ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd October 2006 10:17 PM
Bitch Thanks Startmeup13 and GotToRollMe for the video links! Is there any way to download them and save them on my computer?
2nd October 2006 11:22 PM
tumbled woah yea good you tube. thanks bitch. i know u!!
hey for the record, i got to my seat and it didn't exist, seat # 21 and 22 at the row 1 section 15 and so I politely asked the kind usher gentleman, would he please put the folding seats so that if I was kicked out I could say that my seats existed and I said, "not that I am planning to sit down" and I did not nor did I want to I had some dancing to do, and for the record some lady came up and started yelling at this guy, I can't SEEE, I am obstructed by the b stage!! I was like, girl.....count your blessings, you are right in front of mick and keith and ronnie and charlie, for chrissakes, i just walked away, shaking my head. ... some people are never happy....
2nd October 2006 11:54 PM
Poplar
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
I will be laughing at you from inside the Beacon.

Will you be seated? If standing, and someone tells you to sit, you will do so if there's no where else for you to go?
3rd October 2006 12:06 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Thanks Startmeup13 and GotToRollMe for the video links! Is there any way to download them and save them on my computer?

I've tried to download videos from YouTube with SnagIt, but I only get the video without the audio.
I know Google Video has a player so you can download their videos and play them on your computer, but I don't think YouTube gives you that option, unfortunately.
3rd October 2006 12:16 AM
Bitch
quote:
purrcafe wrote:

Go swallow another load. I will be laughing at you from inside the Beacon.

Uh hum! Purrcafe, at first your sit down/stand up whining sounded like a woman, but your swallow another load inside the Beacon comment sounds like something a man would say. So are you male or female?

3rd October 2006 12:33 AM
GotToRollMe Rough Justice:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8264916769814122895

3rd October 2006 12:37 AM
GotToRollMe Montage from Giants Stadium:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1207805675523791640
3rd October 2006 01:15 AM
Bitch
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I've tried to download videos from YouTube with SnagIt, but I only get the video without the audio.
I know Google Video has a player so you can download their videos and play them on your computer, but I don't think YouTube gives you that option, unfortunately.

Thanks for answering and for the links. I like watching these, I can't get enough of the STONES! Who needs TV?
3rd October 2006 08:52 AM
purrcafe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Will you be seated? If standing, and someone tells you to sit, you will do so if there's no where else for you to go?

I will remain standing, but only if it is you asking me to sit.
3rd October 2006 08:54 AM
purrcafe
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Uh hum! Purrcafe, at first your sit down/stand up whining sounded like a woman, but your swallow another load inside the Beacon comment sounds like something a man would say. So are you male or female?

What does that have to do with the issue at hand?
3rd October 2006 09:00 AM
purrcafe
quote:
TheRoo wrote:
[quote]purrcafe wrote:

Hypothetically, let me ask you something. If I were not just someone saying that I get more enjoyment by sitting, watching and listening, but rather someone who COULDN'T stand for an extended period of time because of an old injury or something, would you feel the same? Would you feel the same if I was a 4'11" chick who couldn't see over you, even if I spent the entire show on my feet behind you?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Im not sure if its my responsibility to find out if anyone around or behind me simply CANNOT stand for a couple of hours. Id like to think Id gladly switch rows with them but then that might leave them with the same problem if others are still standing in front of them. Perhaps the best solution would be for the "vertically challenged" lets call them, to be situated in a better-view friendly station. I see lots of wheelchair stations all over MSG.

As far as your 2nd scenario, if youre a 4ft11 chick who is standing but still cant see over me, Id switch seats with you in a minute. Right after you show your appreciation by buying me a beer of course (jk). Your scenarios are fair but again I have to go back to......we are talkin about a f'n rock concert! I really dont worry about people's health and height issues when Im buying a ticket. Hey, sometimes sh*t happens. That's life. You go to a packed movie and a 6ft 6 dude with an afro sits in front of you. You go to a ballgame and there's a blubbering, whining 4 year old behind you kicking your chair. That's life.
[Edited by TheRoo]

That's life. Let me pose another hypothetical. Let's assume that you are standing in my way. I politely ask you to sit, and you don't 'cause, hey tough shit. So, let's say that rather than being a person who tries to appeal to others sense of decency towards others, I pound you in the back of the head and knock you cold. Security doesn't see a thing, and now I get to watch the show without needing to worry about you any more, but you miss the whole thing and wake up afterwards with a huge headache. Is that still life, or is there any unfairness in that? Either way, it's still one person physically imposing themselves on another.
3rd October 2006 11:06 AM
jb Please advise on attendance????
3rd October 2006 08:16 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:
Please advise on attendance????

JB, the upper decks were packed solid, and the floor looked sold out as well. There were a few empty spots in the $160 seats which didn't seem to get filled. I'm only guessing, but it looked to be about 90% full.
3rd October 2006 08:49 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
purrcafe wrote:
Either way, it's still one person physically imposing themselves on another.

What bullshit! By our existing we impose ourselves on others. Standing at a Stones show is not an imposition, it is an expectation. And you can't get by that. Unless of course you can't see the difference between sucker punching someone from behind versus dancing to a Stones performace.

OK now

Cazart!!!!!

3rd October 2006 09:33 PM
TheRoo
quote:
purrcafe wrote:

That's life. Let me pose another hypothetical. Let's assume that you are standing in my way. I politely ask you to sit, and you don't 'cause, hey tough shit. So, let's say that rather than being a person who tries to appeal to others sense of decency towards others, I pound you in the back of the head and knock you cold. Security doesn't see a thing, and now I get to watch the show without needing to worry about you any more, but you miss the whole thing and wake up afterwards with a huge headache. Is that still life, or is there any unfairness in that? Either way, it's still one person physically imposing themselves on another.

Im sorry Purr I cant continue this argument or discussion with someone who would write something as stupid as that. You're comparing an inconvenience with an assault. But if youre a man I invite you to try punching me the next time you're behind me at a show, you silly moron.
3rd October 2006 10:04 PM
mrhipfl GotToRollMe said it best:
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

4th October 2006 11:42 AM
jb This show was very empty...upper deccks curtained off in some areas...wow!!! NY sucks!!!
4th October 2006 12:10 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:
This show was very empty...upper deccks curtained off in some areas...wow!!! NY sucks!!!

JB, the upper decks were packed solid. The only areas I saw closed were those behind the stage which weren't on sale in the first place. Only bare spots I could see were in the mid-level sections, and there weren't that many of those either.

Methinks I detect more than a hint of regret here. You shoulda been at this one rather than Louisville. But AC (and Chicago...it's not too late!) will redeem you. It's all about redemption this time around...screw humiliation! I have faith in you, JB...you can do it!

4th October 2006 12:20 PM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

JB, the upper decks were packed solid. The only areas I saw closed were those behind the stage which weren't on sale in the first place. Only bare spots I could see were in the mid-level sections, and there weren't that many of those either.

Methinks I detect more than a hint of regret here. You shoulda been at this one rather than Louisville. But AC (and Chicago...it's not too late!) will redeem you. It's all about redemption this time around...screw humiliation! I have faith in you, JB...you can do it!

I was advisedof certain area curtained of..can you verify this?
4th October 2006 12:29 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

I was advisedof certain area curtained of..can you verify this?

Hmmm...I can only tell you what I saw with my own two eyes. I made a point of checking it out (just for you!) and did not see any curtained-off areas, save for the back-of-stage area.
4th October 2006 12:39 PM
jb
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Hmmm...I can only tell you what I saw with my own two eyes. I made a point of checking it out (just for you!) and did not see any curtained-off areas, save for the back-of-stage area.

Last year when I went it was "sold out" with a little over 59k. I will be interested to see what the # is this year. They claimed 5ok "sold out" in KY, but papers reported only about 40k!!!! I thought it was very wide open.
4th October 2006 01:03 PM
SweetVirginia It was very full. I took a couple of pics for you, JB:

And this one shows the curtained off area was only really next to the stage. It went a little further on the upper deck.

4th October 2006 01:10 PM
jb oh..they moved the stage way up and cut out many sections...nice work by team Cohl. No more than 54k.
4th October 2006 04:36 PM
lotsajizz yeah--they cheated that way in an even more extreme manner at Gillette--which easily could have fit another 15,000 for a show (and has)
4th October 2006 08:29 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
It was very full. I took a couple of pics for you, JB:

And this one shows the curtained off area was only really next to the stage. It went a little further on the upper deck.

LOL! SV, you're a trip! Wish I'd brought my camera. Just looking at those shots brings it right back home.

5th October 2006 12:43 PM
jb Nice filler effect...only around 47-54k. Boston was worse..only 45k seats made available and only 42k "sold". Louisville had about 45k, and the very sad halifax, only about 50k in what was anticipated to be 60-80k. Wichita only 30k in a 37k seat venue and 21k last night....
[Edited by jb]
5th October 2006 01:37 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

LOL! SV, you're a trip! Wish I'd brought my camera. Just looking at those shots brings it right back home.

You can see a few of the fans looking at me like I'm nuts for taking crowd shots before the show....

5th October 2006 01:52 PM
glencar Interesting shots, SV. I don't see any of those neon green "Shiddoooobbbbbeee Crew" shirts. None made it?
5th October 2006 02:03 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
Interesting shots, SV. I don't see any of those neon green "Shiddoooobbbbbeee Crew" shirts. None made it?

Now that you mention it, only a few of the Shidoobees had them on. There were still lots of people hanging around the tailgate when we walked through, but they were mostly in Stones gear. Doug had his green shirt on.

Inside the arena there were lots of people wearing Shidoobeads.

5th October 2006 02:10 PM
jb I am wearing black or navy at AC...I may break out my Marc Jacobs leather shirt.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)