ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006 Setlist, pictures, and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
25th September 2006 02:23 PM
glencar Throbby, what about SOL?
25th September 2006 02:24 PM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
glencar wrote:
Is that at tm.com? Tempting...very tempting!

1-800 Bestseats.com

Can be bought as a single.

I've gotta see if I can shed my obligation Wednesday night. Trouble is, they already know I wanna see this show...
25th September 2006 02:26 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
I think k Chicago will be great-they have been therfe 5 times, and you are guaranteed a ni9ce list-I think!!!

They have played three shows in Chicago this tour, not 5.
25th September 2006 02:27 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

They have played three shows in Chicago this tour, not 5.

The stadium show counts for 2-3 arena show S. Erik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
25th September 2006 02:27 PM
glencar Uh-oh...
25th September 2006 02:30 PM
throbby I don't remember if the horns were in the clip. The guitars eclipsed the rest of the video for me. I was truly amazed that it was put up. They need to be surrounded by more "no" men I think.

That song was the only weak part of the show for me. I just didn't like the horns or Keith's take on the vocal.
25th September 2006 02:42 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I don't remember if the horns were in the clip. The guitars eclipsed the rest of the video for me. I was truly amazed that it was put up. They need to be surrounded by more "no" men I think.

That song was the only weak part of the show for me. I just didn't like the horns or Keith's take on the vocal.

Agreed...that is the biggest problem!!! I bet they told him how great he sounded!!! Throbby, I have no "yes" men in my office. I have a few chicks who wear tight. low skits, with thongs...they have been saying "no" to me.
25th September 2006 02:44 PM
throbby SOL you ask?

I don't mind the ballads in concert if they're well done. Mick really seemed into the song which always helps. Mick's vocals were excellent. I thought Woody's solo seemed stilted, not as fluid as I thought it should have been. Almost like he was being ever so careful not to fuck it up. Then again playing it in that manner may be intentional.

25th September 2006 02:44 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
The stadium show counts for 2-3 arena show S. Erik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have played three performances in Chicago, with three different setlists, which bodes well for the October show at Soldier Field.
25th September 2006 02:46 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

They have played three performances in Chicago, with three different setlists, which bodes well for the October show at Soldier Field.

The Pug and I are going ot discuss your post both here and on Shidoobee(see 60-80 halifax) and you will rec eive a response via e-mail on our findings and conclusions.........
25th September 2006 02:49 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
you will rec eive a response via e-mail on our findings and conclusions.........

Yay! Can't wait!
25th September 2006 02:52 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Yay! Can't wait!

We will take into account disappointment of 58k sold out show in Sweden(3hr 18 minutes) was cancelled.
25th September 2006 03:39 PM
glencar Sweden will be taken care of next year?
25th September 2006 03:40 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Sweden will be taken care of next year?

Swedish Erik is a friend of mine..he also enjoys pointing out anything that I post that may be incongruous with his stats. He is a Nordic Viking...I think(?)
25th September 2006 03:50 PM
glencar Sweden just elected a conservative (for them!!!) gov't!
glencar We all like Erikjjf. He's like Soldatti with better stats!
jb I think it is fair to say that today we are all Swedish!!! In fact, I also think it's fair to say that yesterday we were all Halifaxans...............
25th September 2006 03:55 PM
glencar We're all New Omaha'd today!
25th September 2006 04:15 PM
marko I think 18 songs,in a rain,is a POOR excuse,they did 19
in Glasgow,and back 1995 23 songs.(paris).
I know they are older and all that,but to me,stadium shows
should 2.5hours,not less 2hours,which they´ve been now.
2hours and less is for arenas&theatres.
25th September 2006 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
marko wrote:
I think 18 songs,in a rain,is a POOR excuse,they did 19
in Glasgow,and back 1995 23 songs.(paris).
I know they are older and all that,but to me,stadium shows
should 2.5hours,not less 2hours,which they´ve been now.
2hours and less is for arenas&theatres.

100% correct..it gets smaller and smaller and we let 'em get away with it...
25th September 2006 04:17 PM
glencar The Who did 27 songs at Jones Beach 2 weeks ago but they played for just under 2 hours.
25th September 2006 04:20 PM
marko indeed,but they did 27songs!!! stones do 18!Last time stones did 27 songs was DC 1994.
25th September 2006 04:24 PM
glencar I'd like to see 22 songs. It could get even worse. That's why I'm doubtful about trekking over there next year. That & the prohibitive cost.
25th September 2006 04:26 PM
marko I would be just fine with 2hour show,and 27songs!
To be honest,IF stones would do so,they better hire other
guitar players!
25th September 2006 04:29 PM
glencar
quote:
marko wrote:
I would be just fine with 2hour show,and 27songs!
To be honest,IF stones would do so,they better hire other
guitar players!

Agreed! Keith's hands are dicey!
25th September 2006 05:25 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jeep wrote:

"We do not come to bury AC with a "Halifax" setlist, but to praise it while digging deep into the archives!"
25th September 2006 05:49 PM
MICK_JAGGER PICTURES OF THE CONCERT!!!! WHOOO HOOO IT WAS AMAZING!!!

These photos you may have to save and then zoom in to read the reviews and articles, from the paper the following morning:

25th September 2006 06:17 PM
lotsajizz nice
25th September 2006 06:38 PM
throbby Yes, well done!
25th September 2006 06:44 PM
Saint Sway at Halifax they did it for the Kids

god bless them
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)