ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

FleetCenter,Boston, MA September 3, 2002
by Kevin Mazur

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Is it REALLY REALLY REALLY worthy? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
09-08-02 09:13 PM
ginda Nankerphelge -

"Stormy in drag." You took the words right out of my mouth.
09-08-02 09:16 PM
Jaxx >>Do not worship everything the band produces as if its a gift from the gods. Errare Humanum Est.

if thats directed at me, i don't. i already ranted on how they evolved. i mentioned musical genres they have played studio as well as live. most folks here agree that ER is crap, but its still disco and there's still the trademark buddy holly rifforama on that dog.
but that is beside the point. what i think is crap others here think is great music and visa versa. while i enjoy VL i don't hold it in as high esteem as others. i enjoy TSMR, most folks don't. i'm a closet undercover lover. so sue me.

i assure you this concert will gross mega bucks. the folks at this forum are too wise and jaded for blind allegiance and something as superficial as hero worship. ultimately it IS about the music and whether it is enjoyed or not is a purely subjective thing.
09-08-02 09:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh fuck you pal!

If we want to worship them, and cheer every time they fart...that's our perogative.

Who the fuck are you to come here and dictate to us how we should act, or feel about this band..

You wanna find out if the Stones are still worth it? Spend the $100.00 for a fucking ticket, like the rest of us, and find out. That's the only way you are gonna get your question answered to your "Satisfaction".

Some of us do enjoy the band's later output. We don't really give a fuck if you like it or not. If you don't like it, don't fucking listen to it. It's very fucking simple. But don't you fucking dare to tell me, or anyone else here what is good and what isn't. We can all decide that for ourselves, without your pompous ass telling us how to think.

Eat a steaming bowl of my fuck, asshole.
09-08-02 09:29 PM
ginda There's the SS I know & love! First the steaming bowl and next...the shoes.
09-08-02 09:29 PM
Nellcote STOP THIS MADNESS!!!!

Look, I was witness Recovering Blazing Ronnie Wood side
for two nights here in Beantown, six songs at the b stage, myself and several others from Doug's board.

To get the Up Close and Personal on songs such as

Mannish Boy
Neighbors
Brown Sugar
Shattered
Beast of Burden
Miss You..

Look, how many genres of music do you want with that list.
They all were killer....the group was tight, Jagger throwing off queues...Absolutely amazing!

Really now, get yer arse out of the "best of the Stones"
period, so called, get into all of them, or get to the
Moby boards....
09-08-02 09:31 PM
Jaxx that was the "velvet gloves off" version of what i just said, sirstonesalot. holy beejeebees. and here i've been applauding your restraint. LOL. i'll save it for another time......

he can say what he wants. its his opinion. lets try not to flame him to a charbroil. we don't allow that here.....
09-08-02 09:42 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh fuck you pal!

Oh I'm scared!!!

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
If we want to worship them, and cheer every time they fart...that's our perogative.

That's fine for me. Although I wouldn't care about their gastrointestinal noises that much.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Who the fuck are you to come here and dictate to us how we should act, or feel about this band..

Who are you to speak for everybody in this forum, shithead? I have been willing to apologise for two stupid things I said about Jagger, but you appear in your shiny armor to claim for the roaring crowd that supports you. Fuck you, asshole, and the cavalry that's right ahead of you. You're willing to pay $100.00 for a fucking seat? You make me laugh, I thought that the price was higher than that. Poor bastard.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Eat a steaming bowl of my fuck, asshole.

Right on, bitch. I bet you need "compleat domination".
09-08-02 09:50 PM
Nellcote The nuns always taught me that Jesus Christ was born on Christmas Day, not today.

WTF??

09-08-02 09:54 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer And Ginda, dear friend. What's with your deviant attention towards the steam of sir stonesalot's bowl of fuck? I bet you can hardly contain yourself.
09-08-02 09:57 PM
Jaxx
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The nuns always taught me that Jesus Christ was born on Christmas Day, not today.
WTF??

for a born again christian JC is born everyday. however, good question, because i am WTFing the language out of this guy. we all know what sir stonesalot is made of, but that language from a guy with that JC tagline is a little incongruent to me.

i want to remind you guys that we have minors here and lets try to argue responsibly. lets not flame and desescrate each other. our friend here, whether the stormster or not got the reaction he wanted. lets chill. no need for name calling and profanity. thanks!
09-08-02 09:59 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Jesus was born today!

And every day!

Jesus surfs without a board!

And T.Central, no matter what Mick says, no one's "got to get into a fight" here. You've raised a few legitimate questions here - don't get them lost in between yelling matches.

-tSYX --- There's a hole where yo' nose used to be!
09-08-02 10:02 PM
Nellcote Sorry for the theolgy screw up.

You must understand, the nuns had their way with my head...
Until...

The first time I heard Stray Cat Blues, back in the 60's

Then, they could not contain my mind.

Out in public school by 7th grade.

The rest is history....

Every now and then, I still get Nun related Black & White flashbacks, so now you know the rest of the story...
09-08-02 10:40 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahhh, guys like this fuckwit are such a joke.

He claims to be such a big fan, and then slags on the front man. Then he turns around and says he really only likes a few of the Stones albums...yeah, a real fan. Doesn't even know if he should go to a show or not. Pure fuckwit crap if I ever heard it.

Oh, and BTW, I wasn't trying to scare you. I was telling you to fuck off. Is that the same thing to you?

Why do I speak for others? So they don't have to. All they have to do is sit back and cheer. I'm more than willing to dirty my hands for the good folks here. It's my gift to them...because I care.

You I could care less about. You are just a 2 faced troll. My only regret is that I bought your story at the beginning. I should have recognized you sooner for the troll you are.

I apologize to the board for letting my vigilance down. I'll try to do better in the future.
09-08-02 10:50 PM
gypsymofo60 This is a ruse!.....If that's not Patti Smith in disguise I'll go he. Hey SS! And you thought my little bitch about 40 licks was bad!
09-08-02 10:53 PM
tumblingdice go sir stonesy protector of the board. We tried responding nicely but he just kept a trolling and not even making much sense at that.
09-08-02 11:00 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Why do I speak for others? So they don't have to. All they have to do is sit back and cheer. I'm more than willing to dirty my hands for the good folks here. It's my gift to them...because I care.

Get a life, dude.
09-08-02 11:03 PM
gypsymofo60 There's only one thing worse than a sanctamonius fuckwit, and that's a fucking intellectual poseur!
09-08-02 11:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot Gahhhh!

Dammit Gmofo, you just made coffee squirt out my nose!
09-08-02 11:10 PM
sirmoonie I'm just sorry I wasn't around to back you up Stoney.

Fuck this ballbag sonofabitch! I smelled him coming when I was just tweaking around at work. Until this scumbag apologizes for what he said about Mick, he can go vorpisserate in a petri dish of his own smelching filth. I despise him like a West Nile virus carrying maggot.

TCS, you say shit like that about Mick again and I'll make you eat....I'll make you eat your....I'll come down there and stuff your fucking shoes down your gizzard!
09-08-02 11:11 PM
JaggaRichards Spend the money and GO!!!
You'll be thanking us for telling you so later.........
09-08-02 11:30 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I'm just sorry I wasn't around to back you up Stoney.

Was he / she speaking in a sort of gay code?

This is getting both interesting and unintentionally funny. Highly ilustrative about the intelligence of the average "stones fan", bar some notable, sensitive exceptions. Therefore, the music must be good because it appeals to the intelligent fan and it is worth the price of entrance.
09-08-02 11:35 PM
gypsymofo60 When I was at 'Caius College Oxford' I knew at least three 'Rhodes Scholars' who were Stones devotees. 'Jumpin' Jack Flash', and special relativity.....
09-08-02 11:36 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Until this scumbag apologizes for what he said about Mick

I have, but I couldn't care less if you, pathetic excuse of a stones fanatic, actually knew how to read.
09-08-02 11:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh please.
09-09-02 12:15 AM
littleredrooster TCS,
This is a very liberal community.
I've had enough of your trolling flames.

Most of the people here agree with Sir Stoney

May you be consumed by the flames in the background of my avatar!

And.......BITE MY LITTLE RED ROOSTER !!!!!
09-09-02 12:51 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

i am WTFing the language out of this guy. we all know what sir stonesalot is made of, but that language from a guy with that JC tagline is a little incongruent to me.

I'm finding it harder to reconcile the Frank Zappa name drop handle with the Big Star tagline.

09-09-02 01:23 AM
Stonesthrow It is monsoon season so it's only natural to have a Storm. Into every life a little rain must fall. BTW, I have it on good authority that the T. in T. Central Scrutinizer stands for troll. Have you ever considered being a CIA deep undercover agent whose mission would be to foment political unrest in Iraq? That job would fit you to a T.
09-09-02 02:46 AM
CHIEFMOON The band is more than worthy of their fan's attendance at concerts.
And after all, it is not an everyday occurence so it hardly amounts to worship.

What I have seen alot of however, are a lot of UNWORTHY "fans",
who do nothing but bitch and moan like the clown that started this thread.

Go preach your nonsense elsewhere.
09-09-02 08:26 AM
Sir Stonesalot I KNEW there was a reason that you were made a CHIEF!

BTW, great pic from the Orpheum. Yours?
09-09-02 08:35 AM
nankerphelge Yep - definitely the Storm! He can try repackaging under another name (again) but the stench is the same.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7