ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Troy Fleece / Leader Post with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006 Setlist, pictures, and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
25th September 2006 12:39 PM
Jeep

25th September 2006 12:39 PM
jb Left after kayne West.
25th September 2006 12:40 PM
Saint Sway Justin Timberlake made us cool with the Canadian kids

[Edited by Saint Sway]
25th September 2006 12:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot >do we expect a smoking version like he never stopped? It takes time.<

Uhhhh...it's called rehearsal. Professional musicians with 40+ years of experience should be able to rehearse a song over a 2 week period and have it whipped into a smoking hot slice of Rock n Roll heaven. In fact, professional musicians with 40+ years of experience should be able to have a song worked out and ready for the stage in a couple of hours. I personally know people that can take 15 minutes at soundcheck to work something out, and then play it that night like they played it all their lives. If friends of mine can do it...certainly a musician of Keith Richards stature should be able to do it...no?

Yes it does take time. And Keith had 2 weeks of rehearsal time to work on it. That SHOULD have been more than enough time to whip T&A and 30 more into stage shape.

Unless, of course, you are on a movie set NOT rehearsing songs for your upcoming tour. Priorities...priorities.
25th September 2006 01:29 PM
jb
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>do we expect a smoking version like he never stopped? It takes time.<

Uhhhh...it's called rehearsal. Professional musicians with 40+ years of experience should be able to rehearse a song over a 2 week period and have it whipped into a smoking hot slice of Rock n Roll heaven. In fact, professional musicians with 40+ years of experience should be able to have a song worked out and ready for the stage in a couple of hours. I personally know people that can take 15 minutes at soundcheck to work something out, and then play it that night like they played it all their lives. If friends of mine can do it...certainly a musician of Keith Richards stature should be able to do it...no?

Yes it does take time. And Keith had 2 weeks of rehearsal time to work on it. That SHOULD have been more than enough time to whip T&A and 30 more into stage shape.

Unless, of course, you are on a movie set NOT rehearsing songs for your upcoming tour. Priorities...priorities.

YOu really say it like it is....I may be a pussy, but I admire your straight forward appraoch.
25th September 2006 01:36 PM
Jumping Jack Poor Keef is burned out

25th September 2006 01:39 PM
glencar SS is correct. I didn't expect a great version of T&A first time out of the box but what I heard was awful & they owe us more. The horns was a bad idea. I can see why they did it but playing it back after the show & reading the many posts criticizing it should help them see their way to a better version. I am not surprised at all by howe bad Halifax was. I now declare in "New Omaha, Nova Scotia"!
25th September 2006 01:41 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
SS is correct. I didn't expect a great version of T&A first time out of the box but what I heard was awful & they owe us more. The horns was a bad idea. I can see why they did it but playing it back after the show & reading the many posts criticizing it should help them see their way to a better version. I am not surprised at all by howe bad Halifax was. I now declare in "New Omaha, Nova Scotia"!

Sadlt, many will accuse us of being unpatristonic.
25th September 2006 01:48 PM
glencar unpatrisonic? Is that something to do with singing the National Anthem poorly? Decode, please!
25th September 2006 01:55 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
unpatrisonic? Is that something to do with singing the National Anthem poorly? Decode, please!

You know, the crowd that says the Stones can do no wrong..we should just be thrilled they blessd us with a new song...well I for one don't mind a sloppy song, as long as it rocks...Little t&A, like Happy, sucks .
25th September 2006 01:59 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Sadlt, many will accuse us of being unpatristonic.

they also accuse of being an illiterate country...

LOL
25th September 2006 02:01 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You know, the crowd that says the Stones can do no wrong..we should just be thrilled they blessd us with a new song...well I for one don't mind a sloppy song, as long as it rocks...Little t&A, like Happy, sucks .

See my Lil T&A thread over at Shidddooobbbee. It wasn't meant to offend but it did. Those people (not all of them!) can be quite touchy!
25th September 2006 02:05 PM
jb Are am so disappointed I booked Lou. and AC.. acted with my heart instead of brain. Bosotn(while a complete attendance failure) had a nice list....Lousiville and AC will be Halifxed and it will be an expensive 18 song set for me.
25th September 2006 02:08 PM
glencar AC might be more surprising than you think. Louisville? A bust just waiting to crack!
25th September 2006 02:10 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
Are am so disappointed I booked Lou. and AC.. acted with my heart instead of brain. Bosotn(while a complete attendance failure) had a nice list....Lousiville and AC will be Halifxed and it will be an expensive 18 song set for me.

You are making me ILL re AC. ILL!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
25th September 2006 02:12 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

I think k Chicago will be great-they have been therfe 5 times, and you are guaranteed a ni9ce list-I think!!!
25th September 2006 02:13 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

LJ, I don't remember if I ever responded to your email. I have to go to the bank now but I'll respond today, tomorrow or sooner!
25th September 2006 02:15 PM
throbby Maybe by the time Keith gets to Louisville Little T&A will be sounding better. IMHO they need to take the horns completely out of it. Not a big band song, just a four piece. Keith needs to change his delivery. The lyrics need some bite. The crucial "her tits, her ass" part does not fit with the current arrangement.

Fortunately most of the Boston setlist rocked JB, you've probably enjoyed worse shows.
25th September 2006 02:17 PM
lotsajizz Halifax was better than Foxboro...MUCH livelier, younger, better-looking crowd. Mick was fired up, Woodie was super, and the rhthym section was perfect. Despite the less than stellar setlist, this was a demonstrably stronger show than Foxboro, less mistakes. You know who was again the problem. He seemed to be be able to focus and give us 5-6 minutes at a time, rather than the 2-3 he struggled for on Wednesday. Being much closer this time, I noticed Blondie playing MUCH more electric guitar then ever before. He is on most of the songs now!! That is a truly revolting development!!!
No security that I saw for any but traffic trouble....the park was a muddy mess by the time of the Stones. Alice Cooper's band played well, but he had vocal mix problems as well as a shot voice....

All in all, this was a fun time to be at but not nearly the event and show that Moncton was last September. Maybe the 45 degree temps and pouring rain had something to do with it.....after Foxboro last week, I was layered up well, but many were not....boy those Canadians love their beer!!

Come back Keith, we miss you......

25th September 2006 02:18 PM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
Maybe by the time Keith gets to Louisville Little T&A will be sounding better. IMHO they need to take the horns completely out of it. Not a big band song, just a four piece. Keith needs to change his delivery. The lyrics need some bite. The crucial "her tits, her ass" part does not fit with the current arrangement.

Fortunately most of the Boston setlist rocked JB, you've probably enjoyed worse shows.

Hey Throbby, what did you think of SOL live? I remember you wanted to see it live even though you weren't a big fan of the song...
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Maybe by the time Keith gets to Louisville Little T&A will be sounding better. IMHO they need to take the horns completely out of it. Not a big band song, just a four piece. Keith needs to change his delivery. The lyrics need some bite. The crucial "her tits, her ass" part does not fit with the current arrangement.

I am sure...it's just that video was to say the least, disturbing. I leave for kentucky with youngest son in my hand. We shall go to Louisville Slugger manuf. and have some bats shipped home. I will enjoy some fine kentuckty Bourbon, and hopefully som esouthern belle will find her way to my crotch. I shall not, I repeat, I shall not, greet one fucking person.
throbby jb wrote:
Are am so disappointed I booked Lou. and AC.. acted with my heart instead of brain. Bosotn(while a complete attendance failure) had a nice list....Lousiville and AC will be Halifxed and it will be an expensive 18 song set for me.

Still time to get the "A" setlist at Giants. 5th row center 600.00
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I think k Chicago will be great-they have been therfe 5 times, and you are guaranteed a ni9ce list-I think!!!

I'm not sure about Chicago. Howe amny times have they been there?
25th September 2006 02:19 PM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
jb wrote:

Still time to get the "A" setlist at Giants. 5th row center 600.00

Is that at tm.com? Tempting...very tempting!
25th September 2006 02:20 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

I am sure...it's just that video was to say the least, disturbing. I leave for kentucky with youngest son in my hand. We shall go to Louisville Slugger manuf. and have some bats shipped home. I will enjoy some fine kentuckty Bourbon, and hopefully som esouthern belle will find her way to my crotch. I shall not, I repeat, I shall not, greet one fucking person.

You will greet at ACY though!
25th September 2006 02:20 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
You will greet at ACY though!

Yes.
25th September 2006 02:21 PM
throbby Yes, I was bewildered that rs.com put part of that up with the not so weaving guitars.
25th September 2006 02:21 PM
glencar Good, because if you weren't, I'd stay home. I expect Salt Of The Earth wit' Axl & Izzy fresh from the tattoo you parlor!
25th September 2006 02:22 PM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
Yes, I was bewildered that rs.com put part of that up with the not so weaving guitars.

Did they leave the horns in?
25th September 2006 02:23 PM
throbby glencar wrote:
Is that at tm.com? Tempting...very tempting!

1-800 Bestseats.com

Can be bought as a single.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)