ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mr. L correct again/courtesy Shidoobee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
December 14th, 2005 11:25 AM
oldkr i have no problem with the ticket prices ,its each persons right to buy a ticket or not, im sure the europeans will fill the 40 quid seats and the americans and others travelling in will buy the good seats.

as for cardiff glasgow and sheffield im sure 150 quid is the average annual earning there , i never expected these shows to sell well

OLDKR
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

I suggest banning yourself for 3-6 hrs.

That's what my little friends and myself running around the Plains of Nebraska with knickers on and stick ball bats in our hands used to call "Postin'!"

You're POSTIN' baby!

The Joey - As seen on the reality show "That's Postin'!", 10:00 PM CDT Sundays.

voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I suggest banning yourself for 3-6 hrs.

due to recent humiliations and a retreading of "THe Salt Lake Incident"

I shall not post from Friday afternoon until Saturday late night!
December 14th, 2005 11:28 AM
Zeeta Fucking verbal diarrhea...JB et al talk about something else this is boring me.

The Stones have screwed us badly this time and it's fuck all to do with "the UK fans hating the Stones BLA DI FUCKIN BLAH" and ALL to do with the Stones being too greedy, badly organised and plain stupid with the UK leg of the tour.

December 14th, 2005 11:29 AM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i have no problem with the ticket prices ,its each persons right to buy a ticket or not, im sure the europeans will fill the 40 quid seats and the americans and others travelling in will buy the good seats.

as for cardiff glasgow and sheffield im sure 150 quid is the average annual earning there , i never expected these shows to sell well

OLDKR

Then why oldkr were these shows ever booked!!! Why didn't they listen to us!!!
December 14th, 2005 11:29 AM
voodoopug jb has been humiliated by this recent post...sadly, many see the topic and hate it, but still show up to attack jb!
December 14th, 2005 11:30 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
jb has been humiliated by this recent post...sadly, many see the topic and hate it, but still show up to attack jb!

No my Pugella..........many see it realize the "man"(that's me) was 100% correct...they are now in my corner.(see Gazza)
December 14th, 2005 11:33 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

No my Pugella..........many see it realize the "man"(that's me) was 100% correct...they are now in my corner.(see Gazza)

WHere is Young JOey going tomorrow night?

It is beginning to snow like crazy here again...i will probably die of a heart attack tonite shoveling the snow as my new snowblower is back ordered until the middle of next week!
December 14th, 2005 11:34 AM
jb Youa re the Chris farley of the board!!!! Or John Candy?
December 14th, 2005 11:35 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You are by far the exeption of the rule....you are in the Stones fan HOF, you have to answer to no one....when i use the phrase "true stones fans" you are leading the charge.

How are the sales in the old "Chech Republic"?

thanks to the great Vaclav Havel (liberator, former President and Czech Stones fan #1) , the Stones will always sell well there, I think

Mind you, I think Tony Blair is a Stones fan. Unfortunately, he's more hated in the UK than the Stones are, so any endorsement from him may lead to cancelled shows!
December 14th, 2005 11:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Then why oldkr were these shows ever booked!!! Why didn't they listen to us!!!

are you trying to suggest they ever do?

I hear the Stones will be involved in the soundtrack of the sequel to this film after the tour ends

[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 11:43 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Youa re the Chris farley of the board!!!! Or John Candy?

the loveable huggable big/tall man!

Sadly, I am not as beloved as those icons
December 14th, 2005 11:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

the loveable huggable big/tall man!

Sadly, I am not as beloved as those icons

or as dead, thankfully
December 14th, 2005 11:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i have no problem with the ticket prices ,its each persons right to buy a ticket or not, im sure the europeans will fill the 40 quid seats and the americans and others travelling in will buy the good seats.

yeah, after all we 'begrudge' the Stones for ripping us off or whatever spin you chose to put on it for the US press for a cheap quote....

I notice you've no problem with the band charging UK fans twice as much as the rest of Europe (even though our standard of living is no better). Yet you're quick to lambast this country for not respecting THEM enough? You dont think 'respect' works both ways?

quote:
as for cardiff glasgow and sheffield im sure 150 quid is the average annual earning there .

a tad condescending and elitist, no?

quote:
i never expected these shows to sell well

so, what should they have done ?

1) charge Londoners more than the rest of the country for the privilege of seeing the band or
2) charge everyone the same price levels but more affordable for everyone?

Such cheerleading bullshit...
[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I think Tony Blair is a Stones fan. Unfortunately, he's more hated in the UK than the Stones are, so any endorsement from him may lead to cancelled shows!

Tony Blair is the greatest politician the world has ever seen ...... as soon as he disassociates himself from Bushie43 and pulls all UK Troops out of the Vietnam ( Iraqi Quagmire ) then his poll ratings will SKYROCKET !!!!

JACKY !!!!!
December 14th, 2005 11:58 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

or as dead, thankfully

I appreciate your sentiments. It is nice to know that someone as respected as you does not wish me dead!
December 14th, 2005 12:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I appreciate your sentiments. It is nice to know that someone as respected as you does not wish me dead!

It's still early - I havent heard your band yet, Pug!
December 14th, 2005 12:08 PM
glencar Oh they're good...and cheap!
December 14th, 2005 12:24 PM
jb [quote]Zeeta wrote:
Fucking verbal diarrhea...JB et al talk about something else this is boring me.

The Stones have screwed us badly this time and it's fuck all to do with "the UK fans hating the Stones BLA DI FUCKIN BLAH" and ALL to do with the Stones being too greedy, badly organised and plain stupid with the UK leg of the tour.

[/quote

Too bad...........take some Pepto. Great britain has most definitely turned their hearts to Stone. It must reallyhurt being a Stones fan there.
[Edited by jb]
December 14th, 2005 12:25 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Oh they're good...and cheap!

" Please don't talk about love tonight
please don't talk about sweet love
please don't talk about bein' true

and all the trouble we've been thru.
Please don't talk about all the plans

we had for fixin' this broken romace.
I want to go where the people dance
I want some action
I wanna live
Action - I got so much to give.
I want to give it

I want to get some too.................................

**** Young Joeykins gets up from his desk and begins to Dance ****

I love the night life.
I got to boogie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.
I love the night life.
I got to boogie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.

Please don't talk about love tonight.
Yo' sweet talk won't make it right.
Lovin' lies just bring me down

when you got women all over town.
You can love them all an' when you're thru

maybe that'll make an man outta you.

I got to go where the people dance.........

**** Young Joeykins gets up from his desk and begins to Dance ****

I love the night life.
I got to boogie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.
I love the night life.
I got to boogie

on the disco-round
oh yeah.........( fade to Steelie )
December 14th, 2005 12:27 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

December 14th, 2005 12:28 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!?!

December 14th, 2005 12:31 PM
glencar Hey, recycling is GREAT!
December 14th, 2005 12:33 PM
jb Sadly, she died of cancer................
December 14th, 2005 12:34 PM
glencar Who?
December 14th, 2005 12:52 PM
oldkr i dont see where this attitude of entitlement is coming from the stones dont owe anybody a cheap ticket , they dont keep a tally of how many shows we have seen and thus feel we should be owed a show with reasonable prices, im simply saying that if people cant afford or dont want to afford a stones ticket they have been priced out of the game , and that too bad , but thats the reality!

as for england hating the stones , its nothing new... they built their career off being disliked , the only problem for them now is that as everyone has aged and become a part of the establishment (as the stones themselves have) those who are still clinging on to the 'i saw them for 3quid in 1973' mentality have simply failed to move with the times.

OLDKR

December 14th, 2005 12:55 PM
jb
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i dont see where this attitude of entitlement is coming from the stones dont owe anybody a cheap ticket , they dont keep a tally of how many shows we have seen and thus feel we should be owed a show with reasonable prices, im simply saying that if people cant afford or dont want to afford a stones ticket they have been priced out of the game , and that too bad , but thats the reality!

as for england hating the stones , its nothing new... they built their career off being disliked , the only problem for them now is that as everyone has aged and become a part of the establishment (as the stones themselves have) those who are still clinging on to the 'i saw them for 3quid in 1973' mentality have simply failed to move with the times.

OLDKR

V ery eloquent my friend....indeed, the 3 quid days are long gone as are the Stones. The English, notorious for there dislike of the Stones, have no one but themselves to blame. They forced the Stones "Exile" by a penal tax code, have made bands like Oasis, Spice Girls, Madonna, Jame Blunt, etc the their biggest stars, and they refuse to acknolwedge their greatest gift to the world(as said by Mick in 81 tour prom) is the Stones.................
December 14th, 2005 01:01 PM
glencar Well said, Joshy.
December 14th, 2005 01:02 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well said, Joshy.

Thanks Blue..........you shall be greertd 1/20..flying in on AAA at Laq Guardia
December 14th, 2005 01:17 PM
glencar LGA? Why? Always fly into JFK. Always! Leave LGA for the less successful attorneys.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)