ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 28th, 2005 06:29 PM
Some Guy So it looks like there is what 3 people in the club.
August 28th, 2005 06:38 PM
T&A
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
So it looks like there is what 3 people in the club.

that's what it appears to be. A chairman, vice chairman....and, er...janitor I guess. club dances ought to be interesting. nice work SSA!
August 28th, 2005 07:17 PM
Some Guy The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club is a bust!
August 28th, 2005 07:57 PM
Gazza
quote:
gypsy wrote:

I don't think it's "gay" if you like Mick's falsetto. I have many straight male friends who love to do "Emotional Rescue" when we karaoke.

I DO like Mick's falsettoes (Worried About You, Heaven, Tops, etc). I dont have a problem with them in general. Christ, I've enough soul/Motown stuff in my record collection to suggest I'm hardly a neanderthal in that respect

August 28th, 2005 08:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
So it looks like there is what 3 people in the club.

And where two or three people are gathered in My Name, I shall be in the midst of them, and I will pray with them and the Father will not refuse anything to those who pray with Me Matthew, Chapter 8

Quality, not quantity

If two or three members is good enough for the Son of God, its good enough for us.....!

August 28th, 2005 08:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
And where two or three people are gathered in My Name, I shall be in the midst of them, and I will pray with them and the Father will not refuse anything to those who pray with Me Matthew, Chapter 8

Quality, not quantity

If two or three members is good enough for the Son of God, its good enough for us.....!

Jesus Christ, it's the Oak Ridge Boys!
August 28th, 2005 08:28 PM
Gazza That should be their next album title!!
August 28th, 2005 08:36 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I DO like Mick's falsettoes (Worried About You, Heaven, Tops, etc). I dont have a problem with them in general. Christ, I've enough soul/Motown stuff in my record collection to suggest I'm hardly a neanderthal in that respect

I know you're not a neanderthal - SS is though.
August 28th, 2005 09:18 PM
texile

hold on dudette,

so your nick is like a texas-exile mix

a texas exile kinda thingy

I was thinking you worked in a cotten gin or someshit

I met tejano superstar joe bazos tonight

dunno who the fuck he was either, but it was fun shit
[/quote]

deep shit huh? technically, i'm a texican....

yeah, tejanos are fun as shit!
they act like rock stars - with thier tejano suits and guitars, staying up all night - they're crazy and funny....
i missed the stones houston gig in 2003 because my band opened for flaco jimenez on the same night - my stones friend was pissed, but this was a matter of 3 degrees of
separation - flaco played on VL, so that was cool enough to miss the stones for me........

August 28th, 2005 10:35 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
texile wrote:

h

deep shit huh? technically, i'm a texican....

yeah, tejanos are fun as shit!
they act like rock stars - with thier tejano suits and guitars, staying up all night - they're crazy and funny....
i missed the stones houston gig in 2003 because my band opened for flaco jimenez on the same night - my stones friend was pissed, but this was a matter of 3 degrees of
separation - flaco played on VL, so that was cool enough to miss the stones for me........

coolers

I've seen Flaco several times, last time was in Luckenbach right after Waylon jennings died, Flaco headlined the Waylon memorial chili cookoff.

Flaco was drunk as a shit

alot of peeps don't like that song he was on on VL sweethearts, but I think it rules

I finally figured who the tejano superstar I met last night was, couldn't remember his last name, it was Joe Bravo

http://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/pid/3344178/a/30+Playboy+Hits.htm

HaHaHa!

Joes the man!

I'm going to have to pick that cd up jsut for shits and giggles

[Edited by Bloozehound]
August 28th, 2005 11:42 PM
Navin
No one mentioned the promo video(s) as yet :

There are 3-4 versions:

- A full-thermo version. There is also one for "Where the Boys Go"

- A regular version. Showing the band + Bobby Keyes, mostly from a really good "knees up" angle most of the time, blowing his sax, and as someone mentioned here, the fadeout is great. Mick is great, and shakes his ass real well once, he also has a cool way of getting out of the room at the end and introducing himself at the beginning. The "boys" look great and are in line-up version : Ron Wood and Keith Richards are as good as it gets

- A half-thermo version. This is a mixture of both the above-mentioned versions.

- And finally, a video-edit of the half-thermo version which is most notably found on the "Video-Rewind" home video - it should satisfy most here who both hate the song but might like to check it out as it is really short and well-edited.
August 28th, 2005 11:59 PM
texile love those videos from ER......she's so cold is my favorite - jagger was fast and frantic like the song.
yeah blooze - it was sad....
flaco was like this old guy being lead around by everyone, but always smiling - barely playing.....very fucked up - like keith in the 70s.....propped up on stage - then lead off.......he signed my poster though - reminded me of my perpetually drunk uncle.....happy as shit too.
August 29th, 2005 12:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot > Aside from TY it's the best album the Stones did in the 80's<

OK, one last time for you dipshits who can't fuckin' read...

It's the SONG. Not the album...THE SONG.

And with just Gazza, Flea, and myself in the club...that already makes it the coolest club on the planet.

And just a small observation...there's some people around here who could use a sense of humor transplant.

And now for something completely different....

Gypsy...I know what you are thinking. You can do your best. And I'll love you for it...repeatedly...but never the song. Never ever the song.

And I'm not a Neanderthal. I'm Cro Mag all the way.
August 29th, 2005 01:16 AM
texile
quote:
Col wrote:

I didn't used to like the "knight in shining armour bit". But now I hear it as Mick trying to hypnotise the woman he's singing about to be his. I started liking it a lot better when I heard it like this. Try listening to it again with that in mind, you might like it a tiny wee bit more. Emotional Rescue is a great song!

yeah col - i remember my friend loving that part especially.....she said it was like he was hypnotizing somebody....and i so i heard it in a different way after that........
oh, sorry sir - didn't mean to ignore you but what did you say? can't hear ya....too many dissenting voices.
maybe you can start a lonely-hearts-club-band-of-3-that-hates ER-club.....
August 29th, 2005 01:46 AM
beer I love the song. The bass is cool, totally dig the drums, and the sax is killer. The vocals and lyrics might be kinda weak, but so what.

It's definetly not one of my favorite Stones songs and it's nowhere near their best, but it has a certain mood to it kinda like side 2 of Tattoo You.

-
August 29th, 2005 02:20 AM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
> Aside from TY it's the best album the Stones did in the 80's<

OK, one last time for you dipshits who can't fuckin' read...

It's the SONG. Not the album...THE SONG.

And now for something completely different....

Gypsy...I know what you are thinking. You can do your best. And I'll love you for it...repeatedly...but never the song. Never ever the song.

And I'm not a Neanderthal. I'm Cro Mag all the way.

Yeah, I am also a little annoyed at the fuckwits who thought you were referring to the album and not the song.

Baby, I know you're a Cro Mag...that's why I'm in love with you.

YES!

Oh. And I thought you hated the song "Miss You" more than "Emotional Rescue."
August 29th, 2005 04:14 AM
Sleepy London Clown "emotional resQ" is f******g awful!!!!!!! It's the only Stones single I'd be embarrassed to play in front of friends.......... it sucks big time!!!
August 29th, 2005 04:39 AM
Poplar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ER is a great album,

DUH!!!! Of course it is!!!!

[Edited by Poplar]
August 29th, 2005 09:14 AM
Bloozehound When your in doubt over which path to choose in life, just ask yourself, "What would Joe Bravo do ?"

Then you'll know what to do
August 29th, 2005 09:18 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
beer wrote:
I love the song. The bass is cool, totally dig the drums, and the sax is killer. The vocals and lyrics might be kinda weak, but so what.

It's definetly not one of my favorite Stones songs and it's nowhere near their best, but it has a certain mood to it kinda like side 2 of Tattoo You.

-

Words!!

ER haters are often Winning Ugly lovers!!

August 29th, 2005 09:57 AM
Trey Krimsin Folks, it's the song that Sir Stonesalot is expressing his hate for, not the album.

I will defend my love for ER to my last dying breath with guns blazing and swords drawn. Besides, with a fully drawn woman like this, how can I lose?

[Edited by Trey Krimsin]
August 29th, 2005 12:02 PM
texile actually - i think the initial point was quite clear - you're just trying smokescreen the fact that you're club is a bust.....AND the fact that you "hate" miss you.....oh man - if i would have known that before - this thread would have made more sense.

ER, the SONG, is a masterpiece of soul..
August 29th, 2005 12:07 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
texile wrote:
ER, the SONG, is a masterpiece of soul..

Agree. And I love Falsetto.
It reminds me when I've stuck my balls in the fridge's door last month...
August 29th, 2005 12:40 PM
texile
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Agree. And I love Falsetto.
It reminds me when I've stuck my balls in the fridge's door last month...

lol....the falsetto is always about vulnerability....and emasculation;
August 29th, 2005 01:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot >ER, the SONG, is a masterpiece of soul..<

Dude, do you have any idea what "soul" music is?

Isaac Hayes is soul music. James Brown is soul music. The Isley Brothers is soul music. The Four Tops is soul music. The Temptations is soul music.

emotional rescue has nothing at all to do with soul music. It's shitty disco crap. There is no way around it. It is what it is. Saying that er is a soul masterpiece is like saying that ZZ Top's "Tube Snake Boogie" is a blues masterpiece.

And for the record...I don't hate Miss You. It's certainly not a fave of mine either. I think it's too long and loses it's momentum.

But it doesn't completely SUCK like er does. er is a swirling black hole of suckiness.

Gypsy...

I'd do a 10 mile knuckle drag through broken glass just to drink a gallon of your bathwater.

August 29th, 2005 01:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Words!!

ER haters are often Winning Ugly lovers!!

nope...its shite as well. In fact, its worse. ER has some musically beautiful parts that redeem it somewhat. Winning Ugly is, as we would say in this part of the world, "a pile of keek"
[Edited by Gazza]
August 29th, 2005 01:52 PM
sirmoonie Winning Ugly is better than On Hit to the Body. One Hit sounds like something Night Ranger or Loverboy or other biff keek's would do.

Anyway, we're talking about a guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."
August 29th, 2005 01:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh, and welcome to the club Sleepy London Clown!

In other club news....

I have just scored 200 copies of the er 45. I was paid $25.00 to take them. I wanted $50.00. I am currently setting up an "er skeet shoot" at a local gun club. A .20 guage shotgun, and ammo, will be provided. You will have to bring your own amber shooting glasses. Entrance fee will be free, but you must bring your own bottle of hootch.

The person with the most hits gets to set all the sleeves on fire, and then pee on them.

If this proves successful, I'll get someone to pay me to take a truckload of goddess CDs off their hands....
August 29th, 2005 03:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh, and welcome to the club Sleepy London Clown!

In other club news....

I have just scored 200 copies of the er 45. I was paid $25.00 to take them. I wanted $50.00. I am currently setting up an "er skeet shoot" at a local gun club. A .20 guage shotgun, and ammo, will be provided. You will have to bring your own amber shooting glasses. Entrance fee will be free, but you must bring your own bottle of hootch.

The person with the most hits gets to set all the sleeves on fire, and then pee on them.

just make sure you only pee on the A-side and that the B-side ("Down in the hole") remains playable...
August 29th, 2005 03:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Winning Ugly is better than One Hit to the Body.

is it, SHITE!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)