ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 26th, 2005 01:31 PM
Sir Stonesalot I am founding a new Rolling Stones club...The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club. The club membership is open to anyone man, woman, or beast, who hates ER with passion. It will be a refuge for those of us like minded souls who realize the insipidness of Emotional Rescue will eat away at the foundations that made the Rolling Stones the greatest rock and roll band on this or any other planet.

It will be our avowed mission to destroy all vestiges of the so called "song"....emotional rescue.

First order of business. From now on ER shall no longer be capitalized. It shall for now and evermore be in small case. emotional rescue. er.
August 26th, 2005 02:03 PM
lotsajizz there should be an embargo by the falsetto-lovin'/Smoky Robinson-influenced/dancable/gettin' lotsa-pussy club
August 26th, 2005 02:08 PM
Lazy Bones BOOOO.

I'm a little flustered about the Owens situation, too. He'll play vs the Bengals...

Please don't take it out on ER!
August 26th, 2005 02:55 PM
Martha er.........errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr sounds like my cat havin' a cat fit.

ROTFLMAO!
August 26th, 2005 03:00 PM
Gazza are we talking about the song or the album of the same name?

If its the song itself, I appoint myself vice-Chairman. In recent weeks however I have grown to appreciate the music in the song and particular the sax work by Mel Collins, however the lyrics and both the falsetto and that paedo-sounding "knight in shining armour" rap are atrocities that are so unforgivable that Mick should have been charged with war crimes against rock n roll.
August 26th, 2005 03:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot >er sounds like my cat havin' a cat fit.<

The He-Man emotional rescue Hater's Club now has an official slogan.

Thank you Martha's cat.

Martha...you & Chris coming to Hershey? I'll even make some vegetarian food for the par-tay....

August 26th, 2005 03:14 PM
sirmoonie Disband this club immediately, by order of the freedom loving world!

I digs ER. Digs it. From what was Keith doing at the corner of west 8th Street and Skeech avenue, all the way to the back of the lame ass Keith crooner at the end, ER is a summer rocker of druggie proportions (los drogos - circa 1980).

I digs ER - Dance, Cold, Me Go, Send, I-Girl, I digs them.

Chicks DIG guys who dig Emotional Rescue. They really do.
August 26th, 2005 03:17 PM
Factory Girl I've dug sirmoonsie...from afar.
August 26th, 2005 03:21 PM
Fadeout_Freedom I'll have to confess that I am always going to maintain an allegiance to ER... when it came out, I was fifteen, living in the middle of nowhere and at the mercy of three Top 40 Radio stations.

Bombarded that summer with Lipps Inc, Christopher Cross, Kenny Rogers, and Kool and the Gang, I consider myself fortunate that of all songs, ER grabbed me for some reason, and that "She's So Cold" soon after kicked the door in, and that I was irretrievably HOOKED!!!
August 26th, 2005 03:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Disband this club immediately, by order of the freedom loving world!

I digs ER. Digs it. From what was Keith doing at the corner of west 8th Street and Skeech avenue, all the way to the back of the lame ass Keith crooner at the end, ER is a summer rocker of druggie proportions (los drogos - circa 1980).

I digs ER - Dance, Cold, Me Go, Send, I-Girl, I digs them.

Chicks DIG guys who dig Emotional Rescue. They really do.

your thoughts on the title track, though (which I believe is the basis for the club's foundation)??

The rest of the album has its moments...apart from Indian Girl

Your omission of the 'er' song from your rant indicates that we may be able to recruit you as a foot soldier...
August 26th, 2005 03:32 PM
Angiegirl Down In The Hole is a great song.
August 26th, 2005 03:38 PM
sirmoonie I like the song Emotional Rescue's beat, even if it didn't work out to well. Its something original by the Stones - contrast the dozen of YGMR-type songs everyone yacks about, and Emotional Rescue begins to stand out. As something cool. You can urinate with pride when listening to Emotional Rescue.

Why does everyone dislike Indian Girl? Catchy country balled, the Stones only (?) Mexo-flamenco-maracas-gespacho song, lesson number onnnnnnnne....better learn while yer yung............life just goes on and on, getting harder and harder........
August 26th, 2005 03:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
You can urinate with pride when listening to Emotional Rescue.

Yes, I've always thought so too.
August 26th, 2005 03:48 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yes, I've always thought so too.

You are a "higher end" poster.
August 26th, 2005 03:49 PM
ListenToTheLion Strange album with highlights (Dance, Down in the Hole, Where The Boys Go) and a lot of shit (for instance Indian Girl, Let me Go, Summer Romance). The title track has a good beat and sax solo but is also a bit weird.
August 26th, 2005 03:56 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Glad to hear it. I think.

The album has a strange vibe. I never play it, ever. When someone mentions it, I go like 'oh yeah, there's that one too, I forgot. What's on it anyway, trying to remember here...' and I think of Indian Girl and the song Emotional Rescue. That's when I remember that this album's quite forgettable.

But then, I take out the CD and look at the tracklisting, and think 'that's right, there's Dance too. And All About You. And Down In The Hole. And look, it's She's So cold. Hmmmm'. Conclusion: the album never turns out as bad as I think it is.

Nope, not gonna join the He-man club.
August 26th, 2005 04:01 PM
Gazza
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I like the song Emotional Rescue's beat, even if it didn't work out to well. Its something original by the Stones - contrast the dozen of YGMR-type songs everyone yacks about, and Emotional Rescue begins to stand out. As something cool. You can urinate with pride when listening to Emotional Rescue.

Why does everyone dislike Indian Girl? Catchy country balled, the Stones only (?) Mexo-flamenco-maracas-gespacho song, lesson number onnnnnnnne....better learn while yer yung............life just goes on and on, getting harder and harder........

Because Mick manages to ruin it by singing in about a dozen ridiculous accents, each one worse than the one preceded it

Like I said, the song "er" has a great groove which I've grown to appreciate more. I just cant get past the lyrics and singing.

Some of you guys mention about how it was that summer when it was released. I was 17 and eagerly awaited its arrival. It had been two years since Some Girls (in those days that was considered an incredibly long gap and was the longest of the band's career). When I heard THAT as the first single after having got into the band so much in the 2-3 years that preceded it, my outrage was similar to a lot of what i've read in recent weeks about "streets of love".

So, I guess that I've been unconsciously prejudiced ever since, although the album has grown on me over the years.

Whats surprised me so much when people slag off this album though is the vitriol against "Where the boys go" which i could never understand. Its always been one of my top 10 Stones songs ever.
August 26th, 2005 04:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

you're only saying that because she happens to very tall...
August 26th, 2005 04:04 PM
nankerphelge Agree with Gazza 100%!
August 26th, 2005 04:06 PM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>er sounds like my cat havin' a cat fit.<

The He-Man emotional rescue Hater's Club now has an official slogan.

Thank you Martha's cat.

Martha...you & Chris coming to Hershey? I'll even make some vegetarian food for the par-tay....

Martha's Cat now purrs in appreciation and is glad to be of help. :-)

Hershey sounds fabulous to us.

Can we sleep in your yard?

If you cook some veggie grub I'll bake/bring my famous chocolate cake. It's a family recipe known as the "Gertie Heffelfinger" special!

errrrrrrrr.................................

Martha!

PS war crimes against r&r........hilarious!
August 26th, 2005 04:08 PM
T&A I love ER, the album. I love ER, the song. Fuck all of you sideways that don't.
August 26th, 2005 04:11 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Emotional Rescue would be a great song if the gay-falsetto is removed, and no I ain't homophobic; it's a real great song and I love the album, sorry Sir, I'm so easy to satisfy in both sex and music
August 26th, 2005 04:16 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Emotional Rescue would be a great song if the gay-falsetto is removed, and no I ain't homophobic

Ya right! You love it just the way it is!
August 26th, 2005 04:20 PM
ListenToTheLion I agree with Gazza about Where The Boys Go. Great song. Although not in my top 10 of Stones songs one of the best tracks of ER.
August 26th, 2005 04:21 PM
KeepRigid I love this whole fucking album. Inspired goofiness coupled with hungover rock. For years, it was my 'day after' album. There was nothing like it for waking up after a concert, finding yourself in some strange city, and realizing that everything just seemed to hurt. That's when you need that Emotional Rescue. The first rental car I ever ran into a tree had the perfect soundtrack in Send It To Me.

I always loved that the Stones could really suck or just plain sell out, yet still be cool. Going out of your way to try and look like you have integrity as a band ain't rock and roll. Being able to just say 'oh fuck it' is.

[Edited by KeepRigid]
August 26th, 2005 04:25 PM
Poplar
quote:
T&A wrote:
I love ER, the album. I love ER, the song. Fuck all of you sideways that don't.

what he said. x2.

August 26th, 2005 04:40 PM
56DeSoto I find it hard to truly hate a song that makes me laugh so hard. All I have to do is think about it and I start giggling. It's a sure fire way to make the bass player in my band crack up too. I just start into the falsetto part and go on about the fine Arab charger.
August 26th, 2005 04:48 PM
the good
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Emotional Rescue would be a great song if the gay-falsetto is removed, and no I ain't homophobic; it's a real great song and I love the album, sorry Sir, I'm so easy to satisfy in both sex and music

Geez, I always thought the falsetto made the song. And the sax (yes the sax) is world class. You know, Mick can be masculine, but he can be feminine. I can see why that embarasses some fans, but not me. Its what makes him so human on stage, and what makes him so fun to watch
August 26th, 2005 05:07 PM
the good Another thing about the falsetto. I always thought it was Mick's way of showing how love can bring out a feminine side in men. Not behavioraly, but affectively. I mean, none of the guys here have ever been so in love with a girl that they unwittingly gave her total control over the relationship, and she turned you into a whiney little girl whenever things didn't go right? Like in ER? Like in Miss You? Like in worried about you? Not that its ever happened to me! I have seen it happen to friends of mine...
August 26th, 2005 05:26 PM
midnightmagic It burns the fuck out of me that people can Hate a Stones song so bad to form a club. This song is freakin awesome. The song is STONES. If people think the falsetto is gay wtf what about worried about you!!! I was Aragon 10 feet away from Mick when he announced he was singing that song. Nobody said stop "that is gay, you fag"

I hope your club sucks!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)