ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin Set List Predictons for Mon.Night Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
10th December 2007 02:21 PM
Martha
Led Zeppelin Reunion

Stars Arrive for Led Zeppelin Reunion

Here in London, the news of Led Zeppelin’s impending
reunion show Monday night is literally the talk of the
town.

The Zepp get-together is actually part of a monster
concert in memory of Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet
Ertegun.

Other guests expected at the main show on Monday night
include ex-Rolling Stone Bill Wyman, as well as
possible surprise appearances by the other Stones
including Mick Jagger and Ronnie Wood.

Foreigner, Mick Jones’ hit-laden group of the 1970s
and '80s, is also scheduled to appear. So is Paolo
Nutini, the best-kept secret on the current Atlantic
Records, the only successful division of ailing Warner
Music Group.

But the big doings might come at the after-show party,
where Atlantic soul stars from America are set to let
loose and show what Ertegun, Jerry Wexler and Arif
Mardin really made into legends. They include “Soul
Man” Sam Moore, Percy Sledge, Ben E. King and Solomon
Burke. Moore will solo and play at least one duet with
Bad Company’s Paul Rodgers.

The show, set for the O2 Arena in southeast London,
was postponed from Nov. 26 because Zeppelin’s Jimmy
Page fractured a finger.

There was still some talk Monday at the rehearsals
that Page wasn’t absolutely certain about joining
Robert Plant and John Paul Jones for the reunion. But
Led Zeppelin will go on, and the word is that their
two-hour set will be a precursor for their first tour
since bell bottoms were in fashion.

One person who apparently won’t be here: Pete
Townshend of the Who. The scheduling change knocked
him off the list.

Sunday, afternoon some of the non-Zepp acts rehearsed
in a Putney studio, and small hairs were standing up
on the backs of everyone’s necks. Percy Sledge worked
out “When a Man Loves a Woman” with the back-up
singers, while Moore and Rodgers practiced “We Shall
Be Free.”

Meanwhile, Wyman, who left the Rolling Stones in 1992
after 30 years, played with his Rhythm Kings — the
house band for Monday — and surveyed the scene. He has
no regrets about leaving the Stones.

“I have three children, I’ve published six books and
I’m free to do what I want,” Wyman said. He still gets
royalty checks, don’t worry. And he always goes to see
the Stones when they’re playing in town.

“My kids say, 'Dad, why did you leave?' And I answer,
'So I could have you!'"

10th December 2007 02:23 PM
jb Dylan sucks.
10th December 2007 02:24 PM
mrhipfl lmao jb. perfect comeback/
10th December 2007 02:25 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
jb wrote:

peace,
Josh

Yes...it's close to Christmas (no offense)...I will be caroling this year...with my guitar...and a couple of girls I hired to back me up..it is not inappropriate to accept money...only asking for it is not appropriate...I have 5 songs on the setlist...we've rehearsed on two occasions...I'm already very bored with these songs
10th December 2007 02:26 PM
Martha Led Zeppelin's pre-gig ritual: coffee and ironing
By Richard Alleyne
Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 10/12/2007

Led Zeppelin's appetite for drugs, drink and groupies was the stuff of rock legend but their backstage demands for Monday night's gig at the O2 Arena are far less hedonistic.

As the British band limber up for what has been dubbed the greatest reunion in history, the only stimulant they need is caffeine - and a spot of housework.

Led Zep: all sensible these days
During rehearsals the frontman Robert Plant, now 59, clutched a mug of tea and then asked for an ironing board so he could press his own clothes before the gig. He told friends it helps him "get in the mood".

The modest requirements are a world away from their heyday in the 1970s when the British band invented a number of rock'n'roll cliches including trashing hotel rooms and throwing television sets out of windows.

Such was their excess that when their manager, settling the huge hotel bill for damage to rooms, was asked by a worker why they did it, he peeled off a wad of notes and said "Find out, have one on me," urging him to set about one of the rooms himself.

Harvey Goldsmith, the concert promoter, said time appeared to have mellowed them and they were now "very low maintenance".

"They are much older now obviously and are very low maintenance," he said as he mingled with hundreds of fans before the gig at London's O2 centre.

"They've asked for cups of tea and coffee. We'll have some beer and a bottle of wine for them backstage but they have said they require very little.

"They are extremely focused and have been rehearsing. They know that a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this gig - it's going to be a great concert."

The three surviving members of the hugely successful 1970s group that created "Stairway to Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love" have rarely performed together since splitting in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham following a drinking binge.

By their own admission, each reunion since had been a flop, and so they are determined to make this gig a success.

A huge video screen has been built behind the stage and stacks of speakers are ready to deliver the trademark wall of sound - expected to peak at more than 100 decibels.

Thousands of fans, many from the USA and Canada, have camped out overnight at the venue, the former home of the Millennium Dome, even though they have tickets. They just want to savour the atmosphere, said organisers.

When the 20,000 tickets went on sale for the concert, a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of Atlantic Records, an estimated 20 million applied.

The gig is expected to have earn Ertegun's charity as much as £2.25million.

Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, 63, and bassist John Paul Jones, 61, will be joined by Bonham's son Jason on the drums for the one-off comeback, although there has been fevered speculation that the gig may be followed by a full-scale tour.

"Let's just do the O2 and we'll see what happens from there," Page said in a recent interview. "I haven't got a crystal ball here and nor have you."

Led Zeppelin homepage
Led Zeppelin, who sold an estimated 300 million albums, were said to be the fathers of heavy metal and had enormous influence on later acts.

"We turned up on Saturday, but we were told to come back the next day as we would still be at the front of the queue," said David Beesmer, 42, a businessman from New York who spent more than £3,500 on his ticket and trip.

"I didn't want to take any risks," he said.
10th December 2007 02:30 PM
jb Patriots cheated and thus, even if they go undefeated, it will be tarnished. Brady =huge homo!!!
10th December 2007 02:30 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Pug and I are now friends...please don't feel threatened

The yule log is out again this year.
10th December 2007 02:35 PM
Nellcote JB, please have Nurse Rachet adjust your meds to the JB circa 2005-2006. Thank you for your continued support & cooperation!
10th December 2007 02:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Martha wrote:
Led Zeppelin's pre-gig ritual: coffee and ironing
By Richard Alleyne
Last Updated: 12:01am GMT 10/12/2007

Led Zeppelin's appetite for drugs, drink and groupies was the stuff of rock legend but their backstage demands for Monday night's gig at the O2 Arena are far less hedonistic.

As the British band limber up for what has been dubbed the greatest reunion in history, the only stimulant they need is caffeine - and a spot of housework.

Led Zep: all sensible these days
During rehearsals the frontman Robert Plant, now 59, clutched a mug of tea and then asked for an ironing board so he could press his own clothes before the gig. He told friends it helps him "get in the mood".

The modest requirements are a world away from their heyday in the 1970s when the British band invented a number of rock'n'roll cliches including trashing hotel rooms and throwing television sets out of windows.

Such was their excess that when their manager, settling the huge hotel bill for damage to rooms, was asked by a worker why they did it, he peeled off a wad of notes and said "Find out, have one on me," urging him to set about one of the rooms himself.

Harvey Goldsmith, the concert promoter, said time appeared to have mellowed them and they were now "very low maintenance".

"They are much older now obviously and are very low maintenance," he said as he mingled with hundreds of fans before the gig at London's O2 centre.

"They've asked for cups of tea and coffee. We'll have some beer and a bottle of wine for them backstage but they have said they require very little.

"They are extremely focused and have been rehearsing. They know that a lot of people have been waiting a long time for this gig - it's going to be a great concert."

The three surviving members of the hugely successful 1970s group that created "Stairway to Heaven" and "Whole Lotta Love" have rarely performed together since splitting in 1980 after the death of drummer John Bonham following a drinking binge.

By their own admission, each reunion since had been a flop, and so they are determined to make this gig a success.

A huge video screen has been built behind the stage and stacks of speakers are ready to deliver the trademark wall of sound - expected to peak at more than 100 decibels.

Thousands of fans, many from the USA and Canada, have camped out overnight at the venue, the former home of the Millennium Dome, even though they have tickets. They just want to savour the atmosphere, said organisers.

When the 20,000 tickets went on sale for the concert, a tribute to Ahmet Ertegun, the late founder of Atlantic Records, an estimated 20 million applied.

The gig is expected to have earn Ertegun's charity as much as £2.25million.

Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page, 63, and bassist John Paul Jones, 61, will be joined by Bonham's son Jason on the drums for the one-off comeback, although there has been fevered speculation that the gig may be followed by a full-scale tour.

"Let's just do the O2 and we'll see what happens from there," Page said in a recent interview. "I haven't got a crystal ball here and nor have you."

Led Zeppelin homepage
Led Zeppelin, who sold an estimated 300 million albums, were said to be the fathers of heavy metal and had enormous influence on later acts.

"We turned up on Saturday, but we were told to come back the next day as we would still be at the front of the queue," said David Beesmer, 42, a businessman from New York who spent more than £3,500 on his ticket and trip.

"I didn't want to take any risks," he said.

We have a hard time understanding the excitement/buzz over this performance. Pre show routines mentioned/praised on this board should be all about snooker tables, Rattlesnakes, and fax machines.

We were correct all along in that there are very few fans who regard the Stones as the top band but merely as a substitute until inferior/less significant bands (see: LZ, the Police, etc). We feel all who prefer a LZ reunion show to a stones show should post their name and acknowledge that the Stones are not their top band. This will help us all.

We can only hope that Bill Wyman (see: a true icon) blew them off the stage with his Rhythm Kings!
10th December 2007 02:36 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Yes...it's close to Christmas (no offense)...I will be caroling this year...with my guitar...and a couple of girls I hired to back me up..it is not inappropriate to accept money...only asking for it is not appropriate...I have 5 songs on the setlist...we've rehearsed on two occasions...I'm already very bored with these songs

Busking With Feej.......ahh the xmas spirit is alive...
10th December 2007 02:37 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
JB, please have Nurse Rachet adjust your meds to the JB circa 2005-2006. Thank you for your continued support & cooperation!

Hello friend...we accept your apology and still like you.
10th December 2007 02:38 PM
Nellcote OK, then you will not mind a few bars of "Your Time Is Gonna Come" will you?
10th December 2007 02:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Hello friend...we accept your apology and still like you.

We do realize that the holidays are upon us and accept all those willing to apologize to us.
10th December 2007 02:40 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
OK, then you will not mind a few bars of "Your Time Is Gonna Come" will you?

10th December 2007 02:42 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
jb wrote:

New Palm Pilot jb?
10th December 2007 02:42 PM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

New Palm Pilot jb?

10th December 2007 02:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

jb doesnt start the clock until the release of "I just want to make Love to you" as a British single.

"Not a Stones fan", then?

PS - that song was never a single in the UK. Happy to help.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th December 2007 02:48 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

10th December 2007 02:50 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

We simply will have to agree to disagree..(see Allen Klein thread)...it is not personal, but I am a huge supporter of Mr. Klein...he is a genius.
10th December 2007 02:50 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

He did not care for the direction that Dick Taylor was taking the band and it took some time for the wounds to heal. His acceptance of Mick Taylor (no relation) as the best thing to happen to the band is accurate and his dedication both with his wallet and with his ears to the Stones along with his complete shunning of lesser bands/performers (see: LZ, Dylan, Aerosmith, etc) earns him his stripes as a Stones fan.

As for me, my first concert was at age 4 and I do not listen to LZ, The Beatles, Dylan, etc. This is what "We" are talking about.

Have a very Irish Christmas my friend.
10th December 2007 02:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

We simply will have to agree to disagree..(see Allen Klein thread)...it is not personal, but I am a huge supporter of Mr. Klein...he is a genius.

I must assume that you were able to test out your international line by now, surely Gazza has replied to your emails, no?
10th December 2007 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

He did not care for the direction that Dick Taylor was taking the band and it took some time for the wounds to heal. His acceptance of Mick Taylor (no relation) as the best thing to happen to the band is accurate and his dedication both with his wallet and with his ears to the Stones along with his complete shunning of lesser bands/performers (see: LZ, Dylan, Aerosmith, etc) earns him his stripes as a Stones fan.

As for me, my first concert was at age 4 and I do not listen to LZ, The Beatles, Dylan, etc. This is what "We" are talking about.

Have a very Irish Christmas my friend.

Thak you Pug...many here could learn from us..We are quite simply stated, the only true fans here..The emotions that the LZ fans here have shown is very indicative of their true feelings re:Stones...as you said, a convenience until their real favs appear(Police, LZ, U2, Dylan, Boss, REM, Queen, Spice, Bowie, Frank Lunz, G, Gordon Liddy).
10th December 2007 02:55 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I must assume that you were able to test out your international line by now, surely Gazza has replied to your emails, no?

Off course not..he is way too busy to help me with my line...I shall call someone else, preferably, a French.
10th December 2007 02:57 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Busking With Feej.......ahh the xmas spirit is alive...

I intend on providing for my family as my death, no doubt, will be untimely...such is the fate all great musicians who are before their time
10th December 2007 02:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Thak you Pug...many here could learn from us..We are quite simply stated, the only true fans here..The emotions that the LZ fans here have shown is very indicative of their true feelings re:Stones...as you said, a convenience until their real favs appear(Police, LZ, U2, Dylan, Boss, REM, Queen, Spice, Bowie, Frank Lunz, G, Gordon Liddy).

Your welcome. This is exactly why we always lose every "poll" about greatest band of all time. The Stones are merely a "placeholder" to most here. I would not be out of line saying that there may only be 3 or 4 true fans that post anymore. We have always known that we live in a world where the Stones are nothing more than "another band" and have no real significance to most here who prefer other bands (the ones you had mentioned plus WHAM!, Jackson 5, Jay-Z, Wu Tang Clan, Babs, etc)

We should be paid not only to post, but because without us, there would not be any real fans supporting the Stones and Blondie Chaplin/Tim Ries/etc. with a full effort.
10th December 2007 03:00 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Off course not..he is way too busy to help me with my line...I shall call someone else, preferably, a French.

Our only true friends hail from Sweden. I'd try there.
10th December 2007 03:03 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I intend on providing for my family as my death, no doubt, will be untimely...such is the fate all great musicians who are before their time

I preferred your old avatar where the man was holding a banana instead of a phone.

Please explain to me what the fuck Brodie Croyle was doing yesterday. I have about had it with the acceptance of "just good enough" from Kansas City. Please explain this to me as I am not very thrilled with Missouri right now and I don't want my anger to spread to St. Louis as I do not have any issue with that metropolis at this time.
10th December 2007 03:05 PM
steel driving hammer 15 to 17 licks...
10th December 2007 03:09 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I preferred your old avatar where the man was holding a banana instead of a phone.

Please explain to me what the fuck Brodie Croyle was doing yesterday. I have about had it with the acceptance of "just good enough" from Kansas City. Please explain this to me as I am not very thrilled with Missouri right now and I don't want my anger to spread to St. Louis as I do not have any issue with that metropolis at this time.

I am not much of a Chiefs fan...Although I do enjoy the VIP tent...all you can eat and cheerleaders on your lap...it's very nice...My God is good

10th December 2007 03:09 PM
polytoxic Well seeing as there is no Rolling Stones show today, why not check out what Zeppelin is up to? Always good to keep an eye on the competition.

By the way, anyone worried about the impending humiliation if those guys pull off a mind-blowing show without the help of an army of backing musicians?

Also, any word on Ronnie Wood or Bill Wyman at this thing?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)