ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

MGM Grand - Las Vegas ,NV - 11th November 2006
© Harold Colson aka Stoneslib
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Who is going to Atlantic City?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
28th October 2006 11:46 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
oldkr wrote:
had a blast meeting he ROer's at the AC BnG! see yall at the beacon

OLDKR

I'm glad you and Doug came around to meet and greet.
It was nice meeting you! See you on Halloween.

SV

29th October 2006 01:42 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
oldkr wrote:
had a blast meeting he ROer's at the AC BnG! see yall at the beacon

OLDKR

It was nice to see you guys too. Thanks to Shidoobee for the wonderful party. At least we all had a place to drown our sorrows together.
-----------------------------------------------------------

And if ANYONE has a spare for the Beacon, PLEASE give it to ME!
29th October 2006 03:48 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

It was nice to see you guys too. Thanks to Shidoobee for the wonderful party. At least we all had a place to drown our sorrows together.
-----------------------------------------------------------

And if ANYONE has a spare for the Beacon, PLEASE give it to ME!

Agreed.
Had a great time seeing lots of Shidoobee friends.

I'm home.
And bitter as hell.

LJ.
29th October 2006 07:06 PM
taz22 LJ....you have every right to be bitter!

I just can't understand how blind the stones are to pissing off their hardcore fans. Ticket prices, cancelled shows, the way tickets are sld, RS.com etc etc.....just one big piss off!
29th October 2006 07:09 PM
lotsajizz rather self-centered and pathetic that all some around here can think of 'me...me....me...me' rather than express some concern about Mick's health...like Mick cancelled a show just to screw those who showed up....right, OK now........like an artist has never cancelled a show before...you buys the ticket, you should read the fine print....please, show me where the guarantee is on the ticket people....you make plans in reliance thereon to too large an extent!!!

this is what happens when the band becomes a gathering place and a social event rather than a concert....I value the band and it's concerts and the resulting music, I don't go to Stones shows to socialize...the parallels with the Dead at the End are becoming more plain....
29th October 2006 07:52 PM
mojoman
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
rather self-centered and pathetic that all some around here can think of 'me...me....me...me' rather than express some concern about Mick's health...like Mick cancelled a show just to screw those who showed up....right, OK now........like an artist has never cancelled a show before...you buys the ticket, you should read the fine print....please, show me where the guarantee is on the ticket people....you make plans in reliance thereon to too large an extent!!!

this is what happens when the band becomes a gathering place and a social event rather than a concert....I value the band and it's concerts and the resulting music, I don't go to Stones shows to socialize...the parallels with the Dead at the End are becoming more plain....

well said jizz. the last days of the dead were just filled with people hawking all kinds of merchandise and just hanging with their fuckin dogs and tour burrito's. i remember tellin some dood have a great show, he told me he was just there to hang. thankfully the stones crowd never has turned into this. we're gonna miss these guys when their gone so lets be thankful.
29th October 2006 08:10 PM
lotsajizz here, here...words of wisdom.....
29th October 2006 08:20 PM
LadyJane Jizzy...I'm not surprised that you take the point of view AGAINST the majority. Norm for you. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

If Mick REALLY had a sore throat...fine. My deepest sympathies and move on to the rescheduled date.

But come on.

This is clearly a show that was pulled for the benefit of the Beacon shows.

YOU had the benefit of turning around in your car and driving home.

I'm out $$ I don't have so that those lucky enough or rich enough to get into the Beacon can get a great show.

I'm out $$ I don't have so that Mick's voice is a-okay for the Scorcese DVD.

Yeah....to me it's personal.

And I'm one to ALWAYS give this band the benefit of the doubt.

Not this time.

LJ.

29th October 2006 09:01 PM
GotToRollMe I hear you loud and clear, LJ.
I couldn't afford to do AC once...
I have no idea how I'm going to do it twice.
Or if I even want to, anymore.
I just wanted my last show to be special, and I know I'm not alone in that sentiment. Apparently this was going to be a lot of people's "last show."
Ah hell.
29th October 2006 09:13 PM
lotsajizz I see nothing here to rebut the story of Mick's sore throat besides people's personal disappointment....and that doesn't cut it....
30th October 2006 02:05 AM
glencar Jizz is a special asshole but he might be onto something for once. Mick's voice tonight was a bit frayed. He was drinking much water & spitting huge loogies all over the place. His voice was down in the mix whilst the guitars were tuned way up. So the lesson is that Jizzy's still a dick but even a dead clock is right twice a day.
30th October 2006 05:23 AM
lotsajizz Although I know 'special' Mark Foley supporters like Blue are fond of my 'special' asshole, they still can't have it....hear that, Blue? Pine away, you're not getting your special asshole!!

btw, thanks for acknowledging that I was correct

OK now

Cazart!!!!!!!
[Edited by lotsajizz]
30th October 2006 08:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Jizz is a special asshole but he might be onto something for once. Mick's voice tonight was a bit frayed. He was drinking much water & spitting huge loogies all over the place. His voice was down in the mix whilst the guitars were tuned way up.

doesnt address the fact that Mick's decision to sing in rehearsals for several days in a row is going to have an adverse effect on his vocal cords. Its not like he hasnt been instructed before about the problems arising from singing on successive days. Bottom line is that in his eagerness to get things ready for the Beacon show, he shortchanged his potential audience in Atlantic City. Any performer's priority should be his NEXT audience - not one a few days later. Very unprofessional.
30th October 2006 09:43 AM
MeanDisposition
quote:
Gazza wrote:

doesnt address the fact that Mick's decision to sing in rehearsals for several days in a row is going to have an adverse effect on his vocal cords. Its not like he hasnt been instructed before about the problems arising from singing on successive days. Bottom line is that in his eagerness to get things ready for the Beacon show, he shortchanged his potential audience in Atlantic City. Any performer's priority should be his NEXT audience - not one a few days later. Very unprofessional.

lurker, but had to put in 2 cents here.

the fact that MJ rehearsed for the doc at the Beacon the day after the caneled/postponed AC show is what is disturbing.

Why not use the AC show as a rehearsal date and skip rehearsing on Sat. I do not think the fans would be so teed off if that was the case.

Not taking away from the man's illness or throat issue, but to blow off a official tour show for a documentary rehearsal is not the way to treat your fans.

30th October 2006 10:12 AM
Gazza Exactly
30th October 2006 11:30 AM
GotToRollMe I want to publicly thank Gazza for providing all of us with an outlet to vent our feelings for the past few days, being an active presence on the board as a fan as well as a moderator, and pulling no punches in expressing his own feelings about the Atlantic City debacle. Speaking strictly for myself, it did me a lot of good to be able to post my feelings as well as read others' thoughts on the matter.

So thanks, Gazza, for everything, always.
30th October 2006 12:45 PM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I want to publicly thank Gazza for providing all of us with an outlet to vent our feelings for the past few days, being an active presence on the board as a fan as well as a moderator, and pulling no punches in expressing his own feelings about the Atlantic City debacle. Speaking strictly for myself, it did me a lot of good to be able to post my feelings as well as read others' thoughts on the matter.

So thanks, Gazza, for everything, always.

Well said.

That's what I love about RO!

We can speak our minds freely and boy do we!!!

Thanks to the Trinity!!!

There's no place like home.

LJ.
30th October 2006 02:46 PM
chevysales
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Jizzy...I'm not surprised that you take the point of view AGAINST the majority. Norm for you. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

If Mick REALLY had a sore throat...fine. My deepest sympathies and move on to the rescheduled date.

But come on.

This is clearly a show that was pulled for the benefit of the Beacon shows.

YOU had the benefit of turning around in your car and driving home.

I'm out $$ I don't have so that those lucky enough or rich enough to get into the Beacon can get a great show.

I'm out $$ I don't have so that Mick's voice is a-okay for the Scorcese DVD.

Yeah....to me it's personal.

And I'm one to ALWAYS give this band the benefit of the doubt.

Not this time.

LJ.

well said!

i was lucky enough to get the beacon but ac was THE planned event up to that point and time and hard earned cash was invested... and if mick was on the stock exchange i bet he would be charged with securities fraud!

if it's any consolation ask glencar i hollered out to kohl as he made his entrance to beacon something to the effect "you owe us for AC"... it made me feel better.

i have a big mouth at times and that was one of them times

as was me yelling "monica" during a certain speech... i was not alone in that others voiced their feelings.

back to the point... the band screwed us on ac and that as far as i am concerned is the truth.

see ya the 17th i hope
30th October 2006 05:24 PM
Gazza Interesting post on IORR from kahoosier who occasionally posts here too re: the AC postponement and the upcoming changes to LA and Honolulu :

Well now that BV confirms, I guess it must be true about Honolulu. But the poor ticket sales quotes just brings up more TM mystery for me. Two hours after tickets went on sale, YOU COULD NOT GET A FOOR SEAT AT A TM OUTLET IN HAWAII BECAUSE THEY WERE LSITED AS SOLD OUT.

Now as a personal gripe, adding Honolulu now takes my total of cancelled/ missed shows up to 8 and the shows that I saw to 10 on this tour, so for me it seems a roughly 50/50 chance of seeing the Stones.

To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium?

30th October 2006 05:28 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Interesting post on IORR from kahoosier who occasionally posts here too re: the AC postponement and the upcoming changes to LA and Honolulu :

Well now that BV confirms, I guess it must be true about Honolulu. But the poor ticket sales quotes just brings up more TM mystery for me. Two hours after tickets went on sale, YOU COULD NOT GET A FOOR SEAT AT A TM OUTLET IN HAWAII BECAUSE THEY WERE LSITED AS SOLD OUT.

Now as a personal gripe, adding Honolulu now takes my total of cancelled/ missed shows up to 8 and the shows that I saw to 10 on this tour, so for me it seems a roughly 50/50 chance of seeing the Stones.

To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium?

REFUNDS!!!
DO IT, NOW!
yes i'm yelling that!
30th October 2006 05:29 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems.
[/i]

oh shit
30th October 2006 05:31 PM
Saint Sway Wow! Thats bad.

real bad.
30th October 2006 05:34 PM
Saint Sway Dude!

Four days prior to???

WTF???
30th October 2006 06:04 PM
nanatod
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go

If this happened in the State of Illinois, even though "your ticket is a revocable license," it would not take long for the first class action lawsuit to be filed.
30th October 2006 06:09 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
nanatod wrote:
If this happened in the State of Illinois, even though "your ticket is a revocable license," it would not take long for the first class action lawsuit to be filed.

I guess that explains why they decided to play a show in the freezing snow and cold to a half empty stadium
30th October 2006 06:12 PM
GotToRollMe Is there a lawyer in the house?
30th October 2006 06:16 PM
pdog
quote:
nanatod wrote:

Nanky mentioned this, jokingly, but we may actually have grounds.
I remember thinking when someone said, they even set up the stage, that they had. To give the appearence of a show being played. The crews are paid no matter what, so make the grunts work. The underwriter need to see the motions going through, and then a medical reason covers the insurance end. This would all sound very cloak and dagger, if not for the fact the band was rehearsing in NYC both day before and after... And i don't think for a second, that the people involved, would speak up if push came to shove. I'm sure there's alot of people close to this who are thinking it was lame, and would love to make this public.
I don't know how to do it, and most folks might think it's lame, but I'm pissed off enough to have a desire, and I love this band. Despite that, I'd have no problem pulling their covers and exposing this fraud. They stole my time. I could've been with my wife and kids who I adore. I was lucky enough to at least spend time with my parents, that wasn't why I went. My trips back home don't revolve around The Stones, and I bring my kids with me for that. People might think I'm an asshole, but The Stones need to hear this. They need to know how their decision, not sickness, effected so many peoples lives, on so many levels. Even to the point of construction the stage, to put on this charade!
30th October 2006 06:17 PM
nanatod
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I guess that explains why they decided to play a show in the freezing snow and cold to a half empty stadium

If such a situation like the Atlantic City situation happened in Illinois, Illinois courts probably wouldn't have sustained a class action lawsuit. For example, both the Ticketmaster and Creed class actions were dismissed, and the James Brown litigation was settled. But you don't want to be the first defendant to lose this type of case.
[Edited by nanatod]
30th October 2006 06:21 PM
nanatod
quote:
pdog wrote:
I don't know how to do it, and most folks might think it's lame, but I'm pissed off enough to have a desire, and I love this band.

The only lawyer I know on the East Coast is a collection attorney from Staten Island, and I don't know if he's licensed in New Jersey. I can give you his name via a PM if you want.
30th October 2006 06:32 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

To top it off, while speaking to crew members before the show at the Beacon, I was told the decision to not do AC was made 4 days prior to the actual cancellation, but for insurance claims reasons, could not be made public until the stage was up and ready to go! At this point in time, fans and their costs are only incidental in the money making schemes it seems. When wil they tell us about Honolulu, in an annoucement from the stage at Dodger stadium? [/i]

This is insurance fraud. I wonder if they could get anyone to speak on the record.

Probably not.

GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)