ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is it REALLY REALLY REALLY worthy? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
09-12-02 01:37 PM
Moonisup Thanks!! By the way, wich shows are you going to attend???
09-12-02 01:43 PM
jb Both Florida shows and a few others...I do not want to name cities as it could be dangerous given the threats made against me.
09-12-02 01:45 PM
Moonisup Yeah I've read them, I thought some of then where beyond any point and sad

rik
[Edited by Moonisup]
09-12-02 01:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot What are you JB? Some kind of little boy?

Grow a set and stand up for yourself!

You want me to believe that you can't defend yourself? Bullshit man. If someone gets in your face, shut them DOWN. If someone tries to do you some harm, kick their ass.

It's simple. You can be a man, or you can be a schoolboy.
09-12-02 01:57 PM
Moonisup I see what you mean
09-12-02 02:05 PM
jb SS...I am just goofing! C'mon..you know me better than that...this whole thread is a goof!
09-12-02 02:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot I know.....and now so does everyone else. Now maybe this thread can die.

I AM still mad at you for insulting my beloved Phillies though....you owe me big for that one.
09-12-02 02:13 PM
jb You finally beat us last night...we are battling you for 2nd place with a 71-74 record...pretty sad!
09-12-02 02:16 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Fine, lets just drop it....

Alright, man. Glad to hear ya talkin' sense!

Surely you can't mean the late great Tampa Bay Devil Rays beat the Phillies, can you?

Hahahaha!

Yankees all the way!

And lest we forget that other American pastime...

Hail... to.. the Redskins...

-tSYX --- Hail victory! Braves on the warpath, fight for old DC!
09-12-02 02:21 PM
jb It's the Florida Marlins.
09-12-02 02:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
It's the Florida Marlins.

Well, not as bad, but ne'ertheles...

Hahahaha!

I'd sing the Redskins song again but the beauty of young life (sometimes called Attention Deficit Disorder)

-tSYX --- Hail to the Redskins...
09-12-02 02:23 PM
sirmoonie I don't want this thread to die. There is some great work in this thread, including my Pulitzer caliber, Churchillianesque review of the United Center show and Dandelion's expressed desire to be spanked. No one has commented on the spanking and I feel that its something that, as a group, we should all touch upon.

Where are the Snowden's of yesteryear?
09-12-02 02:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Xyzzy...The Skins are about to meet their doom on Monday.

Yeah 71-75. Blech. The Phightings got off to a real shitty start...but once they got rid of the wet blanket Rolen, they've been pretty good. One of the better teams in the NL, in fact. Like just about everyone else who doesn't have the payroll of the Yankees or Braves, the pitching staff is pretty weak.

Honestly though, since all of the strike talk, and the advent of the Stones tour...I'm really not paying very close attention to baseball.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
09-12-02 02:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Xyzzy...The Skins are about to meet their doom on Monday.

Really? Then I suppose it must be to discuss how they and their doom are gonna team up and own the NFL this year!

-tSYX --- Aiii know, 's only Rock'n'roll but I like it...
09-12-02 03:23 PM
Martha
quote:
T.CentralScrutinizer wrote:
Hi.
I'm a stones fan.

Ok...
Then the below questions are (IMO) contradictory.

My question, finally: Will it (the concert) be worthy of the green stuff-

YES...emphatically.

Will the concert be really really really good?

No..it will be really really Really REALLY FUCKIN' GREAT!

I think it won't.

?????????????????????????????????

The guys had their peak and now they just want to be richer.

Please read the reviews written by fan and press alike they discount your theory entirely.

(There isn't even an entire new album to download in Limewire.)

So what?

Wouldn't it be more exciting to get drunk / stoned alongside a copy of "Gimme shelter", or to one of their really really really good albums?

How could that possibly compare to a live show...even under the worst conditions...and according to all the reviews..they are peaking again brother!

Oh... and I'm starting to think that Jagger, the man, is the biggest joke in existence.

No true Stones fan would ever say that.

But I am a fan.

See above comment.

I'd like to see them just because they are what they used to be... But, what about the music?

That IS the reason to see them...duh?!

The reason I'm working is to support my life, not somebody else's who just had their day.

Spend your money as you see fit. It won't make or break them my friend.

I had to get in on this thread even though I haven't even read all of it yet!

And want to see if my new avatar is working.
09-12-02 03:30 PM
Moonisup and it is great martha!!
09-12-02 03:48 PM
Joey " CYHMK - thank you very much my Stonesian Gods for playing this song for me. I won't forget it until my last alcohol soaked synapse atrophys into a knot that resembles Keith's face. Electric geetar! Help me baby, ain't no stranger.....god, I hope and pray that you all get to hear those lines! I don't have words to describe how incredible it was singing that along with my good friends Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. "

You have got me all giddy -- how was the sound ???? Hopefully the technicians have got it figured out by now .....no more turgid muddy low-end hum at the edges .

Are you going to Comiskey ???? Steelie tells me a " storm is threatening " ....." My ...... very life today "

Skittles

Skittles
09-12-02 04:12 PM
Nellcote Xy...The Redskins...Really??? You live in Bahston....

You have got to be trapped in a early 90's time zone..

It's The Pats....DON'T FORGET IT!!!
09-12-02 04:20 PM
sirmoonie Joseph, I didn't hear any of the sound problems you have told me about at UC. No hum, etc. The volume of the show wasn't very high, one of the quietest shows I've seen. Maybe that helped with the sound quality. Sound was fine.

All the other reviewers seem to say the crowd was high energy. Not to me. First, I don't think it was a sell-out. And many who were there was ballbaging it in their seats for most of the show. Many seemed not to know Stray Cat, Don't Stop, Faraway, etc. I think people got bored with Faraway, which really was one of the show's best. It was somewhat disturbing.

Heh, heh, I just remember when we were all mashed up about 4 deep against the railing when Mick was exiting the B, somehow the chick next to me's boobs came out of her skimpy tank top. I don't think she noticed until I pointed it out to her. She must have been whacked because she kind of smiled and ask me if I wanted to "pop them back in." No problemo babe. Glad I could help. In fact, if any ladies out there have those kind of difficulties, please find me. I'll take care of you. I'm good like that.

Can't make Comisk, although now that you mention it, it is very tempting to just hop on another plane and do it. Dilema. Dilemaing............arghhhhh.

Who is this "Steelie" person that you mentioned? Does she like to pound moof piss?
[Edited by sirmoonie]
09-12-02 04:38 PM
Joey " Can't make Comisk, although now that you mention it, it is very tempting to just hop on another plane and do it. Dilema. Dilemaing............arghhhhh. "

You's have justs gots to do it Moonie .................there will be PLENTY of seats available outside the gig -- Trust Me .

Skittles

09-12-02 04:42 PM
sirmoonie I'll go if you go. C'mon Joey, lets do it. Our C10 reputation will be all the more enhanced. In what way, I don't know......

We can crash at my brother's lakefront condo. He's a chiba friendly type as well, has the goodies on hand.

Pissing............
09-12-02 04:46 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
It's The Pats....DON'T FORGET IT!!!

Oh, I love The Pats too, root for them whenever I see them alone. They're a great team, 'specially Tom Brady and Adam Vinatari (however you spell his damn name - who cares, he can kick that ball, man!)

But if they play each other...

I know where my loyalties must lie.

-tSYX --- Fight for old DC!
09-12-02 04:47 PM
tumblingdice sir moonie strange no one has touched upon the spanking you mentioned. As a group I wonder are there enough females on here to allow us all as individuals to spank our own or do we have to share? Perhaps a spanking contest is in order. Oh dear I hope we can spank as good as we used to and have not turned into a formal shell of our spanking selves. Will the spankings be worth it one must wonder.
09-12-02 04:52 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
tumblingdice wrote:
sir moonie strange no one has touched upon the spanking you mentioned. As a group I wonder are there enough females on here to allow us all as individuals to spank our own or do we have to share? Perhaps a spanking contest is in order. Oh dear I hope we can spank as good as we used to and have not turned into a formal shell of our spanking selves. Will the spankings be worth it one must wonder.

I would say all y'all lack the young spark of spunk that I'm blessed with - but then I remembered, you're actually a bit younger than I am, tumblingdice! Aren't you? I'm 16, will be 17 this December 12 (Remember Ian Stuart!).

No matter - My spanking spunk and well-tendoned hands from wrecking them night after night on the bass can conquer all!

But if I won, what would I get? The lady? No dice, pardon the pun! Wouldn't be proper! Or, for that matter, legal!

Perhaps we should let the ladies auto-spank from the comfort of a FleetCenter box.

-tSYX --- Some girls give me jewlery, that I never thought I'd own!
09-12-02 04:55 PM
Moonisup well spanking, never tried that!! Would mich have spank Jerry, ore Marianne, ore the lisa!!
09-12-02 04:56 PM
tumblingdice No younger than you I am not, young one. pushing hard on the 30 but I must say I can spank just as good and just as long now as I ever did in my younger days. In fact at this point in the game us older ones have picked up more spanking techniques than you can even imagine at 17. Like Mick says if you Start Me Up,I'll never stop!!!!
09-12-02 05:01 PM
Moonisup hahaah dirty!! Well I could try to spank my girlfriend, but I don't think she likes it, she's 18
09-12-02 05:02 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
tumblingdice wrote:
No younger than you I am not, young one. pushing hard on the 30 but I must say I can spank just as good and just as long now as I ever did in my younger days. In fact at this point in the game us older ones have picked up more spanking techniques than you can even imagine at 17. Like Mick says if you Start Me Up,I'll never stop!!!!

But you see, I am young, spry and Irish! My creative juices flowing on the subject of spanking will result in some not-as-creative juices flowing!

Man, if James Joyce had gone into the sex industry, what would have happened to our society?

Gahhh! I'm shuddering just *thinking* about it!

-tSYX --- RAHNEEEEEEEEEEEE! (Shameless screaming moment over)
09-12-02 05:03 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
hahaah dirty!! Well I could try to spank my girlfriend, but I don't think she likes it, she's 18

And how old are you, Moon? Why would it make any difference?

We are not old men! We are not bothered by petty morals!

-tSYX --- Damnit. Well, "Can't You Hear Me Knocking"s instrumental is playing, and I need to voy al bano, so you can all just talk amongst yourselves as to what song I *could* have used for a quote.
09-12-02 05:06 PM
Moonisup I'm 19, turning 20 in December, well she is young, maybe I could try to spank her sometime during the song sexdrive ore jump on top of me
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7