ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Remembering the Tour - show by show marathon
Gillette Stadium, Foxboro MA - September 20, 2006
© Robert E. Klein with thanks to GotToRollMe!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: UPDATE: I WON!!!! Yeees ==> ABKCO sucks... in a very low way, low even for ABKCO standards!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8th December 2007 07:59 PM
GhostofBrianJones Voodoo I just came off of YouTube, there are at least 2
videos of Sympathy for the Devil and I did not get to see
the rest but there is a possibility that some are sneaking
back on. I downloaded as many of the Sixties ones I could.

8th December 2007 10:45 PM
andrews27 Let's burn him in effigy. hoisted on pikes!
9th December 2007 02:43 AM
The jinn, my friend. Let do one better...

I will word this as delicately as possible.
For too long the delicacy merchants have classified themselves with shysters, when in actually they simply are contraband merchants. There will always be delicacies that are so difficult to regulate (PC line) that the government chooses simply to outlaw them. True cheese is one object that is contraband when put into production by a master artisan. If this cheese man sold his cheese at, such and such a weight, then proceeded to short the weight that is a shyster. A shyster is not someone to be respected. To steal, short change or in general not conduct business in a fair forthright manor is shameful.

For too long people have placed shysters of any sort, next to the contraband merchants, they are not one in the same. A thief and liar have no ethical standing next to a deliver of delicacies. You would not want the cheese artisan to tell you this is the blue cheese, when in fact it is simple dye and flavoring (additives). A thief and a liar is not wanted in the delicacy dealers. A delicacy dealer truly believes in providing delicacies to be enjoyed, he brings pleasure and that is a noble pursuit when ethically applied.

Let me add a new word, confidence man. This type of person is not a delicacy merchant. He in no way should have the same privilege as delicacy merchants from the people. There is neither shame nor dishonor in removing confidence men from associations. Furthermore, publicly exposing such confidence men behavior is good. Confidence men do not even deserve private reprimands from the people. There is no reason to waste the time and effort to protect them from judicial affairs of a grand nature. Matter of fact is most efficient simply to use the resources that are already provided. We the people pay for the service of security. There is no reason to waste the people’s resources. There is no reason to provide confidence men with the luxury of private judicial.
9th December 2007 02:06 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl After reading all the legal crap @ YouTube I decided to deliver a DMCA Counter-Notification based on the facts that the footage has no copyright and if any it would be for the Maysles brothers or "The Criterion Collection" and not for ABKCO and also that the background music is by Jimi Hendrix and he was not a victim of the sub-human Allen Klein.

In my DMCA Counter-Notification I said that the only thing owned by ABKCO in the video is some seconds with the cover of "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" and that's the only thing owned by them and is ridiculous to say that's the reason to delete the video and suspend my account.

I also made emphasis in the fact that when the Ya Ya's cover is on the screen there's a legend "Why Ya Ya's is the greatest live album ever" so I'm giving the bastards publicity and exposure as it was the most viewed video on YouTube for both, The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix, more than 1.8 million views with publicity to Ya Ya's as the best live album and the bastards complain… Come on!!

The counter notification is now in process.

The good point here is that now ABKCO must supply proof of ownership of the copyright and they have only ten days, if they don't give something to prove it I will be back with that video and my account in ten days.

They will see the counter notification I sent so I deleted some sentences in the letter about ABKCO reputation in Music Industry. On the contrary I was nice LOL

Then regardless of the result, if I win or lose, I will send a link to the bastards to show them this thread so add your comments people, they must see what the fans think about them. Of course they don’t give a fuck about it just see the quotes by Allen Klein above, he’s the most cynical criminal, someone who “legally” steal and abused of the trust of the most important musicians in the sixties, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles between some others.

Now just a favour you fine people; please let me leave the header for Monday and then we will be back to the marathon or other stuff or more ABKCO headers like the nice by Jeep LOL
9th December 2007 03:28 PM
zooeyglass

This bootleg has demos from All Things Must Pass, including the following verse from "Beware of Darkness" [which was changed on the official release]:

Watch out now,
Take care
beware of soft shoe shufflers,
Dancing down the sidewalks.
Pushing you in puddles
in the dead of night,
Beware of ABKCO.

Clearly George didn't take his own advice; while still under contract to Klein, he faced the "My Sweet Lord"/"He's So Fine" plagarism lawsuit from Bright Tunes. Klein represented him and the offer was that George would buy the Bright Tunes catalogue. Then, as we know, George and the other Beatles sued Klein.

George was outbid in purchasing the Bright Tunes catalogue -- by guess who?

You got it, ABKCO! Klein was kind enough to inform Bright Tunes just what the royalties were for "My Sweet Lord" before the trial so they would know if they were getting a fair price if George lost the suit.

Luckily when George DID lose the suit, the judge saw Klein for what he was and didn't think he should profit. George basically ended up having to pay Klein for the rights to "He's So Fine" at the price Klein originally paid so Klein broke even. Since the suit was against George, not Klein, there were unfortunately no penalties for Klein being a greedy rat bastard.

I'd forgotten this George business until reading this thread and just thought I'd share a Beatles example of the kind of major jag off you already knew Klein to be.
9th December 2007 03:31 PM
Bloozehound 2AllenKleins1cup
9th December 2007 03:35 PM
pdog
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
After reading all the legal crap @ YouTube I decided to deliver a DMCA Counter-Notification based on the facts that the footage has no copyright and if any it would be for the Maysles brothers or "The Criterion Collection" and not for ABKCO and also that the background music is by Jimi Hendrix and he was not a victim of the sub-human Allen Klein.

In my DMCA Counter-Notification I said that the only thing owned by ABKCO in the video is some seconds with the cover of "Get Yer Ya Ya's Out" and that's the only thing owned by them and is ridiculous to say that's the reason to delete the video and suspend my account.

I also made emphasis in the fact that when the Ya Ya's cover is on the screen there's a legend "Why Ya Ya's is the greatest live album ever" so I'm giving the bastards publicity and exposure as it was the most viewed video on YouTube for both, The Rolling Stones and Jimi Hendrix, more than 1.8 million views with publicity to Ya Ya's as the best live album and the bastards complain… Come on!!

The counter notification is now in process.

The good point here is that now ABKCO must supply proof of ownership of the copyright and they have only ten days, if they don't give something to prove it I will be back with that video and my account in ten days.

They will see the counter notification I sent so I deleted some sentences in the letter about ABKCO reputation in Music Industry. On the contrary I was nice LOL

Then regardless of the result, if I win or lose, I will send a link to the bastards to show them this thread so add your comments people, they must see what the fans think about them. Of course they don’t give a fuck about it just see the quotes by Allen Klein above, he’s the most cynical criminal, someone who “legally” steal and abused of the trust of the most important musicians in the sixties, The Rolling Stones and The Beatles between some others.

Now just a favour you fine people; please let me leave the header for Monday and then we will be back to the marathon or other stuff or more ABKCO headers like the nice by Jeep LOL

Way to go Voo!
9th December 2007 03:41 PM
LadyJane "Now just a favour you fine people; please let me leave the header for Monday and then we will be back to the marathon or other stuff or more ABKCO headers like the nice by Jeep LOL"

WE support you 150% Voodoo.

This guy is a real asshole.

Fuck you Klein, will ya???????????

LJ.
9th December 2007 03:48 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
2AllenKleins1cup

postin way above the rim.
9th December 2007 05:31 PM
Sioux
quote:
pdog wrote:
Didn't think I could dislike him more, this thread has changed that!

I have despised him since, well...forever. He's a crook and
a common thief and probably an accessory to murder. He's
really the lowest of the low and he needs to be brought to
his knees.
9th December 2007 05:33 PM
Sioux Criminal. What he has done over the years is criminal. Plain and simple.

I noticed that most of the Ready! Steady! Go! videos are
gone as are the ones of the T.A.M.I. Show. I am NOT happy.
9th December 2007 05:43 PM
Stonesdoug For what it's worth----all the footage is owned 50% by the Maysles and 50% by the Stones.
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
9th December 2007 08:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Stonesdoug wrote:
For what it's worth----all the footage is owned 50% by the Maysles and 50% by the Stones.
[Edited by Stonesdoug]

Thanks a lot Doug!!

Great to know ABKCO has nothing to do with the bastards

You have a great link in your website; I'm going to show that to the legal department @ YouTube to show how nice are the Maysles Bros. While how nasty are the people from ABKCO,

This is Stonesdoug's link... December 30th Maysles Institute Benefit

Thanks again Doug!
9th December 2007 08:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl LOL I found this at the "Tell Me" Forum @ IORR so we are not the only talking about the bastards

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,842804,page=1

9th December 2007 08:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Other victim... the Beatles

9th December 2007 09:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
In his own words (later a translation) now in French

Allen Klein continue d'interdire qu'on montre mes films. Il essaie maintenant de me faire un procès pour avoir montré mes ouvres lors de festivals ou en copies pirates.

Il serait bon que les personnes qui admirent mon ouvre demandent la prison a perpetuité pour Klein, au motif de crime culturel. Assassiner une ouvre d'art est aussi monstrueux qu'assassiner un être humain. Depuis 25 ans Klein empêche le public de voir "El Topo" et "La Montagne Sacrée".

Il a détruit les négatifs originaux. Il est nécessaire d'entamer une campagne mondiale contre lui et ses crimes. S'il vous plaît, traduisez cette lettre dans toutes les langues possibles et envoyez-la au plus de gens possible. Nous établirons ainsi l'existence du crime culturel contre l'humanité. Allen Klein est un criminel, et ses avocats sont ses complices. Ils méritent la prison

Alejandro Jodorowsky.

OOps Sorry I forgot to give you the translation to English

Allen Klein insists in banning my movies for public exhibition. Now the bastard is suing me for showing my movies in cultural festivals, using bootleg copies of the movie as he has the original tapes.

It would be great that those who like my movies to request life sentence in jail to Allen Klein, because he is doing CULTURAL CRIME

To kill an art piece is as ugly and monstrous as killing a human being. For the last 25 years he has prevented the public to see "El Topo" (The Mole) and "La Montaña Sagrada" (The Holy Mountain). He has destroyed the original negatives. It is necessary to start a worldwide campaign against him (The bastard of Allen Klein) and his crimes.

Please translate this to all the possible languages and send them to all the people you can.

In this way we prove the cultural crime against humanity. Allen Klein is a criminal along with his lawyers who are nothing but partners in crime. They all deserve jail sentence for this.

Alejandro Jodorowsky.
9th December 2007 10:48 PM
The jinn, my friend. There is more than one way to skin a cat.

If this gentleman has unremorseful questionable dealings in one part of his life, most likely that will be a trend in his other dealings.

If he has any government assets in use, that opens an whole area of examination.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode31/usc_sec_31_00003729----000-.html

Keep in mind, the "industry" has kept people off balance for many years in the hopes of and the chains of fame and wealth. The same as in corrupt judicial offices. There will be people that simply felt they had to work within the system given. Look for them. Help them, help you.

Not affiliated with the book. Just was the first Google result on the subject.

http://www.nysscpa.org/cpajournal/2005/805/perspectives/p19.htm

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
10th December 2007 05:12 AM
JohnLeeHacker Fuck ABKCO and Allen Klein the little
under assistant west coast promotion man!
10th December 2007 11:30 AM
Tom ABKCO is shaving YouTube, even audience videos recorded by fans after 1970. Who can stop those bastards?
[Edited by Tom]
10th December 2007 11:49 AM
jb As distasteful as it seems, this is called enforcing your copyright protection.
10th December 2007 02:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
As distasteful as it seems, this is called enforcing your copyright protection.

uh..its not "his" material to copyright. Try and keep up.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th December 2007 02:09 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh..its not "his" material to copyright. Try and keep up.
[Edited by Gazza]

They have every right to do what they are doing...it is well within their legal rights like it or not...I think Klein gets a bad rap, when he is simply doing what the Stones do with their material...good for him!!
10th December 2007 02:32 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
jb wrote:

They have every right to do what they are doing...it is well within their legal rights like it or not...I think Klein gets a bad rap, when he is simply doing what the Stones do with their material...good for him!!

Do you read first? Or as usual again writing before reading?

They do not have the right to do it as the material is not their property. FUCKING PERIOD!!

The footage is 50% The Maysles and 50% The Rolling Stones, and the background music is 100% Jimi Hendrix so what the fuck is the criminal in chief of Allen Klein and his thieves of ABKCO complaining of something that is not their property.

Seems that they just saw "Rolling Stones" and "1969" and made the demand; as you are doing here… they didn't finish reading and replied.

PLEASE READ BEFORE WRITING; that's the first principle of written communication.

He is really sick, he is a megalomaniac when the only thing he has is money and the worst reputation in rock history

Fuck Allen Klein and his entire bunch of partners in crime and all who defend the bastard.

He can do whatever he wants with his "legal rights" he has abusing of the "legal failures" but he can't do it here with material which is NOT his property. Again… PERIOD, FUCKING PERIOD!

Get it or need more information?

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
10th December 2007 02:51 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

They have every right to do what they are doing...it is well within their legal rights like it or not...

Your arse, it is!

quote:
jb wrote:

I think Klein gets a bad rap, when he is simply doing what the Stones do with their material...good for him!!

Is this some Jewish lawyer bonding thing here, or am I missing some kind of sick joke?
10th December 2007 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Your arse, it is!

Is this some Jewish lawyer bonding thing here, or am I missing some kind of sick joke?

10th December 2007 02:56 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Your arse, it is!

Lets just say I respect Allen very much....
10th December 2007 03:03 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

This is undermining Voodoo's efforts...I knew it would come to this
10th December 2007 03:06 PM
jb
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Stay out of this...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th December 2007 03:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Please do not let any of us come off as whiny fucking babies!

I need to see all the facts in front of me before I make a decision, although Stonesdoug's statement was crippling to the side of the story that Klein sticks to. If his arguement is with the small portion of "Ya Ya's" mentioned, then, I see his point as he is protecting his copyright, but posters like you and jb can shed a clearer light on this than I can.
10th December 2007 03:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Please use a spell check, as you spelled "whiny" wrong in your signature and it is not indicative of a professional.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)