ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sway has been rehearsed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 14th, 2005 12:40 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
jb wrote:
Sway w/out MT would be a huge mistake......

Not! Thats what Fox News said about CYHMK, and it ended up being a highlight of Licks.

Sway isn't that complex at all. Ronnie and Keith will be all over that mook.

Oh yeah, Sway!
August 14th, 2005 01:12 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Not! Thats what Fox News said about CYHMK, and it ended up being a highlight of Licks.

Sway isn't that complex at all. Ronnie and Keith will be all over that mook.

Oh yeah, Sway!

Fox News "Fair and Balanced" if your a right wing conservative who still thinks it's Clinton's fault for all that has gone wrong in the world, despite Reagan , Bush1, and even good ole "W" who have mislead this country more times than Clinton got blowm by Lewinsky...................
August 14th, 2005 03:55 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
Biltmore Esate and winery

nice. i saw Hearst Castle on Tuesday. Biltmore is cooler.

August 14th, 2005 03:59 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

nice. i saw Hearst Castle on Tuesday. Biltmore is cooler.

Pretty nice house for 1894...first with electricity in the area and elevator......I had shipped 2 cases of their special anniversary 75th Edition vinyard!!!
August 14th, 2005 04:09 PM
lotsajizz CYHMK rocked last tour...I pity the people who saw poor versions...but don't extrapolate your negativity to the whole...the Hartford version was excellent for instance--and BECAUSE of Woody
August 14th, 2005 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
CYHMK rocked last tour...I pity the people who saw poor versions...but don't extrapolate your negativity to the whole...the Hartford version was excellent for instance--and BECAUSE of Woody

I trust your opinion , but that must have been the exception to the rule.
August 14th, 2005 04:15 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Ronnie der beruchte Mahler!

Mick actually said 'der verrückter Mahler' (the crazy painter).
August 14th, 2005 04:16 PM
T&A I have seen or heard more than half of the versions of CHYMK played on the Licks tour. Ronnie was an absolute guitar "hack" on every version I've heard. brutal. if you liked that - fine, but it's NOT GOOD GUITAR PLAYING. You can call this Woody bashing all you like. I'm a Woody fan and he played some decent licks on the tour - but not on this song.

As to the comment that MT hasn't played good solos in the past 15 years - WTF? I've seen him several times in that time period and he was AS GOOD AS HE'S EVER BEEN each and every time.
August 14th, 2005 04:20 PM
Moonisup
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Have you seen Mick Taylor try and play his own solos anytime in the last 15 yrs?

OUCH!

TELE!

he still plays a GREAT guitar, and will outplay ronnie any time at this point, mick is only uhh bit big
August 14th, 2005 04:24 PM
blackandblue No, he plays like shit nowadays. I've seen him twice and it has nothing to do with the Taylor of the seventies.
August 14th, 2005 04:25 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
T&A wrote:
I have seen or heard more than half of the versions of CHYMK played on the Licks tour. Ronnie was an absolute guitar "hack" on every version I've heard. brutal. if you liked that - fine, but it's NOT GOOD GUITAR PLAYING. You can call this Woody bashing all you like. I'm a Woody fan and he played some decent licks on the tour - but not on this song.

As to the comment that MT hasn't played good solos in the past 15 years - WTF? I've seen him several times in that time period and he was AS GOOD AS HE'S EVER BEEN each and every time.

MSG show? The show they played Love Train? Heard that one?
August 14th, 2005 04:27 PM
Moonisup
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
No, he plays like shit nowadays. I've seen him twice and it has nothing to do with the Taylor of the seventies.

oh, well, don't know that but even THEN he still plays better then keith or ron, they also don't have anything to do with the ron or keith of the seventies.
and last time I saw MT, he played great
August 14th, 2005 04:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I trust your opinion , but that must have been the exception to the rule.

I've heard pretty much every version of CYHMK played on the last tour and anyone who thinks it was crap has got cloth ears. It was a highlight of every show I saw it performed at (and I saw 9 shows on the European tour, which according to some, were grossly inferior shows. Not the ones I was at, anyway)

It's revisionist nonsense. When the tour started people were saying what a highlight of the show it was. Now, as it's so fashionable to bash the band's latter day performances in favour of the Taylor era, it sticks in people's throats to admit that in 2002-2003 the Stones played a great version of a song that they abandoned in 1971 because they couldnt hack it in concert

Woody's not the guitarist Taylor was in that or any era but it was a still a bloody good version
[Edited by Gazza]
August 14th, 2005 04:29 PM
Moonisup for CYHMK, I heard great versions, good versions and mediocore versions

but it was nice to hear, everytime they played it,
August 14th, 2005 04:35 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I've heard pretty much every version of CYHMK played on the last tour and anyone who thinks it was crap has got cloth ears. It was a highlight of every show I saw it performed at (and I saw 9 shows on the European tour, which according to some, were grossly inferior shows. Not the ones I was at, anyway)

It's revisionist nonsense. When the tour started people were saying what a highlight of the show it was. Now, as it's so fashionable to bash the band's latter day performances in favour of the Taylor era, it sticks in people's throats to admit that in 2002-2003 the Stones played a great version of a song that they abandoned in 1971 because they couldnt hack it in concert

Woody's not the guitarist Taylor was in that or any era but it was a still a bloody good version
[Edited by Gazza]

Than I have cloth ears. What I heard was a solo with a lot of distortion but that actually sucked. Listen to the boots and the official recordings. I am not a Woody basher because actually he was the best guitar player the Stones ever had. I liked Woody in the late seventies better than Taylor. But nowadays Woddy has lost it completely!!
August 14th, 2005 04:35 PM
T&A well I don't think I have cloth ears (whatever that means)....and I don't mean to say the entire CYHMK was "crap." Mick's harp was good, Bobby's solo's were spot on...the first part of the song (sometimes was decent - other times it wasn't - heard Roseland? ooooh boy, can't believe the Stones put that one up on their website - absolute shite). But, there's no way to convince me Ronnie plays even one coherent solo on any version of the song. I don't even play guitar and I'm sure I could have made such as unpleasant a noise as he did on this one. If he gets the chance to brutalize Sway in such a manner - he should be summarily fired from the band.
August 14th, 2005 04:36 PM
Poplar
The only one i saw (atlanta) had the crowd in a Frenzy.
All thanks to Ronnie. The MSG one was hot too, imo.
August 14th, 2005 04:37 PM
T&A blackandblue - you have a PM
August 14th, 2005 04:38 PM
Moonisup the ronnie solo wasn't the highlight of the song, most of the times.
August 14th, 2005 04:42 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:

The only one i saw (atlanta) had the crowd in a Frenzy.
All thanks to Ronnie. The MSG one was hot too, imo.

I was at Atlanta it is was the best show of the tour..I still thought CYHMK was below average...they just can't play fast,hard rockers, requiring skilled guitar work anymore.
August 14th, 2005 04:48 PM
Nellcote This Taylor shite has become wicked old.
August 14th, 2005 04:50 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
This Taylor shite has become wicked old.

Never Nellie..Taylor did more for the band musically in 6 short years than Ronnie has done in 30..it a simple fact...no one in their right mind would suggest Ronnie is 1/2 the guitarist Taylor was during his period in the Stones. The m an should be worshipped....................
August 14th, 2005 05:03 PM
Nellcote In all fairness JB, that is so long ago, it's ancient history.
There is nothing to take away from the music within the Taylor era. Different guitarist, different band.
I will not knock that karma.
Frankly, when I saw the show in July of '72, Taylor seemed so fragile on stage, one would question he was out of place with the rest of the band.
The band has evolved, moved towards a different space & time.
It's apples & oranges from the Taylor period to now, and once that fact is accepted, one can reconcile this.
If Jagger/Richards were so enamored with the Taylor type of play, true lead player & rhythym players, they'd have chosen a lead player to go in that route, such as Rory Gallagher, Harvey Mandel, Wayne Perkins, all whom were rehearsed for Taylor's vacant spot.
They did not, fortunately for us all, Ron Wood joined, the rest is history.
We all (am I going out on a limb to include you?) have enjoyed 30 years more of a band.

Now, stop your incessant pontficating, and get yer ass to Bahston.
Don't give me any crap excuses either.
I'll bet there are plenty of NE Patriots there that night, you may even see what true champions party like!
August 14th, 2005 05:19 PM
jb Where are you sitting?
August 14th, 2005 05:21 PM
Nellcote A4
August 14th, 2005 05:26 PM
texile reconcile what nelcott? half-assed, lazy guitar playing?
i love ronnie - some girls is his shining contribution to the stones and for that alone, he is precious to me as a stones fan - but he's lazy, and inconsistent.
i TOO am both excited and distressed about the prospect of sway 2005 - if its going to become a slick, clifford/backup singers/overdone/nostalgic tour highlight....some things are better left alone.
August 14th, 2005 05:32 PM
texile as for jagger/richard NOT going the lead guitarist route after taylor....it had nothing to do with artistic preference - it had to do with keith's ego.
August 14th, 2005 05:33 PM
sirmoonie Every time I saw Licks, Ronnie played CYHMK (at least the part of it that matters), dead on, never missed a lick. It was exceptional, just like almost that entire tour was.
August 14th, 2005 05:35 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
as for jagger/richard NOT going the lead guitarist route after taylor....it had nothing to do with artistic preference - it had to do with keith's ego.

100% correct!!! He sacrificed the music for his ego..the so-called "ancient form of weaving" suck IMO!!!
August 14th, 2005 05:43 PM
Nellcote I guess we all can either loathe the Stones or enjoy them.
Wishing is for dreamers.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)