ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mr. L correct again/courtesy Shidoobee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
December 15th, 2005 02:09 PM
jb There are many people from many boards converging on New York for the 1/20th summitt...........many personalities and many egoes , some larger than others. We need the organizer(s) of this event to take all step necessary to ensure a fun, free-spirited atmosphere, will plently of Stones music and alcohol and food for those of legal age.
December 15th, 2005 02:12 PM
Joey ".... and many egoes , some larger than others. "

December 15th, 2005 02:26 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
There are many people from many boards converging on New York for the 1/20th summitt...........many personalities and many egoes , some larger than others. We need the organizer(s) of this event to take all step necessary to ensure a fun, free-spirited atmosphere, will plently of Stones music and alcohol and food for those of legal age.

Assume Nothing When Planning a Major Event
Release Date: 04/ 09/ 2002
When coordinating an important event, you can never assume that everyone will complete their tasks accurately and on time without your checking, double-checking and sometimes even triple-checking to make sure everything is on schedule. In today's Workshop, Jeffrey Moses explains how to make sure things get done--without ruffling feathers.

A catering business is a good example of a business that constantly needs to coordinate large numbers of diverse activities. Think of the last time you went to a large, catered wedding. If the event went smoothly, it was the result of dozens or perhaps hundreds of separate events and projects, all coordinated to be completed simultaneously. The result is that the catering staff walks in calmly, right on time, with trays of food ready to go.

How do catering pros accomplish this coordination? The guidelines can serve as a model for coordinating activities in almost every type of business.

Most important is designating one person to be in charge of coordinating all other staff members and outside vendors. Several people may be in charge, but the ultimate responsibility needs to be on one person's shoulders. This person first needs to plan every aspect of the project, putting all details and timelines in writing. These written plans need to be distributed to each person, team or vendor involved. The person in charge needs to review the details with each person so that everyone understands exactly what they will be doing and when they need to be finished.

It's not enough to review what needs to be done with a person, and then assume that the person will complete the project on time. The person in charge should follow-up with each person at least twice, with the first check up taking place a few days after the initial meeting and the second one taking place a few days before the deadline. The second check-up should give everyone enough time to correct errors without delaying the ultimate time schedule.

Good managers should remind their employees that while they might continually follow up with them about their progress, it doesn't reflect their lack of confidence in the employee. Following these guidelines can help take a tremendous burden off your shoulders and make a nerve-racking project move ahead smoothly.
December 15th, 2005 05:39 PM
LadyJane No wonder my ears have been ringing ALL day.

Since when am I in charge??? Okay....I volunteered. Who else could handle this group of maniacs?? Besides, I'm an A list poster on all three Boards involved (see RO/The Couch and Shidoobee) and as far as I know have no ENEMIES!!

Look....I'm staying in Times Square....and I'm not in the mood to travel far.

Gypsy and I will be in NYC on the 18th....and I ASSURE you, our gathering will be CLOSE to the venue.

We need an NYC recon team....some place close to MSG AND Walters. We MUST visit our Shidoobee friends and vice versa.

Developing..............................

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
December 15th, 2005 06:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Assume Nothing When Planning a Major Event
Release Date: 04/ 09/ 2002
When coordinating an important event, you can never assume that everyone will complete their tasks accurately and on time without your checking, double-checking and sometimes even triple-checking to make sure everything is on schedule. In today's Workshop, Jeffrey Moses explains how to make sure things get done--without ruffling feathers.

A catering business is a good example of a business that constantly needs to coordinate large numbers of diverse activities. Think of the last time you went to a large, catered wedding. If the event went smoothly, it was the result of dozens or perhaps hundreds of separate events and projects, all coordinated to be completed simultaneously. The result is that the catering staff walks in calmly, right on time, with trays of food ready to go.

How do catering pros accomplish this coordination? The guidelines can serve as a model for coordinating activities in almost every type of business.

Most important is designating one person to be in charge of coordinating all other staff members and outside vendors. Several people may be in charge, but the ultimate responsibility needs to be on one person's shoulders. This person first needs to plan every aspect of the project, putting all details and timelines in writing. These written plans need to be distributed to each person, team or vendor involved. The person in charge needs to review the details with each person so that everyone understands exactly what they will be doing and when they need to be finished.

It's not enough to review what needs to be done with a person, and then assume that the person will complete the project on time. The person in charge should follow-up with each person at least twice, with the first check up taking place a few days after the initial meeting and the second one taking place a few days before the deadline. The second check-up should give everyone enough time to correct errors without delaying the ultimate time schedule.

Good managers should remind their employees that while they might continually follow up with them about their progress, it doesn't reflect their lack of confidence in the employee. Following these guidelines can help take a tremendous burden off your shoulders and make a nerve-racking project move ahead smoothly.

you will do a great job...please refer to my quoted post for inspiration (see Ron Wood on Black and Blue album)
December 15th, 2005 07:11 PM
glencar LJ, I'm sorry if it seems I forced you into it. The new Hard Rock Cafe is in Times Square but if it's more than just us ROers then I think we need to take over a bar. The Shidooooobbbbbeeeeeans are probably committed to Walter's but that place is too small for everyone. You can't really talk to people & while I have been known to frequent dumps, that place is a bit too dumpy. I will look around a bit but I'm not sure how often I'll be in Manhattan before the big event.
December 15th, 2005 07:59 PM
LadyJane No problem....I'm happy to do it...but it's hard to find the perfect spot from Buffalo.

WE'll work it out.....

LJ.
December 15th, 2005 10:43 PM
jb This must be handled very carefully with fine attention to every detail. Everything, from food selection to napkins must be approved by me...............We expect this to be the event of events-the summitt of summitts, and nothing less than perfection will be tolerated, If I am not satisfied with even one aspect(i.e. decor of room) I shall not attend. Whomever choses to handle this faces great pressure and responsibilities........hundreds of people are counting on my presence..........one slip up, and I walk!!!
December 15th, 2005 11:25 PM
pdog We party where we are, we are the party, the aprty is us, the setting is NYC 2006...
I don't care if it's a the Pho=Phoeyist of joints or a trash can fire we hang out around in Tomkins Square. Where we are, is where it's at...
End of story!
I do prefer inside actually, I'm a California pussy nowadays... I hate the cold...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)