ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Throbby!!
Mobile stage - Fenway Park, Boston - August 21, 2005
© Throbby
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sway has been rehearsed Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
August 14th, 2005 08:53 AM
DiamondsDisease Hi people. Although I have visited this board every now and then, I´m new over here. I just read on http://stones.web-log.nl that Sway has been rehearsed... Now all we need is Let it Loose and we are going to have a killer tour out there and a killer album. Greetz....
August 14th, 2005 09:26 AM
Gazza ****tingle****
August 14th, 2005 09:34 AM
jb Sway w/out MT would be a huge mistake......
August 14th, 2005 10:20 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
jb wrote:
Sway w/out MT would be a huge mistake......

Not as huge of one as Sway w/ MT!

It'd be really interesting to see the current take on "Sway." I imagine it sounding a little bit like "That's How Strong My Love Is" from Roseland with a little more guitar, as they don't have a string section to speak of (yet... shudder). The horns could throw some very convincing soul-sounds into the tune.

Of course, it could also just suck. But it would be worth seeing them try it.
August 14th, 2005 10:25 AM
blackandblue In what shape is Ronnie? Has he recoverd from his his breakdown? That's the question. Without a good solo it has no use in playing this song live.
August 14th, 2005 10:31 AM
gotdablouse Breakdown ?
August 14th, 2005 10:48 AM
blackandblue
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Breakdown ?

Collapse, crackup, slump, dip (since 1982)
August 14th, 2005 10:55 AM
jb
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Collapse, crackup, slump, dip (since 1982)

Ronnie is capable of basic playing on the level of say Voodoo or others here...He has no ability to play any meaningful solos as we have all too painfully seen.
August 14th, 2005 10:59 AM
LadyJane JB...I just had a brilliant idea.

Buy a pair of onstage seats and bring MICK TAYLOR as your guest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...I forgot...you aren't attending any shows. Damn that would have been a site.

LMAO

LJ.

Congrats on the Miami sell out.
August 14th, 2005 11:05 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
JB...I just had a brilliant idea.

Buy a pair of onstage seats and bring MICK TAYLOR as your guest!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh...I forgot...you aren't attending any shows. Damn that would have been a site.

LMAO

LJ.

Congrats on the Miami sell out.

I shall not attend any shows.............. Just ordered a 2006 HD VRSCR "Street Rod" and I am ready to roll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 14th, 2005 11:08 AM
blackandblue Besides MT has lost it too. He is not the guitarist any longer who sets the stage on fire...
[Edited by blackandblue]
August 14th, 2005 11:10 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Not as huge of one as Sway w/ MT!

It'd be really interesting to see the current take on "Sway." I imagine it sounding a little bit like "That's How Strong My Love Is" from Roseland with a little more guitar, as they don't have a string section to speak of (yet... shudder). The horns could throw some very convincing soul-sounds into the tune.

Of course, it could also just suck. But it would be worth seeing them try it.

Ew. Horns on Sway? Give me the strings any day.

Better the real strings on Sway and Moonlight than those godawful sounds that muck up the middle of Streets of Love. I can already hear how bad that's gonna sound the three or four times they play it live on stage before dropping it.
August 14th, 2005 11:12 AM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Ew. Horns on Sway? Give me the strings any day.

Better the real strings on Sway and Moonlight than those godawful sounds that muck up the middle of Streets of Love. I can already hear how bad that's gonna sound the three or four times they play it live on stage before dropping it.

Asheville was so cool nasty!!!! Marble Ice-cream was delicious and Blues Travelers were good..................
August 14th, 2005 11:13 AM
Gimme Shelter I for one think its great news if they are indeed rehearsing Sway. Its been the song most requested to be heard live, especially on this board, since I can remember. I sure hope they play it in San Francisco.
August 14th, 2005 11:16 AM
jb
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
I for one think its great news if they are indeed rehearsing Sway. Its been the song most requested to be heard live, especially on this board, since I can remember. I sure hope they play it in San Francisco.

Do any of you remember CYHMK..do you really want another imortant soley butchered by Liverwurst?
August 14th, 2005 11:22 AM
blackandblue It was also great news when they put CYHMK on the setlist.
But Ronnie blew it. His solo was an absolute mockery.
August 14th, 2005 11:22 AM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
Do any of you remember CYHMK..do you really want another imortant soley butchered by Liverwurst?

Ronnie der beruchte Mahler!
August 14th, 2005 11:24 AM
jb
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
It was also great news when they put CYHMK on the setlist.

The only god parts were Keith's opening riff and the long sax jam(actually a little too long Bobby).
August 14th, 2005 11:24 AM
luxury1 I, too, cant help but think this MT song would be better left on the shelf--didnt Mick and MT write it? It sounds kinda hard to sing, and well, the instrumentation lends itself to studio work, not live.
August 14th, 2005 11:25 AM
blackandblue
quote:
jb wrote:
The only god parts were Keith's opening riff and the long sax jam(actually a little too long Bobby).

And I liked Mick's harmonica!
August 14th, 2005 11:27 AM
telecaster
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
It was also great news when they put CYHMK on the setlist.

Have you seen Mick Taylor try and play his own solos anytime in the last 15 yrs?

OUCH!

jb can slam a gallon of Ashville ice cream quicker than MT can play a lead from ANY Stones song which he didn't write
when he was with them

TELE!
August 14th, 2005 11:33 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Have you seen Mick Taylor try and play his own solos anytime in the last 15 yrs?

OUCH!

jb can slam a gallon of Ashville ice cream quicker than MT can play a lead from ANY Stones song which he didn't write
when he was with them

TELE!

MT may not be what he once was, but he could play better notes than Ronnie in his sleep..........
August 14th, 2005 11:54 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
jb wrote:

Asheville was so cool nasty!!!! Marble Ice-cream was delicious and Blues Travelers were good..................

You were there for Bele Chere?!?!?

Dude, I fled town, like I always do.

Blues Traveller and Marble Ice Cream?

So our top attractions were a despicable jam band and a national ice cream chain?

Oh, wait. That does sound like the basic Asheville experience.

Marble Slab does kick ass.

August 14th, 2005 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

You were there for Bele Chere?!?!?

Dude, I fled town, like I always do.

Blues Traveller and Marble Ice Cream?

So our top attractions were a despicable jam band and a national ice cream chain?

Oh, wait. That does sound like the basic Asheville experience.

Marble Slab does kick ass.

I looked for you...went by Voltage records and it was closed.....enjoyed the Grove Park Inn and Biltmore Esate and winery..............they were a lot of fucked up people that evening....I am serious when I tell you at least 3 times guys bumped into my wife and kids and I almost lost it.....
August 14th, 2005 12:07 PM
Nasty Habits I always flee town that weekend. It's not worth the crowds of drunken red necks. I know exactly what you're talking about with/re: people bumping into you.

Did you STAY at the Grove Park?
August 14th, 2005 12:08 PM
jb
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
I always flee town that weekend. It's not worth the crowds of drunken red necks. I know exactly what you're talking about with/re: people bumping into you.

Did you STAY at the Grove Park?

See above....................
August 14th, 2005 12:08 PM
T&A the "fan" in me is intrigued and excited about the prospect of Sway on the stage. The realist and critic in me knows they shouldn't try it. Can't imagine they could pull it off to any degree of satisfaction. Would love to be proven wrong. But, as someone pointed out above - CHYMK turned out to be a dud last time .... actually it might have worked okay if they had not let Ronnie solo - it was decent up to that point.
August 14th, 2005 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
T&A wrote:
the "fan" in me is intrigued and excited about the prospect of Sway on the stage. The realist and critic in me knows they shouldn't try it. Can't imagine they could pull it off to any degree of satisfaction. Would love to be proven wrong. But, as someone pointed out above - CHYMK turned out to be a dud last time .... actually it might have worked okay if they had not let Ronnie solo - it was decent up to that point.

Agreed.....too bad Keith can't take over the solos....
August 14th, 2005 12:36 PM
kath josh...don't worry about any of this...you're not going to any shows, remember???

just go about your daily life.....as though nothing was happening....
August 14th, 2005 12:38 PM
jb
quote:
kath wrote:
josh...don't worry about any of this...you're not going to any shows, remember???

just go about your daily life.....as though nothing was happening....

You are much loved by the Joey!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)