ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Euro 2004 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
21st June 2004 05:36 PM
Angiegirl And Netherlands / Sweden
21st June 2004 06:29 PM
Jumacfly and Latvia/ Bulgaria
22nd June 2004 12:03 AM
Mr Jimmy I'm hoping for:

England
France
The Netherlands

As for Latvia/Bulgaria... I don't have have any emotional ties but I think I'll PULL for Latvia because of their women.
22nd June 2004 04:45 AM
Honky Tonk Man WAYNE ROONEY!!!!!!!!!
22nd June 2004 07:18 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
WAYNE ROONEY!!!!!!!!!

What a legend mate!

Hey mate, I was in the Walkabout bar at Temple for the Swiss game and ITV had their cameras in the bar! When Des Lynam said "now over to a central London audience" its was us getting ripped!
Cameras were their last night as well but I watched elsewhere!

Although we played well we were very weak and vunerable at the back - but we should enjoy the success!
22nd June 2004 12:32 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff And tonight Italy (my team ??!) Will go OUT!
Oh , I'm sure that will happen, we 'll win with Bulgary but the other teams will go on with a good hands that shakes...2-2...
But it does'nt matter, I only love Cassano and TOTTI, I like the good players like Rooney or Barros (Czeck), Lampard or Viera, champions like Zizou , Henry, Rud Van Nistelroy and my wonder boy Cassano.
I hope for final like France - England, or Czeck - Portugal-
Hey Jumacfly !!! I read your post, and I Love it!
Always Lazio merda and Go for Totti-gol!
Take a look at this french fool site (for ROMA supporters)
http://www.asromacalcio.fr.st/
ciao!
22nd June 2004 01:15 PM
Jumacfly Fabio!!
thanks for the link
good luck for tonight, even if it s gonna be hard!!

and just for you and all people that hate soccer on this board
22nd June 2004 02:08 PM
stewed & Keefed Rooney 'the new Pele'

England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson says Wayne Rooney is the greatest teenage talent to emerge since Pele.

Rooney, 18, grabbed two goals as England beat Croatia 4-2 to make the last eight of Euro 2004.

Eriksson said: "I don't remember anyone making such an impact on a tournament since Pele in the 1958 World Cup.

"I don't really know what to say. He's absolutely fantastic, not only at scoring goals but he plays football - he's a complete footballer."

Pele, widely regarded as the greatest footballer of all time, inspired Brazil to victory at the 1958 World Cup finals as a 17-year-old.

On current form, Rooney is the best player in Europe

Steven Gerrard on his fellow Merseyside star
Moyes realistic over Rooney
England skipper David Beckham agreed with his coach's assessment of Rooney, who is now the tournament's top scorer with four goals.

"I think he's probably right," he said.

"It's a great compliment but I think he deserves it because of how he is performing.

"If he carries on, then hopefully we'll go a long way in this tournament.

"He's an amazing player, he's proving that to a lot of people over here. He doesn't have to prove it to us because we know what a great player he is.

"He's doing it in each game and we're very happy to have him in our team."

Eriksson added: "He deserves all the attention and all the front page headlines. I sometimes feel I shouldn't say too much but he has been absolutely incredible.

"I don't need to tell him how to score goals. It is better I don't say anything, his vision is incredible, he's ready for anything."

Rooney's close friend, England midfielder Steven Gerrard, also insisted the Everton striker is the best player in Europe and could inspire Eriksson's squad to their first European Championship win.

"On current form, he is the best player in Europe," said the Liverpool captain.

"His performances have been really mature. He holds the ball up well, brings people into play, and now he's getting important goals as well.

"If you look at his performances over the last three games, he has definitely helped us get to the quarter-finals and I'm sure he'll help us progress even more.

"Everything about his game is spot-on, and he can help us win the tournament."

22nd June 2004 02:11 PM
stewed & Keefed Denmark v Sweden

GROUP C

Venue: Bessa stadium, Porto
Date/time: Tue, 22 June, 1945 BST
Referee: Markus Merk (Germany)

------------------------------------------------------------

Denmark: Sorensen, Helveg, Laursen, Henriksen, N Jensen, Gravesen, Tomasson, D Jensen; Gronkjaer, Sand, Joergensen.

Sweden: Isaksson, Nilsson, Mellberg, Jakobsson, Edman, Andersson, Kallstrom, Jonson, Ljungberg; 10-Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Larsson.

Referee: Markus Merk (Germany)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy v Bulgaria

GROUP C

Venue: Dom Afonso Henriques, Guimar�es
Date/time: Tue, 22 June, 1945 BST
Referee: Valentin Ivanov (Russia)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM NEWS

Italy: Buffon, Panucci, Nesta, Materazzi, Zambrotta, Fiore, Pirlo, Perrotta, Cassano, Del Piero, Corradi.
Subs: Toldo, Peruzzi, Oddo, Zanetti, Ferrari, Vieri, Favalli, Camoranesi, Di Vaio.

Bulgaria: Zdravkov, Borimirov, Pazhin, Zagorchich, Stoyanov, Milen Petkov, Yankovich, Hristov, Lazarov, Martin Petrov, Berbatov.
Subs: Kolev, Ivankov, Ivanov, Ivaylo Petkov, Kotev, Dimitrov, Peev, Chilikov, Manchev, Bojinov.

Referee: Valentin Ivanov (Russia)

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
22nd June 2004 03:09 PM
Angiegirl Nice weather in Portugal...
22nd June 2004 03:20 PM
marko Its a bit like Finland past few weeks,,,,,,,rain,rain...
Denmark just got a goal.
22nd June 2004 03:26 PM
Angiegirl Hopefully it's dry tomorrow, coz the Dutch aren't used to rain...

So Marko, do you want Sweden to win?
22nd June 2004 03:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hopefully it's dry tomorrow, coz the Dutch aren't used to rain...

So Marko, do you want Sweden to win?

Hi Angie ...........I like the rain .
22nd June 2004 03:48 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:
Rooney 'the new Pele'

If my Ant would have balls then I call her Uncle..

22nd June 2004 04:40 PM
Angiegirl Goodbye Italy. Sorry Fabio. Holland will face the same fate tomorrow.
22nd June 2004 04:45 PM
stewed & Keefed Italy 2-1 Bulgaria
Denmark 2-2 Sweden
Denmark and Sweden both qualify, and the result confirms Italy are out of the competition despite beating Bulgaria.
The Italians look shattered as they take in the news that despite grabbing an injury-time win, they are out of Euro 2004 because the Sweden v Denmark game has produced a 2-2 draw, the one result that sees both Scandinavian teams through and eliminates Italy.
22nd June 2004 07:08 PM
stewed & Keefed Holland are trying to overcome the pain of defeat to the Czech Republic as they prepare to face Latvia on Wednesday.
The squad's fate is out of their hands, as they must rely on the Czechs beating Germany in the other Group D match.

"I'm sure our players will give everything," said Holland coach Willem van Hanegem, covering for under-fire Dick Advocaat at the news conference.

"It is annoying to depend on others but we caused this situation so you can't blame anyone else for it."

Advocaat came in for ferocious criticism after making several controversial substitutions - in particular replacing Arjen Robben with Paul Bosvelt - in Holland's 3-2 defeat to the Czech Republic, a match his side had led 2-0.

Advocaat defends tactics
And the former Rangers boss declined to attend Monday's pre-match news conference, sending Van Hanegem to take questions in his place.

"We had some discussion among the technical staff about the changes," said Van Hanegem.

"I thought there were other possibilities, but it still is Advocaat's responsibility.

"Everyone is blaming the technical staff for this loss but no one talks about the defensive errors that costs us two goals.

"But I think we are over-rated. We have quality players but are simply not a team who will run over every opponent."

Dutch midfielder Edgar Davids shared Van Hanegam's annoyance at having to rely on other results going their way.

"Our fate is now in the hands of the Czechs, and that's very frustrating," said Davids.

"On the other hand, we have to focus and win our game. We only have one chance and we have to take it with both hands."

Davids suggested Advocaat had to accept some of the blame for Holland's precarious position but also insisted the players were at fault for allowing a winning position to slip their hands.

"We have to assess the whole team and the coach is part of that." he said.

"You win together, you lose together and that is what happened (in the) last match.

"Everyone is responsible for what happened."

Overmars wary of early exit
Holland striker Ruud van Nistelrooy said he was still confident of success following his good run of form in front of goal.

"I have scored two goals in as many matches and want to continue that against Latvia," he said.

"We can still qualify and have to keep going
22nd June 2004 07:10 PM
stewed & Keefed Voller: 'We need a Rooney'

GERMANY v CZECH REP

Rudi Voller has bemoaned Germany's lack of goals ahead of their must-win game against the Czech Republic.
"There are world-class strikers in this tournament but we have to use other methods," admitted the coach.

Germany have netted just once so far in Euro 2004, courtesy of Torsten Frings' free-kick in the 1-1 draw with Holland.

But Voller said: "It is unfair to criticise the attackers when the goals do not come as it concerns the entire team rather than a few individuals."

The former striker singled out England's Wayne Rooney for praise after his four goals in the tournament to date and his all-round attacking game.

"Rooney has showed how dangerous he is in front of goal. He is valuable for the team, has a great shooting technique and is fast on the counter attack."

Germany strikers Kevin Kuranyi, Fredi Bobic and Miroslav Klose have all, by contrast, failed to score so far in Portugal.

But Voller added: "I am sure we can solve our attacking problems."

German supporters are also looking to Michael Ballack to open his account, but the midfield star said: "I am not putting myself under pressure.

"It is not important whether I get the goals or someone else does as long as someone scores."

Ballack has netted 19 times for Germany, more than any of the strikers in the squad.

Voller said: "Michael has worked hard and is now the focal point, and he can cope with that."

"But getting him into goalscoring positions is crucial. We need to get him into the penalty area."

But Ballack said: "I have never played up front at club level and feel my qualities are best-suited to midfield."

23rd June 2004 12:21 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Sad about Spain and now my third favourite Italy...

obWho: WHO'S NEXT?
23rd June 2004 01:43 AM
marko ah whos next to fall? Thats Germany.Checks will kick their
arses today.Holland will beat latvia 3-1.
23rd June 2004 08:47 AM
peterdv agree totally Marko
Germany will get kicked out and the Netherlands will have to luck to win 1-0 and go on ..but will get kicked out in the quarter final because they will meet there superiors, The Swedish team that is

cheers
Peter
23rd June 2004 09:02 AM
egon i can't seem to focus on my work today...
23rd June 2004 09:04 AM
egon
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Sad about Spain and now my third favourite Italy...

obWho: WHO'S NEXT?

hello vodoo,
is it correct that u had some sort of accident..?
23rd June 2004 11:58 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
marko wrote:
ah whos next to fall? Thats Germany.Checks will kick their
arses today.Holland will beat latvia 3-1.

Thanks Marko, but I don't think it'll happen like that tonite unfortunately. The Germans are too determined and the Dutch are too nervous . The latter will be going home tomorrow. But for now I'll just wait and see what'll happen in 3 hours.

O, and yesterday Ronald Koeman said the Dutch could easily beat Sweden, so I have faith in his words
23rd June 2004 12:01 PM
jb Looks like England is running away with this..a very powwerful team with the best soccer player in the world, the gogeous David Beckham(also known as Mr. Posh Spice).
23rd June 2004 12:17 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:
the best soccer player in the world, the gogeous David Beckham(also known as Mr. Posh Spice).

LOL, the best soccer player , ah ah JB it s your best post since a long time!!
Marrying a lazy bitch is not a factor of success in soccer...but, i agree England is one of the favourites, play very good, but Sweden and Czek Republic seems in a great form, tha t s my podium for this Euro.

ah, Fabio,sorry for yesterday,but I hope for you Roma is gonna win the next Calcio

cheers
Julian
23rd June 2004 12:53 PM
stewed & Keefed Bad news for Holland.

Czechs planning ahead and playing second eleven

GERMANY v CZECH REP

The Czech Republic are already looking past final group game opponents Germany to potential quarter-final opponents.
The Group D winners will play the Group C runners-up in Porto on Sunday, and will rest some of their key players.

But assistant coach Miroslav Ber�nek insisted they would not be letting up against the Germans.

"We want to finish the group with a third victory in a row," he said. "Our substitutes are hungry to finally get a game so they can prove themselves.

"But the quarter-final is the most important thing for us right now," he added.

"The guys are motivated, they feel a chance they can prove themselves. We still want to win [against Germany] though, it's good for our self-confidence."

In-form striker Milan Baros, who scored his country's stunning equaliser against Holland, should start against the Germans.

The Liverpool player claimed he is unconcerned about which team the Czechs will play in the last eight.

"If we want to win here, we must beat everybody

23rd June 2004 12:55 PM
stewed & Keefed Germany v Czech Rep

GROUP D

Venue: Jose Alvalade, Lisbon
Date/time: Wed, 23 June, 1945 BST
Referee: Terje Hauge (Norway)

TEAM NEWS
The Czech Republic, already into the quarter-finals, are set to rest some of their stars against Germany.

Pavel Nedved, Jan Koller and Karel Poborsky could all be sidelined, as could Tomas Galasek who was booked in the 3-2 win over Holland.

Germany's Dietmar Hamann is fit to play after shaking off a thigh injury, and fellow midfielder Bernd Schneider is also back in training.

Bastian Schweinsteiger (calf) remains a doubt but is expected to play.

Germany (probable): Kahn, Friedrich, Woerns, Nowotny, Lahm, Hamann, Baumann, Schweinsteiger, Ballack, Frings, Kuranyi.

Czech Republic (probable): Blazek, Hubschman, Ujfalusi, Bolf, Jiranek, Plasil, Tyce, Smicer, Vachousek, Heinz, Baros.

Holland v Latvia

GROUP D

Venue: Braga Municipal, Braga
Date/time: Wed, 23 June, 1945 BST
Referee: Kim Milton Nielsen (Denmark)

TEAM NEWS
Holland are expected to replace suspended full-back Johnny Heitinga with Michael Reiziger.

Pierre van Hooijdonk is likely to miss out with a back injury, Giovanni van Bronkhorst should be fit and Frank de Boer will replace Wilfred Bouma.

Latvia are expected to remain unchanged from the side that drew with Germany.

Midfielder Valentins Lobanovs has been training on his own after picking up a muscle injury but is expected to make the starting line-up.

Holland (probable): Van der Sar, Stam, F de Boer, Van Bronkhorst, Reiziger, Cocu, Davids, Seedorf, Robben, Van der Meyde, Van Nistelrooy

Latvia (probable): Kolinko, Stepanovs, Zemlinskis, Isakovs, Blagonadezdins, Rubins, Lobanovs, Astafjevs, Bledielis, Prohorenkovs, Verpakovskis

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]
23rd June 2004 01:12 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff Great friend Julian the jumacfly!!!
Ciao!
23rd June 2004 02:00 PM
marko Sweden isn�t easy to beat.....neither is Denmark.Not an easy
task for Holland.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14