ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Who's driving my bus?
The Bigger Bang Bus in Buenos Aires, Argentina
40x5 la Disquería/ Midnight Rambler / 40x5 Tributo bar / EMI Argentina / Modena Desing
Photo by khalil78 from BdP the message board by Midnight Rambler and Rocks Off
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The He-Man Emotional Rescue Hater's Club Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 26th, 2005 05:36 PM
Trey Krimsin I won't respond as angrily as some have in here, but I do like Emotional Rescue. It was one of the first Rolling Stones songs I ever heard, and I have always liked it. It's one of their more diverse tunes: not rock, not pop, but somewhere in the middle. Some people may think it's hokey, or just plain bad, but I think that it's a great tune.
August 26th, 2005 05:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
midnightmagic wrote:
It burns the fuck out of me that people can Hate a Stones song so bad to form a club. This song is freakin awesome. The song is STONES. If people think the falsetto is gay wtf what about worried about you!!! I was Aragon 10 feet away from Mick when he announced he was singing that song. Nobody said stop "that is gay, you fag"

I hope your club sucks!!!!

Oh get over yourself and lighten up fer Chrissakes...jeez

Nothing wrong with falsettoes. Worried About You has a great one but then its a great song. Thats where the difference lies
August 26th, 2005 05:44 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
T&A wrote:
I love ER, the album. I love ER, the song. Fuck all of you sideways that don't.

AMEN BRO-ALBUM AND SONG RULE
August 26th, 2005 05:45 PM
T&A
quote:
Trey Krimsin wrote:
I won't respond as angrily as some have in here, but I do like Emotional Rescue. It was one of the first Rolling Stones songs I ever heard, and I have always liked it. It's one of their more diverse tunes: not rock, not pop, but somewhere in the middle. Some people may think it's hokey, or just plain bad, but I think that it's a great tune.

Trey - anger is welcome. Tell them to fuck themselves if they don't like it. You'll feel better. Trust me.
August 26th, 2005 06:13 PM
Gazza Go fuck yourselves, then, will ya

Everyone

Ahh.

I feel better now...even if I've offended 3,000 of my favourite people...
August 26th, 2005 06:15 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Go fuck yourselves, then, will ya

Everyone

Ahh.

I feel better now...even if I've offended 3,000 of my favourite people...

It was a tension breaker. It had to be done.
August 26th, 2005 07:33 PM
Soldatti I'm not a fan of the record, it's so stupid sometimes. I like Down In The Hole and Dance but can't stand the title track.
August 26th, 2005 07:35 PM
Surround Sister Sick, if the album is the aim.
For me its up there in the upper half of the albums.

Banning Jagger´s gay falsetto is well thought;
just that he hardly will go for it again.
August 26th, 2005 08:01 PM
Some Guy Fabulous album! Best selling Stones album, ever... ever!
August 26th, 2005 08:52 PM
Sir Stonesalot I hate the song not the album.

I HATE IT!!

And I'm not telling you why.

I just do. And I'm right.

As the founding father of the He-Man emotional rescue Hater's Club I fart in the general direction of the following dipshits who enjoy worthless drivel:

sir moonie
Fadeout_Freedom
Voodoo
KeepRigid
The Good
Trey Krimsin
bill perks

I blow 2 farts in the general direction of, and throw dog poop on the shoes of the following dingletwats who want to fuck me sideways(I'm flattered, but no, not on your best day and my worst day...unless you have a vagina, if so, then we can talk):

T & A
Poplar

And last, but certainly least, I will completely ignore the following fucknut for their absolute lack of ability to recognize a joke when it smacks 'em upside their thick skull:

midnightmagic

August 26th, 2005 08:56 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Only one fart? I need at least two, yours stink soooo gooood
August 26th, 2005 09:20 PM
Lethargy I'd be happy if they replaced Miss You with Emotional Rescue on the current stadium tour, although admittedly this would just be for variety in the 'disco' segment of the show and not b/c ER is inherently better.
August 26th, 2005 09:21 PM
Sir Stonesalot OK, you can have another fart.
August 26th, 2005 09:44 PM
gypsy
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
I've dug sirmoonsie...from afar.

sirmoonie is the shit!
I luvs me some sirmoonie.
August 26th, 2005 09:45 PM
Trey Krimsin To quote John Cleese:

"I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elderberries!"
August 26th, 2005 09:47 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh I dig the guy too.

But from an emotional rescue POV, the guy is wronger than wrong can be wronged. And that is just wrong.
August 26th, 2005 10:35 PM
steel wls Great song. Great album. My 1st Stones album.
August 26th, 2005 11:55 PM
Bloozehound both ER's are great
August 27th, 2005 01:01 AM
lotsajizz super album
better song
August 27th, 2005 01:40 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I love this whole fucking album. Inspired goofiness coupled with hungover rock. For years, it was my 'day after' album. There was nothing like it for waking up after a concert, finding yourself in some strange city, and realizing that everything just seemed to hurt. That's when you need that Emotional Rescue. The first rental car I ever ran into a tree had the perfect soundtrack in Send It To Me.

I always loved that the Stones could really suck or just plain sell out, yet still be cool. Going out of your way to try and look like you have integrity as a band ain't rock and roll. Being able to just say 'oh fuck it' is.

[Edited by KeepRigid]

Now that is a fucking A-1 prime super fine post.

Cheers to you K-Ridge.
August 27th, 2005 01:48 AM
Bloozehound hey moonie what heppened to the drinking thread ?

I hear they jam ER on a continous loop on the stereo there
August 27th, 2005 01:51 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
hey moonie what heppened to the drinking thread ?

I hear they jam ER on a continous loop on the stereo there

Bloozie! Che pau! My Texan friend!

I don't know what happened to that motherfucking drinking thread. I'll go look for it. Maybe it was too much.....

Bloozie, you going to Chicago?

MUST GO TO CHICAGO.
August 27th, 2005 02:09 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Bloozie! Che pau! My Texan friend!

I don't know what happened to that motherfucking drinking thread. I'll go look for it. Maybe it was too much.....

Bloozie, you going to Chicago?

MUST GO TO CHICAGO.

nombe, I'd love see them there, but Chicagos not in the cards

I will definitely be in 'Nawlins if the Stones decide to show their wrinkly ER' lovin mugs

August 27th, 2005 08:41 AM
blackandblue Whole album sucks except for 2 tracks: Dance and Down in the hole. Decay is setting in with ER. Tattoo You is the last great one after Some Girls.
August 27th, 2005 10:22 AM
glencar
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
I love this whole fucking album. Inspired goofiness coupled with hungover rock. For years, it was my 'day after' album. There was nothing like it for waking up after a concert, finding yourself in some strange city, and realizing that everything just seemed to hurt. That's when you need that Emotional Rescue. The first rental car I ever ran into a tree had the perfect soundtrack in Send It To Me.

I always loved that the Stones could really suck or just plain sell out, yet still be cool. Going out of your way to try and look like you have integrity as a band ain't rock and roll. Being able to just say 'oh fuck it' is.

[Edited by KeepRigid]

You ran a rental car into a tree more than once? Cool!

August 27th, 2005 10:55 AM
Navin "He man drag
In the glittering ballroom,
Greyly outrageous
In my high-heeled shoes.
Tightly undone,
They know what they're showing,
Sadly ecstatic
That their heroes are news"

My old (15+ years) Maxell cassette-tape copy of the original CBS vinyl version of The Stones 'Emotional Rescue' album seems to run at a "higher speed" than the normal version - the Virgin remaster or the old CBS CD. As I am not familiar with vinyl speeds or other technical details, figure this must be a 45-RPM recording, as opposed to 33-1/2-RPM.

Its very interesting for that reason, and also because the first track "Dance (Pt. 1)" is missing that great Mick intro "....corner of west 8th Street...Keith.." and sounds like a shorter version of "If I was a Dancer (Dance Pt. 2)"

The recording is still in very good quality, though, an old Japanese LN-90 tape that also has a recording of The Stones "Some Girls" CBS CD version on the other side.
August 27th, 2005 11:17 AM
Egbert Didn't Lennon pan ER (the album)? As if he was putting out anything better at the time!

I would say as Between The Buttons is to Aftermath so is ER to Some Girls.
August 27th, 2005 11:30 AM
lotsajizz but still better than Satanic Majesties or Tattoo You
August 27th, 2005 01:37 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Egbert wrote:

I would say as Between The Buttons is to Aftermath so is ER to Some Girls.

That's a brilliant simile. Right on the money.

I'm in the club, as you know, SS. I hate that song with a passion, and also hate Indian Girl, and those two songs have made me rate the whole album pretty low. However, I still really like the album overall. Most of the stuff is sub-par but rockin' nonetheless.

I rate ER below Dirty Work. There are just as many REALLY bad songs, as many mediocre songs, and nothing as good as "One Hit To The Body" or as cool as "Harlem Shuffle".
August 27th, 2005 01:59 PM
T&A if Voodoo Chile gets a free second fart, I demand a compensatory third fart in my general direction!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)