ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin Set List Predictons for Mon.Night Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
10th December 2007 01:48 AM
Poplar
Tangerine
10th December 2007 02:08 AM
mojoman out on the tiles
10th December 2007 03:16 AM
IanBillen [quote]Sioux wrote:

That's my favorite Zep tune too, Ian....

Like I say I am no Led Zep fanatic or anything but I will say "Hey Hey What Can I do" is my fav by them as well. I love that tune. That particular song is not from any official "album release" if I am correct? Am I?

Ian
10th December 2007 03:19 AM
pdog it was the b-side to their one and only 7 inch 45 rpm single.
10th December 2007 03:59 AM
IanBillen
quote:
pdog wrote:
it was the b-side to their one and only 7 inch 45 rpm single.

I see thanks, what was the single? All of My Love? Stairway?

Ian
10th December 2007 04:01 AM
pdog Immigrant song, I believe was their only single.. off the top of my head.
10th December 2007 04:05 AM
pdog thanks to the google, I found out i was right as to what b-side it was, but wrong about Zep releasing no other singles...
10th December 2007 10:05 AM
jb Who gives a flying fuck.
10th December 2007 10:08 AM
Shmoey
quote:
jb wrote:
Who gives a flying fuck.

10th December 2007 10:15 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
pdog wrote:
thanks to the google, I found out i was right as to what b-side it was, but wrong about Zep releasing no other singles...

As I learned here not long ago, the belief that Zep released no singles is a sort of convenient legend that adds to the all-important "mystique."
10th December 2007 11:07 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Who gives a flying fuck.

you should know that not only at Rocks Off, but virtually everywhere, LZ is far more popular. We are some of the last few who will fight for the Stones (particularly Taylor Era).

You heard it here, this show will suck.
10th December 2007 11:13 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

you should know that not only at Rocks Off, but virtually everywhere, LZ is far more popular. We are some of the last few who will fight for the Stones (particularly Taylor Era).

why so hostile? vitriolic
10th December 2007 11:15 AM
Fiji Joe British fans in Las Vegas booed the American national anthem prior to the Mayweather Hatton fight...So I intend to burn all things in my possession that are of British origin...actually, just my Led Zeppelin cassettes...but I didn't need the classless behavior of some drunk limeys to convince me to do that

"Hey Ricky...You got knocked the fuck out!"
10th December 2007 11:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

why so hostile? vitriolic

I am not a LZ fan and have always considered them to be the most overrated band to come out of the seventies until Aerosmith took that title.

No hostility though, just disappointment that they are going to punish ears again.
10th December 2007 11:16 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

As is Springsteen...only on Stones message boards are other bands loved more..no wonder we don't sell CD's like these crap hole bands..LZ is about as big a myth as ever there was..yet, already , the articles on how they are so much more impt than the Stones ever were..indeed, to losers, burnouts, and other freaks who make up the majority of the world..( and this board)
[Edited by jb]
10th December 2007 11:19 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
British fans in Las Vegas booed the American national anthem prior to the Mayweather Hatton fight...So I intend to burn all things in my possession that are of British origin...actually, just my Led Zeppelin cassettes...but I didn't need the classless behavior of some drunk limeys to convince me to do that

"Hey Ricky...You got knocked the fuck out!"

I was very respectful when my father took me to Wrestlemania 2 just outside of Chicago in the mid eighties and stood and politely applauded when the British National Anthem played as "The Brittish Bulldogs" came to the ring. You were really left with no choice but to burn those cassette tapes.
10th December 2007 11:21 AM
mrhipfl Only a few more hours!!!!! This is gonna be HUGE!! Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings live on stage!!! Unbelievable!!!!

I hope they play D'yer Maker
10th December 2007 11:37 AM
voodoopug
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:
Only a few more hours!!!!! This is gonna be HUGE!! Bill Wyman and the Rhythm Kings live on stage!!! Unbelievable!!!!

I hope they play D'yer Maker

I hope they cancel.
10th December 2007 11:40 AM
speedfreakjive whether you like them or not one cannot deny the impact this re-union will have on their bank accounts (if that is your prerogative)
10th December 2007 11:42 AM
jb
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
whether you like them or not one cannot deny the impact this re-union will have on their bank accounts (if that is your prerogative)

We don't want to hear about it...we are Stones fans and could care less about a heavy metal group disbanded in 1980...they were a pure 70's phenomenon whose music has not aged well at all...the few live performances since their break up have sucked, including Plant/Page..
10th December 2007 11:52 AM
lotsajizz Zep rocks

right up there with the best
10th December 2007 11:54 AM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Zep rocks

right up there with the best

You are either with us, or against us....
10th December 2007 12:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

The Battle Lines have been drawn! This cannot be much worse than the Page/Plant tour some years back, but thats not saying much. Hopefully Bill Wyman (a true legend who should be heralded for his contributions to our generation and the one before us) will, as I predict, blow LZ off the stage ultimately crushing any chances of a reunion tour!
10th December 2007 12:16 PM
jb Typical Zep fan:

10th December 2007 12:20 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
jb wrote:

Ever hear of Ian Stewart? Was he "against us"? Than kindly explain 'Boogie With Stu'? Or the piano on 'Rock n' Roll' from "ZoSo". The world is not black or white...it is gray....
10th December 2007 12:22 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Typical Zep fan:

Most overrated bands of all time:

1. Led Zep
2. Aerosmith
3. U2
4. REM
5. Bon Jovi
6. Was Not Was
7. The Beatles

[Edited by voodoopug]
10th December 2007 12:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

Ever hear of Ian Stewart? Was he "against us"? Than kindly explain 'Boogie With Stu'? Or the piano on 'Rock n' Roll' from "ZoSo". The world is not black or white...it is gray....

I am sure if Stu had to do it all over again, he would have omitted this.
10th December 2007 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I am sure if Stu had to do it all over again, he would have omitted this.

That's why Stu was never allowed to be a member of the band..he was a side kick, albeit a beloved one.
10th December 2007 12:36 PM
lotsajizz check out the Hall of Fame--Stu WAS a Rolling Stone, not a sidekick...when they were inducted the bandmembers insisted he be listed as a full member....now slagging on Stu?!?! How low will your envy take you? I for one will not stand by and see the beloved Rolling Stones insulted so!! (queue music....)
10th December 2007 12:55 PM
jb i check this board every now and then to see what's going on. rarely do i see a thread worth posting in. clearly the pigs have taken over. its quite disgusting actually. and yeah. its clearly very sad that the on topic threads get little to no response."
Jaxx November 2007

---------------------------
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)