ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sway has been rehearsed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 16th, 2005 03:15 AM
beer Sway is fucking simple to play! Jagger played rythm on the original and if they play it live, he'll do it again. The brilliant Taylor send off at the end of the studio version will fall into the same category as the end of CYHMK. If the Stones dared to play CYHMK live, then they can certainly pull off Sway. Of course the lead wont be equal to Taylor but so what? You can either nit pick, or be stoked they're out there playing.

-
August 16th, 2005 03:58 AM
Poplar
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
CYHMK rocked the fucking house.

sho did.
August 16th, 2005 04:01 AM
Poplar
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
Much like the Stones doing "Sway", this is my first time doing this. Longtime troller, firsttime poster. Love this board and incredibly psyched for Sunday.

This is a test.

welcome, and may the Stones blast one over the Green Monster- rain or shine.

August 16th, 2005 08:17 AM
corgi37 How about they do SWAY and Tumbling Dice.
August 16th, 2005 08:31 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Ronnie did a great job on CYHMK during the first US leg of the Licks tour, after the Christmas break I didn't hear a good version of the song again.

totally agree....MSG's version kicks ass with a great Ronnie...please Ronnie 's bashers open your ears and your eyes during five minutes on this one...

may be it was the one and only time he did it well on the tour, but you can't say it sucks...

Anyway, I ve heard sloppy versions of this one where Ronnie fucked the solo whereas Keith was lost...but strangely nobody complains about him...

August 16th, 2005 08:37 AM
T&A
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

may be it was the one and only time he did it well on the tour, but you can't say it sucks...

yes i can and i do
August 16th, 2005 08:46 AM
blackandblue It sucked!
August 16th, 2005 08:49 AM
lotsajizz it rocked--at least in North America
August 16th, 2005 08:55 AM
Gazza it sure did at the American shows I was at (NY and LA)

Agree that Ronnie played better overall in the US than later on in the tour, but the best version I heard of that song (and the best show of the 13 that I saw) was at Wembley on August 29th. It brought the house down.

Even Keith sat down on that extensiion at the side of the stage and applauded Ronnie's performance on CYHMK that night
August 16th, 2005 08:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
T&A wrote:

yes i can and i do

great post!!
just a matter of taste..
August 16th, 2005 09:12 AM
blackandblue I was in Ahoy' when 'the house came down' during Ronnie's solo on CYHMK. I was excited too. But be honest. Later on when I heard the boot I heard what actually happened. The excitement was caused by the fact the fans had waited for more than 30 years to hear this song played live. And the way Ronnie played the solo, very loud and with a lot of distortion, also caused excitement. But be honest. Listen to the boot and you must agree it really sucked. Later on I heard CYHMK in Utrecht. Same story. Listen again to the boot. I saw them live, heard the boots and watched the Flicks DVD. I come to the conclusion the solo on CYHMK never got off the ground.

And I am certainly not a Ronnie basher. As said before I think Ronnie was amazing in the seventies , early eighties. His solos were breathtaking. His solo on YCAGWYW was often brilliant. I wasn't there but again the boots will tell you the truth.
[Edited by blackandblue]
August 16th, 2005 09:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
I was in Ahoy' when 'the house came down' during Ronnie's solo on CYHMK. I was excited too. But be honest. Later on when I heard the boot I heard what actually happened. The excitement was caused by the fact the fans had waited for more than 30 years to hear this song played live. And the way Ronnie played the solo, very loud and with a lot of distortion, also caused excitement. But be honest. Listen to the boot and you must agree it really sucked. Later on I heard CYHMK in Utrecht. Same story. Listen again to the boot. I saw them live, heard the boots and watched the Flicks DVD. I come to the conclusion the solo on CYHMK never got off the ground.

And I am certainly not a Ronnie basher. As said before I think Ronnie was amazing in the seventies , early eighties. His solos were breathtaking. His solo on YCAGWYW was often brilliant. I wasn't there but again the boots will tell you the truth.
[Edited by blackandblue]

I was talking about MSG.period.

August 16th, 2005 09:28 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I was talking about MSG.period.

I saw that one on the DVD. I wasn't impressed!
August 16th, 2005 09:37 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

I saw that one on the DVD. I wasn't impressed!

good for you.
August 16th, 2005 09:38 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

good for you.

No, actually I was disappointed...
August 16th, 2005 09:47 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

No, actually I was disappointed...

it was better in the 70's!
August 16th, 2005 09:51 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

it was better in the 70's!

Agreed! Merci mon ami!
August 16th, 2005 09:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Agreed! Merci mon ami!

de rien....j espere que tu me paieras une bonne quinzaine de bieres a Amsterdam

August 16th, 2005 10:01 AM
blackandblue quinzaine???? If you drink so much you won't be able to hear whether a solo is good or not!
August 16th, 2005 10:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
quinzaine???? If you drink so much you won't be able to hear whether a solo is good or not!

and I often drink while watching FF LOL
cheers
Ju
August 16th, 2005 10:10 AM
sirmoonie CYHMK was one of the highlights of the Licks tour. Just the fact that they did it after all these years is cool enough. But it smoked! Compare the warmup they did at the Toronto theater kick off with MSG. Ronnie and the whole band nailed it.

Some of you guys....I swear you would put gravy of a fish sandwich, so to speak.
August 16th, 2005 10:21 AM
nankerphelge I wif you moonsie!

CYHMK was a highlight and Ronald did just fine in the shows that I saw. Never expected him to be stellar, yet on a couple of shows I thought he was.

Sway, unlike CYHMK, is not as well known a song to the average fan -- doubt it would generate anywhere near the excitement, even if everyone nailed it!
August 16th, 2005 10:40 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
time is on my side wrote:

As I told you in another thread, comparing the CROWES to the STONES is like comparing a minor league team to a major league team except to the hard core, fanatics fresh off from posting on the BLACK CROWES message board; the STONES are in a different league when it comes to talent.

But what the hell, I'm not going to convince you of that because your a fanatic. To each their own. I do like the CROWES, have all their albums even if they do go a little stale over time as many of their songs sound the same, AND would recommend their live show to anyone. It's great entertainment.

Also, in this entire thread, I keep on hearing from JB and his loyal band of kiss ass followers on how terrible the STONES are, how lousy their guitarist are, and how once upon a time over 30 years they were a great band. Look you're certainly entitled to your opinion and it's just as valid as mine but I, for one, get tired of all this negativity at a time when it should be mostly positive. I know I won't be greeted but, unlike some of the ones that are wetting themselves at night, I look upon as a good thing. What do you think about that????

I think you're missing the point of what a msg board actually is: its a place where people are free to express their opinions.

and in reading this thread, and others, you will see that are a lot of fans here that think that Keith & Ronnie's best days are behind them and that they may no longer be able to cut the mustard on some of the harder rocking tunes.

I am one of the people that happen to agree with that camp. I think that Keith's intro on CYHMK during the Licks tour was weak, limp and embarrassing.

I've heard the Crowes do it and it kicked ass and sounded as ballsy and rough as the original.

I hate hearing the Licks version. If someone here knows of another band that can play it better than I'd love for them to mention it and hopefully turn me onto it. Thats one of the cool aspects of a msg board.

thats all I''m doing here. Pointing out that theres a band that can rock these tunes.

You can try and dismiss me as a "fanatic" of the Crowes. But the only band I've ever been a fanatic for - and still am - is the Stones. You're not going to see me hop a flight to see the Crowes up in Canada on a moments notice. Theyre not my favorite band. I do think they rock. And I do think they especially rock out harder than the current state of the Stones on certain songs. And as much as I've grown up my entire life obsessed with the Stones, I am pleased to say that I am an objective Stones fan these days. I have no problem admitting that other bands have come around and are now one-upping the Stones these days. Thats my honest opinion and I'm free here to express it, whether you agree with it or not. And if the stuff I write about the Crowes bothers you so much that you cant stand to read it than you can always just ignore my posts.

this is a msg board and I'm free to express my thoughts.

The Black Crowes play CYHMK better than the Stones. You can accept it and dig it or bury you're head in the sand and fool yourself that Keith's arthritic fingers can still bash out a power chord. Either thought is fine. But don't accuse me of being a fanatic. Or dismiss my right to express my opinions.
August 16th, 2005 10:45 AM
jb Great Post..sadly, like our President, some here wish to ignore reality ........
August 16th, 2005 10:48 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Great Post..sadly, like our President, some here wish to ignore reality ........

I'm seriously thinking of driving down to Crawford , TX this weekend to join the protesters .....care to ride along ?!?!

Good !!!!

[Edited by Joey]
August 16th, 2005 10:51 AM
sirmoonie And don't forget Mick's singing on CYHMK. I mean Jesus fucking Christ almighty, we're talking about a guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue." He was imploring the audience to kill on CYHMK. To kill. It was like a Jerry Springer show.
August 16th, 2005 10:55 AM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
And don't forget Mick's singing on CYHMK. I mean Jesus fucking Christ almighty, we're talking about a guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue." He was imploring the audience to kill on CYHMK. To kill. It was like a Jerry Springer show.

The Pope does a nice version of Horst Wessel Lied (Horst Wessel's Song)
August 16th, 2005 10:56 AM
blackandblue Mick is beyond discussion!
August 16th, 2005 11:19 AM
Scottfree I don't see the fascination or difficulty with Sway, it's a good tune but an accomplished Highschool band could play it w/o issue. Time Waits for no one, is their true masterpiece and techinical gem....I wouldn't care if they f'd it up, I would expect them to (managing your expectations is the key), but I still would love to hear them try....
August 16th, 2005 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
I don't see the fascination or difficulty with Sway, it's a good tune but an accomplished Highschool band could play it w/o issue. Time Waits for no one, is their true masterpiece and techinical gem....I wouldn't care if they f'd it up, I would expect them to (managing your expectations is the key), but I still would love to hear them try....

Ronnie and Keith are no longer accomplished highschool musicians.............................................
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)