ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Happy 70th Bill!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ - 27th September 2006 - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
30th September 2006 04:19 PM
Riffhard If I'm at a Stones' show and someone politely asks me to sit down I usually politely decline. If they scream for me to sit down I usually scream right back at them to fuck right off.

Purrcafe you seem to be implying that someone who is standing in front of you is forcing thier own idea of a good time on you,and you feel like that is wrong. Well just exactly what do you think you're doing by telling people to sit down if not forcing your own idea of a good time on those who would rather stand. Anyone who goes to see the Stones and then gets aggitated when people stand up and shake their asses can not be taken seriously. Go to a fuckin' Steely Dan show! Nobody stands at those godamned snorfests. Jagger works his ass off to specifically try and get people out of their seats. I always have and always will stand and dance. If you don't like it. Tough shit. I'm not trying to be vindictive here btw. I just think this is an insane thing to bitch about. IT'S A GODDAMNED ROLLING STONES CONCERT FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!!!! AND YOU WANT ME TO SIT DOWN?!?!?!?!?! GET OVER YOURSELF FRANSIS! I'M STANDING THE FUCK UP THE WHOLE SHOW!!!! When someone yells at me to sit down I intentionally never do,even if I want to,because that person has a lot of fucking nerve trying to regulate my behaviour at a show that I paid well over a hundred dollars to attend. You know goddamned good and well what was gonna happen when bought those tickets purrcafe. People stand at Stones' shows! You know that. It's crazy to get upset because people are standing! I can't even believe that this has to be pointed out to you! For you to try and impose your concert rules on me is just absurd. Go to a Jets game and tell the fans there to sit and see what happens to you!

Riffy
30th September 2006 05:07 PM
lotsajizz riffy speaketh words of wisdom

30th September 2006 05:09 PM
purrcafe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
you reveal your intolerance in your choice of words--"matters"....what REALLY matters at a rock concert is dancing, not sitting down....people do not pay for seats...they pay for a slot to dance and rock...you don't want to do either, limp off the third deck or leave...you are too old to rock pretty clearly

Nope. That's what matters to YOU! People may not think they are paying for seats, but strictly speaking they absolutely are. Again, the ageism is pathetic, since the way that I choose to enjoy experiencing live music has nothing to do with age. It has everything to do with not having someone else physically impose themself on me, which is something that some of the people in this thread just don't seem capable of understanding. Again, I ask where do you think that it is written that your good time superceeds mine or anyone else's? I just don't want you in my way. If I was a smoking 22 year old chick, who was too short to see over you, even when standing on tip-toes the situation would be the same. Your selfishness would be ruining my time.

This whole debate reminds me of an interview with Husker Du, when slam dancing was at it's peak. They hated it, and asked, "what makes these people think they own the pit?"
[Edited by purrcafe]
30th September 2006 05:22 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
If I'm at a Stones' show and someone politely asks me to sit down I usually politely decline. If they scream for me to sit down I usually scream right back at them to fuck right off.

Purrcafe you seem to be implying that someone who is standing in front of you is forcing thier own idea of a good time on you,and you feel like that is wrong. Well just exactly what do you think you're doing by telling people to sit down if not forcing your own idea of a good time on those who would rather stand. Anyone who goes to see the Stones and then gets aggitated when people stand up and shake their asses can not be taken seriously. Go to a fuckin' Steely Dan show! Nobody stands at those godamned snorfests. Jagger works his ass off to specifically try and get people out of their seats. I always have and always will stand and dance. If you don't like it. Tough shit. I'm not trying to be vindictive here btw. I just think this is an insane thing to bitch about. IT'S A GODDAMNED ROLLING STONES CONCERT FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!!!!!!! AND YOU WANT ME TO SIT DOWN?!?!?!?!?! GET OVER YOURSELF FRANSIS! I'M STANDING THE FUCK UP THE WHOLE SHOW!!!! When someone yells at me to sit down I intentionally never do,even if I want to,because that person has a lot of fucking nerve trying to regulate my behaviour at a show that I paid well over a hundred dollars to attend. You know goddamned good and well what was gonna happen when bought those tickets purrcafe. People stand at Stones' shows! You know that. It's crazy to get upset because people are standing! I can't even believe that this has to be pointed out to you! For you to try and impose your concert rules on me is just absurd. Go to a Jets game and tell the fans there to sit and see what happens to you!

Riffy

Right, and you are actually proud of admitting that when someone asks you to be aware of someone other than yourself you intentionally stand? That is nothing short of spiteful and vindictive. What are you, 10 years old? Let's be clear about something. I am NOT trying to impose my rules on you. I am pointing out that your way of enjoying the show can ruin someone else's. If you are hampering someone else's enjoyment, and they point it out to you, you can still enjoy the show, exactly as you want to by MOVING to a less obstructing position. The person sitting behind you doesn't have that luxury. All they want is to remain sitting. If it is lost on so many of you that you can still love the Stones, you can still get into it wildly, and you can do it with some small degree of decency towards your fellow concert-goers, then I really do feel sorry for you all. You think that I am some prig with a stick up my ass, but that couldn't be further from the truth. What I am is reasonable and concerned not only with myself, but with other people sharing the experience. It amazes me that this is such an unfamilair concept.
30th September 2006 05:22 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
purrcafe wrote:

Again, I ask where do you think that it is written that your good time superceeds mine or anyone else's?
[Edited by purrcafe]

I could answer with a question of smiliar nature--'where do you get off imposing your sit-down ways on those around you'? Instead, I think the better answer is more direct, 'where is it written' you ask? Right on the ticket which says "Rolling Stones" NOT "Old Farts Reunuion". Go back to the latter....

btw, you're a prig with a stick up their ass

[Edited by lotsajizz]
30th September 2006 05:23 PM
purrcafe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
riffy speaketh words of wisdom

You would think that you've found wisdom there. You deserve each other.
30th September 2006 05:29 PM
purrcafe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I could answer with a question of smiliar nature--'where do you get off imposing your sit-down ways on those around you'? Instead, I think the better answer is more direct, 'where is it written' you ask? Right on the ticket which says "Rolling Stones" NOT "Old Farts Reunuion". Go back to the latter....

Sorry again Einstein. On your ticket you will find a SEAT number. You aren't buying tickets to a general admission event. I'm not suggesting that there be armed security people at every seat. I'm suggesting that you behave like a human being and use your ability to reason to police yourself and understand how and when you might act with a bit of decency and kindness towards someone else.

btw: you are a child. Or, a very sorry excuse for a human being.
[Edited by purrcafe]
30th September 2006 06:06 PM
lotsajizz and you suck dead goats....and are too old to rock
30th September 2006 06:33 PM
GotToRollMe Ya know, when I find myself in a situation such as you guys are discussing, I always find the right thing to do by asking myself the age-old question:

WHAT WOULD JAGGER DO?

30th September 2006 06:55 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Ya know, when I find myself in a situation such as you guys are discussing, I always find the right thing to do by asking myself the age-old question:

WHAT WOULD JAGGER DO?

What does making kids have to do with this argument?
30th September 2006 07:14 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

What does making kids have to do with this argument?

Make love, not war, kimosabe.

Sooooooo, HOW ABOUT THEM STONES?

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
30th September 2006 07:19 PM
mrhipfl Mick has been looking really great lately, no? A lot younger and more energetic.
30th September 2006 07:24 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Mick has been looking really great lately, no? A lot younger and more energetic.

He was starting to look a little beat near the end of the European leg, but he seems positively rejuvenated now. You shoulda seen him running up and down those ramps at Giants. He's a firecracker!
1st October 2006 12:14 PM
StartMeUp13 Under My Thumb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9DNv3Lnd0
1st October 2006 12:15 PM
StartMeUp13 Under My Thumb
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg9DNv3Lnd0
1st October 2006 12:45 PM
GotToRollMe Tumbling Dice at Giants:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNs9GR6uHrs
1st October 2006 12:55 PM
purrcafe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
and you suck dead goats....and are too old to rock

Your parents must have been very special to have known the extent of your brain damage and to not have terminated the pregnancy.
1st October 2006 01:57 PM
GotToRollMe Some great pics by Sweet Virginia (not sure if these were posted yet, but hell, even if they were, they're well worth another look.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
1st October 2006 02:33 PM
Lethargy Expecting people to be quiet and sitting down at a rock and roll concert is like a vegetarian expecting expecting special dishes at a barbeque joint. If you're not there to rock, don't go.
1st October 2006 04:02 PM
purrcafe
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Expecting people to be quiet and sitting down at a rock and roll concert is like a vegetarian expecting expecting special dishes at a barbeque joint. If you're not there to rock, don't go.

Wrong again. Rock and roll isn't some teflon coated thing to which the usual rules of human decency don't apply. Expecting people to police themselves enough to behave with the slightest bit of consideration is a no brainer, and well, the people who have been arguing against it, really must have, you guessed it, no brains! It's sad to think that the only thing that will stop some people from imposing their will on other people is to be imposed upon themselves. Shows you just how little of the utopian idea of the glorious 1960s has survived. Again, sad . . .
1st October 2006 09:32 PM
lotsajizz yup...you're too-tired to stand up and dance sorry ass sure is....
2nd October 2006 01:14 AM
TheRoo Im really trying to look at it from your logic Purr, but I just dont see it. I and the person behind me have both purchased tickets to the concert. If that person decides to stay seated for two hours that is their problem not mine. This is really making me laugh because we are arguing about a ROCK CONCERT. Why on Earth are there people paying $100, $220, or $450 and not wanting to feel the music? (Im sure you will have an answer to this by the way). But hey, its their choice and if they want to sit there like stumps God bless 'em. But its also MY CHOICE if Id like to stand and dance. Not theirs, not yours not anyone's but me! There is nothing you can say to make me feel differently. Youre right, age shouldnt be an issue. Im saying wether youre 15, 35, or 65 if youre going to a rockshow you're ass should be up enjoying it. This is really such a dumb discussion....for F's sake we are talking about seeing the Rolling Stones in person! Get the F' up and enjoy yourself.
2nd October 2006 10:47 AM
Saint Sway George Clinton & P-Funk said it best:

"If you ain't gonna get it on, take your dead ass home."
2nd October 2006 10:50 AM
GotToRollMe Another great pic from Sweet Virginia:

2nd October 2006 12:33 PM
purrcafe
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
yup...you're too-tired to stand up and dance sorry ass sure is....

Go swallow another load. I will be laughing at you from inside the Beacon.
2nd October 2006 12:41 PM
purrcafe
quote:
TheRoo wrote:
Im really trying to look at it from your logic Purr, but I just dont see it.

I appreciate that you are trying to see another point of view, unlike some of the idiot's who have "contributed" to the discussion. Again, I'm not suggesting that people be forced to stay glued to their seats. I'm saying that because some of us choose to take a more passive role by watching, those of you who want to take a more active roll may find it within yourselves to move off to the side, or the isle or whatever TEMPORARILY.

Hypothetically, let me ask you something. If I were not just someone saying that I get more enjoyment by sitting, watching and listening, but rather someone who COULDN'T stand for an extended period of time because of an old injury or something, would you feel the same? Would you feel the same if I was a 4'11" chick who couldn't see over you, even if I spent the entire show on my feet behind you?

I'm not saying that my time is more important than yours, or that you should be forced to enjoy the show any less than me, I just fail to see the complete refusal to compromise so that everyone can enjoy the remaining shows as we each see fit.
[Edited by purrcafe]
2nd October 2006 01:03 PM
Saint Sway I got a hunch that the Stones dont want folks sitting at their shows.

That skinny singer they got sure works pretty hard to make sure people get up off their ass.
2nd October 2006 01:35 PM
GotToRollMe

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
2nd October 2006 01:55 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Haven't been around the last few weeks. Kind of busy with work and I have a new girlfriend.

But I like this setlist!
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
2nd October 2006 09:59 PM
TheRoo [quote]purrcafe wrote:

Hypothetically, let me ask you something. If I were not just someone saying that I get more enjoyment by sitting, watching and listening, but rather someone who COULDN'T stand for an extended period of time because of an old injury or something, would you feel the same? Would you feel the same if I was a 4'11" chick who couldn't see over you, even if I spent the entire show on my feet behind you?
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Im not sure if its my responsibility to find out if anyone around or behind me simply CANNOT stand for a couple of hours. Id like to think Id gladly switch rows with them but then that might leave them with the same problem if others are still standing in front of them. Perhaps the best solution would be for the "vertically challenged" lets call them, to be situated in a better-view friendly station. I see lots of wheelchair stations all over MSG.

As far as your 2nd scenario, if youre a 4ft11 chick who is standing but still cant see over me, Id switch seats with you in a minute. Right after you show your appreciation by buying me a beer of course (jk). Your scenarios are fair but again I have to go back to......we are talkin about a f'n rock concert! I really dont worry about people's health and height issues when Im buying a ticket. Hey, sometimes sh*t happens. That's life. You go to a packed movie and a 6ft 6 dude with an afro sits in front of you. You go to a ballgame and there's a blubbering, whining 4 year old behind you kicking your chair. That's life.
[Edited by TheRoo]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)