ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sway has been rehearsed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 18th, 2005 08:33 PM
Angiegirl I have a Rich Robinson guitar pick. He handed it to me during a show in Amsterdam years ago. It says 'Rich's Pick' on both sides. Whenever I see it, it makes me smile. Then I see the Stones pick, which Keith gave me at Shepherds Bush club in London '99. It makes my body tingle and my cheeks go warm and flushed and I suddenly get this irresistable urge to go hug somebody I care about (even if it's my cat who's nearest).

Saint Sway, I know what you mean. I've seen the Crowes many many times as well (including opening for the Stones in Wembley '95), I've met them, I've chatted and drank beer with them, I've got their autographs (I won some MTV contest in '99 to go on tour with them for 3 dates in Europe with a bunch of other winners, we got our own tour-van hehehe). I love them, I love their records. Well, the older ones for sure; the newer ones are quite generic IMO but still quite good and better than many mainstream rock records these days.

I love lots and lots of other bands, old and new and in-between. I'm going to go to the best music festival in Holland tomorrow for 3 days, Lowlands (http://www.lowlands.nl), and I'm psyched to see Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Foo Fighters, Nightwish, Marilyn Manson, Heather Nova, the Pixies, Kaiser Chiefs, Soulwax etc etc etc. I've been counting the days.

But I've checked to see if I can get home Sunday night after the festival instead of leaving the campsite Monday morning. Because I can make it home by 3AM by bus and train, in time to see the Boston opening night setlist come in live on the internet. My brother just laughed at my face when I told him I would try and go home earlier. But affectionately so, because he doesn't give a shit about the Stones, he always makes fun of me saying stuff like "what's your deal with these old rags anyway??", but he's teasing because he knows the Stones are in my blood. Nothing I can do about it.

I'm critical of the Stones in their recent form, they've dissappointed me big time. These last 2 years, since my 2003 shows, I regretted going to so many expensive shows and getting sub-standard quality in many shows, IMO. I'd lost interest, didn't play their music, or do anything with it. When talks about an album and tour began last year, I shrugged it off and continued listening to the latest rnr music I do love. This continued till even a few weeks ago. It only started itching again when the Phoenix gig happened and I heard VoodooChile's first snippets of the album. I'm still critical, and I don't expect great guitar playing from them live anymore. I thought as well that CYHMK had more bad renditions than decent ones last tour. Cool to hear as a song choice, but it didn't sound very professional to me most times. I liked the Crowes' version when I heard it on their site. But as FPM said, it's a brilliant cover. I like them when they do their own stuff (Cursed Diamond live or Hotel Illness) maybe even better.

I just won't be spending too much on Stones stadium shows anymore, I've made that deal with myself. So I can think, in case they disappoint me again, well, it wasn't an obscene amount I wasted compared to 2003 at least.

FPM I loved your posts!!!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 18th, 2005 08:36 PM
kath don't go to a lot of shows, and skip stadiums if you can. arenas are the way to go, )sadly, since we got no club gig).....

jmho
[Edited by kath]
August 18th, 2005 08:40 PM
Angiegirl Agreed. Too bad they don't seem to do many smaller-scaled shows. Have to wait till news comes in about venues in Europe, but so far it's mainly stadiums and some arenas right? Oh well, I guess we got spoiled last tour with all the clubs, sniff.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)