ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Get well Keef!!
Keithfucius say
"If you're gonna get wasted, get wasted elegantly
oooooh... aaaaaah... Thanks Master Keithfucius!
© 1979 Mr. Henry Diltz
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mr. L correct again/courtesy Shidoobee Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
December 14th, 2005 04:18 PM
voodoopug BRAVO YOUNG JOEY!!!!!!
December 14th, 2005 04:29 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
BRAVO YOUNG JOEY!!!!!!

Joshy need not be idolized ;
Or enlarged at ' Shidobee ' beyond what he was at ' Rocks Off ' .
He IS to be remembered as a kind and decent man ;
A man who saw wrong and tried to right it ...
Saw suffering and tried to heal it ...
Saw War and tried to STOP it .

And those of us who loved him ** Young Joey's voice now cracking with visceral and heartfelt emotion *** ;
And who take him to his ' transition ' here today .
Know that what he was and what he stood for ;
Will someday come to pass for all the world .
As he said many times in many posts throughout the decades ;
" Some Men see message boards the way they are and say , ' Why ?!?! ' ..... ' WHY ?!?! ' .........
I dream of message boards that never were and say , ' WTF ?!?! ' !!!!!!!! "

I Thank You For Your time Today !
December 14th, 2005 04:35 PM
Egbert
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I love Yapphet Kotto...as well as 'Law And Order' or whatever it was, he was in a James Bond film...'Live And Let Die'.

Kotto was good in Midnight Run
December 14th, 2005 04:44 PM
Dan
quote:

Too bad...........take some Pepto. Great britain has most definitely turned their hearts to Stone. It must reallyhurt being a Stones fan there.

Actually nothing feels better than being a Stones fan in a B market. $20 for Anaheim and $90 for a ticket right next to the stage in Fresno. I love TRUE free market, supply and demand based pricing.
December 14th, 2005 04:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i dont see where this attitude of entitlement is coming from the stones dont owe anybody a cheap ticket , they dont keep a tally of how many shows we have seen and thus feel we should be owed a show with reasonable prices, im simply saying that if people cant afford or dont want to afford a stones ticket they have been priced out of the game , and that too bad , but thats the reality!

er..I never suggested they should be 'cheap'. No reason for them to be. Seems that this time its the Stones who have priced themselves 'out of the game' by having no concept of what you have described as 'reality' !

quote:
as for england hating the stones , its nothing new... they built their career off being disliked , the only problem for them now is that as everyone has aged and become a part of the establishment (as the stones themselves have) those who are still clinging on to the 'i saw them for 3quid in 1973' mentality have simply failed to move with the times.

More sweeping bullshit statements. Yeah they were disliked so much that millions bought their records and saw them in concert for 40 years. And spare me the 'we're all part of the establishment' crap. Speak for yourself.

so 'moving with the times' equates with paying lip service to being fucked over for tickets which are twice as expensive as those elsewhere in Europe? Still waiting for your excuse for that one, mate!

December 14th, 2005 05:08 PM
voodoopug THere are valid questions raised!

I feel the entire European Tour has been underpriced. They should be asked to spend the same money on tickets that we were asked to pay. If they dont sell enough tickets, let them paper the houses in Europe just as they did here!!!
December 14th, 2005 06:05 PM
justforyou I sense a tinge of jealousy with regards to ticket prices. Aren't these things controlled by supply and demand ? The US has always been the Stones strongest touring market, so the managers hiked the prices, still selling out, Coohl well done...
December 14th, 2005 06:06 PM
justforyou Oh...and what about the Japanese prices ?
December 14th, 2005 06:20 PM
oldkr i don't see it as being 'fucked over' i'll happily pay for a decent show , which is what they provide.

so it was with the love and affection of england that the stones got busted lambasted and shouted out in the early days was it?

the stones havent priced themselves out of the game , the shows sold well here, AND in london , im sure they will sell all the cheap seats and the more expensive seats will trickle through the usual channels to be (hopefully) filled up.

as for being part of the establishment , if you're not, then youre at a distinct disadvantage, like i said its not 1973

its anyboides personal choice to pay the prices or not , and its anybodies right to have an opinion about it , but if i was buying a car i wouldnt stand in front of the salesman and endlessly complain about the injustice of the price....

OLDKR
December 14th, 2005 06:40 PM
Flairville I think the prices are over the top. £150 is obscene but I would pay it if I had to. I know tickets were far more expensive in the US but here paying more than £100 for a ticket to any show is seen as daylight robbery. If they had to paper loads shows in the US, why not learn from this and lower prices so the stadiums are legitimately full? There's nothing worse than seeing all the fat, middle aged business types at the front of gigs, sat down all the time, not looking like they're enjoying it. (See MSG BiggerBang DVD)
On the brighter side a lot of us die hards have scored the great £60 first 10 rows tickets. And for those of you who haven't been so lucky, you'll probably get some great bargains nearer the time, even freebies if every radio station is giving them away by the truck load.
December 14th, 2005 06:40 PM
Dan
quote:
justforyou wrote:
I sense a tinge of jealousy with regards to ticket prices. Aren't these things controlled by supply and demand ? The US has always been the Stones strongest touring market, so the managers hiked the prices, still selling out, Coohl well done...

Supply and demand is a common fallacy used to justify the prices but supply is manipulated and there is no disclosure to what the supply really is. It all comes down to how much the Stones want to get paid, then Cohl manipulates promotors and fans to accomplish it.
December 14th, 2005 06:53 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
i don't see it as being 'fucked over' i'll happily pay for a decent show , which is what they provide.

so it was with the love and affection of england that the stones got busted lambasted and shouted out in the early days was it?

Oh I see...so its ok to stereotype the entire country (and in effect the fans) because the government and establishment treated them like shit back in the '60's? Jesus, you get worse.

quote:
the stones havent priced themselves out of the game , the shows sold well here, AND in london , im sure they will sell all the cheap seats and the more expensive seats will trickle through the usual channels to be (hopefully) filled up.

yep..by the 'genuine' fans no doubt. Ha! I wasnt talking about the US and London as somewhere where theyd 'priced themselves out of the game'

quote:
as for being part of the establishment , if you're not, then youre at a distinct disadvantage, like i said its not 1973

I was ten in 1973. You probably werent even born. Dont patronise me with that "its not 1973" crap. I dont live in the past. I'm more concerned with whats going on with the Stones NOW. However, if you want to be happy with the band making themselves look increasingly ridiculous and out of touch with everything they used to stand for, thats your problem. You'll be justifying the Days of Our Lives crap next. Excuse me for being a bit over-romantic here, but I prefer rock n roll to be a larger part of what my favourite band are about.

quote:
its anyboides personal choice to pay the prices or not , and its anybodies right to have an opinion about it , but if i was buying a car i wouldnt stand in front of the salesman and endlessly complain about the injustice of the price....

fuck me. Here he go. Another professor from "The Bjornulf school of Useless Metaphors" for justifying anything the Stones do.

Ok, I'll bite. if you were buying a new model of your favourite car this year, wouldnt you be a bit pissed off if it cost double the price it did when the last model came out 2 years previously? Even though it was still effectively the same? No doubt you'd be delighted if the salesman excused it by saying "tough shit, mate - enough people buy it to justify the price hike. If you dont like it, get the bus".
December 14th, 2005 07:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Flairville wrote:
I think the prices are over the top. £150 is obscene but I would pay it if I had to. I know tickets were far more expensive in the US but here paying more than £100 for a ticket to any show is seen as daylight robbery. If they had to paper loads shows in the US, why not learn from this and lower prices so the stadiums are legitimately full? There's nothing worse than seeing all the fat, middle aged business types at the front of gigs, sat down all the time, not looking like they're enjoying it. (See MSG BiggerBang DVD)
On the brighter side a lot of us die hards have scored the great £60 first 10 rows tickets. And for those of you who haven't been so lucky, you'll probably get some great bargains nearer the time, even freebies if every radio station is giving them away by the truck load.

No argument with that. I actually paid £150 for 3 of the shows in 2003. two were pretty close (first 10 rows) and while overpriced, it was still great. At the other show however the people sitting one row behind me (with NO gap between the blocks) paid £85!

I can understand £150 for some tickets even though I dont like it. Problem I have is that many of the mid-priced tickets last time are £150 tickets this time. While the top price hasnt really gone up, its disguised by the fact that most of the mid priced tickets have doubled. THAT is what is going to put off a lot of people from going who would otherwise loved to have seen the Stones.

Its good that they kept the first few rows for real fans at a decent price. I'll give them that much. But there just isnt the fanbase for ANY artist in Britain (even U2) to get people throughout the country to pay £150 for crap seats.
December 14th, 2005 07:06 PM
oldkr gazza i think we should agree to disagree, you'll obviously never be happy paying big money for a stones ticket, or accepting that the stones are disliked in england!

as for the bjornulf metaphor, bjornulf is a fine man , and a great stones fan, and metaphors are ok too, although i admit theyre his speciality

OLDKR
December 14th, 2005 07:22 PM
Gazza Keith

I know Bjornulf too and hes a top bloke, but he does come out with some bizarre metaphors at times

Couldnt give a flying fuck if the Stones are disliked in any country to be honest. If they are, a lot of it is of their own making

and I wouldnt be happy paying £150 for a ticket for ANYONE, let alone the Stones, because theyre not worth it.

[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 07:40 PM
jb Bottom line.....England has sold O.K.-one sell out with 65-70k and a wide open 2nd show. The rest of Great Britain very poorly at this point in time.
December 14th, 2005 07:52 PM
Gazza the expression I believe, Josh is "biting off more than you can chew"... They simply made far too many tickets available for these shows (as I pointed out earlier) and too many of them are very ordinary seats at Category 1 prices. There isnt the demand or money to support that. Anyone with half a brain could have predicted they would struggle to sell those tickets. Trust me, even U2 would find it hard to get people to pay £150 for shit seats.

However, you'll probably find that the shows sell relatively OK in the end. Only so many people will jump at paying £150 for a ticket when they go on sale. When they played Edinburgh in 1999, the local papers were talking about it being a flop and two days before the show were claiming only 35,000 tickets had been sold. In the end, 51,000 turned up.

Cohl and co will no doubt find some way of padding out ticket sales (a la Detroit) to make it look at least respectable

I read that at some German shows in 2003, they helped sell tickets for some of the slower selling shows by selling some at half price in the end.

[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 07:59 PM
jb Thannks Gazza......rumor has it a return in the fall of 06 is imminent to the States..............Lets say that they need nother 45 million to keep the record..a few gigs at MSG, Boston, Vegas, Philly, and Chicago can make it up even at 15k a show.....................
December 14th, 2005 08:01 PM
Gazza I think that rumour may well be correct
December 14th, 2005 08:04 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think that rumour may well be correct

I will greet you with young JB 1/19 or 1/20..............please keep it clean in front of young lad....he looks up to me.......I'll tell him you are my English internet friend and buy you a guiness!!!!
[Edited by jb]
December 14th, 2005 08:07 PM
LadyJane There WILL be a major RO gathering in NYC.

Details to follow.........

LJ.
December 14th, 2005 08:10 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
There WILL be a major RO gathering in NYC.

LJ.

This must be in coordination with Shidoobee event..and must be close to Times Square MSG...............Not YOTI!!!!!!!
December 14th, 2005 09:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

I will greet you with young JB 1/19 or 1/20..............please keep it clean in front of young lad....he looks up to me.......I'll tell him you are my English internet friend and buy you a guiness!!!!

1) Unlike Joey's ass, I am always clean

2) I will look up to you as well, Josh, but considering I'm 5'6, I look up to almost everyone. Apart from Voodoo, because he's usually lying down in a state of unconsciousness.

3) I am not English. My quite impenetrable accent will be evidence of that!

4) I only drink Guinness that is brewed in Ireland.

5) I believe the festivities shall take place prior to the show on the 20th.
[Edited by Gazza]
December 14th, 2005 09:12 PM
jb It must be at or near venue..it will be freezin and many cannot afford cabs.
December 14th, 2005 11:27 PM
glencar It's not a matter of affording cabs. The problem is that midtown traffic during rush hour makes "grabbing a cab" pointless. Joshy, as a former NYer, you should have thought of this.
December 14th, 2005 11:28 PM
glencar
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
I love Yapphet Kotto...as well as 'Law And Order' or whatever it was, he was in a James Bond film...'Live And Let Die'.

"Where da white women at?" Sheriff Black Bart, Mel Brooks (the funniest Jew ever)' 'Blazing Saddles'

Homicide.
December 15th, 2005 08:12 AM
Gazza whats left for the UK shows per TM

Wembley #1 - sold out in one hour

Wembley #2 - floor seats all sold. £40,£60 & £90 all sold.
Lower tier grandstand tickets still available at £150.

Sheffield - all £60 & £40 tickets sold. All £150 floor seats sold. £90 - tiered seats available at far end of the stadium, and some £150 grandstand tickets with a restricted view.

Cardiff - no floor seats left. £40 tickets all sold. £90 tickets with restricted view in west stand. £60 tickets left in upper tier at far corner of the stadium.

Glasgow - all £60 seats sold (there were no £40 seats for this show available). Grandstand tickets at £90 and floor seats at £150 still available.

apart from Glasgow, all thats really left for the other shows are restricted view or nosebleeds
December 15th, 2005 08:17 AM
Jumacfly the Stones want their money back in Uk!!
disgusting!
December 15th, 2005 09:28 AM
jb So the sales are better than initial reports!!!!
December 15th, 2005 09:29 AM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
There WILL be a major RO gathering in NYC.

LJ.

This must be at or near MSG....we are unable to get cabs and it will be very cold..my limo has limited space..plus, I want to be part of the crowd and enjoy the real people. What about "Walters" with Shidoobee!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)