ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 27th, 2005 02:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Yes we need more farts

If you can't fart us, somebody will

August 27th, 2005 06:08 PM
texile excellent graphic vooddoo because this thread is a foul wind coming from someone's ass....
ER is the first stones album i got; the title track is sublime - the last time i remember the stones sounding contempory without trying.....
actually egbert - lennon loved the title track (playboy interview 1980) - was dissing the stones, sex pistols, macca etc.......but called ER a "beautiful song" he enjoyed;
and as for indian girl - should we start with a history lesson on the sandinista revolution? central american politics? huh? it just may be the greatest, most specific and insightful jagger has ever written......i can't even fucking BEGIN why - the femine subject, the allusion to castro and angola - the forboding suggestion of sandinista self-destruction.......FUCK - it's brilliant if you know what the fuck he's talking about - otherwise motherfuckers - despise it in ignorance!
anyway, great fucking album.......
i can relate fadeout - it opened a new world to me in my little redneck texas town......

good post, GOOD - that falsetto is like crying, like a plea....and jagger uses that in alot of the outtakes - and it always sounds like he's confessin the blues - totally naked and vulnerable.......the falsetto just throws some people off and maybe that's WHY he does it.
August 27th, 2005 06:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ok ok...you can have some more farts. But you'll have to wait...I gotta eat some beans first. As an added treat for you, I shall set these farts aflame. I will shoot flaming farts in your general direction!

But honestly, there is no way that anyone really likes that song. I think you people are just saying that in an effort to get my goat.

It worked.

Gimme my damn goat back.
August 27th, 2005 06:24 PM
Moonisup emotional rescue(album) was the key of the 1981 tour with: She's so cold and let me go. 2 GREAT songs.
EMO RES the song, is somewhat weak
[Edited by Moonisup]
August 27th, 2005 06:29 PM
texile actually - in an interview a few months ago, jagger suggested ER as a possible inclusion.......
you will hear it LIVE in all it's glory! or go take a shit......
i just remember this song being so cool -
my non-stones fan comrade used to do that spoken part....before i even knew what the fuck he was saying - i remember everybody i know loving it AND she's so cold.....
this may have been the last time the stones were cool to outsiders.
August 27th, 2005 06:30 PM
T&A getting your goat and your gas are merely fringe benefits. I actually like the song - alot.
August 27th, 2005 07:11 PM
texile one more thing about ER - about 2 years ago, i played at a stones tribute gig in houston......and the band before us (2 guys, two girls) played ER - the entire place went fucking crazy! it kicked ass.....
i was ashamed to go on after that because my band was just playing the old warhorses ....
liz phair also merges ER into one of her own songs.....
say what you want - people like it.....
August 27th, 2005 07:17 PM
Bloozehound ER is funkier than Dr. Funkenstein's funky fresh pet funkasaurus

also, I like all those voices jagger does
August 27th, 2005 07:33 PM
texile
also, I like all those voices jagger does
[/quote]

i love how he drops from the falsetto to full voice.....
it's sexy and unforced...and the lyrics are so simple yet emotional;

'i was dreeeeeamin last niiiiitght babe...you should be
mine, mine, mine...all mine'
i get chills......
August 27th, 2005 07:35 PM
Some Guy I like the song and will play it loud tonight in an effort to thwart this senseless club!
August 27th, 2005 07:39 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
texile wrote:

i love how he drops from the falsetto to full voice.....
it's sexy and unforced...and the lyrics are so simple yet emotional;

'i was dreeeeeamin last niiiiitght babe...you should be
mine, mine, mine...all mine'
i get chills......

What small town are you from, tex ?
[Edited by Bloozehound]
August 27th, 2005 07:49 PM
Sir Stonesalot You are sick sick people.

I suppose you expect me to believe that you like Goddess In The Doorway too.

Pffffffftttttt!
August 27th, 2005 08:12 PM
texile
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You are sick sick people.

I suppose you expect me to believe that you like Goddess In The Doorway too.

Pffffffftttttt!

no sir - i will attest to the fact that - with the exception of don't call me up and too far gone - GITD is indeed a travesty......and in no way, shape or form deserve to mentioned in negative correlation to ER;

and blooze - let's just say 'stinkadena' is it's unofficial nickname.....
August 27th, 2005 08:58 PM
T&A No - I see no similarites between DITD and ER, though. I do like Too Far Gone, however. ER is just beggin' for a stage debut...hope I'm there when it happens...almost was - it was supposed to be played at the Orpheum...damn!
August 27th, 2005 10:11 PM
Gazza Jagger obviously looked into the audience from the wings that night before the show and figured there were too many "he-men" in the audience who would kick his scrawny ass if he even THOUGHT about singing it!
August 27th, 2005 10:17 PM
T&A
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Jagger obviously looked into the audience from the wings that night before the show and figured there were too many "he-men" in the audience who would kick his scrawny ass if he even THOUGHT about singing it!

Ah - so it went with the tried and true macho anthem, Dance. Pt. 1 instead. All makes perfect sense now....
August 27th, 2005 11:11 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
I love ER, the album. I love ER, the song.

i feel the same way.
August 27th, 2005 11:44 PM
texile and how can you not love that coda....
bobby and keith trading licks - the guitar mimicking the sax to the fadeout - simply a masterpiece.....
August 28th, 2005 02:20 AM
Bloozehound quote]texile wrote:
and how can you not love that coda....
bobby and keith trading licks - the guitar mimicking the sax to the fadeout - simply a masterpiece.....
[/quote]

hold on dudette,

so your nick is like a texas-exile mix

a texas exile kinda thingy

I was thinking you worked in a cotten gin or someshit

I met tejano superstar joe bazos tonight

dunno who the fuck he was either, but it was fun shit
August 28th, 2005 07:02 AM
egon of course you are very wrong SS.

And you have clearly not read the rule that before
starting an ER hate club, one should start a "don't stop" or "sweethearts" detest club.

But it's ok, we all make mistakes.
Just don't let i happen again.

Now....., bring on those farts!
August 28th, 2005 07:09 AM
Col
quote:
Gazza wrote:
are we talking about the song or the album of the same name?

If its the song itself, I appoint myself vice-Chairman. In recent weeks however I have grown to appreciate the music in the song and particular the sax work by Mel Collins, however the lyrics and both the falsetto and that paedo-sounding "knight in shining armour" rap are atrocities that are so unforgivable that Mick should have been charged with war crimes against rock n roll.

I didn't used to like the "knight in shining armour bit". But now I hear it as Mick trying to hypnotise the woman he's singing about to be his. I started liking it a lot better when I heard it like this. Try listening to it again with that in mind, you might like it a tiny wee bit more. Emotional Rescue is a great song!
August 28th, 2005 11:25 AM
CraigP Where the Boys Go is punk. Makes up for the faggy shit.
August 28th, 2005 03:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot >And you have clearly not read the rule<

Fuckin' right! Especially if it is a rule made by someone else.

I make my own rules. Fuck the rest of 'em.

The song "emotional rescue" is a big steaming pile of dogshit. It demands my total lack of respect. It demands my ridicule. I cannot think of one single good thing to say about it, other than, it's not playing on my stereo.

This song is the point where the drugs stopped working for the Stones, and started working AGAINST them.

I would rather watch my dog retch and then lick it back up, than to subject myself to the "song" emotional rescue. And I'm complimenting it by even considering it a song.

The only thing on par with the utter shittiness that is emotional rescue is that gawdawful goddess in the doorway crap.

But that is another club for another thread for another day.
August 28th, 2005 03:19 PM
Moonisup "This song is the point where the drugs stopped working for the Stones, and started working AGAINST them."

I think that point came after 1999
August 28th, 2005 03:47 PM
Rutger
quote:
midnightmagic wrote:
It burns the fuck out of me that people can Hate a Stones song so bad to form a club. This song is freakin awesome. The song is STONES. If people think the falsetto is gay wtf what about worried about you!!! I was Aragon 10 feet away from Mick when he announced he was singing that song. Nobody said stop "that is gay, you fag"

I hope your club sucks!!!!

Right on man! I say Emotional Rescue friggin' rocks. Aside from TY it's the best album the Stones did in the 80's. Dance is one of the coolest tracks ever!! Keith wachhhhaaa doinnn there. DITH, AAY, ER, they all kick ass.
August 28th, 2005 04:42 PM
CraigP I like the falsetto. I'm am not gay. Howver, there are songs on the album which annoy me but it's better than, let's say, Steel Wheels!
August 28th, 2005 05:12 PM
T&A
quote:
CraigP wrote:
I like the falsetto. I'm am not gay.

well...make up your mind....

(not that there's anything wrong with that...)
August 28th, 2005 05:47 PM
gypsy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>And you have clearly not read the rule<

Fuckin' right! Especially if it is a rule made by someone else.

I make my own rules. Fuck the rest of 'em.

The song "emotional rescue" is a big steaming pile of dogshit. It demands my total lack of respect. It demands my ridicule. I cannot think of one single good thing to say about it, other than, it's not playing on my stereo.

This song is the point where the drugs stopped working for the Stones, and started working AGAINST them.

I would rather watch my dog retch and then lick it back up, than to subject myself to the "song" emotional rescue. And I'm complimenting it by even considering it a song.

The only thing on par with the utter shittiness that is emotional rescue is that gawdawful goddess in the doorway crap.

But that is another club for another thread for another day.

One day you will love that song. You will love it. Trust me.
August 28th, 2005 05:58 PM
Gazza Like I said earlier, there are parts of this song that I admit that I like - namely the groove of it and the sax solo

I am concerned that, going by the rules of this club, this admission may be a sign of at least some latent bi-sexuality. (I will never go 'the whole way' by 'coming out' and admit to liking the vocal)

Any reassurance would be most welcome

[Edited by Gazza]
August 28th, 2005 06:07 PM
gypsy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Like I said earlier, there are parts of this song that I admit that I like - namely the groove of it and the sax solo

I am concerned that, going by the rules of this club, this admission may be a sign of at least some latent bi-sexuality. (I will never go 'the whole way' by 'coming out' and admit to liking the vocal)

Any reassurance would be most welcome

[Edited by Gazza]

I don't think it's "gay" if you like Mick's falsetto. I have many straight male friends who love to do "Emotional Rescue" when we karaoke.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)