ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sway has been rehearsed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 16th, 2005 11:51 AM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I think you're missing the point of what a msg board actually is: its a place where people are free to express their opinions.

and in reading this thread, and others, you will see that are a lot of fans here that think that Keith & Ronnie's best days are behind them and that they may no longer be able to cut the mustard on some of the harder rocking tunes.

I am one of the people that happen to agree with that camp. I think that Keith's intro on CYHMK during the Licks tour was weak, limp and embarrassing.

I've heard the Crowes do it and it kicked ass and sounded as ballsy and rough as the original.

I hate hearing the Licks version. If someone here knows of another band that can play it better than I'd love for them to mention it and hopefully turn me onto it. Thats one of the cool aspects of a msg board.

thats all I''m doing here. Pointing out that theres a band that can rock these tunes.

You can try and dismiss me as a "fanatic" of the Crowes. But the only band I've ever been a fanatic for - and still am - is the Stones. You're not going to see me hop a flight to see the Crowes up in Canada on a moments notice. Theyre not my favorite band. I do think they rock. And I do think they especially rock out harder than the current state of the Stones on certain songs. And as much as I've grown up my entire life obsessed with the Stones, I am pleased to say that I am an objective Stones fan these days. I have no problem admitting that other bands have come around and are now one-upping the Stones these days. Thats my honest opinion and I'm free here to express it, whether you agree with it or not. And if the stuff I write about the Crowes bothers you so much that you cant stand to read it than you can always just ignore my posts.

this is a msg board and I'm free to express my thoughts.

The Black Crowes play CYHMK better than the Stones. You can accept it and dig it or bury you're head in the sand and fool yourself that Keith's arthritic fingers can still bash out a power chord. Either thought is fine. But don't accuse me of being a fanatic. Or dismiss my right to express my opinions.

Again, you must have completely missed my point because if you had read my post carefully, which you did not do, you will see that I said that you were free to express your opinions and that your opionions or anyones is just as valid as mine. Before you write a rebuttal, why don't you first read the post.

By the way, this opinion stuff is a two way steet not the one way street you make it out to be. I have the right to accuse you what you are- a Black Crowes fanatic because that's my opinion and I have the right to express it. I'll also repeat that the STONES in 2005 kick the CROWES assess. I'm real anxious to hear the new album A Bigger Bang because I get the feeling it's going to beat anything the CROWES have ever done. If true, how is that possible if they have such lousy guitar players, Keith and Ronnie's best days are behind them, and they are no longer "able to cut the mustard"??? Indeed, how would that be possible???????? Now, if don't like my post, why don't YOU go ahead and ignore them because I'm giving you my honest opinion.

I understand what message board are for and that's why I was freely expressing my opinion on this post and the previous one. This is a messge board and I'M FREE to express my opinion just as you are.

[Edited by time is on my side]
August 16th, 2005 12:31 PM
Saint Sway I guess you havent heard Streets Of Love.

If Bigger Bang is better than the Crowes Southern Harmony record I'll give you a pair of my Stones tix. And you can pick the pair.

but I'm not worried bc the songs I've heard so far - even the three I like - couldnt make it onto that album. BOMH could. The others, while good, fun rockers - still couldnt make the cut. But SOL is just laughable. And knowing the Crowes, I bet there laughing at it.
August 16th, 2005 12:40 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I guess you havent heard Streets Of Love.

If Bigger Bang is better than the Crowes Southern Harmony record I'll give you a pair of my Stones tix. And you can pick the pair.

but I'm not worried bc the songs I've heard so far - even the three I like - couldnt make it onto that album. BOMH could. The others, while good, fun rockers - still couldnt make the cut. But SOL is just laughable. And knowing the Crowes, I bet there laughing at it.

Where do I pick up the tickets????
August 16th, 2005 12:43 PM
jb I agree with SS.............this album, another so-called Exile, will be forgotten 2 weeks after it';s release.
August 16th, 2005 01:23 PM
Scottfree
quote:
jb wrote:

Ronnie and Keith are no longer accomplished highschool musicians.............................................

Do we know if Ronnies son is any good?
August 16th, 2005 01:48 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I agree with SS.............this album, another so-called Exile, will be forgotten 2 weeks after it';s release.

SS is a very logical and lucid individual whose opinion must be weighed heavily whilst .................................................................................................................................................................................................. :

********* END TRANSMISSION ***************
August 16th, 2005 01:50 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

SS is a very logical and lucid individual whose opinion must be weighed heavily whilst .................................................................................................................................................................................................. :

********* END TRANSMISSION ***************

the ........................................."ss?
August 16th, 2005 01:52 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

the ........................................."ss?

................................................................................. ss ! "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165740,00.html

August 16th, 2005 01:57 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

................................................................................. ss ! "

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,165740,00.html

He was intimidating on Danny Deutch last night that she did more than Tutor him..............................
[Edited by jb]
August 16th, 2005 02:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Ronnie and Keith are no longer accomplished highschool musicians.............................................

having heard the new album, I can guarantee that you are talking out of your ass
August 16th, 2005 02:07 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

He was intimidating on Danny Deutch last night that she did more than Tutor him..............................
[Edited by jb]

She is very " Hot " !!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/16/apontv.tommylees.reality.ap/index.html

August 16th, 2005 02:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

Where do I pick up the tickets????

you can meet me on the Streets of Love.

"la la la la laaaaah la la la la laaaaaaaaaah"
August 16th, 2005 02:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

She is very " Hot " !!!!

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/16/apontv.tommylees.reality.ap/index.html

gazza said JB is talking out of his ass regarding the new album. While you're posting about the drummer from Motley Crue doing a reality TV show. The world just ain't right today!
August 16th, 2005 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:

The world just ain't right today!

Agreed ....................

Things DO seem a bit irregular :

******** END TRANSMISSION **********
August 16th, 2005 02:48 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you can meet me on the Streets of Love.

"la la la la laaaaah la la la la laaaaaaaaaah"

Just out of curiousity, what STONES albums do you believe are better than the Black Crowes Southern Harmony???
August 16th, 2005 02:58 PM
Saint Sway
quote:

Just out of curiousity, what STONES albums do you believe are better than the Black Crowes Southern Harmony???

Let It Bleed, Sticky, Exile.... maybe Beggars. Beggars is different. But amazing. I really love Goats Head but I dont know if I'd say its better. Southern Harmony is solid start to finish in the way that Sticky & LIB are.
August 16th, 2005 03:24 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Let It Bleed, Sticky, Exile.... maybe Beggars. Beggars is different. But amazing. I really love Goats Head but I dont know if I'd say its better. Southern Harmony is solid start to finish in the way that Sticky & LIB are.

So let me get this staight, you are saying in the
entire recorded history of the Rolling Stones,
only 3 or possibly four albums are better than the Crowes Southern Harmony.

In addition to possibly Beggars, you are saying Harmony
is a better album than Tattoo You, Some Girls,
Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Out Of Our Heads,
Goats Head Soup, all of which, by the way, I think are better than Southern Harmony!!!! I'm not going to throw in live albums or compilations.

We agree to disagree in our opinions and musical
taste.

My favorite Black Crowes albums are Southern Harmony
and BY Your Side with possibly Shake Your Money Maker
on the same level. Good albums even if all do grow a
little stale over time.

August 16th, 2005 03:32 PM
Saint Sway you got it straight Jackson. I'd rather listen to Sting Me than Something Happened To Me Yesterday.

ditto Morning Song over Good Times.

I'd rather hear Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye than Sittin On A Fence

crazy as that may sound to you, its true.
August 16th, 2005 03:44 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you got it straight Jackson. I'd rather listen to Sting Me than Something Happened To Me Yesterday.

ditto Morning Song over Good Times.

I'd rather hear Bad Luck Blue Eyes Goodbye than Sittin On A Fence

crazy as that may sound to you, its true.

It appears for you it's been 33 years since the
STONES released a great album. For me, it's 21 days
and counting.

Nope, I would rather listen to 19th Nervous Breakdown
Last Time, than Sting Me. Absolutely.

Morning Song?? Give me Worried About You, Winter, or
,you guess it, Time Is On My Side.

Yeah, it does seem a little crazy but everyone's
taste is different. You see I already knew that.
Isn't that why they have different message boards
for different groups???

There are no right or wrong answers

August 16th, 2005 03:57 PM
Saint Sway
quote:

Nope, I would rather listen to 19th Nervous Breakdown
Last Time, than Sting Me. Absolutely.

Morning Song?? Give me Worried About You, Winter, or
,you guess it, Time Is On My Side.

well of course you prefer those. You think Keith can still rock out the intro to CYHMK.

LOL

just kidding dude. Cheers!
August 16th, 2005 04:08 PM
time is on my side CHEERS!!!
August 16th, 2005 04:18 PM
DiamondsDisease Wow, call me naive but I really thought this news would make the true Stones fan just as happy as me. I finally understand why the Stones play so many warhorses. Cuz the tourists love it and real Stones fans seems to be the hardest to satisfy. Still hoping for Let it Loose though.
[Edited by DiamondsDisease]
August 17th, 2005 12:24 AM
time is on my side
quote:
DiamondsDisease wrote:
Wow, call me naive but I really thought this news would make the true Stones fan just as happy as me. I finally understand why the Stones play so many warhorses. Cuz the tourists love it and real Stones fans seems to be the hardest to satisfy. Still hoping for Let it Loose though.
[Edited by DiamondsDisease]

WELCOME TO ROCKS OFF!!!!
August 17th, 2005 12:33 AM
T&A nobody kicks anybody's ass...this ain't a contest.
August 17th, 2005 12:45 AM
sammy davis jr. I like the Crowes and the Stones, but shit you gotta put the Stones first because they are the mold of the Crowes. I mean Shake Your Moneymaker- they should have paid royalties to the Stones for ripping off their sound. Secondly, She Talks To Angels has to be the biggest piece of wank ever recorded. Right up there with Indian Girl. I would like to hear Marc Ford in the Stones' lead guitar spot though- Woody could take Blondie's place.
August 17th, 2005 02:47 AM
Starbuck i like the stones and i like the crowes too.

i also think that joshie is using this thread to singlehandedly raise his post count to catch up to joey.

josh, what hotel will you be staying at in chicago? i will be staying with a friend, but i will allow you to buy me drinks at the voodoopug benefit for the starving children of the sheehan crawford ranch protest.
August 17th, 2005 04:28 AM
DiamondsDisease Thank you...
August 17th, 2005 05:43 PM
sammy davis jr. When I saw the Crowes last, they were touring behing Lions with Oasis. The encore? Can't You Hear Me Knockin'. Noel Gallagher joined in, uh kinda. Noel Gallagher looked as lost as I've ever seen a musician look onstage-
August 17th, 2005 05:52 PM
kath well, for you newcomers or those who feel "happy about the tour" (like myself...), get used to the fact that josh likes to push buttons and several of his board mates like to feed into the frenzy.

try to steel yourself to this simple truth. i gnash my teeth with every josh post, but somehow i am still really excited about this tour and seeing the band again. i am thankful that we didn't lose charlie and that keith is still alive. i know that ronnie is an incredible, gifted musician and can play virtually any instrument he's met. and i still believe that mick is the greatest front man of all time.

so, let them bitch and moan and ramble....as long as they aren't next to me bitching during the show.
August 17th, 2005 06:20 PM
Some Guy I'll take the human riff over the human spliff any day.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)