ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mr. L correct again/courtesy Shidoobee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
December 15th, 2005 09:39 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
So the sales are better than initial reports!!!!

quel surprise, eh?

of course a lot depends on how many tickets per venue there are in the £150 category, so its hard to say how many theyve sold.

Bad time of year to put tickets this pricey on sale, anyway (Xmas).

the only one that seems to have really struggled is Glasgow. they'll probably eventually sell out (or come close to selling out) the others

Whoever thought they could sell out Glasgow at these prices should have been shot. they sold out 2 indoor shows there last time (20,000 tickets) but they werent that hard to get. Most tickets were about £65. Expecting to sell 45,000 tickets for an all-seated stadium show with thousands of seats at £150 is fucking madness
December 15th, 2005 09:41 AM
Joey " 1) Unlike Joey's ass, I am always clean "

I just took my morning shit !

" 2) I will look up to you as well, Josh, but considering I'm 5'6, I look up to almost everyone. Apart from Voodoo, because he's usually lying down in a state of unconsciousness. "

Funny -- good Postin'

" 3) I am not English. My quite impenetrable accent will be evidence of that! "

MACCA's Mother was born in Ireland

" 4) I only drink Guinness that is brewed in Ireland."

" 5) I believe the festivities shall take place prior to the show on the 20th. "

The QWEST CENTER calls you like the Sirens upon the rocks

THE JACKY ( He will be seeing U2 in concert this evening Ronnie ! )

December 15th, 2005 09:53 AM
jb The party must be w/in walking distance..what about that Pub near Penn SDtation,,,O'hare's?
December 15th, 2005 09:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
The party must be w/in walking distance..what about that Pub near Penn SDtation,,,O'hare's?

dont worry Joshy...It is common knowledge that you, and many esteemed others will be at Walters, any additional gatherings will have to be scheduled near there. It will be too cold to walk around NYC. Please be safe and enjoy yourself!
December 15th, 2005 10:04 AM
glencar Joshy, let LJ make the plans w/o your input. We'll ALL be better off. Remember, as Lennon wrote: Too many cooks spoil the soup!
December 15th, 2005 10:06 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, let LJ make the plans w/o your input. We'll ALL be better off. Remember, as Lennon wrote: Too many cooks spoil the soup!

I know how much hard work it is to plan a gathering....LJ is up to the task!
December 15th, 2005 10:08 AM
glencar Exactly! And I'll help her if need be. But weird advice like crowding into Walter's is just so wrong.
December 15th, 2005 10:10 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, let LJ make the plans w/o your input. We'll ALL be better off. Remember, as Lennon wrote: Too many cooks spoil the soup!

This must be down at or near MSg..not in Surburban areas(see Chicago)...............
December 15th, 2005 10:12 AM
glencar Joshy, it's "duly noted".
December 15th, 2005 10:13 AM
glencar I hope to see you there. BTW Times Square is just a short subway ride to MSG. Will you be bringing a camera & some weed?
December 15th, 2005 10:15 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hope to see you there. BTW Times Square is just a short subway ride to MSG. Will you be bringing a camera & some weed?

If all goes well, I shall be bringing myself and older son........Pug will not show up as he fears many from both boards will converge in a surprise attack. I told him I would never let him get beat without jumping in.
December 15th, 2005 10:16 AM
glencar I thought it was because Mrs. G is likely to be close to delivery about then.
December 15th, 2005 10:17 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

This must be down at or near MSg..not in Surburban areas(see Chicago)...............

You weren't even there! Chicago was a great time even though the pigs gave me a parking ticky. Ironically it was cheaper than my Stones tix!
December 15th, 2005 10:18 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought it was because Mrs. G is likely to be close to delivery about then.

No..my wife is actually due on the 20th, but I fear no man....I pretty much can handle myslef one on one with anyone not trained in street fighting or martial arts.
December 15th, 2005 10:22 AM
glencar Don't bring any guns to NYC! Out-of-tow-n rubes will get busted even if they don't know the rules. Being jewish won't help you.
December 15th, 2005 10:22 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Don't bring any guns to NYC! Out-of-tow-n rubes will get busted even if they don't know the rules. Being jewish won't help you.

3yrs mandatory ..............
December 15th, 2005 10:23 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought it was because Mrs. G is likely to be close to delivery about then.

HOw embarrassing would that be if she went into labor and Josh and I were on the bottom of a pile being pummelled.

I wanted to come to NYC....you got the real reason glencar!

I must publicaly thank Josh for offering to jump in to the attack and save me from a savage beating!
December 15th, 2005 10:23 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

You weren't even there! Chicago was a great time even though the pigs gave me a parking ticky. Ironically it was cheaper than my Stones tix!

Thats nothin..my flight from Dublin to NY is cheaper than most of these tickets!
December 15th, 2005 10:25 AM
glencar Gazza, I think I overpaid for Wembley! At that time of year though, my airfare will cost more than a single Stones ticky.
December 15th, 2005 10:29 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Thats nothin..my flight from Dublin to NY is cheaper than most of these tickets!

I will not travel more than 3 blocks from MSg!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 15th, 2005 10:34 AM
glencar Joshy, our hotel is in Times Square. Look for a get-together between Times Square & MSG.
December 15th, 2005 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, our hotel is in Times Square. Look for a get-together between Times Square & MSG.

Great!!!! perfecrt location..I just don't think it should be near Wall Street or by Central park.
[Edited by jb]
December 15th, 2005 10:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, I think I overpaid for Wembley! At that time of year though, my airfare will cost more than a single Stones ticky.

Apart from a few of us in Block A, EVERYONE has overpaid for Wembley, including the government who financed the bloody thing!

and yes, going to NY in January for me is a lot cheaper than had I gone in september. Only downside is the weather.
December 15th, 2005 10:46 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Great!!!! perfecrt location..I just don't think it should be near Wall Street or by Central park.
[Edited by jb]

LJ wouldn't do that. I've known her all these years.
December 15th, 2005 10:46 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Apart from a few of us in Block A, EVERYONE has overpaid for Wembley, including the government who financed the bloody thing!

and yes, going to NY in January for me is a lot cheaper than had I gone in september. Only downside is the weather.

I think I bought the goddam tiers for 150 "quid" times 3!
December 15th, 2005 10:59 AM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

LJ wouldn't do that. I've known her all these years.

They are other factors at work here.................we shall not be geographiocally inconvenienced b/c of a few!!!
December 15th, 2005 11:01 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

They are other factors at work here.................we shall not be geographiocally inconvenienced b/c of a few!!!

Is joey going to NYC???
December 15th, 2005 11:03 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Is joey going to NYC???

No.....................you and Joey are the only major players not attending. You have let down many people, but I understand your fears. Just remember, I will be there to cover your back...no one ever fucks with me....
December 15th, 2005 11:17 AM
glencar Joey is a loser, unfortunately.
December 15th, 2005 11:18 AM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Namely?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)