ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Euro 2004 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
26th June 2004 05:32 PM
Monkey Woman Yeah! Way to go!!!
26th June 2004 05:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat We are the champions, we are the champions!!!

26th June 2004 05:39 PM
Moonisup what a game, bad for your heart!!!

VAn der sar is a hero
26th June 2004 05:40 PM
Angiegirl Uhn, yeah, except they have to play against Portugal on Wednesday first (and win the final). we've got a long way to go, but at least we reached the semi-s!!!

hup holland hup!!!
26th June 2004 05:43 PM
Angiegirl My god, you should hear the noise in the streets over here
26th June 2004 05:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
My god, you should hear the noise in the streets over here

Here too! Fireworks and stuff!!
26th June 2004 05:46 PM
Angiegirl Well, yeah, duh, with 'over here' I meant Holland, for the non-Dutch...
26th June 2004 05:48 PM
Monkey Woman Angie, keep predicting bad news for the Orange team, they'll win the tournament for sure!
26th June 2004 05:50 PM
Angiegirl I know, I can't stop now, can I? So, Holland will be beaten by Portugal big time, they won't stand a chance...
26th June 2004 05:58 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I know, I can't stop now, can I? So, Holland will be beaten by Portugal big time, they won't stand a chance...

Portugal-Holland: 15-0
26th June 2004 06:46 PM
bootcover

26th June 2004 06:59 PM
F505 Let's be honest: we didn't play well and it was a very narrow escape. But I am happy for Van der Sar. Great save
[Edited by F505]
26th June 2004 07:53 PM
stewed & Keefed Holland end Swede dream

Sweden 0-0 Holland (AET)
(Holland go through 5-4 on penalties)
Holland reached the semi-finals with a 5-4 penalty shoot-out win over Sweden.

The inspirational Arjen Robben scored the winning penalty after Edwin van der Sar saved Olof Mellberg's spot-kick.

Swedish keeper Andreas Isaksson had kept his side in the game, though he enjoyed some luck as well, notably when a Robben shot hit the post.

Sweden also hit the woodwork first through a Henrik Larsson volley and then Fredrik Ljungberg's low shot, but Holland were worthy winners.

Initially Holland had concentrated their attacks down the Swedish left, with the Chelsea-bound Robben prominent in the best of those Dutch attacking movements.

As early as the fourth minute Isaksson had to punch clear a Robben cross and soon after the Swedish goalkeeper did well to tip over the bar a shot from the Dutch winger.

A long-throw from the Dutch right was then flicked on by Philip Cocu to Ruud van Nistelrooy but his shot was bravely blocked by Mellberg.

Another feature of Holland's attacking play was the way Robben and Holland's other winger Andy van der Meyde frequently swapped flanks.

It was from the left wing that Robben broke inside and linked well with Van Nistelrooy, to set up a shot for Michael Reiziger.

Deprived of possession Sweden were restricted to a couple of tame efforts from free-kicks though just before the interval Mattias Jonson crossed for Anders Svensson, whose goalbound shot was blocked by Wilfred Bouma.

Ten minutes after the interval a Jaap Stam mis-kick landed at the feet of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but the Swedish striker's shot was cleared by Cocu.

On 83 minutes Ibrahimovic set up substitute Kim Kallstrom, whose shot was superbly blocked by Johnny Heitinga.

As the game opened up Van Nistelrooy, who was isolated for long periods in the game, began to find more space.

Just past the hour Van Nistelrooy killed Clarence Seedorf's diagonal pass on his chest and the ball went just wide after the Dutch striker's shot rebounded off Isaksson.

In the closing stages of normal time Holland piled on the pressure and Van Nistelrooy and Roy Makaay went close.

Holland dominated the first period of extra-time, a Robben effort hitting the post after the swerve of the shot deceived Isaksson.

However the Swedish goalkeeper recovered himself as he dived low to fist away Seedorf's shot.

Isaksson made an even better save from a Seedorf free-kick when he flung himself to his right to get his hand to the ball.

But Sweden also went close, notably when Larsson swivelled and volleyed against the bar and then Ljungberg's low shot rebounded off the post.

Holland had lost penalty shoot-outs in 1992, 1996, 1998 and 2000, but after Van der Sar threw himself to save Mellberg's effort, Robben calmly slotted the ball into the corner.
PENALTY SHOOT-OUT
Sweden v Holland
(Sweden took first penalty)
1-0: Kallstrom scores
1-1: Van Nistelrooy scores
2-1: Larsson scores
2-2: Heitinga scores
2-2: Ibrahimovic misses
2-3: Reiziger scores
2-3: Terry scores
3-3: Ljungberg scores
3-3: Cocu misses
4-3: Wilhelmsson scores
4-4: Makaay scores
4-4: Mellberg misses
4-5: Robben scores

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sweden: Isaksson, Ostlund, Mellberg, Jakobsson, Nilsson, Jonson (Wilhelmsson 64), Linderoth, Ljungberg, Svensson (Kallstrom 81), Ibrahimovic, Larsson.
Subs not used: Hedman, Kihlstedt, Lucic, Mjallby, Hansson, Andersson, Farnerud, Allback, Wahlstedt.

Booked: Ibrahimovic, Ostlund.

Holland: Van der Sar, Reiziger, Stam, de Boer (Bouma 35), Van Bronckhorst, Davids (Heitinga 61), Seedorf, Cocu, Van der Meyde (Makaay 87), van Nistelrooy, Robben.
Subs not used: Westerveld, Waterreus, Kluivert, Van der Vaart, Sneijder, Overmars, Van Hooijdonk, Bosvelt, Zenden.

Booked: de Boer, Van der Meyde, Makaay.

Attendance: 30,000.

Referee: Lubos Michel (Slovakia).

27th June 2004 04:07 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
F505 wrote:
Let's be honest: we didn't play well and it was a very narrow escape. But I am happy for Van der Sar. Great save
[Edited by F505]

wtf? we made it!
27th June 2004 05:29 AM
stewed & Keefed Czech Republic v Denmark

QUARTER-FINAL FOUR

Venue: Dragao, Porto
Date/time: Sun, 27 June, 1945 BST
Referee: Valentin Ivanov (Russia)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TEAM NEWS
Czech Republic coach Karel Bruckner, who rested many first-choice players for the 2-1 win against Germany, will restore his stars against Denmark.

That means the likes of Pavel Nedved, Jan Koller and Tomas Rosicky will be back in action at the Dragao Stadium.

Danish striker Ebbe Sand (thigh injury) is a major doubt and is set to be replaced by Peter Madsen.

Niclas Jensen (leg injury) definitely misses the match, with Kasper Bogelund his likely replacement.

Czech Republic (probable): Cech, Grygera, Bolf, Ujfalusi, Jankulovski, Poborsky, Galasek, Rosicky, Nedved, Baros, Koller

Denmark (probable): Sorensen, Helveg, Henriksen, Laursen, Jorgensen, Bogelund, Gravesen, Poulsen, Rommedahl, Tomasson, Madsen.

27th June 2004 02:40 PM
stewed & Keefed Czech Rep v Denmark

Pre-match build up:
The atmosphere is building around Estadio do Dragao as kick-off approaches.

Both sets of supporters are desperate for their team to win - especially given that surprise-package Greece lie in wait.

But with the tournament now in the knock-out phase there seems to be a lot more neutral fans, who bought tickets long ago hoping their team would be playing in this fixture.

After a few cloudy days in Porto it is scorching hot once again, with only a gentle breeze to cool the players.

If the match goes to extra-time, as two of the quarter-finals already have, it will really test their stamina.

Team news:
Czech Republic make one change from the team that started their 3-2 group victory over Holland.

Defender Rene Bolf, who played in their final group match against Germany, keeps his place at the expense of Zdenek Grygera.

Denmark striker Ebbe Sand has failed a fitness test and is replaced by Jon Dahl Tomasson with Claus Jensen drafted into midfield.

Kasper Bogelund is in for Niclas Jensen at left back while Christian Poulsen replaces Daniel Jensen in central midfield.

Czech Republic: Cech, Jiranek, Ujfalusi, Bolf, Jankulovski, Galasek, Poborsky, Rosicky, Nedved, Koller, Baros.
Subs: Blazek, Kinsky, Grygera, Mares, Smicer, Lokvenc, Vachousek, Hubschman, Heinz, Tyce, Plasil, Rozehnal.

Denmark: Sorensen, Helveg, Laursen, Henriksen, Bogelund, Poulsen, Claus Jensen, Gravesen, Gronkjaer, Tomasson, Jorgensen.
Subs: Skov-Jensen, Andersen, Niclas Jensen, Sand, Kahlenberg, Kroldrup, Daniel Jensen, Priske, Rommedahl, Perez, Madsen, Lovenkrands.

Referee: V Ivanov (Russia).

27th June 2004 04:16 PM
F505 Any Czechs here? Congratulations!

Congratulations, congratulations
Well done my friend, you've done it again
You've gone and broke another heart
Yeah, tore it apart
You've done it before, hope do it some more
You've got it down to a fine art
Remember the first time you tried to do it to me
There'll be no next time, just wait and see
Just wait and see

Congratulations, congratulations
You've gone and broke another heart
Yeah, tore it apart
27th June 2004 06:10 PM
Jumacfly hi there!
congrats Fotinid, great for Greece who did a superb game!
french were really out of game,how shameful are our tired millionaires!!!!

Congrats my dutchie friends, this Euro is very surprising!
i just come back from my week end, we did a party with a soon married friend,hard times and my brain boils right now

JU
27th June 2004 07:26 PM
stewed & Keefed Czech Republic 3-0 Denmark

Striker Milan Baros fired the Czech Republic into the semi-finals of Euro 2004 with two superb goals in the second half against Denmark.
Jan Koller had given the Czechs the lead after the break when he headed in Karel Poborsky's corner.

But it was Baros who stole the show, first lifting the ball over Denmark's Thomas Sorensen after latching on to Poborsky's clever through-ball.

Baros then met Pavel Nedved's pass to smash home his second inside the area.

The Czech Republic will face Euro 2004's surprise package Greece in Thursday's semi-final, with Baros now the competition's leading scorer on five goals.

The Czech Republic, who went into the quarter-final as the tournament's standout team to date, started brightly.

Target man Koller and his accomplice Baros kept the Denmark defence busy early on, while captain Nedved pulled the strings in midfield.

All three tested Denmark keeper Sorensen and Thomas Galasek tried his luck from range for the Czechs.

Denmark gradually imposed themselves on the game, their passing and movement accurate but without really posing much of a threat.

Given the importance of the encounter, caution was the dominant theme of a sterile first half.

But all that changed after the interval.

The game desperately needed a goal and it came four minutes into the second half when Koller rose unmarked in the Denmark area to head in Poborsky's corner.

Nedved burst forward to win the corner, but questions will be asked of Denmark defender Martin Laursen, who inexplicably failed to pick up the giant striker.

Denmark came back at the Czechs immediately, and Marek Jankulovski did well to keep Jon Dahl Tomasson at bay with a timely challenge.

The Czech Republic then stepped up a gear of their own and the game was effectively over as contest after two excellent goals in two minutes by Baros.

Sensing that the game had swung in their favour, Poborsky stormed down the right and picked out Baros with an exquisite through-ball.

The Czech forward kept his cool when going in on goal and finished with a deft chip over Sorensen.

If his first goal was all about finesse, Baros' second was a product of his powerful left foot as he smashed Nedved's defence-splitting pass past a shellshocked Sorensen.

The Czechs deserve to win the tournament - they have played the most attacking football throughout

That was Baros' fifth goal of the tournament, making him Euro 2004's leading scorer.

Czech Republic coach Karel Bruckner opted to save his star striker for the semi-final and replaced him with the exciting Marek Heinz.

Denmark offered little in response after seeing their hopes of a meeting with Greece dashed within the space of minutes.

The Czechs finished strongly and will go into Thursday's game brimming with confidence after another accomplished performance.
KEY INCIDENTS
49 mins: Jan Koller heads the Czechs into the lead
63 mins: Milan Baros chips the ball over Thomas Sorensen
65 mins: Baros smashes home a left-foot strike for his second

Czech Republic: Cech, Jiranek (Grygera 39), Ujfalusi, Bolf (Rozehnal 64), Jankulovski, Galasek, Poborsky, Rosicky, Nedved, Koller, Baros (Heinz 70).
Subs Not Used: Blazek, Kinsky, Mares, Smicer, Lokvenc, Vachousek, Hubschman, Tyce, Plasil.

Booked: Jankulovski, Ujfalusi, Nedved.

Denmark: Sorensen, Helveg, Laursen, Henriksen, Bogelund, Poulsen, Claus Jensen (Madsen 71), Gravesen, Gronkjaer (Rommedahl 78), Tomasson, Jorgensen (Lovenkrands 85).
Subs Not Used: Skov-Jensen, Andersen, Niclas Jensen, Sand, Kahlenberg, Kroldrup, Daniel Jensen, Priske, Perez.

Booked: Poulsen, Bogelund, Gravesen.

Attendance: 41,092.

Referee: Valentin Ivanov (Russia).

27th June 2004 07:29 PM
stewed & Keefed Semi-finals

Wednesday 30 June 19:45, SF1
Portugal v Holland
Jos� Alvalade, Lisbon

Thursday 1 July 19:45, SF2
Greece v Czech Rep
Drag�o, Porto
27th June 2004 07:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is to summarize the best of the European Cup 2004

27th June 2004 07:38 PM
stewed & Keefed LOL
28th June 2004 04:46 AM
F505 Strange... I' haven't seen any of those highlights
28th June 2004 11:16 AM
egon things are shaping up nicely with this years eurocup

HUP HOLLAND HUP, LAAT DE LEEUW NIET IN ZN HEMPIE STAAN!!!
28th June 2004 12:32 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat That's it. I'm off to Portugal.
28th June 2004 01:13 PM
jb Is England out of the running?
28th June 2004 02:01 PM
erikjjf
quote:
jb wrote:
Is England out of the running?

Yep.
28th June 2004 02:04 PM
jb I cannot beleieve it!!! We(England) had everything in our favor....what happened?
28th June 2004 02:08 PM
F505 everything went wrong JB: kick and rush, David Beckham, the penalty's, the wrong coach, Rebecca Loos, the sun, The Sun, George Best, you name it.....
28th June 2004 02:12 PM
jb Well, that's very disappointing..I am happy for the Dutch fans..very surprsing....also the swedes are playing quite well...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14