ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 30th, 2005 10:17 PM
Bloozehound I just got off the el phono with my good friend, tejano superstar Joe Bravo and he said to me, "Chingar bloozie, these he man ER haters clubs are for serious white boys"

for reals, thats what he said
August 30th, 2005 10:48 PM
sirmoonie I agree with SS. The Stones are indeed white people. But not one of them has ever been proven to be German. Not even an ancestory of such a thing.
August 30th, 2005 11:02 PM
gypsy
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I agree with SS. The Stones are indeed white people. But not one of them has ever been proven to be German. Not even an ancestory of such a thing.

Keith's love of German women is pretty strong though.
August 30th, 2005 11:29 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh moonie...the Stones are not simply white people. They are LILY white people. White as Casper the Ghost eating marshmallows in a blinding snow squall type of white.

This is not to say that the Stones do not respect the black man because they surely do. They attempt blackness. But no matter how hard they try to be black, they will still be white. The whiteness always shines through. That's just the way it is.

And that whiteness surely shines through on er.

August 30th, 2005 11:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh moonie...the Stones are not simply white people. They are LILY white people. White as Casper the Ghost eating marshmallows in a blinding snow squall type of white.

This is not to say that the Stones do not respect the black man because they surely do. They attempt blackness. But no matter how hard they try to be black, they will still be white. The whiteness always shines through. That's just the way it is.

Howe white were the Rolling Stones? I guess thats the question were are all grappling with. Just howe white were these Rolling Stones?
August 31st, 2005 12:44 AM
Sir Stonesalot I have grown to accept my whiteness. And therefore, I accept the Stones whiteness.

It's just a matter of accepting the limits that come with being white.

I mean, sure, I can swill down a 40 of Colt .45...but I prefer Miller High Life in 12 oz longnecks. And that's OK. Sure, it's white as all git out, but I'm white. I'm not afraid to admit it.
August 31st, 2005 12:47 AM
parmeda Yoo Hoo...SS?

Look at what I found! http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/07%2D15%2D2002/99379-1.html
...by accident, LMAO!

When I find the thing I'm really looking for...you'd better duck
August 31st, 2005 12:56 AM
sirmoonie I think we can all agree, even the homosexuals who continue to believe George Walker Bush III is a conservative, that the Rolling Stones were never more white than when they covered My Girl.

None more white.

They were as white as this screen (if it were on white).

"Whats the matter, don't you damn white boys boogie?"
August 31st, 2005 02:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have grown to accept my whiteness. And therefore, I accept the Stones whiteness.

It's just a matter of accepting the limits that come with being white.

I mean, sure, I can swill down a 40 of Colt .45...but I prefer Miller High Life in 12 oz longnecks. And that's OK. Sure, it's white as all git out, but I'm white. I'm not afraid to admit it.

Fuck that. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery.

Be like a white Jonathan Livingston Seagull. Or like Tom Cruise on the finest, crystal white Prozac.

There. Now, here are the soothing words of my good friend DJ Quick. Aigghtt here goes:

Yeah motherfucker right back up on your ass
I hid in the bushes and I crept up through the grass
What you running for bitch? You fake Irish faggot
You got a big booty Everlast let me tag it
Cause you look like a Roman but you try to clown
I kicked you in your ass that's why you jump around
So don't try to fuck with a Compton nigga
And I'mma tell you who's Daddy fuck with a trigga
Now Daddy is the nigga getting head from your Mommy
Daddy is the nigga with the gun like a tommy
Daddy is the nigga that you wanna be like
And Daddy is the nigga with your shit on his nikes
So don't be scared just be prepared
For when you dis a nigga that you won't be spared
Little white boy how the fuck you figure
No you can't fuck with a nigga

(You can't fuck with a nigga)
(Thinking you wanna fade me)
(Mark Killer)
(Fool you crazy)
(Can't fuck with a nigga)
(Motherfuckers just like you)
(You'd better step before I beat you with a switch)
(Fool you crazy)

Now there's a certain type of nigga that can make you sick
Motherfucking booty and ain't saying shit
But you have to start to stepping you ain't got no style
Your white is showing like Belinda Carlyle
And the only way that you can be cool
Is if you jump your ass in the pool
Mr. Everlast went up to the Hill
To steal a style from the brother B-real
Then these no-talent fools out here getting breaks
Who the fuck better make these wack-ass tapes
The homie said squash it and just let it slide
But I gotta shoot ëem down in the middle of the ride
I heard your head was big but I can still crush it
Every check you lay you know we have to flush it
Fuck it pass me the brew and let me swig a
Uhh it's the funky white nigga

(No you can't fuck with a nigga)
(Fool you crazy)
(Can't fuck with a nigga)
(Fool you crazy)
(You're a punk motherfucker with a
punk mother fucking crew)

The black fool from the other side
Watch me when I who-ride
Creeping up on you from the blind side
Now here we go hoe yo niggas bring it on
Four dogs barking in a dawn
Hey watch em all catch all your homies when they fall
Nothing but bullet holes left in the wall
KA tripping never caught slipping
Throwing three fingers to the fools that's [censored]
Say nigga don't you know what's up?
Coming up on to get you fucked up
Knuckle or the belt-buckle which way you want it?
It really don't matter I'm a be all up on it
KK all the way from LA
Still the same nigga up to no good
I'm signing out D Quik and my nigga Hi-C
Yo you can't fuck with a G

(Fool you crazy)
(Mark Killer)
(Fool you crazy)
(You're a punk motherfucker with a punk gun)

Best ass rap song I ever did hear......
August 31st, 2005 11:56 AM
texile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh moonie...the Stones are not simply white people. They are LILY white people. White as Casper the Ghost eating marshmallows in a blinding snow squall type of white.

lol......i'm a soul freak - and i can love the stones because they can get funky;

for real though, blooze?
August 31st, 2005 01:57 PM
Sir Stonesalot I know where you are coming from texy. But my point is that the Stones don't do soul or funk or reggae, or even blues...they do white approximations of such. And that is not quite the same thing. Whiteboy Soul, Honkey Funk, Cracker Blues, Snowflake Reggae....semantics? Sure thing. But it's the truth all the same. The funny thing is that I don't mind some of the examples of the above in the Stones back catalogue. For instance I like Luxury, but I'm not crazy about Cherry Oh Baby. I like Beast of Burden, but I'm not a big Waiting on a Friend fan. Does it make sense? Not really. It's just the way it is. You either accept that about me or you don't. I don't care either way.

Parmy...OK, I don't like the album much either. I like 2 or 3 songs, but mostly it's about the song emotional rescue. If that particular song wasn't on the album, I'd probably dislike the album a lot less. Just that single song's appearance is enough to drag everything it touches down in the hole of swirling suckdom.

And you know, er almost isn't even the worst song on the album! Indian Girl gives it a real run for it's money. But it's er by a turd.

Now I must go cleanse myself in a hot shower.

August 31st, 2005 02:03 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I know where you are coming from texy. But my point is that the Stones don't do soul or funk or reggae, or even blues...they do white approximations of such. And that is not quite the same thing. Whiteboy Soul, Honkey Funk, Cracker Blues, Snowflake Reggae....semantics? Sure thing. But it's the truth all the same. The funny thing is that I don't mind some of the examples of the above in the Stones back catalogue. For instance I like Luxury, but I'm not crazy about Cherry Oh Baby. I like Beast of Burden, but I'm not a big Waiting on a Friend fan. Does it make sense? Not really. It's just the way it is. You either accept that about me or you don't. I don't care either way.

You should be ashamed of yourself! You spread the greatest nonsense I've ever read on this board!

August 31st, 2005 03:08 PM
texile don't start with indian girl sir - those are fighting words .....
i will defend the greatness of this song to my death;

i can empathize with your white man's chagrin....but i think the stones have thier own signiture soul....it ain't james brown but it's authentic in its own way - because mick and keith absorb this shit - they don't just mimic and it becomes something original...STONSEY.
August 31st, 2005 06:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot >You spread the greatest nonsense I've ever read on this board!<

Gee thanks! That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

Wanna fuck?
August 31st, 2005 07:05 PM
Some Guy Hooh Hooh Hooh Hooh Hooh Hooh Hooh!
September 1st, 2005 03:37 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>You spread the greatest nonsense I've ever read on this board!<

Gee thanks! That's one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.

Wanna fuck?

Having seen your picture: no.

Try Glenn Frey.
September 1st, 2005 05:38 AM
Zeeta Maybe this is a reason to detest:

"Is there nothing I can say, nothing I can do
To change your mind, I'm so in love with you?
You're too deep in, you can't get out
You're just a poor girl in a rich man's house

Yeah, baby, I'm crying over you

Don't you know promises were never made to keep?
Just like the night, they dissolve up in sleep
I'll be your savior, steadfast and true
I'll come to your emotional rescue

Yeah, the other night, crying
Crying, baby, yeah, yeah I'm crying
Yeah, like a child, baby, I'm like a child, baby
Like a child, yeah, I'm like a child, like a child, like a child, like a child

You think you're one of a special breed
You think that you're his pet Pekinese

Yeah, I was dreaming last night, baby
Last night I was dreaming
How you'd be mine but I was crying like a child
Yeah, I was crying, crying like a child

You could be mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, all mine
You could be mine, could be mine, could be mine, all mine

I come to you, so silent in the night
So stealthy, so animal quiet

Yeah, you should be mine, mine

Yes, you could be mine tonight and every night
I will be your knight in shining armor coming to your emotional rescue

You will be mine, you will be mine, all mine

I will be your knight in shining armor
Riding across the desert on a fine Arab charger"

It's the LYRICS!

OK as a whole they're pretty odious lyrics but these two sections make me barf:

"Yeah, the other night, crying
Crying, baby, yeah, yeah I'm crying
Yeah, like a child, baby, I'm like a child, baby
Like a child, yeah, I'm like a child, like a child, like a child, like a child"

Yes it may accompany some superb sax but it's so, so homoerotic it's untrue man! And this:

"I will be your knight in shining armor
Riding across the desert on a fine Arab charger"

It's just disgusting and uncool.

Perhaps if falsetto is to be used, and it definitely has a place, then the lyrics should not consist of the above.

Too much gayness all at once!

The album rocks, you can actually hear the coke on Charlie's snare! Jagger's faux cockney accent leaves a lot to be desired especially on Where the Boys All Go but Charlie's drum pummeling saves the day.

To conclude:

So yes Emotional Rescue (Song) is rubbish

Emotional Rescue (Album) is good(ish)

[Edited by Zeeta]
September 1st, 2005 10:57 AM
Gazza "You think you're one of a special breed
You think that you're his pet Pekinese "

you're kiddin' me, right?

"Pet Pekinese * "????

That's what he's saying??

Christ, its worse than I thought!!

(* awaits onslaught of "pug" photos from the usual suspects...)
September 1st, 2005 04:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot This club keeps getting cooler.

Welcome aboard to my pal Zeeta! 'Zup dawg!
September 1st, 2005 05:30 PM
texile its the emotion zeeta, not the poetic precision....
that's WHY i love the song - jagger MAKES these words mean something - something simple......and real.
give it UP! you're outnumbered!
September 2nd, 2005 02:46 AM
beer
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I know where you are coming from texy. But my point is that the Stones don't do soul or funk or reggae, or even blues...they do white approximations of such. And that is not quite the same thing. Whiteboy Soul, Honkey Funk, Cracker Blues, Snowflake Reggae....semantics? Sure thing. But it's the truth all the same.

Then that certainly means that The Stones don't do Rock and Roll, either. They do white approximations of it, which is not the real deal, right?

-
September 2nd, 2005 06:04 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
This club keeps getting cooler.

Welcome aboard to my pal Zeeta! 'Zup dawg!

I'm good my man!

Emotional Rescue is just a piece of poo and a rather smelly one at that.

There's no "emotion" on ER (the song) Textile, it's drippy, dripping bile.

Jagger's good at making crap sound good, but I'm unsure how ANYONE could make those lyrics covincing, genuine or unlike a sex pest's come-on!

[Edited by Zeeta]
September 2nd, 2005 07:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Then that certainly means that The Stones don't do Rock and Roll, either. They do white approximations of it, which is not the real deal, right?<

Wrong. White people helped to develope rock and roll. Rock and roll isn't black or white....it's both. Bill Haley, Buddy Holly, Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, they were all right there with people of color making this big noise. Nice try beer. But you oughta know better man.

Zeeta! er's lyrics are awful. But the delivery of those lyrics is even worse. Complete and total pose. Insincere tripe. Crap. Complete and utter crap.
September 3rd, 2005 01:31 AM
texile what a cold bunch.....lol;
September 3rd, 2005 08:12 AM
beer Know better than what? Know better than to disagree with your opinions? i think the quoted post is silly.
That's my opinion.

-
September 3rd, 2005 08:29 PM
IrelandCalling4 'Dia dhuit' to one an' all..

Yikes,I won't be joining the club,as I be one of those who has a liking(if not a love) for ER(to restore it's capitals!).

The ER album opus as a whole divides stones fans like almost no other(well,maybe DW,though 4 of the tracks onm that are superb!),and,it sure ain't one of my favourites. Exceptions are the wonderful "All About You",the excellent "Dance",and,yes,"Emotional Rescue". Maybe it's kitshcy,an odd fascination,but,it just grooves. The lyrics are enjoyable,save for that god-awful "Arab Charger/Knight in Shining Armour" outro,which is woeful.

It's a good track though,even sublime in parts--cue the sax and the "I was dreaming last night.." sections of the song.That's when it really comes togethar & shines..

ER!
September 3rd, 2005 08:34 PM
texile amen ireland....
September 3rd, 2005 09:30 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Know better than what?<

No, I don't care if you disagree with my opinions.

But you should obviously know better than to try to claim that rock n roll is a black music form. It isn't a black music form, and that isn't an opinion, it's a fact. Yes, black people had a hand in it's beginnings...but so did white people. Ergo it is not strictly a black music form.

White people had nothing to do with Blues, Soul, Funk, or Reggea...ergo they are black music forms. Once again, that's not opinion, it's fact.

What IS opinion is my assertion that white people can't play black music forms properly. There are some obvious exceptions, as with anything, but I stand by that remark. White people play white approximations of black music forms. Sometimes they are pretty good approximations, sometimes they are not. But it's not the real deal. That is the way I see it. Please feel free to disagree with that part all you like.
September 3rd, 2005 11:02 PM
sirmoonie Black is the new white.
September 4th, 2005 02:43 AM
LadyJane I have a question for the He-Men....

What's your take on LIND???

BTW,,I like "Emotional Rescue", the single.

Face it guys/boys Mick KNOWS how to push Female buttons....always has.....always will....mine is a totally different perspective.....hopefully......just as relevant.

LJ.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)