ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Bent Rej with thanks to Stewed and Keefed
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA, 09/20/06..setlist (new and improved), pix and reviews. Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
22nd September 2006 09:54 AM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]FotiniD wrote:
Darryl (Barkman77) on Shidoobee posted this video of Sway! Let's give it a listen:

That was pretty damn good. Very good.

I am extremely disappointed in Jizzy. We've had our arguments in the past politically but to lie to me about the Stones makes me very sad. I'm hurt.

He's a dick. Yes, during Ain't Too Proud To Beg Mick added some improvised lyrics but I don't think he did it accidently. I hope security in Halifax keeps a close eye on our storefront atty.
22nd September 2006 10:14 AM
Maxlugar Why, Blue? Why did he do it? Why does he hate the Rolling Stones so much?
22nd September 2006 10:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
CraigP wrote:

There were maybe 1-2 hundred empty seats, That's ALL!
Ha, the panic everyone had of it being "wide open"... nice

Another thing that suprised me was that the majority of concert go-ers were college age to about 35 yrs. (on average).

it WAS 'wide open', Craig - why do you think they were selling thousands of tickets in the last few weeks so cheap? Might explain why the audience was younger than usual, too.
22nd September 2006 10:18 AM
glencar "Why, Blue? Why did he do it? Why does he hate the Rolling Stones so much?"

I dunno but I'm about to drive up to his storefront legal clinic & find out! He really is a buzzkill.
[Edited by glencar]
22nd September 2006 10:20 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
"Why, Blue? Why did he do it? Why does he hate the Rolling Stones so much?"

I dunno but I'm about to drive up to his storefront legal clinic & find out! He really is a buzzkill.
[Edited by glencar]

We all have the address!!!!!!!!

LOL..and we've all threatened to drive there on different occasions for different disputes.

So...what does that say???

LJ.
22nd September 2006 10:23 AM
glencar LJ, he's a bad penny. I hope he has fun in "New Omaha" tomorrow night!
22nd September 2006 11:08 AM
Maxlugar He should probably just kill himself, no?
22nd September 2006 11:15 AM
glencar LOL
22nd September 2006 11:16 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
He should probably just kill himself, no?

Lugar...you friggin crack me up. I just choked on coffee.

Howe's the hangover????

Something tells me there will be no Couchie chat tonight.

LJ.
22nd September 2006 12:09 PM
glencar Must chat tonight! Must! Let's do it early like 8PM or so...
22nd September 2006 12:13 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I can see no faults in that! Sounded good to me. Didnt notice Mick stuffing up the lyrics.

Anyway, regardless, what a stunning set list.

I agree.That was the best version of sway what i heard live.Mick´s vocals´thanks god´´are stronger than ever.
22nd September 2006 12:54 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Must chat tonight! Must! Let's do it early like 8PM or so...

8!!!!!!!!!

I'm still napping!!!!!!!!!!!

LJ.
22nd September 2006 12:55 PM
Jumacfly Cool version.Ronnie rocks but where is Keef??
Any news of Little TA ???
22nd September 2006 01:05 PM
telecaster
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]FotiniD wrote:
Darryl (Barkman77) on Shidoobee posted this video of Sway! Let's give it a listen:

That was pretty damn good. Very good.

I am extremely disappointed in Jizzy. We've had our arguments in the past politically but to lie to me about the Stones makes me very sad. I'm hurt.

That version was very good. Sway is a studio song that would never translate well into an outdoor arena regardless of what year it is

Plus the studio versioni is heavy on the string section which they do not have on stage

We have all seen for ourselves and Jizzy is way wrong on this one
22nd September 2006 01:22 PM
not bound to please So - not so sweet virginia,

You really held onto two b stage tickets just in case you wanted to show up for three songs - and not give them to someone?

Tell me....

22nd September 2006 01:25 PM
monkey_man
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

[Edited by FotiniD]

Damn, I thought this sounded great. . . the camera work makes you dizzy though.
22nd September 2006 01:29 PM
SweetVirginia Here's a bit ot T&A that a Shidoobee posted:

22nd September 2006 01:31 PM
SweetVirginia Also this from Atyler78 over at Shidoobee:

22nd September 2006 01:39 PM
monkey_man
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Here's a bit ot T&A that a Shidoobee posted:

This sounds like complete shite! I hope they clean this up or drop it from their setlist.
22nd September 2006 02:00 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

This sounds like complete shite! I hope they clean this up or drop it from their setlist.

LOL! WOW that was a train wreck.
22nd September 2006 02:07 PM
SweetVirginia
Glencar has been saying all along that was the only low point of the show for him.

But given all tht has happened to him, I admire Keef for mixing up his songs.

Will T&A improve, or get dropped?

22nd September 2006 02:37 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Glencar has been saying all along that was the only low point of the show for him.

See, with me you get honesty. Not like some jizzy bastids!
22nd September 2006 03:17 PM
not bound to please
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
So - not so sweet virginia,

You really held onto two b stage tickets just in case you wanted to show up for three songs - and not give them to someone?

Tell me....

Once more with feeling!

Hey Ms. "Good Karma" newbie....give us a glimmer...

Anyone can text on a cell and send a few pics. You are a hero. Truly. Pat yourself on the back. The geek clique already have, Smashing.

Doing it for the kids, no?

22nd September 2006 03:42 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Thanks for posting that, SV! With a little rehearsal it'll be fine. I'd like to see them keep it, but drop the horns. I'm really hoping I get to see them play it. Hopefully they'll be inspired to set aside some serious rehearsal time in the next couple of weeks and polish up these tunes.
22nd September 2006 03:45 PM
telecaster Man, Little T&A sucked

Is Blondie officially one stage all the time now?

Great
22nd September 2006 04:19 PM
luxury1 new stuff from Gillette on RS.com. Video and pics. Pretty cool. I told you he had new dance moves.......
And that Keith is so fucking endearingly honest, you can forgive him any flaws/mistakes. I am convinced something was up with Charlie that night--I have never seen him smile so much, and he almost had a bit of machismo going behind the kit. I bet the new stuff had him energized. I cant wait till Giants....

22nd September 2006 04:33 PM
glencar
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
new stuff from Gillette on RS.com. Video and pics. Pretty cool. I told you he had new dance moves.......
And that Keith is so fucking endearingly honest, you can forgive him any flaws/mistakes. I am convinced something was up with Charlie that night--I have never seen him smile so much, and he almost had a bit of machismo going behind the kit. I bet the new stuff had him energized. I cant wait till Giants....

Mick is astounding in the new moves he makes. Howe does he manage?
22nd September 2006 04:40 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
new stuff from Gillette on RS.com. Video and pics. Pretty cool. I told you he had new dance moves.......

Absolutely. It must have been great fun for him to play all those hard-rockin' tunes that they haven't done in so long, as well as mixing it up, starting the show with Paint It Black, etc. He must have been in his glory! A welcome break for him (and for everyone) from the same old stuff every show. I'm still reeling from the fact that they did it!
22nd September 2006 04:52 PM
Bitch THANKS so much for posting the link POPLAR! Lots of great stuff that I never saw before! Cool!

THANK YOU FotiniD for SWAY, it was played that way in NY & London so it morphed from the original. I say IT'S GOOD!

THANKS to Sweet Virginia for LITTLE T&A, yep, that song was def rusty and dusty but no doubt with a bit of practice it will improve. I hope they play it in NJ, I love LITTLE T&A and BitchKeepsBitchin is my handle on Shidoobee & IORR, lol.

ROCKS OFF ROCKS!
22nd September 2006 04:57 PM
LadyJane Sway will not play for me!!

Too small of a clip to review Little T&A.

LJ
Keith sheep
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)