo-mo-mo-Monkey Man! Oh yeah! SWAY was done the new way, RONNIE and KEEF bounced back and forth on the solos, it was fresh. MICK says NY-ers like country music, so we're playing something you will enjoy FAR AWAY EYES was so sweet, RONNIE had the sit down pedal steel guitar, and he really owned it, did a beautiful version; it was fantastic, really nice. STREETS OF LOVE was next, they enjoy playing this new one, and it works well live. JUST MY IMAGINATION was my favorite song of the night, they got into the groove really deep, really fine, everyone was 100% digging it. MICK said she doesn’t fucking know me (not even) love those little changes! MIDNIGHT RAMBLER & TUMBLING DICE were next, great versions, nothing new though. KEEF'S set was next, YOU GOT THE SILVER was sung with deep feeling and emotion, KEEF's voice was the best I've heard, maybe he concentrates more when he isn’t playing too. RONNIE was very attentive to KEEF, they were bonding, lol. LITTLE T&A was excellent, they pulled it off right, and it rocked. UNDER MY THUMB rolled out the B Stage, I was so happy to hear this old favorite, and it was polished and sounded great. ROUGH JUSTICE was the worst song of the night, lots of sour notes and it ended wrong, I think MICK was not happy with it, he scowled at the end. START ME UP, perfect but overplayed IMO. HONKY TONK WOMAN, Darryl stole the show, he was spinning twirling and funking it up really fine, showing off back to the main stage. SYMPATHY,JJ FLASH & SATISFACTION were all fabulous, very energetic, on fire, overpowering the crowd, it was loud, commanding and impressive. BROWN SUGAR was the encore, fireworks, and lights on at 11:50. Bob Marley on the PA system as the crowd shuffled out slowly, woo -woo, woo-woo's shouted from the parking lot. It was a very cool show, all of the STONES are 100% certified best rock and roll live band in existence, and no one can touch them, my heroes. MICK's energy can’t be topped, he keeps pushing up the bar, if it’s possible he is better now than ever, THEY ALL WERE, I don’t know how they do it! UNFUCKINGBELIEVEABLE!!!

At the end MICK says “thank you New York” then realizing he wasn’t in NY he added “and New Jersey”, lol, people always confuse this because Giants Stadium is host to 2 NY teams, the NY Giants and the NY Jets, but it’s in NJ. Doesn’t matter much but MICK might feel the NJ crowd is the same as the NY audience, since these shows are in the same geographic area! It’s true, the STONES love NY and NJ, so they gave us a great show!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)