ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November - Setlist, Photos and Reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 12:43 PM
parmeda
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I went in as a Mexican gentleman named J. Martinez

the guy checking the list took one look at the I.D. and said: "put that shit away"

That's all nice, Sway...but the pressing question: Did you have a camera in those great seats?

(Glad you got in...)
2nd November 2006 12:44 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Great pix SV, hard to choice one for a header... Stones with a doll or with a blues legend, stones worshipping Mr. Charlie Watts or whoreshipping a doll or Stones in action, all cool THANKS A LOT
2nd November 2006 12:46 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I cut it down to the wire... but after running down to times square to get a fake id and then emptying my bank account I eventually got my ass in the building!

walked right thru the door around 9:20 and saw Throbby, turned around and saw Billy Gibbons right behind him! Thought for sure he'd sit in... (Gibbons, not Throbby)

scored a sweet seat in the 5th row of the loge right over the stage. Amazing seats. The band was so close!! Bumped into my old pal Charley Drayton and had a surreal moment as we were talking during the band intros and Keith gave a shout out to the Wino's

amazing time. Each song was better than the last. sweated my ass off from freaking out and singing the whole show

best stones show ever!! (and I've seen some great ones)

worth every stupid penny and the ulcer and stress I had for days worrying how I was gonna get in

the Mick/Keith moment during FAE alone was worth it. It was easily the coolest moment I've ever seen. That is definately making the film!

I'm thrilled for you, Sway!!!

LJ.
2nd November 2006 12:47 PM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:

OMG...thanks for the heads-up!

Where in the fuck is Wong anyway???
I would have paid to just stand out in front of the Beacon to watch him pull this off, rotflmao

I want details!

"WAKE THE FUCK UP, WONG!"

OH...his chiba twin and myself called him on a three way a couple of hours ago. Heavy Chinese accents by both of us. LOL.

He's on a train home.

Didn't sound too alert!!!!!!

LJ.
2nd November 2006 12:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
parmeda wrote:

That's all nice, Sway...but the pressing question: Did you have a camera in those great seats?

(Glad you got in...)

sorry no camera : (

I've never successfully taken a good pic at a show. Just dark blurry messes...
2nd November 2006 12:54 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Great pix SV, hard to choice one for a header... Stones with a doll or with a blues legend, stones worshipping Mr. Charlie Watts or whoreshipping a doll or Stones in action, all cool THANKS A LOT

Thanks, Voodoo. I was hoping you'd be able to break away from work and take a look at the photos.

It was an amazing night!

SV

2nd November 2006 12:55 PM
jb Was Christine offended by gramps Mick oggling her?
[Edited by jb]
2nd November 2006 12:56 PM
Saint Sway Sweet Virginia's pics are incredible!!!

Loge? I think we must of been sitting near each other
2nd November 2006 12:57 PM
scope You rooking for Mista Wong?

2nd November 2006 01:04 PM
parmeda Oh, scope.....HE is soooooooooo fair game now! rotflmao!

...live in fear, "Wong".
It's going to be one hell of a long day for you
2nd November 2006 01:06 PM
pdog Sway... I'm very curious what you paid, if you don't want to admit I understand... I know Cy Wong paid...
PM if you want it kept on the Down Low!
I'm very happy for you!
2nd November 2006 01:06 PM
jaggergurl I never thought I would say this.. but I want to be Chritina Aguilera, at least in that photo..

SO HAPPY ALL HAD SUCH A MAGICAL NIGHT!!!
2nd November 2006 01:10 PM
throbby Saint Sway! It was good seeing you in the lobby last night. I was trying to locate luxury when I saw you. Can you believe she managed to be given another "extras" wristband and was placed on one of the side wings of the stage.

GTRM! It was nice meeting you outside last night, I just wish the circumstances could have been different.
2nd November 2006 01:14 PM
throbby jb wrote:
Was Christine offended by gramps Mick oggling her?
[Edited by jb]

It almost seemed like the old horndog wanted to dry hump her. She seemed to take it all in stride though, afterall she was the one not wearing any pants.
2nd November 2006 01:15 PM
Jeep Posted by micwer on IORR :

2nd November 2006 01:15 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:
Sway... I'm very curious what you paid, if you don't want to admit I understand... I know Cy Wong paid...
PM if you want it kept on the Down Low!
I'm very happy for you!

I paid $600

worth every penny

2nd November 2006 01:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I cut it down to the wire... but after running down to times square to get a fake id and then emptying my bank account I eventually got my ass in the building!

walked right thru the door around 9:20 and saw Throbby, turned around and saw Billy Gibbons right behind him! Thought for sure he'd sit in... (Gibbons, not Throbby)

scored a sweet seat in the 5th row of the loge right over the stage. Amazing seats. The band was so close!! Bumped into my old pal Charley Drayton and had a surreal moment as we were talking during the band intros and Keith gave a shout out to the Wino's

amazing time. Each song was better than the last. sweated my ass off from freaking out and singing the whole show

best stones show ever!! (and I've seen some great ones)

worth every stupid penny and the ulcer and stress I had for days worrying how I was gonna get in

the Mick/Keith moment during FAE alone was worth it. It was easily the coolest moment I've ever seen. That is definately making the film!

The loge has some of the best seats in the house...even better than most of the orchestra seats. You got incredibly lucky! Good on ya, Sway, I was hoping you'd make it in!
2nd November 2006 01:21 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I went in as a Mexican gentleman named J. Martinez

Are you sure it wasn't a Spanish gentleman called Kurt?
2nd November 2006 01:22 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Sweet Virginia's pics are incredible!!!

Loge? I think we must of been sitting near each other

Thanks, Sway. I was in the upper balcony. I would have loved shooting photos from your seat in loge!

I was on the first row of a raised section, so I could shoot over the heads in front of me.

I turned down being an extra because I wanted to bring in cameras and drink with the Couchies before the show.
2nd November 2006 01:25 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
I turned down being an extra because I wanted to bring in cameras and drink with the Couchies before the show.

well played.
2nd November 2006 01:27 PM
Saint Sway this moment was the highlight for me. The ovation it got was awesome. I think we've all been wanting them to share a mic again like the old days. I think its been like 24 years since they last did that.

everyone understood and got the moment. Huge cheers from the crowd

I wish Lady Jane was there. She would of lost it

quote:
Jeep wrote:
Posted by micwer on IORR :

2nd November 2006 01:28 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

The loge has some of the best seats in the house...even better than most of the orchestra seats. You got incredibly lucky! Good on ya, Sway, I was hoping you'd make it in!

And I was praying I'd run into you inside. I just thought that with all the people who couldn't come due to the date change that they would let some of the faithful in.

Damn, GTRM....I was hoping!

2nd November 2006 01:28 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Thanks, Sway. I was in the upper balcony. I would have loved shooting photos from your seat in loge!

I was on the first row of a raised section, so I could shoot over the heads in front of me.

SV! I kept an eye out for ya last night out in front of the venue but must have missed you. Awesome photos!
2nd November 2006 01:30 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

SV! I kept an eye out for ya last night out in front of the venue but must have missed you. Awesome photos!

We were very distracted upon entry....worried about Mr. Wong getting in.

I should have spent more time looking for you and Bitch.

2nd November 2006 01:32 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
throbby wrote:

My friend, hypocricy doesn't suit you.

Aw, give him a break. He deserves a bit of a pout after his Stones experience over the last 7 days.

2nd November 2006 01:35 PM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I paid $600

worth every penny

I wou'dve paid up to $1,000.00 to get in... And I'm pissed at these guys still...
2nd November 2006 01:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
throbby wrote:
Saint Sway! It was good seeing you in the lobby last night. I was trying to locate luxury when I saw you. Can you believe she managed to be given another "extras" wristband and was placed on one of the side wings of the stage.

thats awesome! We needed some real fans in that section! Thank god she was there to represent!

It was so phony and staged looking with all those models dolled up down there. Thats the area that all the Shidoobee winners should of been placed
2nd November 2006 01:42 PM
throbby I do sympathize for JB and all he's been through of late.

The reality is that when it comes to Stones shows he has lived a charmed life. Very few fans have seen the number of shows he's seen in the seat locations he's seen them from.

2nd November 2006 01:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I wish Lady Jane was there. She would of lost it

Thanks....sounds like even when I'm not there in person,,,I'm there in spirit and thought.

That makes me very very happy.

LJ.
2nd November 2006 01:49 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
scope wrote:
You rooking for Mista Wong?

Who sold TomL adulterated dope? Shit, that's the best definition of "wasted"

If you're gonna get wasted, then get wasted elgantly
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)