ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UPDATE: I WON!!!! Yeees ==> ABKCO sucks... in a very low way, low even for ABKCO standards!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
11th December 2007 07:53 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

While it's reasonable enough for the composer or arranger to have been credited, ABKCO actually sued for the copyright for the entire song - lyrics and all. Somewhat excessive..

not only is it excessive but it still astounds me as to how they got away with it!! - well, i can guess - klein simply out-gunned the verve in the legal dept. - gazza, do you know if the result was a court decision or did they settle out of court??
11th December 2007 09:13 PM
Sioux
quote:
stewed & Keefed wrote:

Allen Klein

Tom Keylock

Frank Thoroughgood

Brian Jones Murdered

[Edited by stewed & Keefed]

Brilliant Steve, brilliant.
11th December 2007 09:36 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL Thanks a lot for visiting this thread, now is the first entry on Google when you search for "ABKCO SUCKS"

So far all the replies has been against ABKCO and Allen Klein, even jb's based on his well-known standards and values
12th December 2007 10:45 AM
andrews27 Thanks to this thread, Allen Klein has now taken on the status of the crippled banker ruining Jimmy Stewart's life in "It's a Wonderful Life," as portrayed by Lionel Barrymore.

Let me mention then, in the spirit of Christmas, that Allen Klein also looked like a piece of crap in a turtleneck sweater, fat slob trying to be Steve McQueen in 1969. Photos, please.

"Ten kilos of shit stuffed into a silk stocking" -- Napoleon on Talleyrand
[Edited by andrews27]
12th December 2007 11:51 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl OTHER THING WE CAN DO: Do NOT listen ABKCO records on iTunes or Real Rhapsody; instead play your own CDs, surely you have them all so play them in your computer but do NOT play them using those services as ABKCO get paid for the use.
12th December 2007 12:34 PM
Sioux No problem. Will do.
12th December 2007 06:34 PM
BriansBabe
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I hate that fat greedy bastard.

I'm not big on conspiracy theories, but I do think he had something to do with Brian's death, as well as Sam Cooke's.

Thanks for that, gypsy!!!!!!! Always thought the same!!!

This little fat bluebottle is only a fucker, a zero, a nothing, a hole in the nature...
12th December 2007 07:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
BriansBabe wrote:
This little fat bluebottle is only a fucker, a zero, a nothing, a hole in the nature...

LOL that was the nicest comment about this low-life-in-the-high-life
12th December 2007 07:45 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Re the header "Trying to stop thief Allen Klein from releasing unfinished Rolling Stones material.
April 16, 1984 "

Hadn't heard of this 1984 lawsuit, what "unfinished" music got released as a consequence ? Really can't think o anything here ?

He was trying to release the TSMR and BB outtakes, the reason he didn't do it was that according to da bastard those unreleased tapes had no commercial potential...
12th December 2007 07:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...not because Mick was trying to stop him
13th December 2007 12:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Is "cocksucker blues" owned by da bastard?

I would love to use it my upcoming movie
18th December 2007 06:42 PM
The jinn, my friend. http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/Story?id=3777651&page=1

A YouTube spokesman told ABC News that under the provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, hosting platforms like YouTube are legally obligated to take both the original takedown notices and the counter-notices at face-value, and to honor them.

"This litigation doesn't involve us,'' Ricardo Reyes, a spokesman for YouTube said.

"We are what the DMCA call a hosting platform," he said. "We provide a platform for people to post their content and share it. When we're notified that something is infringing, we take that [content] down. To not take it down would put us in violation of the DMCA. What we have to do is take them at face value. What you are saying under penalty of law is saying you are the owner. If you say you are the owner and you're not, you can be sued."

Conversely, Reyes said, "When we're counter notified, we basically have to take the counter notice at face value too. Our responsibility is to abide by the notices or counter notices."

18th December 2007 11:21 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
The jinn, my friend. wrote:
If you say you are the owner and you're not, you can be sued."

Let's fukc Abkco

I'm about to win! Of course I'm not going to waste my time sueing the suckers but will make a video about what the people talks about them
18th December 2007 11:30 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
Thanks to this thread, Allen Klein has now taken on the status of the crippled banker ruining Jimmy Stewart's life in "It's a Wonderful Life," as portrayed by Lionel Barrymore.

Let me mention then, in the spirit of Christmas, that Allen Klein also looked like a piece of crap in a turtleneck sweater, fat slob trying to be Steve McQueen in 1969. Photos, please.

"Ten kilos of shit stuffed into a silk stocking" -- Napoleon on Talleyrand
[Edited by andrews27]

Very Nice!! The placement of the Steve McQueen ref is what takes it to another level.
19th December 2007 01:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Allen Klein (born December 18, 1931) is an American businessman and record label executive. He is best known (and somewhat notorious) for his tenacious management of rock and roll performers in the 1960s, and the subsequent hostile acquisition and control of their works.

...unhappy 76th birthday thief!
25th December 2007 09:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
I WON!!!! I'm back

This is what I got TODAY, December 25, 2007 a great Christmas present!!

Dear Gerardo,

In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we've completed processing your counter-notification regarding your video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rqqaw9iN0Js

This content has been restored and your account has been reinstated.

25th December 2007 09:42 PM
Erik_Snow Hey, cool, congratulations VoodooChile.
You beat the bastards!
25th December 2007 09:51 PM
Highwire Rob Way to go, Voodoo! CONGRATULATIONS!!

25th December 2007 10:12 PM
SweetVirginia

Congratulations, Voodoo on successfully fighting the good fight....and winning!
25th December 2007 11:45 PM
open-g Now that's something for x-mas.
congrats and power to you, Voodoo.

uhm...it's not playing for me...

maybe repost it as a video reply?
[Edited by open-g]
26th December 2007 12:46 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
I WON!!!! I'm back

Dear Gerardo,

In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, we've completed processing your counter-notification regarding your video:

There is justice in the world!
Congratulations, Voodoo!
FUCK ABKCO!
26th December 2007 05:55 AM
PartyDoll MEG Great, Voodoo!!! (Insert naked cheerleaders here..)

There is SOME justice and fairness in this world apparently!

Party On......
26th December 2007 06:37 AM
stewed & Keefed Congratulations Voodoo,Well done mate
26th December 2007 09:07 AM
jostorm Felicitaciones!!!!!!!!
Que le den por culo al hijoeputa!
Oh, and Happy Christmas to you and yours!
26th December 2007 09:54 AM
rogerriffin Congratulations Bastard!!!

You`re great Voodoo! Rough Justice?!

26th December 2007 10:46 AM
Tom Well done Voodoo, congratulations!
26th December 2007 12:36 PM
GhostofBrianJones Yea Voodoo, keep the creep in his hole. Very outstanding
work!! ABKCO can shove it up their butts sideways and sit
on it!! Their ass was grass and you were the lawnmower!
EXCELLENT WORK!!
26th December 2007 02:20 PM
gypsy
quote:
I WON!!!! I'm back

Dear Gerardo,

Yay!

Please don't go swimming any time soon.
26th December 2007 02:21 PM
voodoopug congrats Voodoo....it takes a real stones fan to fight for the right to post stones related videos and you should be commended for your efforts!
26th December 2007 03:34 PM
Gazza well done, Voodoo.

I wish the Stones had this much luck with these bastards!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)