ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is it REALLY REALLY REALLY worthy? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
09-10-02 09:51 PM
Soul Survivor I HATE u2!
09-10-02 09:58 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
I HATE u2!

why?

they are alright, not near the Stones but I like them and they are certainly better that a lot of other shit around at the moment.

Mark
09-10-02 10:01 PM
Soul Survivor "All That You Can't Leave Behind" is an OK album, but for the most part I can't stand Bono's voice, and whenever I see the Edge I want to punch him and tell him to stop being Mike Nesmith
09-10-02 11:00 PM
gypsymofo60 OK Dandy!....I'll take the bait! A.Whether or not you and tcs are one in the same is irrelevant, you're still a tosser! Secondly, if your good self, and Moonie have already covered this what's that got to do with me? I don't read every post old chap. Thirdly, I wasn't attempting to be humorous, I was suggesting a possible cure for your dreadful affliction, nothing personal old boy!..carry on!
09-11-02 07:21 AM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Soul Survivor wrote:
"All That You Can't Leave Behind" is an OK album, but for the most part I can't stand Bono's voice, and whenever I see the Edge I want to punch him and tell him to stop being Mike Nesmith

I love that - stop being Mike Nesmith. Rock on, Soulie - I agree 110%.

Papa Nez kicks ass, BTW.
09-11-02 09:49 AM
gypsymofo60 What happened to U2 anyway?....First there was 'BOY'(not bad), then there was 'October(sweet!)..Then came WAR(brill')..The Unforgettable Fire(Master peice) 'Wide Awake'(kick-arse), Joshua(exceptional), Rattle & Hum, on reflection maybe they should have called that 'Death Rattles & Hum because since then I don't even recognise them. Who are these people? 'All That you Can't Leave Behind'? I didn't have any trouble leaving it behind,, did you?
09-11-02 10:40 AM
glencar I think "Pop" was their low point. "All That You Can't Leave Behind" sounds pretty good from what I've heard of it. REM is the one that has bitten the dust.
09-11-02 10:41 AM
jb U2 has no respect for the Stones and I am sick of Bono making fun of Mick and Keith. They are only popular b/c of the stupidity of those in the 18-28 age category!
09-11-02 10:44 AM
glencar The same Bono who worked on Mick's solo album & couldn't stop saying how great the experience was? That's who's making fun of Mick? Get a grip, Josh. Or call a shrink.
09-11-02 10:49 AM
jb You get a grip punk! Don't you ever correct me! You and your bullshit support for the Beatles,U2, and the Eagles makes me sick. I despise you and hope you miss the remaining shows.
09-11-02 10:49 AM
jb .
[Edited by jb]
09-11-02 10:51 AM
glencar I DESPISE the Eagles. Like I said, get a grip, Josh. And when you stop making so many errors, we'll stop correcting you.
09-11-02 10:52 AM
jb Go off to the other board so you'll be protected..you are nothing but a fly on my ass...I will not let you ruin this site for me..please leave !
09-11-02 10:56 AM
glencar You still post over there. You ruined it for yourself with your dumbass avatar of two sleazeball pols surrounding a dolt. I never called for your removal or even the removal of the dopey avatar. Move on. Learn from it and move on.
09-11-02 11:04 AM
jb You seem to be the only one offended by the avatar here..even Riffhard, a conservative republican, has tolerance . You have ruined my reputation and caused me severe emotional distress. Please advise what airport you work at so I never fly there!
09-11-02 11:06 AM
glencar As I said above, I never complained at Shidoobee about your avatar. Stop lying. And I don't work "at" an airport. Let's hope your knowledge of the law is somewhat better than your knowledge of technology.
09-11-02 11:09 AM
jb I'm not lying! I never claimed you complained to Doug. I complained that you are intolerant of MY ideOlogy. Don't you dare call me a liar!
[Edited by jb]
[Edited by jb]
P.S.-Do you want to make up and be friends?
[Edited by jb]
09-11-02 11:18 AM
glencar Well, it occurs to me that I don't want to be fighting with people on this day. While I abhor your simple political ideology, I'll let it slide for the day. We'll have to try to get along. And if you ever fly into JFK, let me know...
09-11-02 11:18 AM
gypsymofo60 Boys, boys!....U2 remember? What I was going to say is I thought they were going to be the future of rock n' roll at one stage. I even liked Achtung Baby! But like you say 'POP' was dreadful, and so was'Zooropa'for that matter. So who is the future of rock? As you say R.E.M have relinquished the crown, Pearl Jam had one good album, The Gunners were the great white hope! Who is there to take the crown? The Stones are still holding it! Do we have to accept a future where 'The Backstreet Boys'are considered a rock group?
09-11-02 11:21 AM
jb Then lets call a truce and start over again. We obviously have 1 thing in common-the stones...that's a good start! Your insecure friend-Jooshy!
09-11-02 11:22 AM
Sir Stonesalot JB, you look like you're heading into TMI or Cheyrnobl territory.
09-11-02 11:35 AM
glencar OK, truce is fine. And don't ahssle me cuz I don't hate the Beatles. Or U2.

Gypsy, I don't know who will take the mantle or why it's necessary for someone to do it. Maybe we're in for an era of one hit wonders. The Strokes did some good last year.
09-11-02 11:45 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
glencar wrote:
OK, truce is fine. And don't ahssle me cuz I don't hate the Beatles. Or U2.

Gypsy, I don't know who will take the mantle or why it's necessary for someone to do it. Maybe we're in for an era of one hit wonders. The Strokes did some good last year.

...It's all very well to have a couple of good songs/albums, but nobody's got that aura, d'ya know what I mean?....The Gunners had it , but Jagger was right! They imploded as he predicted they would. You need that outlaw defience, that don't give a fuck attitude without the hysterics of todays prima-donnas. I think it's over after this lot, I think Lenny Kravitz is right! Rock n' roll is dead!
09-11-02 11:51 AM
jb I thought about it, and it was wrong to have such animosity given the significance of this date.
09-11-02 11:52 AM
Moonisup U2 is a very sad band!!! Kravitz is actually ok! Rock 'n' roll issssssssss dead, well he's right about that!! But blues is also dead (I love to hear the blues, played by the stones, hmmmmmm manish boy)

Rik
09-11-02 11:56 AM
jb Hello Rik,
I am sorry that some have attacked you for being my friend. I think you are a very intelligent young person with a great sense of humor . I will understand, however, if you don't want to be friends, as I know how difficult it is to be hated by people who post here. You are a fine young man and I wish you much health and prosperity..Long live Holland and the Stones!!!
09-11-02 12:01 PM
Moonisup I think we are friends, and I won't let you down, and I think it is sad that people are always attacking you and someothers, I have read I have put my nose in your ass!! Well that is sad ain't it????

Your dutch friend rik
09-11-02 12:03 PM
jb Thank you Rik....I have been called a lot worse...don't let these few evil doers upset you. They are Beatle and U2 fans and they must be smoked out of their caves , just like the Taliban!
09-11-02 12:07 PM
Moonisup well, ok!!
09-11-02 12:09 PM
Riffhard Rock is dead.Long live rock.

I don't think rock is dead.Quite to the contrary.Rock music like fashion is cicular.What's old is new again and all that.There are a few bands bringing it all back home so to speak.The Hives-Veni,Vedi,Vicious and The Vines-Highly Evolved are good examples of piss and vinegar rock and roll.The Srokes disk is good too.
Rock music will never die,so long as kids cotinue to thawrt authority and give the finger to their parents,rock will thrive.

Riffhard
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7