ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006 Setlist, pictures, and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
25th September 2006 10:31 AM
Jumping Jack Tell the truth, was Coop more Stonsey sounding than the Stones? More energy? Humiliation (see AC/DC - SARS)?
25th September 2006 10:42 AM
GotToRollMe Rolling Stones leave Halifax fans happy
Updated Sun. Sep. 24 2006 11:29 PM ET

CTV.ca News

Rock 'n roll fans in Halifax are still raving about the Rolling Stones' show, the largest concert ever held in the East Coast city.

Hundreds gathered outside the veteran band's hotel on Sunday afternoon, hoping to catch one last glimpse of music royalty.

Singer Mick Jagger stopped on his way out the door and acknowledged his fans, giving them a big smile and wave.

"I'm so excited, I can't believe it!" one woman told CTV Atlantic. "I saw Mick Jagger!"

Up to 50,000 fans soaked up loud music and a lot of rain at the Halifax Commons on Saturday night.

But the wet weather didn't seem to bother Rick and Darlene Fredette, who paid $500 to enjoy the concert from a stage wing.

The Fredettes have seen the Stones perform three times. They first saw the band in 1994 in Boston, and last year in Moncton, N.B.

"It would be nice to show Halifax a little better than pouring rain, but there's still a lot of smiles out here," Rick Fredette told The Canadian Press. "How can you not want to soak it up, literally?"

Prior to the show, many were concerned that the park's field would be destroyed by the enormous steel stage, dozens of tractor-trailers and thousands of fans.

Those worries soon materialized when heavy rain turned areas into mucky sludge.

Yet, post-concert, a good portion of the park is still rather green and all of the garbage has been cleared away.

The area in front of the stage remains a mud pit, but the concert's promoter told CTV Atlantic that it will not stay that way for long.

Despite the rain, the enthusiastic crowd didn't want to miss a beat of Sloan, Alice Cooper, rapper Kanye West and the Stones. Some fans were lucky enough to catch the show from the balconies of their high-rise apartments, which surround the Commons.

The downpour stopped shortly before the Stones took the stage -- yet started up again, dousing both fans and the band, a few songs into the two-hour set.

"How are you doing out there?" Jagger asked at one point. "You're fantastic to be out there in this."

In 1984, Pope John Paul II held a papal mass at the Commons, but this is the first time the park has hosted a rock show of this caliber.

"It makes us proud to be part of the biggest concert ever in Halifax," Jagger bellowed early in the show, as reported by the Canadian Press.

For Sloan, the colossal concert marked the third time the Halifax band has opened for the Stones.

According to the Canadian Press, Sloan Drummer Andrew Scott called it "three feathers" in the band's cap to share the stage with the legendary rockers.

"It doesn't get any more rock 'n' roll than to open for the Rolling Stones," he told the Canadian Press after the band's half-hour set.

The Stones are set to hit Canadian soil again on October 6 at Mosaic Stadium at Taylor Field in Regina. On October 8, the Stones will light up the same venue with Three Days Grace.

With a report from CTV Atlantic's Stacy Prysazniuk and files from The Canadian Press

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060923/hfx_stones_060924/20060924?hub=Canada&s_name=

25th September 2006 10:53 AM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

IORR mentions Halifax capacity as 50.000. Where would they put the extra 10.000-20.000 "expected" jb?

As about the Omaha treatment... Throbby's post says it best.

It was an open field and was available for up to b/t 60-80, which was projected after first day of 35k sales. Thereafter, it became apparent that it was not going to reach that #, the projections were 45-50k. 50k is not bad, but pales in comparison to Montcon and what many had hoped. The set-list was fine for newbies, but we were promised new set lists and sadly, as someone sad, IORR is back in there as is Miss You. A tremendous disappointmen t for the hardcore fans, but yes, I guess fine fot the Faxans'.
[Edited by jb]
25th September 2006 11:01 AM
Jumping Jack We need to write Chuck and tell him the hardcore are coming to Louisville. Please don't Halifax us!!!
25th September 2006 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
We need to write Chuck and tell him the hardcore are coming to Louisville. Please don't Halifax us!!!

Absolutely! Let's bombard him with emails asking him to keep the Gillette setlist.
25th September 2006 11:10 AM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
We need to write Chuck and tell him the hardcore are coming to Louisville. Please don't Halifax us!!!

A huge concern!!! Itis goingot be 'Dead Flowers" for Bitch and thats it, imo
25th September 2006 11:10 AM
throbby I don't know. First time in Louisville in some time. I'm thinking a Halifax set list for you hardcores.

You could, however, come up to NJ for the "A" setlist.
25th September 2006 11:13 AM
charlotte jb, according to your 2004 and 2005 tax returns you made about 8% less than in 2004. What an embarrassment to all...don't you think you need to retire. You have gotten old, just in the motions, no longer drawing a crowd in your office...please just announce your retirement so all of us can go on with our lives...quit living on the glory's of the past...you have a lot to be proud of, we ALL are proud of you
25th September 2006 11:13 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
I don't know. First time in Louisville in some time. I'm thinking a Halifax set list for you hardcores.

You could, however, come up to NJ for the "A" setlist.

Agreed..Giants will be gret(now giving 4 tickets and 4 t-shirts for $199!!!!!!!!). We in kentucky will definitely be "Faxaned".................
25th September 2006 11:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
charlotte wrote:
jb, according to your 2004 and 2005 tax returns you made about 8% less than in 2004. What an embarrassment to all...don't you think you need to retire. You have gotten old, just in the motions, no longer drawing a crowd in your office...please just announce your retirement so all of us can go on with our lives...quit living on the glory's of the past...you have a lot to be proud of, we ALL are proud of you

lets face it, charlotte - hes been in decline since 1981 and hasnt won a case in ten years!
25th September 2006 11:19 AM
jb
quote:
charlotte wrote:
jb, according to your 2004 and 2005 tax returns you made about 8% less than in 2004. What an embarrassment to all...don't you think you need to retire. You have gotten old, just in the motions, no longer drawing a crowd in your office...please just announce your retirement so all of us can go on with our lives...quit living on the glory's of the past...you have a lot to be proud of, we ALL are proud of you

Hello Charlotte,
Contrary to the tax info referenced, I actually have made more each year since 1988. In fact, in 2005, I made over 123k more than I did in 04.
As for my trial record Gazza, lets just say , unlike Keith, I am not losing mmy touch.
25th September 2006 11:20 AM
Lazy Bones thanks everyone for the great pictures and reviews. looked like a great night with numbers that made Halifax proud. i'm sure michael and the stones will think twice of eastern canada next time 'round.

wish i was there.

the magnitude and hype was quite obvious and refreshing for halifax and nova scotia.

too bad repetition and over-exposure has spoiled the hype in some US centres like Boston.
25th September 2006 11:25 AM
jb
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:
thanks everyone for the great pictures and reviews. looked like a great night with numbers that made Halifax proud. i'm sure michael and the stones will think twice of eastern canada next time 'round.

wish i was there.

the magnitude and hype was quite obvious and refreshing for halifax and nova scotia.

too bad repetition and over-exposure has spoiled the hype in some US centres like Boston.

The Boston show was really bad..only 44k . The Faxan show , with 50k, was disappointing considering 1st day sales, but still better than Boston(the set-list was very disappointing).
25th September 2006 11:25 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed..Giants will be gret(now giving 4 tickets and 4 t-shirts for $199!!!!!!!!). We in kentucky will definitely be "Faxaned".................

I am very disappointed.
I have emailed Mr. Leavell.

LJ.
25th September 2006 11:26 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I am very disappointed.
I have emailed Mr. Leavell.

LJ.

Chicago will have a better set-list!!! You won't be "faxaned".
25th September 2006 11:27 AM
charlotte
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello Charlotte,
Contrary to the tax info referenced, I actually have made more each year since 1988. In fact, in 2005, I made over 123k more than I did in 04.
As for my trial record Gazza, lets just say , unlike Keith, I am not losing mmy touch.

only because you charged 150% more than last year...and the year before that and year before...you used to able able to fill Rich Stadium with clients in 48 hours...sigh

ps.I was just talking about reported income...
25th September 2006 11:29 AM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

Chicago will have a better set-list!!! You won't be "faxaned".

I can't imagine Louisville will get "faxaned" either.

I just don't know.

Giants will get the A list.

LJ.
25th September 2006 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I just don't know.

LJ.

I am in real fear of being "Faxaned" in Louisville..only change will bne Dead Flowers ..............oy vey!!! What a scheduling error!!!
25th September 2006 11:46 AM
throbby jb wrote:
The Boston show was really bad..only 44k .

Please jb, I was there, you were not. Empty seats aside, you'd be hard pressed to fill a schoolbus with those at the show who thought what they had experienced was "really bad".

All this worry over ticket sales is not good for your health. Let Mr. Cohl worry about it. He probably makes 123K every couple of days for worrying about it.
25th September 2006 11:49 AM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
jb wrote:
The Boston show was really bad..only 44k .

Please jb, I was there, you were not. Empty seats aside, you'd be hard pressed to fill a schoolbus with those at the show who thought what they had experienced was "really bad".

All this worry over ticket sales is not good for your health. Let Mr. Cohl worry about it. He probably makes 123K every couple of days for worrying about it.

Imeant the crowd, not the show(sans Little T&A). We had 3k empties in a venue that downsized to 45k for the show. The Faxans' had 50k, but far less than we had hoped for, plus, the now infamoud "faxaned" set-list.
25th September 2006 11:58 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I just don't know.

LJ.

how can you be sure??? I dunno.... Halifax's set list had a distinct European stench to it.

I hope this is not a foreshadowing of the Giants set list.

I dont think I can chance it. With Miss You back on the bstage plus IORR & LSTNT back in, combined with a stadium show makes it too risky.... I fear Night Time will be played. Its not looking good. Gonna skip Wednesdays show. But I hope I'm wrong and everyone gets the Gillette set.

its only small venue shows for me now. AC, Vegas, Clintonfest or bust.
25th September 2006 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

how can you be sure??? I dunno.... Halifax's set list had a distinct European stench to it.

I hope this is not a foreshadowing of the Giants set list.

I dont think I can chance it. With Miss You back on the bstage plus IORR & LSTNT back in, combined with a stadium show makes it too risky.... I fear Night Time will be played. Its not looking good. Gonna skip Wednesdays show. But I hope I'm wrong and everyone gets the Gillette set.

its only small venue shows for me now. AC, Vegas, Clintonfest or bust.

Giants is a return so it will be better...Louisvile and AC=first timers=halifaxed!!!!
25th September 2006 12:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

Giants is a return so it will be better...Louisvile and AC=first timers=halifaxed!!!!

I don't think AC will get "Halifaxed." It's basically the NY market - same as Giants.
25th September 2006 12:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

ah... I see your logic. Makes sense.

but do you think AC will also get the Forty Licks Euro list?? Even though its a NY/NJ crowd?

I want to see the Gillette set I just cant stand going to stadiums
25th September 2006 12:13 PM
LadyJane Sway...I think you are making a mistake not going to Giants. A list, imo.

AC!!!! No way, JB. No way that'll be nothing short of special.

Louisville...crap shoot.

Why are they doing this to us?

Why???

LJ.
25th September 2006 12:14 PM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

ah... I see your logic. Makes sense.

but do you think AC will also get the Forty Licks Euro list?? Even though its a NY/NJ crowd?

I want to see the Gillette set I just cant stand going to stadiums

It is scheduled for a DVD, so definitely war houses/omaha'ed/faxaned.
25th September 2006 12:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

what???

oh man now I have an ulcer

decisions..
25th September 2006 12:24 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
jb wrote:

The horror...the horror...
25th September 2006 12:26 PM
jb The first two(2) shows underwhelming....44k and 50k with Keith apparently in rapid decline . Boston at least decent set-list.
25th September 2006 12:38 PM
Saint Sway ck it out! that has to be the youngest crowd shot I've seen taken since the early 60's!!

Halifax was definately The "DIFTK Show"!! GOOD FOR THEM!

I assume all the old people stayed home because of the rain

quote:
Jeep wrote:

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)