ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin Set List Predictons for Mon.Night Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
10th December 2007 03:10 PM
poopooslug We have tried to keep real Stones fans entertained and make dreams come true.
This assault on Stones boards has forced me to eat three pounds of cold cuts. Jb is shitting liquid and blood, Joey is hiding under a table and I have just placed an order for five large everything pizzas. I'm working the room, I'm shaking hands, I'm wearing a cape and I'm paying the bar to play.
The enemies are out in full force, I'm receiving threatening PM's.
I must go Dominoes is here.
10th December 2007 03:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I am not much of a Chiefs fan...Although I do enjoy the VIP tent...all you can eat and cheerleaders on your lap...it's very nice...My God is good

those girls really do not care much for how their hair looks. I expect better with regards to cheerleaders of my team, but if that is acceptable for you, I understand.
10th December 2007 03:12 PM
poopooslug
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Well seeing as there is no Rolling Stones show today, why not check out what Zeppelin is up to? Always good to keep an eye on the competition.

By the way, anyone worried about the impending humiliation if those guys pull off a mind-blowing show without the help of an army of backing musicians?

Also, any word on Ronnie Wood or Bill Wyman at this thing?

We have decided you're not a real fan, just a tourist.
10th December 2007 03:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
polytoxic wrote:

By the way, anyone worried about the impending humiliation if those guys pull off a mind-blowing show without the help of an army of backing musicians?

Also, any word on Ronnie Wood or Bill Wyman at this thing?

The set will only be described as "mind blowing" by the type of fans/critics who will praise LZ regardless of what they do.

I am told that Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings will probably blow LZ off the stage.
10th December 2007 03:14 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

those girls really do not care much for how their hair looks. I expect better with regards to cheerleaders of my team, but if that is acceptable for you, I understand.

Bears cheerleaders are not very attractive...is that because of all the girls of slavic descent in that area?
10th December 2007 03:14 PM
Some Guy picked the five moments that if I had to explain Led Zeppelin to someone from outer space or Utah I would use as my starting points (just kidding, we love you, Utah!). You might choose something different. In fact, I'd count on it.

The Orgasm Suite on "Whole Lotta Love": When I first heard these moans in the middle of the song when I was a wee lad I assumed something was wrong with my stereo. Why was this happening? It seemed so unusual. It sounded like noises far beyond, say, "Yellow Submarine." I was sure there were laws against this sort of thing. There might be.

The Instrumental Build of "Stairway to Heaven":Yes, everyone's heard this song a million times. That still doesn't mean you can't be impressed with how Jimmy Page layered the guitars and made the song sound like an ascending piece of music that could in fact be walking up a literal "stairway" until you get to the top. Give the guy props for being conceptual.

The Opening Drum Shot of "When the Levee Breaks": Granted, everytime I hear the opening drum shot I think I'm about to be listening to the Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill album, since they sampled the drum beat for their own "Rhymin' & Stealin'." And it's easy to hear why. John Bonham isn't just hitting the drums, he seems to be dismantling them. Then the harmonica kicks in and suddenly the levee breaks. Freaky.

John Paul Jones' Mellotron on "No Quarter": John Paul Jones was always the quiet member of the group, the one who seemed to leave the crotch-stuffing to others. He played all the pretty instruments in the group and always seemed to be sent to the back of the stage for his efforts. But his work on "No Quarter" will NOT BE DENIED. He gets on that spooky sounding mellotron or whatever keyboard he hooked up and he drops the temperature in the room by at least 50 degrees until you can hear the wind whipping and the snow crunching under your feet. Why does man live in such uncomfortable climes?

The Flubbed Note on the Solo to "All My Love": This is where I show off my true jerkitude. For all their great musical alchemy, Led Zep still managed to leave some of their mistakes on the record. Better attuned listeners than myself can name off plenty of spots where Page flubs a riff or note, but for a thick-head like myself it takes something really obvious to set off the alarm bell. Nowhere is that more noted than in the solo to "All My Love" where just as the keyboard-trumpet solo is about to end TWO notes clink together where obviously only one should broadcast. Love it. Even rock gods aren't perfect.

-MSN

10th December 2007 03:15 PM
poopooslug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Bears cheerleaders are not very attractive...is that because of all the girls of slavic descent in that area?

I like Big BUTTS.
10th December 2007 03:18 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
picked the five moments that if I had to explain Led Zeppelin to someone from outer space or Utah I would use as my starting points (just kidding, we love you, Utah!). You might choose something different. In fact, I'd count on it.

The Orgasm Suite on "Whole Lotta Love": When I first heard these moans in the middle of the song when I was a wee lad I assumed something was wrong with my stereo. Why was this happening? It seemed so unusual. It sounded like noises far beyond, say, "Yellow Submarine." I was sure there were laws against this sort of thing. There might be.

The Instrumental Build of "Stairway to Heaven":Yes, everyone's heard this song a million times. That still doesn't mean you can't be impressed with how Jimmy Page layered the guitars and made the song sound like an ascending piece of music that could in fact be walking up a literal "stairway" until you get to the top. Give the guy props for being conceptual.

The Opening Drum Shot of "When the Levee Breaks": Granted, everytime I hear the opening drum shot I think I'm about to be listening to the Beastie Boys' Licensed to Ill album, since they sampled the drum beat for their own "Rhymin' & Stealin'." And it's easy to hear why. John Bonham isn't just hitting the drums, he seems to be dismantling them. Then the harmonica kicks in and suddenly the levee breaks. Freaky.

John Paul Jones' Mellotron on "No Quarter": John Paul Jones was always the quiet member of the group, the one who seemed to leave the crotch-stuffing to others. He played all the pretty instruments in the group and always seemed to be sent to the back of the stage for his efforts. But his work on "No Quarter" will NOT BE DENIED. He gets on that spooky sounding mellotron or whatever keyboard he hooked up and he drops the temperature in the room by at least 50 degrees until you can hear the wind whipping and the snow crunching under your feet. Why does man live in such uncomfortable climes?

The Flubbed Note on the Solo to "All My Love": This is where I show off my true jerkitude. For all their great musical alchemy, Led Zep still managed to leave some of their mistakes on the record. Better attuned listeners than myself can name off plenty of spots where Page flubs a riff or note, but for a thick-head like myself it takes something really obvious to set off the alarm bell. Nowhere is that more noted than in the solo to "All My Love" where just as the keyboard-trumpet solo is about to end TWO notes clink together where obviously only one should broadcast. Love it. Even rock gods aren't perfect.

-MSN

for a brief moment I thought you wrote all that. I was about to lose it, I don't think you ever posted more than 10 words at once...
10th December 2007 03:19 PM
lotsajizz praising Klein

dis'in Stu

sad what the fake Stones fans are resorting to....
10th December 2007 03:20 PM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
praising Klein

dis'in Stu

sad what the fake Stones fans are resorting to....

Allen, I mean Mr. Klein, is a genius whom I respect very much.
10th December 2007 03:20 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:

for a brief moment I thought you wrote all that. I was about to lose it, I don't think you ever posted more than 10 words at once...

above the rim... yep that's 3.
10th December 2007 03:21 PM
pdog we really need a setlist, pics and reviews thread for tonight's show... doh!

10th December 2007 03:22 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Allen, I mean Mr. Klein, is a genius whom I respect very much.

You know, he may have killed Brian...
10th December 2007 03:23 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

You know, he may have killed Brian...

Allen [Mr. Klein] is wonderful man who, in many ways, taught the Stones exactly how they currently do business....
10th December 2007 03:23 PM
Blowey
quote:
poopooslug wrote:
We have tried to keep real Stones fans entertained and make dreams come true.
This assault on Stones boards has forced me to eat three pounds of cold cuts. Jb is shitting liquid and blood, Joey is hiding under a table and I have just placed an order for five large everything pizzas. I'm working the room, I'm shaking hands, I'm wearing a cape and I'm paying the bar to play.
The enemies are out in full force, I'm receiving threatening PM's.
I must go Dominoes is here.

Dearest PooPoo, you are ON FIRE!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10th December 2007 03:27 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

Allen [Mr. Klein] is wonderful man who, in many ways, taught the Stones exactly how they currently do business....

I hope Zep cancels, I'm worried about you!
10th December 2007 03:28 PM
steel driving hammer The Song Remains Insane...
10th December 2007 03:29 PM
jb For Martha
peace,
josh

10th December 2007 03:29 PM
pdog Anyone else picturing Steelie laying in a pile of Journey and Styx CD's?
10th December 2007 03:30 PM
wasted Led Zeppelin have completed their sound-check for tonight’s O2 Arena gig, and we have a sneak peak of some of the tracks they’re likely to be playing.

A select amount of guests were invited to witness the seven songs that were sound-checked, which according to fan site Royal Orleans, were:

Good Times Bad Times
Ramble On
In My Time Of Dying
No Quarter
Nobody's Fault But Mine
D'yer Mak'er
Communication Breakdown
10th December 2007 03:30 PM
pdog Robert Plant's tight pants always seemed anti-jew to me... ?
10th December 2007 03:31 PM
jb For Vodoo
Peace,
JB

10th December 2007 03:33 PM
pdog Have any of us really thought about, Ahmet basically being killed by a Stones concert? I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if this isn't why there's so much animosity regarding tonight's gig...
anyone?
10th December 2007 03:35 PM
Blowey
quote:
jb wrote:
For Vodoo
Peace,
JB

Brad Gilbert
Justin Gimelstob
Paul Goldstein
Brian Gottfried
Jim Grabb
Marty Hogan
Aaron Krickstein
Victor Niederhoffer
Shahar Pe'er
Dudi Sela
Anna Smashnova
Mike Yellen
Harold Solomon

'Kins....
10th December 2007 03:36 PM
voodoopug I speak tonight for the dignity of man and the destiny of Democracy. I urge every true Stones Fan, Americans of all religions and of all colors, from every section of this country, to join me in that cause.

At times, history and fate meet at a single time in a single place to shape a turning point in man's unending search for freedom. So it was at Lexington and Concord. So it was a century ago at Appomattox. So it was tonite in the O2.

There, long suffering men and women peacefully protested the denial of their rights as Americans. Many of them had their ears brutally assaulted by overrated music. One good man--a man of God--was killed.

There is no cause for pride in what has happened in the O2.
There is no cause for self-satisfaction in the long denial of equal rights of millions of Americans. But there is cause for hope and for faith in True Stones Fans in what is happening here tonight. For the cries of pain and the hymns and protests of oppressed people have summoned into convocation all the majesty of this great government--the True Stones Fans.

Our mission is at once the oldest and the most basic of this country--to right wrong, to do justice, to serve man. In our time we have come to live with the moments of great crises. Our lives have been marked with debate about great issues, issues of war and peace, issues of prosperity and depression.

But rarely in any time does an issue lay bare the secret heart of Led Zeppelin fans itself. Rarely are we met with a challenge, not to our growth or abundance, or our welfare or our security, but rather to the values and the purposes and the meaning of our beloved nation. The issue of equal rights for True Stones Fans is such an issue.

And should we defeat every enemy, and should we double our wealth and conquer the stars, and still be unequal to this issue, then we will have failed as a people and as a nation.

For, with a country as with a person, "what is a man profited if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul and accept Led Zeppelin as a better band than the Stones?"
10th December 2007 03:36 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

The Honey Bears, IMO, were not very good for the city.
10th December 2007 03:39 PM
Blowey
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The Honey Bears, IMO, were not very good for the city.

Are we WEEDING yet, Pugala?

Tell me!...........................

I's gots to knows.................

B' kinny 'kins!
10th December 2007 03:53 PM
mojoman
quote:
pdog wrote:
Have any of us really thought about, Ahmet basically being killed by a Stones concert? I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if this isn't why there's so much animosity regarding tonight's gig...
anyone?

ahmet got stoned with keith
10th December 2007 03:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Have any of us really thought about, Ahmet basically being killed by a Stones concert? I'm not sure, but I'm wondering if this isn't why there's so much animosity regarding tonight's gig...
anyone?

In all candor, I did have that same thought cross my mind!
10th December 2007 03:56 PM
mojoman
quote:
jb wrote:
For Martha
peace,
josh

Give yourself to the Dark Side. It is the only way you can save your friends. Yes, your thoughts betray you. Your feelings for them are strong.........
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)