ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mr. L correct again/courtesy Shidoobee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
December 14th, 2005 09:34 AM
jb Rolling Stones Struggle in Britain and Reign Supreme in Brazil

by Tim Cashmere

December 14 2005

Nobody can argue the legendary legacy of the Rolling Stones, but even legends have their price… and the Stones charging between ₤90 and ₤150 pounds is just too much for the British public.

There are plenty of tickets available for the Glasgow, Cardiff and Sheffield shows, but their hometown of London still turned out in their droves to fund the aging rockers (not exactly dwindling) retirement fund and they sold out one Wembley Stadium.

While the Stones are busy ripping off their fans in the UK, on the other side of the world they will perform a free concert at the Copacabana beach in Rio De Janeiro.

1.5 million people are expected to turn out to see the Rolling Stones on February 18 next year.

While the Stones were touring the USA this year, top tickets were around $US500, which included a $US70 booking fee from Ticketmaster.

December 14th, 2005 09:52 AM
charlotte jb, you are a living legend...they should put a bronze statue of you just outside the entrance of the Orange Bowl...maybe Pat Riley will lead the fundraiser...
December 14th, 2005 09:58 AM
Joey " There are plenty of tickets available for the Glasgow, Cardiff and Sheffield shows, but their hometown of London still turned out in their droves to fund the aging rockers (not exactly dwindling) retirement fund and they sold out one Wembley Stadium."

The Rolling Stones' abysmal live performance of " Rain Fall Down " on the " AMA " Program last month was the band's Waterloo ( see : Bushie43 & Katrina ) .

They should count their blessings that they sold out Wembley ......

......................ss ! "

JACKY !
December 14th, 2005 10:00 AM
jb
quote:
charlotte wrote:
jb, you are a living legend...they should put a bronze statue of you just outside the entrance of the Orange Bowl...maybe Pat Riley will lead the fundraiser...

Thank You Charlotte.....but as I have said many times, the sad fact is that other than we fanatics, the Stones are simply a nostalgia act whom many are passing this time....it is evident in sales, attendance, and the fact that this tour, albeit great, simply has gathered no momentum. They have toured to death since 89, and what once was a major event to the public is just another show by the "wrinkly rockers". U2 is where the Stones were in 81....huge stadiums, huge crowds, all over the place...we shall see how long they can keep doing it..my guessis they have one or 2 monster tours left, whereas the Stones, must really scale back and write some songs that actually have some staying power................it is sad that we are no longer considred the greatest...we all know that "Exile" alone makes us head s and shoulders above the rest, but it ain't playing in Kansas anymore.
December 14th, 2005 10:02 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:
" There are plenty of tickets available for the Glasgow, Cardiff and Sheffield shows, but their hometown of London still turned out in their droves to fund the aging rockers (not exactly dwindling) retirement fund and they sold out one Wembley Stadium."

The Rolling Stones' abysmal live performance of " Rain Fall Down " on the " AMA " Program last month was the band's Waterloo ( see : Bushie43 & Katrina ) .

They should count their blessings that they sold out Wembley ......

......................ss ! "

JACKY !

Agreed..............is there a second Wembley show? They must cancel the rest Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff immediately..........The United Kingdom hates the Stones.......
December 14th, 2005 10:03 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed..............is there a second Wembley show? They must cancel the rest Glasgow, Sheffield, and Cardiff immediately..........The United Kingdom hates the Stones.......

I would like to caress your kneecaps

December 14th, 2005 10:14 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

it is sad that we are no longer considred the greatest...we all know that "Exile" alone makes us head s and shoulders above the rest, but it ain't playing in Kansas anymore.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051214/ts_nm/iran_holocaust_dc

Israel must act NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The warning signs are increasing ....

Shiver ..........................

December 14th, 2005 10:17 AM
GimmeExile So, what's the problem?

Is it ticket prices or do people enjoy "Where the Streets Have No Name" more than "Sympathy For the Devil"?
December 14th, 2005 10:20 AM
jb Agred...we simply don't have the logistics to carry out an airstrikke as the reactor is 1700 lilometers away....absent help by the US, we(the Jewish state) and the US will be in deep shiot once Iran hands over this stuff to Al-Queda.
As for the Stones,theonly positive thing may be a trip back to US to amke up lost revenue..they can still put 13-15k asses at average of 200 a pop in some cities..but evedn this tour New York, Chicago, and Philly sucked.........
December 14th, 2005 10:28 AM
Moonisup josh,
the entire european tour is selling weak, the second concert has maybe 8000 tickets sold (50.000 for sale)

December 14th, 2005 10:31 AM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
josh,
the entire european tour is selling weak, the second concert has maybe 8000 tickets sold (50.000 for sale)

Hi Rik!!!
Mery X-mas and happy New Year!!! I guess the second show shall be cancled. I never thought I would see the day the Dutch turned their back on the Stones........sad, but true.

P.S.-Heard you are "involved"???
December 14th, 2005 10:33 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Good. And who can blame them. They hated us first. Evidenced by their '98 tour cancellations as a tax dodge and then the broken promise of a "10 date theatre tour in 1999" to make up for it and then by charging UK fans TWICE as much for tickets as fans in the rest of Europe are paying.

They deserve to be embarrassed and humiliated.
December 14th, 2005 10:37 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Good. And who can blame them. They hated us first. Evidenced by their '98 tour cancellations as a tax dodge and then the broken promise of a "10 date theatre tour in 1999" to make up for it and then by charging UK fans TWICE as much for tickets as fans in the rest of Europe are paying.

They deserve to be embarrassed and humiliated.

Ansd they are!!!! The press usually does not write about these things...someone obviously wanted to really embarass them and this article has done so....................You also predicted this if I recall for the other venues.......{w}e are now faced
with very serious business decesion on how to mitigate this disaster.......................................
[Edited by jb]
December 14th, 2005 10:38 AM
Moonisup well i've got a girlfriend yeah, longer then a year already, and she's coming with me to see the stones
December 14th, 2005 10:39 AM
Gazza who fucking cares, Josh

if enough people hadnt been stupid or desperate enough to pay silly prices for crap tickets in big venues in the US first it wouldnt have encouraged the greedy bastards.

Some of us just happen to wake up to the fact that they're taking the piss out of us quicker than others.

[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 10:43 AM
jb Gazza, are you still coming to New York? I shall attend as long as wife is O.K...........I will "hug you" in a manly way and buy you a great American Beer, Pabts Blue Ribbon!!!

Rik-happy ti hear about you r/s....just play the Taylor boots and 68-78 stuff and girlfriend will be impressed.
December 14th, 2005 10:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
You also predicted this if I recall for the other venues

yep..I did

They'll sell Wembley no problem because theres more wealth in that part of the country and because of the appeal of seeing them in the new stadium (its the ONLY reason I'M going, and even then I'm not spending £150 for a ticket)

However, to expect people to pay £150 for a seat in the stand miles away from the stage and with a side view in many cases is fucking outrageous.

A lower tier grandstand ticket at Wembley in 2006 = £150
same ticket in 2003 at twickenham = £80
all tickets in 1999 at Wembley = £40

see the problem?

Even Zimbabwe doesnt have an inflation problem as bad as that.

Theyve also overestimated the market. Last tour they did 11 shows in the Uk and Ireland and there were 194,000 tickets available (139,000 of them in London)

This time - 5 shows in the UK (plus there will be one in Ireland). and about 280,000 tickets available (150,000 in London) in the UK alone (not counting Dublin which will probably be too many as well)

there'll always be a few people for whom money is no object and meaningless but most sensible people can see when theyre being ripped off. And in this country, thats (justifiably) something thats gonna rebound on you at some point.

That kind of shit seems socially acceptable in the States. In Britain, if you were to charge people £150 a concert ticket, it'll provoke a huge "how dare they?" media backlash (and has done). We dont have that 'Vegas'-mentality to accepting sky high prices for rock n roll shows. Its also seen as very uncool.

VERY VERY bad planning on their part to try and sell so many overpriced tickets in stadiums so soon after the last tour (where the appeal was mostly down to the smaller venues)

[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 10:45 AM
jb Please respond to 1/2o question~!!!
December 14th, 2005 10:50 AM
charlotte but sir michael, the peasants want cheaper tickets..."fuck em, I allow them to see me in masses of 60,000-70,000 even 90,000 all across the UK and Europe-who else in a thousand years has been so open and forgiving to the masses...ungrateful bastards"
December 14th, 2005 10:51 AM
Gazza last time I looked, yes.
December 14th, 2005 10:58 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
last time I looked, yes.

It will be bloody cold in New York!!! We (young jb) and I are planning ion being there.......were is the get together...I know Walters is were Doug will be( and I shall stop by as usual), but is RO have a seperate event or just meeting at the Rhiga Royal /
December 14th, 2005 11:03 AM
voodoopug It is truly sad to see the great Rolling Stones crumbling before us. I have already spent thousands on tickets this tour, and will probably do it again if they return in the fall, but sadly, the majority do not want to spend this money and would rather spend their money on "The Magical Mystery Tour" or a rise to "Vertigo"!

TO the true stones fans in Europe, you better go see them this time around, with the way their fans treat them over there, they will never return again!

you were correct again jb!

December 14th, 2005 11:06 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
It is truly sad to see the great Rolling Stones crumbling before us. I have already spent thousands on tickets this tour, and will probably do it again if they return in the fall, but sadly, the majority do not want to spend this money and would rather spend their money on "The Magical Mystery Tour" or a rise to "Vertigo"!

TO the true stones fans in Europe, you better go see them this time around, with the way their fans treat them over there, they will never return again!

tHANK YOU pUG..........i ADVISED AGAINST eUROPE BUT WAS NOT LISTENED TO....i SAID 1 OR 2 SHOWS AT MOST...AND SKIP THE STADIUMS..........WE ARE NEVER TOURING EUROPE AGAIN.....
December 14th, 2005 11:08 AM
Joey

The European Leg of the tour is a bust ( see : Detroit )
December 14th, 2005 11:16 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

all kidding aside, I (and many others) dont need lessons on the definition of a 'true Stones fan'. I think I've earned my stripes in that respect over the years.

A sucker I'm not, however

Most of the people paying these prices dont know their ass from their exile.
December 14th, 2005 11:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

It will be bloody cold in New York!!! We (young jb) and I are planning ion being there.......were is the get together...I know Walters is were Doug will be( and I shall stop by as usual), but is RO have a seperate event or just meeting at the Rhiga Royal /

No idea, Josh. The planning and organisation of it has nothing to do with me
December 14th, 2005 11:19 AM
jb Pug has been humiliated twicwe in 2 days.....the South American inident and now this..................

Sadly, Pug shall not attend 1/20 and wil miss the likes of Gazza, Voodoo, LJ, Max, Joey, SS. Nanky, and some surprise guests...............
December 14th, 2005 11:20 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No idea, Josh. The planning and organisation of it has nothing to do with me

Then simply advise your location and we(young jb and I ) shall come greet you!!!! We can meet at a pug in Times Square and have fish and chips!!!(I think htere is one near MSG)......
December 14th, 2005 11:23 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
It is truly sad to see the great Rolling Stones crumbling before us. I have already spent thousands on tickets this tour, and will probably do it again if they return in the fall, but sadly, the majority do not want to spend this money and would rather spend their money on "The Magical Mystery Tour" or a rise to "Vertigo"!

I suggest banning yourself for 3-6 hrs.
December 14th, 2005 11:24 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

all kidding aside, I (and many others) dont need lessons on the definition of a 'true Stones fan'. I think I've earned my stripes in that respect over the years.

A sucker I'm not, however

Most of the people paying these prices dont know their ass from their exile.

You are by far the exeption of the rule....you are in the Stones fan HOF, you have to answer to no one....when i use the phrase "true stones fans" you are leading the charge.

How are the sales in the old "Chech Republic"?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)