ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November - Setlist, Photos and Reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 11:52 PM
Southbound Train jb wrote:
I would be less than honest saying thay i resented the fact some got in twicw, while so many others could not get in at all...they hire a bunch of fake fans , and like the GITDW promo, it will reflect same on film....Everyone knows that there are not too many hot looking 18-20 year old babes following the Stones...what a mockery.

Right on jb! I have, for a long time, admired your sharp insights, and strong humor!, regarding 44-plus years of Rolling Stones music. The above-quoted observation is spot-on.

Tis a damn shame multiple Stones show shaftings were dumped upon you this week..., my most sincere condolences to you and your son.

My deepest sympathies go out to all who were shafted by the callously-handled cancellations.

Rolling Stones fans are the fucking Best!

3rd November 2006 12:43 AM
GotToRollMe Hey Tom, I found this on the street last night on my way to the subway...

You wouldn't know anything about that would you?

3rd November 2006 01:11 AM
_Boomy_ TomL Rules!!!
3rd November 2006 01:56 AM
Poplar
even on those little video clips i can see a thick mob of bimbos in the front, waving their arms in no particular relation to the music. it could be humiliation on film.

3rd November 2006 03:10 AM
FotiniD
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

I just realized I'll be perpetually in love with Keith Richards In this and the next ten lives the least!

And Poplar, you're right. I still don't get the whole concept of "hiring" extras and giving away the best seats in the house to clueless people instead of packing it with REAL fans who would make it all that much of a better picture.
3rd November 2006 05:09 AM
lotsajizz God--that video just makes me scream "play a fuckin' guitar mate!!!" ... that song was sooo much better in 1999

3rd November 2006 05:38 AM
Moonisup
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
God--that video just makes me scream "play a fuckin' guitar mate!!!" ... that song was sooo much better in 1999

so true
3rd November 2006 06:21 AM
LadyJane
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Hey Tom, I found this on the street last night on my way to the subway...

The saga of Sai Wong will live on in RO lore for years!!!!!

Outstanding GTRM!!!

LJ.
3rd November 2006 06:28 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

Brilliant!
3rd November 2006 06:31 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
GRACIOUS!!! SweetVirginia...What an amazing show you must have had!!!! Those pix are AMAZING!!!!!

Thanks, PA. I just wanted all my RocksOff buddies who weren't at the show to feel like they saw just a bit of it.

3rd November 2006 08:38 AM
scope Some pics I found in my camera:

3rd November 2006 08:49 AM
FotiniD Thanks so much Scope, these are wonderful.

Of course, my favorite:

quote:
scope wrote:

So, so, so lovely. WHEN will the video from this leak?! I can't wait one damn year!!!
3rd November 2006 09:08 AM
jaggergurl
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

LOL! that is so funny, I can't wait to hear that story from Mr. Wong's own mouth one day.. too funny!!! LOL!!
3rd November 2006 10:05 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
_Boomy_ wrote:
TomL Rules!!!

TomL FUCKIN' rules!
3rd November 2006 10:06 AM
SweetVirginia Nice pix, Scope.

I like the way you say, "I found these in my camera" as if you have no idea how they got.....oh, wait...you probably don't.

3rd November 2006 10:25 AM
scope I remember trying to take the shot in Faraway eyes, but I thought I missed. Just goes to show you, when you're good, you're good. I was on auto-pilot. I think I had the phone in my other hand with either Meg or LJ on the line? I dunno.

BTW, there were 100 pictures on the card. This is a random sample.
[Edited by scope]
3rd November 2006 10:45 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
scope wrote:
I remember trying to take the shot in Faraway eyes, but I thought I missed. Just goes to show you, when you're good, you're good. I was on auto-pilot. I think I had the phone in my other hand with either Meg or LJ on the line? I dunno.

[Edited by scope]

Thanks for the wonderful pics, Scope!
100 pics? The mind reels at the many other treasures that may be in store for us...
3rd November 2006 11:00 AM
LadyJane
quote:
scope wrote:
I remember trying to take the shot in Faraway eyes, but I thought I missed. Just goes to show you, when you're good, you're good. I was on auto-pilot. I think I had the phone in my other hand with either Meg or LJ on the line? I dunno.

[Edited by scope]

It was ME on your phone during Far Away Eyes....I love you!!!!

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
3rd November 2006 11:17 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

And Poplar, you're right. I still don't get the whole concept of "hiring" extras and giving away the best seats in the house to clueless people instead of packing it with REAL fans who would make it all that much of a better picture.

For better or worse, the Stones wanted to fill those seats with the pretty people...for purposes of the movie they wanted that...which in this day and age makes no sense...seems they do themselves more harm than good in that regard
3rd November 2006 11:28 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

For better or worse, the Stones wanted to fill those seats with the pretty people...for purposes of the movie they wanted that...which in this day and age makes no sense...seems they do themselves more harm than good in that regard

Stones are embarrassed of our gray hair, pot bellies and finger lights. I hope the DVD will be $110! I'll buy three!

3rd November 2006 12:21 PM
speedfreakjive why so many criticisms of Keith's trenchcoat - its cool for an average man of his age
3rd November 2006 12:27 PM
glencar What are you going on about?
3rd November 2006 12:35 PM
scope You mean this trenchcoat?

3rd November 2006 12:37 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
scope wrote:
You mean this trenchcoat?

yes,

glenny - see above
3rd November 2006 12:41 PM
scope Glencar, that is from the Sunday show. Guess where I got it from?

Scopey still has it baby!
3rd November 2006 12:43 PM
speedfreakjive its very Dick Tracey-in-black-esque
3rd November 2006 12:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
why so many criticisms of Keith's trenchcoat - its cool for an average man of his age

maybe to wear to work in the rain.... but who wears a trenchcoat onstage???
3rd November 2006 12:48 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

maybe to wear to work in the rain.... but who wears a trenchcoat onstage???

Keith
the 'riff-meister' has special fashion boundaries
3rd November 2006 12:49 PM
Saint Sway I think Don Henley wears trench coats onstage

nuff said
3rd November 2006 12:52 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I think Don Henley wears trench coats onstage

nuff said

true - but he ain't Keith Richards
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)