ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Keithfucius say

oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!

Scanned from the cover of "Excellent and Unreleased"

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Euro 2004 Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15th June 2004 10:17 AM
egon tonite; the netherlands / germany.

i shit myself...
15th June 2004 10:22 AM
caro It's still time to consider yourself french, egon
15th June 2004 10:41 AM
marko My heart is for dutch,but i think its Germanys game.Or then
its 0-0 or 1-1.
Sweden has 2 perfect goal shooters.I know that about Italy,
but if they don�t do enough goals,they won�t make it far...
I think,that this year,we will see 2 non so usual coutries
playing for gold.
15th June 2004 12:25 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
egon wrote:
tonite; the netherlands / germany.
i shit myself...

Don't bother Egon, Germany's gonna beat us (well, us implies you too and you've become a petit pain, so it should say Holland instead) with 1-0. Of course I will watch the game later just to be sure...
15th June 2004 01:24 PM
jb Good luck to all the teams!!! I guess England is favored b/c they have the greatest soccer play in the world, David Beckham.
15th June 2004 02:01 PM
stewed & Keefed Late show saves Czechs

Marek Heinz's late goal gave the Czech Republic a winning start and saved them from a major upset at the hands of minnows Latvia.
A shock looked on the cards when Maris Verkapovskis tapped in Andrejs Prohorenkovs' to put Latvia ahead.

Milan Baros broke Latvia's stubborn resistance, cashing in on keeper Aleksandrs Kolinko's error to score.

With five minutes left another defensive error gave Heinz the chance to ram in a close-range winner

Pavel Nedved provided Latvia with an early taste of the big-time with a teasing cross in the opening seconds which had Aleksandrs Kolinko back-pedalling furiously before the ball drifted over his crossbar.

Andrejs Prohorenkovs gave a glimpse of the pace of the Latvian front players when he outstripped Zdenek Grygera to whip in a cross which Rene Bolf stabbed behind for a corner.

Nedved was a growing presence and when a loose clearance fell to him 18 yards out Igors Stepanovs threw himself in front of the powerful shot.

Nedved was popping up all over the place and his cross from the right dead-ball line was finger-tipped off Jan Koller's head by Kolinko.

But Latvia's pace always provided a threat and Prohorenkovs whipped in a cross from the right which the diving Maris Verpakovskis just failed to make contact with.

Latvia's inexperience showed as they conceded possession cheaply and Tomas Rosicky almost made them pay as he made space to fire in a shot which drew a full-length save from Kolinko.

The Czechs were asking the questions and after Bolf planted a header over the bar Karel Poborsky's rasping drive was inches over.

Stepanovs again came to Latvia's rescue when he bravely threw himself in front of Nedved's shot and on the stroke of half-time played an instrumental role as Latvia took a shock lead.

After breaking up an attack Stepanovs' pass send Prohorenkovs away down the left and his perfect cross provided a tap-in for Verpakovskis.

It was a similar parttern at the start of the second half, but a combination of stubborn Latvian defending and the poor quality of their final pass proved frustrating for the Czechs.

Kolinko was again alert to drop on to Poborsky's deflected shot and Poborsky then saw a thumping half volley clip the outside of the post.

Varkapovskis was a handful all afternoon

Milan Baros twice spurned clear-cut chances as the Czechs threw men forward.

On the hour he turned sharply to fire wide from 12 yards, but two minutes later he spurned an even better chance.

Poborsky's cross fell to Baros on the far post but after bringing the ball down, he poked it wide from five yards.

Latvia came within a whisker of extending their lead when Prohorenkovs curled a shot inches wide, while at the other end Kolinko produced a brilliant save to claw away Nedved's volley.

But it was Kolinko's error which handed the Czech a face-saver on 72 minutes.

Poborski's persistance bought him a yard to play in a cross which Kolinko could only flap down to Baros who this time made no mistake from 10 yards.

The Czechs could sniff victory now and laid siege to the Latvian goal.

They got their reward five minutes from time when Baros gave chase to a long ball and Mihails Zemlinskis' sliced clearance fell kindly for Heinz to smash the ball home.
KEY MOMENTS
45 mins: Verkapovskis puts Latvia 1-0 ahead.
72 mins Baros levels for the Czechs
85 mins: Heinz fires the Czechs' winners

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Czech Republic: Cech, Grygera, Ujfalusi, Bolf, Jankulovski, Galasek, Poborsky, Rosicky, Nedved, Koller, Baros.

Latvia: Kolinko, Stepanovs, Zemlinskis, Blagonadezdins, Isakovs, Lobanovs, Astafjevs, Bleidelis, Rubins; Prohorenkovs, Verpakovskis.

Referee: Gilles Veissiere (France).

15th June 2004 02:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
Good luck to all the teams!!! I guess England is favored b/c they have the greatest soccer play in the world, David Beckham.

I think that should be France with Zidane... I guess they're gonna win the championship. First Holland-Germany in 30 minutes. I'm ready ...
15th June 2004 02:28 PM
shakedhandswithkeith to my dutch friends:

don`t forget - it`s only football

fair play

and don`t be sure that we will beat you, I doubt, but I�m not sure
15th June 2004 02:31 PM
jb George Best was just fantastic in his prime!!!
15th June 2004 02:35 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
shakedhandswithkeith wrote:
to my dutch friends:

don`t forget - it`s only football

fair play

I'll play fair and I normally could care less about football It's just nice to join the hype, hahahaha!
15th June 2004 02:37 PM
Moonisup Deutchland Weltmeister 1974!
15th June 2004 02:39 PM
shakedhandswithkeith
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
Deutchland Weltmeister 1974!

1954 and 1990 to
15th June 2004 02:42 PM
Gazza >Good luck to all the teams!!! I guess England is favored b/c they have the greatest soccer play in the world, David Beckham.

England would be one of the favourites, Josh, but France would be THE favourites to win - the best side in the world along with Brazil - plus they have probably the two best players in the world - Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry. Beckham is the most famous player in the world, but I wouldnt say hes the best. Maybe in the top 5, perhaps.

Oh,and George Best was from Northern Ireland, not England as you may know (in fact we both went to the same school)...actually when he was in the US didnt he play for Fort Lauderdale, which is near you...
15th June 2004 02:45 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>Good luck to all the teams!!! I guess England is favored b/c they have the greatest soccer play in the world, David Beckham.

England would be one of the favourites, Josh, but France would be THE favourites to win - the best side in the world along with Brazil - plus they have probably the two best players in the world - Zinedine Zidane and Thierry Henry. Beckham is the most famous player in the world, but I wouldnt say hes the best. Maybe in the top 5, perhaps.

Oh,and George Best was from Northern Ireland, not England as you may know (in fact we both went to the same school)...actually when he was in the US didnt he play for Fort Lauderdale, which is near you...

Yes..in the late 70's for the Ft. Lauderdale strikers. I belive he had a serious drinking problem and underwent a successful liver transplant.
15th June 2004 03:00 PM
Gazza he did, but hes still drinking!!!!!
15th June 2004 03:02 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
he did, but hes still drinking!!!!!

Oh , I LOVE that ..............

|
|
|
|
|
V
15th June 2004 03:31 PM
Moonisup well, that 0-1 for Germany, damn holland plays bad,
15th June 2004 03:33 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
well, that 0-1 for Germany, damn holland plays bad,

I'm sorry Rik....but it's not over to the fat lady sings...don't ever give up!!!
15th June 2004 03:36 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
I'm sorry Rik....but it's not over to the fat lady sings...don't ever give up!!!

I don't really care, the germans are better, the start of the game was a kind of blitzkrieg, they are playing far better from the center to the goal. I don't mind if they win, I've made a bet with some classes I teach, and I had Germany winning
15th June 2004 03:41 PM
jb Holland's soccer team is like Ron Wood...loveable, but no talent....leave it for the germans for time management.
[Edited by jb]
15th June 2004 03:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jb wrote:
Holland's soccer team is like Ron Wood...loveable, but no talent....leave it for the germans for time management.
[Edited by jb]

Thanx JB, LOL!

Holland's gonna loose, told ya so.
15th June 2004 03:46 PM
Joey

Hi Angie !
15th June 2004 03:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
Holland's soccer team is like Ron Wood...loveable, but no talent....leave it for the germans for time management.
[Edited by jb]

that one is funny!!!
15th June 2004 03:58 PM
Angiegirl Hi Joe-yyy
15th June 2004 04:09 PM
caro Comment on the french radio : "ooh, now they're bitchslapping each other..." hehe! IMNotVeryInformedO, Holland will score at least 1 goal.
15th June 2004 04:12 PM
Angiegirl They'll have to hurry then....
15th June 2004 04:14 PM
caro >They'll have to hurry then....

Oh well, by current french standards, they have time left for at least 20 goals. (oh man, that feels good )
15th June 2004 04:21 PM
Angiegirl Pfffewwwwwwww... 1-1!!
15th June 2004 04:21 PM
caro And I was right!!! What did I win?
15th June 2004 04:22 PM
Monkey Woman You predicted it, Caro!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14