ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA, 09/20/06..setlist (new and improved), pix and reviews. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
21st September 2006 10:28 AM
chevysales
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Wow there goes my high.

Appreciate the honesty though. I was saying last night that the set list was a dream set list but at one point I was hoping the execution was just as good.

So Keith didn't play guitar for his two song set list? This is a terrible sign.

he played just not on ygts... he probably was checking out the HOT chick wearing nothing but danger tape across her nicely done boob job... a 10 for sure... with older geek who had afan asylum package... they kept showing her on screen all night.

again many thanks to the boston crew/cook nellcote and luxury for some nice chicken... definetly a good time had by all amoung that group i am sure... hell even my wife was talking about the bstage all the way home and she is brought as designated driver who never drives!!!

i was only going to foxboro this go around and holding out hope for msg show but honestly i more than likely will do giants stadium based on last nite... will check out for front floor drops next few days unless a cheaper floor comes up as i won't give up the bstage... those 3 songs make the whole experience for me
[Edited by chevysales]
21st September 2006 10:43 AM
Some Guy When is the next show, whats the schedule so far?
21st September 2006 11:08 AM
Madafaka
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
When is the next show, whats the schedule so far?

Sat - Sep.23.2006: Halifax Commons - Halifax, NS - Canada
21st September 2006 11:18 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
OK...I’m awake. It took forever to get back to the hotel last night.

First, I don’t think I attended the same show as Jizzy. I thought it rocked and that setlist had me screaming (and crying when they did Sweet Virginia). Were they our usual lovable and sloppy Stones? Most definitely. The opening notes of “Paint It Black” were nearly unintelligible, but that may have been partly due to my shock at hearing that song come first.

We were sitting far stage right, Keith’s side. Our original tickets from the presale were near the b-stage, but when these others dropped on Monday after the stage construction was completed, I couldn’t resist snapping them up. They were only $97 (and $77 for my student-daughter....aka “doing it for the kids”). We had planned to head to the b-stage seats for that part of the show, but watching the stage float out through the crowd from our perspective turned out to be really cool.

Lots of the fans near us were diehards and went nuts during Live With Me, Monkey Man, Sway, SV, YGTS and T&A. Later at the cab line I heard some lesser fans saying the Stones “played all that new stuff we didn’t know”. Ha!

Mick seemed out to prove something last night, both with his energy level and that set list. Keith was charming and disarming...saying it has been “a hell of a year” and then seeming genuinely touched by the audience’s extended cheering.

I took snippets of video on my camera, and after reading Jizzy’s review, I went back and listened to the quality of the musicianship and what I hear is our boys the way we love them live.

I will say that Ronnie eating a banana during the bow was the stupidest trick I’ve seen him do onstage yet, and that’s saying something.

I am so glad we saw this show. This performance and setlist was for us...the ones who never gave up on our band. Thanks boys.

SV

I can't tell you how happy I am that you guys got such an incredible show, SV! What a setlist! I got high just hearing about it last night. You must have been in seventh heaven! Good on ya! Can't wait for AC!
21st September 2006 11:28 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
moy wrote:
some more from yahoo

I do not like shiney shirt Mick...and he wore at least two last night
21st September 2006 11:31 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
SV, I had no idea you were to be there last night.
We could've hooked up with the rest of the crew before.
I need to read these threads better next time.
The show still worked for me, sure there were some times, but it's not as if we've not seen it before, and again, it's no bother. They even played your song, which came completely out of left field for me..

Nellcote! I was so pleased that you got to see this particular show - you never gave up on them, and you're always a solid, positive presence on this board. Good karma at its finest! Gold rings on ya, baby!

21st September 2006 11:35 AM
pdog Jizzy,
You would've enjoyed G&R last night...
21st September 2006 11:41 AM
jaggergurl WOW.... that is a beautiful setlist.... WOW!!
21st September 2006 11:41 AM
glencar Hey all! I'm up in CT at my sister's house so I'll give a quick review. Had a great time with Nellcote, Wintah, Luxury & Throbby & guests before the big show. Loved meeting everyone! Missed Kanye West which disappointed my niece but saved me time.

The show started later than I thought it would(9PM) but PIB was an interesting song for opener. The first ahlf of the show was incredible as far as the set list went but I thought they palyed a bit rough on some songs & the crowd seemed a bit reserved. Mick tried to get a singalong verse of Sweet VA going but met little response. After Keith's set(Little T&A was horn-driven!) the rest of the show was pretty rote. The Stones ahve probably responded to the criticism & I liked what I saw. I think a stadium up here at this time of year was probably a bad idea. Fa-reezing!
21st September 2006 12:03 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hey all! I'm up in CT at my sister's house so I'll give a quick review. Had a great time with Nellcote, Wintah, Luxury & Throbby & guests before the big show. Loved meeting everyone! Missed Kanye West which disappointed my niece but saved me time.

The show started later than I thought it would(9PM) but PIB was an interesting song for opener. The first ahlf of the show was incredible as far as the set list went but I thought they palyed a bit rough on some songs & the crowd seemed a bit reserved. Mick tried to get a singalong verse of Sweet VA going but met little response. After Keith's set(Little T&A was horn-driven!) the rest of the show was pretty rote. The Stones ahve probably responded to the criticism & I liked what I saw. I think a stadium up here at this time of year was probably a bad idea. Fa-reezing!

Glencar, you lucky bastard! You got a hell of a treat last night! Hopefully by the time they hit AC they'll have rehearsed and dusted off these tunes sufficiently so that they're a smoother fit by then. I thought you guys may have been feeling the cold a little last night...better bring your long johns to Chicago!
21st September 2006 12:05 PM
chevysales
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I do not like shiney shirt Mick...and he wore at least two last night

than you would absolutely hate the shiny short red baseball type jacket he wore last nite... fugly is putting it mildly.
21st September 2006 12:07 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Gazza wrote:
This self-appointed one certainly can!

11th April (2nd show)
13th April (1st show)
13th April (2nd show)

http://rocksoff.org/1967.htm

21st September 2006 12:22 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oh, I thought I read that he was just standing there with it. Not really playing.

Tell me, how was the intro to Paint it Black? Was it a quicker picker or a strummer? If he strummed it out I'm thinking he's not with it.

he was not really playing, yes Maxy, but at least on T&A he WORE the guitar, he did not even wear one on You Got the Silver...as for the PIB opener, a strummer, supplemented with Woodie on that sitar/guitar thang...

21st September 2006 12:36 PM
pdog I didn't even think about howe cold Chicago may be on the 11th...
I'm really glad AC is inside, I fucking hate the cold... Anything under 50* is cold to me since I left Jersey for The Left Coast!!!
21st September 2006 12:44 PM
speedfreakjive I ain't got the time to read the whole thread -
can someone tell me how Monkey Man was?
cheeers
21st September 2006 12:58 PM
danielharris627 oh my god!! great setlist *orgams* im so jealous of you guys seeing them in america!!
COME BACK TO THE UK WITH A SIMILAR SETLIST GOD DAMMIT!!!
21st September 2006 02:03 PM
maumau
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:
oh my god!! great setlist *orgams* im so jealous of you guys seeing them in america!!
COME BACK TO THE UK WITH A SIMILAR SETLIST GOD DAMMIT!!!

you missed the core point
show was awful bad, worst than ever
according to lotsajizz
21st September 2006 02:12 PM
LadyJane
quote:
maumau wrote:

you missed the core point
show was awful bad, worst than ever
according to lotsajizz

And REALLY good per Nellcote, Sweet Virgina, BobTamp and others.

LJ.
21st September 2006 02:18 PM
maumau
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

I tried to be ironic here my sweet lady jane
since I couldn't find any review matching lotsajizz one
still i want to hear to this f concert before joining the "redemptionist" faction
[Edited by maumau]
21st September 2006 02:19 PM
chevysales
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

LJ.

it was a good show... not as loud as most (although "the razor" doesn't hold sound so to speak heck we were on the road in and heard sound check under my thumb volume wise outside on street). and in the beginning you didn't hardly hear any guitar but ronnie's sitar like one but by 3rd song we heard both guitars.

that in itself is pretty normal... but ronnie did carry the load guitar wise last nite and i never saw him mugging those camera "friendly" faces last nite.
he was doing some strange stuff though going from one extreme to another very animated then kinda spaced...

ned a lower priced floor seat for giants... got the jones again.

21st September 2006 02:44 PM
luxury1 since I am of feeble mind, I can only concentrate on either the visual or the aural experience at a Stones show, thus I choose the visual, live, and wait for the boot/dvd to focus on the musical performance....
that prefaced, Mick may not be breaking with many new clothes this leg of the tour, but he sure did bust out some new moves--wow--
Keith looked really, really good--how he sounded?? My musician friend reported to me that "he was shot, and Ronnie Wood carried him most of the show.." Maybe it is the arthritis in his fingers?? I will defer judgement until I can listen to the show again.
Charlie was having the time of his life--smiling, banging away--great big smiles too! ANd after the final bow, he took a stroll over to ROnnie's side to smile and wave to the crowd--came very close to the front of the stage too. Something new for Charlie....
I thought the stage was about the same height as Giants and Fenway last year, but will report back after Giants next week--I have about the same seat for that show as i did last evening.
Lisa had lots of new sparkly clothes--damn, can she move (and sing).
Sweet Virginia was a highlight for me--and the audience sing along Mick tacked on at the end of the song
was very funny...
Great to party in the lot with everyone!! Special thanks to Nellcote for putting it all together.
21st September 2006 02:51 PM
Saint Sway just wanted to chime in quick because I've been "wicked pissah" busy all day... but... my buddy phone me from the show. He had great seats and the sound was surprisingly clear - from what I heard Ronnie sounded really great! Especially on Sway! Solo sounded very fluid. Great tone too. And I think he was doing lap steel on Silver which also sound f'in sweet!!!

also my buddy's full report from the show was "best Stones yet"! Keith great on Sympathy. An endless Rambler!!

I love the inspired set list. Both for the great new adds (PIB intro! Lots of LIB!) and for the tired songs they dropped (Miss You, IORR)

REDEMFAMACATION!

Fuckin A! Now I gotta go next week

21st September 2006 02:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

11th April (2nd show)
13th April (1st show)
13th April (2nd show)

http://rocksoff.org/1967.htm

ah really? wow..I need to read my own research first..LOL

I'm not so sure, to be honest. The standard tour opener was The Last Time on that tour, followed by Paint it Black. The Paris show on 11th April was broadcast on the radio, starting with Paint It Black - with no "The Last Time" broadcast, so it could be that they opened with The Last Time before the broadcast started. They didnt vary the setlist much in those days

I've put "setlist unknown - no tape extant" for the two warsaw shows on 13.4.67 yet there are setlists there for both shows which are identical to what was posted for Paris. The setlista are unknown/unconfirmed for Warsaw - I think the inclusion there is down to a bit of clumsy copying and pasting on either my part or Voodoo's.

So, I think last night WAS the first ever time they opened with "Paint It Black". Thanks for pointing that discrepancy out. Think we need to edit that faux pas.
21st September 2006 02:58 PM
throbby Hey Saint Sway! Ronnie was standing and playing acoustic on YGTS, Keith was in trenchcoat. Regardless of Keith's lack of guitar it was a nice moment for me.
21st September 2006 02:59 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
And I think he was doing lap steel on Silver which also sound f'in sweet!!!

Acoustic, it seems.

Photo by NurseJane on Shidoobee.
[Edited by erikjjf]
21st September 2006 03:31 PM
Some Guy Redemptionism is alive and well.
21st September 2006 03:39 PM
jb No one knows more about the Stones in Europe than Swedish Erikjjf..........................
21st September 2006 03:44 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
No one knows more about the Stones in Europe than Swedish Erikjjf..........................

That is simply not true.
21st September 2006 03:47 PM
chevysales
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
since I am of feeble mind, I can only concentrate on either the visual or the aural experience at a Stones show, thus I choose the visual, live, and wait for the boot/dvd to focus on the musical performance....
that prefaced, Mick may not be breaking with many new clothes this leg of the tour, but he sure did bust out some new moves--wow--
Keith looked really, really good--how he sounded?? My musician friend reported to me that "he was shot, and Ronnie Wood carried him most of the show.." Maybe it is the arthritis in his fingers?? I will defer judgement until I can listen to the show again.
Charlie was having the time of his life--smiling, banging away--great big smiles too! ANd after the final bow, he took a stroll over to ROnnie's side to smile and wave to the crowd--came very close to the front of the stage too. Something new for Charlie....
I thought the stage was about the same height as Giants and Fenway last year, but will report back after Giants next week--I have about the same seat for that show as i did last evening.
Lisa had lots of new sparkly clothes--damn, can she move (and sing).
Sweet Virginia was a highlight for me--and the audience sing along Mick tacked on at the end of the song
was very funny...
Great to party in the lot with everyone!! Special thanks to Nellcote for putting it all together.

i don't think i can remember charlie ever coming out like that at the end... funny as i very rarely focus on charlie during show except at bstage where you can't miss him but your rite he must have been having a good time as the front of stage thing was out of the norm for him.

sometimes it seems we as fans are way too critical of this band and last nite i was purely in just enjoy the show mode.

and let me add security up front was nuts although i seem to have noticed more drunk/obnoxious ticketholders...

[Edited by chevysales]
21st September 2006 03:49 PM
jb Charlie is living la vida loca!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)