ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA, 09/20/06..setlist (new and improved), pix and reviews. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
21st September 2006 12:16 AM
Altamont
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
sorry to be the one to lay it on ya---the WORST excuse for a Stones show ever--Keith is brain-dead, just lost out there, he blew every cue, fucked up every solo, could barely speak English--pathetic, sad.....he will not last the tour if he keeps it up...the band was the sloppiest I've ever seen them...beyond bad....they even turned Keith off after a while at times...he was playing but you could not hear him...it reminded me of Jerry near the end

so many songs butchered...even Mick was not blameless.....Woodie carried Keith the whole night

thank god for Charlie and Daryl

[Edited by lotsajizz]

So, what were the low points of the show?
21st September 2006 12:19 AM
lotsajizz the set list was good.....sound abysmal

21st September 2006 12:24 AM
Altamont
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the set list was good.....sound abysmal

LOL!!!! oh well, we just can't win! Good sound and stale setlists or good sets and horrible sound? jeez.
21st September 2006 12:32 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
the set list was good.....sound abysmal

Where were you sitting? Not that that would make a difference to Keith's playing but perhaps the sound.
21st September 2006 12:42 AM
lotsajizz section 110--not Keith's side, but Ron's...btw, very cold with a biting wind most of the night
21st September 2006 01:43 AM
SteveMiller
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

I am sorry to be the one to lay it on ya; this was by far the WORST excuse for a Stones show ever!! Never have I heard them sloppier....never did they look more like they'd rather be anywhere else. The problem was band-wide, but centered on one man. Face it folks, a life of booze and drugs SOUNDS good, but the results are in. Keith Ricgards is just about brain-dead. He is far worse off from than even Europe just a couple fo weeks ago. He was just lost out there. He blew every cue, fucked up every solo, could barely speak English. At times I found myself shouting at him "play your fuckin' guitar Keith!!!" It was pathetic, and in the end, very very, very, very sad. Ladies and gentlemen, he will not last the tour if he keeps it up. It was colder than a witch's left tit so maybe that was some factor. And Keith was not alone. The band was the sloppiest I've ever seen them...beyond bad. 'Sway' was a travesty, a fine Woodie solo blown by missed Keith cues and Mick forgetting the lyrixs after just one verse. It got worse from there.
Much worse.
At one point, they even turned Keith off after a while at times. He was playing but you could not hear him...it reminded me of Jerry near the end. The end is near, and it ain't pretty.....

There were so many songs butchered. Even Mick was not blameless, butchering the seond half of "Midnight Rambler". Not even Ronnie was blameless. Woodie carried Keith the whole night, but even he missed a few--a badly blown "Monkey Man" for instance. But Woodie did a new take on his solo in "Start Me Up" that was superb. And, out of the fucking blue, Keith's opening riff on 'Satisfaction' was so startingly original and crunching it made me go 'Wow!' and say 'where the fuck you've been all night?'. But then he fucked up all the chord changes and his attempts at solos were childish and lost.

thank god for Charlie and Daryl

The best songs of the night were "Ain't Too Proud To Beg" and "Streets Of Love".

If this keeps up, Keith needs rehab.....

[Edited by lotsajizz]

You are a fucking idiot,Kayne was great!
[Edited by SteveMiller]
21st September 2006 01:44 AM
Nellcote Just got back after a "bottom pinch" of a night!
Stones on fire, fire fire!
Set list had all of the folks I was around giving the big WTF???, Super mix of numbers, JB, they did it for the hardcore FANS, not the kids!!!
Every song a keepah.
Possibly the best Ron Wood evening I've ever experienced.
His solos were stunning. Midnite Rambler had him all over the place, his silde took me back to "Plynth", from his Faces days..SOL works, yes indeed it works, once again, owned by Woody. PIB out of the box was IT, then LWM was a bold follow-up. For me, Sweet Virginia was the balls, Keith's "Tony Bennett" type version of YGTS worked. Keith is not on a stool, strumming with Ron, He's singing, without guitar, while Ron & Blondie trade licks, yeah it works. Under My Thumb had some funky Miss You lines to start, but it is The # for the trip to the B Stage. I still think they love Rough Justice, as the shredded it at the B, as well as JJF. After that, while Stones are Stones, any number is great, the warhorse finish was good, but expected.

Highlights:
We had Fan Club B Stage, Ronnie's side, right at the balcony. Have not missed a B yet during all ABB, and it is still the place to be, don't miss it. Caught another pick!

I got greedy, when the price drop happened this week, scored 13th row, Keith's side on Ebay for $100, so we had the best of both worlds...

The Razor holds 66K, only 44-46 K were earmarked for the gig, it was full.

Security was real loose, cameras in easy.

Pre/Post Party...Had a Wicked Pissa tailgate with:
Chevy Sales & wife, I spared him the grilled Dolphin...
Luxy & Throbby, yes the Rock Stars came, they are troopers, brought great eats, we "closed the lot", as we were about the last to leave. Their friend Gary, good chap came along.
Glencar! finally met up with GC, he's a hoot, had a great time, he sat about 4 rows behind us.
Wintah, another partner in crime, we got him to the B, he and his Guiness Memorial to Ronnie...
My buddies Erron & Lee...

Thanks to Meg!!!!, She tolerated my email pix, I'm very very lame at this, however, thought we'd give it a go.
Meg, I guess I have memory issue in my rig, as I was deleteting more to free up space, I sent what I could, you were great.. The camera f'dup @ the B, however, have no fear, we should have some good shots...

I'm whipped, however, it was a happy beating I took, as this was one of THE best stadium gigs I've seen.
21st September 2006 01:45 AM
lotsajizz Peter--I was on good 'shrooms, wtf were you on?!? This show SUCKED with a capital 'S'!!!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]
21st September 2006 01:47 AM
SteveMiller
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Peter--I was on good 'shrooms, wtf were you on?!? This show SUCKED with a capital 'S'!!!!!

[Edited by lotsajizz]

The only thing that sucks, is you
21st September 2006 01:49 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
SteveMiller wrote:

The only thing that sucks, is you

...coming from the self-professed Kanye West fan that you are Mr. Miller, I thank you....
21st September 2006 01:53 AM
SteveMiller
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

...coming from the self-professed Kanye West fan that you are Mr. Miller, I thank you....

As I say Fly Like A Eagle! Fuck face
21st September 2006 01:55 AM
lotsajizz I love you too
21st September 2006 03:44 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
1. Paint It Black
2. Live With Me
3. Monkey Man!!!
4. Sway
5. Sweet Virginia (for OUR girl on the scene)
6. SOL (sing-a-long time)
7. Aint Too Proud to Beg
8. Midnight Rambler
9. Tumbling Dice
10. You Got The Silver (this is MY fav)
11. Little T&A
12. Under My Thumb
13. Rough Justice
14. JJF
15. HTW
16. Sympathy
17. Start Me Up
18. Satisfaction
19. Brown Sugar

This setlist is a miracle by its own accord. The board had a collective orgasm just by that last night and I missed it, time zones and all Stupid work! I knew I should have taken the day off today. How did you manage to wake up this morning Gazza?

Mixed reviews of the actual gig so far - Nellcote loved it, lotsajizz hated it! But lotsajizz, I think you're overreacting a little here. It was the first night after their break - and rehab?

And I wanna hear from our SweetVirginia as well I'm sure she must have had a great time.

See, poor sales did what our collective nagging has failed to do all these years I think it's a wake-up call and I'm sure the States leg may possibly be the best of the tour, you lucky cats.

And if Keith DARES to leave out "Little T&A" in Europe next summer, he'd better polish his guitar head-banging moves, cause I'm going for the stage baby!
21st September 2006 03:46 AM
Jumacfly Cool set list!!!
I m very curious to hear Little TA!
21st September 2006 04:50 AM
maumau Keith apparently did not play any guitar on You got the silver which sounds weird
I guess it is better than "pretending to"
reallly like to hear the boot of this
21st September 2006 05:12 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
maumau wrote:
Keith apparently did not play any guitar on You got the silver which sounds weird

vERY sAD.
the song IS based on his guitar
21st September 2006 06:09 AM
maumau
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

vERY sAD.
the song IS based on his guitar

yes it is
anyway i want to listen to the boot before speaking of that and the whole concert
setlist is cool but not beyond criticism
1) where is ABB? we dont see it yet and this is a pity
2) are they going to trash the rehearsed songs again?
on the opposite i like the change in the pace and the mood of the beginning --> slower and groover, and that is quite something for a Jagger stressed out by keeping the energy level high.

anyway be it "lame" or "renewed" i don't judge a concert from its setlist
21st September 2006 06:22 AM
Bitch It would be nice if the ROCKS OFF'ers in attendance would post a review with some band performance comments. Yeah we all want to know if the STONES sounded juiced up and sloppy, but considering the new setlist I'm guessing they were a bit rusty out of the box. I have no worries that the RS will get into the groove and the rock will roll as A BIGGER BANG marches on!

21st September 2006 06:26 AM
Gazza Those that had access to a pc after the show already did, Bitch

I'm sure those who who had to travel further or who are in hotels may take a bit longer.
21st September 2006 06:36 AM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Those that had access to a pc after the show already did, Bitch

I'm sure those who who had to travel further or who are in hotels may take a bit longer.

I would appreciate it to hear a few more first hand accounts of last nite's performance. Everyone will have a different IMO, but I refuse to believe KEEF sucked! An off night, possibly, but totally bad, sorry but I don't believe it.
21st September 2006 06:44 AM
Steel Wheels I went to bed last night and dreamed of the AC show. Can't wait. Stones are back! YES!
21st September 2006 06:53 AM
Bitch From what I can tell, this is the first time
PAINT IT BLACK has ever been the opening song in RS history. Can the RO Stones Historians confirm this?

21st September 2006 06:55 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Bitch wrote:

I would appreciate it to hear a few more first hand accounts of last nite's performance. Everyone will have a different IMO, but I refuse to believe KEEF sucked! An off night, possibly, but totally bad, sorry but I don't believe it.

From a reading of reviews on the other boards, nobody seems to believe Keith sucked. Actually there're reports of a smoking version of Litle T&A.

I wanna hear the boot, god dammit
21st September 2006 06:59 AM
maumau as for now i have only read 3 negative reviews of the show. and they were all from lotsajizz!
21st September 2006 07:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

From a reading of reviews on the other boards, nobody seems to believe Keith sucked. Actually there're reports of a smoking version of Litle T&A.

I wanna hear the boot, god dammit

Several reports mention that Ronnie did a good job on the first spot of the night while Keef was not at his best.
Then the Riff master came back, of course!
21st September 2006 07:06 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Several reports mention that Ronnie did a good job on the first spot of the night while Keef was not at his best.
Then the Riff master came back, of course!

And well, that's far from sucking, of course

And it's great to see Ronnie playing good.

Quite honestly, taking into consideration:

a) the setlist
b) the fact it's the first show after one month and with little rehearsals
c) the reviews

I see no reason to complain.
21st September 2006 07:13 AM
lotsajizz the boot will conform it--Keith was a lost little boy....I am not some neophyte, having seen this band some 50 times now...this was by far the worst they have ever played....some wish to have blinders on, fine for them, but Keith was AWFUL and the recordings will bear it out...I'm glad some were so wrapped out in enjoying just seeing them, but there's a huge difference between being happy to see them and being happy at what you heard....the Keith/no guitar sequence on 'You Got The Silver' was just sad....like 'Little T&A' just butchered...
21st September 2006 07:15 AM
LadyJane Here is a pic taken and posted by Shidoobee's nursejane

Fotini...SV reports Keith looked GREAT in this long black coat.

Sadly, Mick did not dispose of the Satin shirts and Vegas like tux jackets.

LJ.
21st September 2006 07:20 AM
lotsajizz Keith DID look good...his hair is getting very long...

a local review. btw attendance, like the performance was worse than thought...only 43,000!!!!!

from the ProJo....
It's a scary thought, but even this far into the game, the road appears to do The Rolling Stones good.

Last night at Gillette Stadium, in front of a sellout crowd of roughly 43,000, the legendary band was faster and nastier than at Fenway Park last year, the first show in the Bigger Bang tour.

Playing their fifth show in the Boston area in a little more than a year, the Stones went deep into the songbook in the early going. Starting off with "Paint It, Black" seemed an incongruous choice to kick off the party that a Stones concert usually is, but it became clear after a slashing "Live With Me," a jovial "Ain't Too Proud to Beg," and "Sway," a ballad structure with a nasty grind underneath it, that early on at least, this wasn't going to be Greatest Hits night.

In nearly every band, there's a member you can look to to see how the gig is really going. In the case of The Rolling Stones, it's

Keith Richards.

You know frontman Mick Jagger is going to give you the aerobic preen, with the energy of a man a third his age, and get the crowd going (not that they typically need a lot). You know Ron Wood is going to play biting guitar and look like he's having the time of his life. You know drummer Charlie Watts will be impassive and impeccable. But Keef? He's the barometer. When he's smiling, the whole band smiles with him. And last night's set list seemed to make him happy.

Even rent-payers such as "Satisfaction" got a lengthy treatment, but the highlight of the night was the blues-rock tour de force of "Midnight Rambler," which went through its usual three tempos but got an extended harmonica solo from Jagger and a murderous solo from Richards in the breakdown, wringing the crowd nearly dry. Only a stalwart like the subsequent "Tumblin' Dice" could keep up.

Hey, remember that album the Stones put out last year? Yeah, only sort of, right? Same with the Stones: "Streets of Love" (reportedly played live for the first time in North America) and "Rough Justice" were the sole representatives from A Bigger Bang. Live as on record, too many guitars on the former (Jagger joining Wood and Richards) spoiled what could've been a spare, haunting ballad (though lyrics such as "You're awful bright, you're awful smart/ I must admit/ You broke my heart" didn't help). "Rough Justice" fared better, as Jagger stuck to vocals.

Freed from the need to play something from the new album, Richards' vocal spotlight consisted of a sweet "You Got the Silver" and the roaring "Little T & A," from 1981's Tattoo You (with added horns that weren't necessary).

As usual on this tour, late in the show the Stones gathered around a small area in the center of the stage and were slid out into the middle of the crowd mid-song (this time during "Under My Thumb"). On the small stage, they slammed through "Rough Justice," "Jumpin' Jack Flash" and "Honky Tonk Women."

Sure, these are The Rolling Stones -- they play in stadiums on a five-story stage; they've got the giant inflatable tongue-and-lips business, and shooting flames during "Sympathy for the Devil" -- so huge they warmed the crowd from hundreds of feet away. They're sponsored by mortgage companies and electronics chains. They'll never be as menacing as they seemed in the early '70s. But last night they did the best they could.

Kanye West opened the show, and the multi-platinum rapper showed the energy and chops to fill the Stones' huge stage. He thanked the crowd and the Stones for allowing him to "break down some boundaries," and said later in the show that even he never dreamed of being at such a show.

Backed by a DJ, a strong string section and two singers, West stuck mainly to the hits, starting in a relatively mellow mode with "Diamonds from Sierra Leone" and "The New Workout Plan" before tearing into "Get 'Em High." He lost momentum by letting his singers do Gnarls Barkley's "Crazy," but came back with "Gold Digger" and closed with an energetic "Touch the Sky."

West is the latest in the Stones' string of opening acts hand-picked seemingly to challenge the audience a bit. And it worked -- to an extent. No one seemed to be there for West, but he was well received. Arlene Mulley and Albert Toupin, of Douglas, Mass., weren't familiar with West, but they were impressed by his energy. "The stringed instruments were excellent," Mulley added. Unfortunately, not many felt compelled to catch West: the stadium was less than half-full when he was done.

21st September 2006 07:21 AM
moy some more from yahoo

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)