ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November - Setlist, Photos and Reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
1st November 2006 11:46 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
pdog wrote:

I go there about every two months!
Myspace is a little gay, no?

Nah, not THAT gay.
1st November 2006 11:48 PM
Poplar
Is that TO reaming that poor white boy?
1st November 2006 11:48 PM
GotToRollMe G'nite guys. Glad I logged on. I really needed to laugh, and you guys did not disappoint.
1st November 2006 11:50 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Maxy and Scope...

RO and the Couch

The Best of Both Worlds
2nd November 2006 12:35 AM
Fiji Joe Those magnificent bastards!
2nd November 2006 01:28 AM
throbby What a show! Charlie was a monster, wasn't he Max!

I'm happy to report that Saint Sway made it in.
2nd November 2006 01:37 AM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
What a show! Charlie was a monster, wasn't he Max!

I'm happy to report that Saint Sway made it in.

Howe did he do it?
$$$
Atleast one stray got in. I'm bummed for GTRM...
She tried!
2nd November 2006 01:49 AM
scope Cy Wong made it in too. Pictures of CY to come tomorrow. Scopey very tired. Reports top follow in the morning. Night All

[Edited by scope]
2nd November 2006 02:11 AM
SweetVirginia

2nd November 2006 02:13 AM
SweetVirginia

2nd November 2006 02:15 AM
SweetVirginia

2nd November 2006 02:16 AM
SweetVirginia

2nd November 2006 02:18 AM
SweetVirginia

2nd November 2006 02:58 AM
FotiniD First and foremost, GTRM, I *so* wished you could have made it in! And after reading five or six pages of posts without finding anything from you, I thought you were in. Damn! Those bastards should have turned this into free entrance with priority for those screwed in AC! Well, try to forget about it darling, there's Bob Dylan ahead and there's always gonna be another Stones gig, despite ALL odds. To the next one!

SV, thanks for those GREAT photos! And the Keith coat message, hehe Now, bring on the review!

I had to read the setlist twice to believe what I was seeing. CONNECTION? This guy either doesn't change his setlist for months and months and then he picks Connection. Do they need to have a camera on to play right?

And did they indeed share a mic with Mick? I can predict the future, lol!! Here's what I posted October 30th, regarding the header:

I was thinking how COOL it would have been if it was actually Keith the one singing next to Mick playing acoustic. Yeah, I know it ain't. But think of it! Just for once, after all this time, the two of them sharing the mic or the front of the stage together.

Hahaha, inside Marty's mind
If THIS scene doesn't make it into the dvd, I don't know which one will.
2nd November 2006 04:02 AM
maumau the problem with all this is that I NEED the DVD right here right now
2nd November 2006 05:15 AM
Gazza Very nice setlist indeed. Delighted for those who got in - gutted for those who didnt. Was amazed when GTRM texted me to say that nothing was available. I cant believe that EVERYONE who had a ticket for the original date made it for this one.

Surprised they played 20 songs considering Mick's voice. Even more surprised to see a few changes and even a couple of tour debuts too.

Got a text from paulywaul this morning - "before you ask - itw as absolutely extraordinary and 50 times better than I could have imagined. Highlight was Mick 'n' Keith sharing a mic on 'Far Away Eyes'. A truly outrageous performance".

Yikes.

Some nice photos there by SV - thanks to her and LJ and the rest of you for being on 'setlist detail'.

By my reckoning, thats the first "Some Girls" since Shepherds Bush Empire in London on 8.6.99 and the first "Connection" since Rotterdam 29.8.95. Ironically enough, I was at both of those shows.....!

Its also, if I'm not mistaken, the first time theyve ever played 'Connection' outside Europe. It was only played on the Euro tours in 1967 and 1995 until now.

and a "Some Girls" mini-set too, just for New York.

Sounds great - keep the shake ups comin' guys - you can do this in the larger venues too.
[Edited by Gazza]
2nd November 2006 05:23 AM
FotiniD A LOVELY bunch of videos posted by VCreagle at Shidoobee!

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q251/VCreagle/?action=view¤t=astearsgoby.flv

Online:
Far Away Eyes
As tears go by
Satisfaction
Start me up
Honky Tonk Women
Connection
I'm Free
All Down the Line
2nd November 2006 06:25 AM
corgi37 Awesome shit! Those little vids are great!
2nd November 2006 06:26 AM
Flairville Fantastic setlist, I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there! I tried every option apart from ticket agencies, it wasn't to be. Seeing Mick And Keith sharing the mic on Faraway Eyes would have been worth the trip alone! Take care all. Ben.
2nd November 2006 06:41 AM
LadyJane Just re-read this thread.

What a night.

RO was rockin as hard as the Beacon.

Thanks to scope for the phone calls and Sweet Virginia for the texts.

AWESOME photos SV. Incredible.

So happy Saint Sway made it in!!!!

Can't wait to read the reviews.

LJ.
2nd November 2006 07:06 AM
luxury1 good thing the tour is winding down for awhile. Mick is loosing so much weight, his drawers are getting baggy, and he had to keep adjusting his cock....

I dont want to hear any more "cancellation conspiracies." His voice is obviously ailing him, but man, can he still move and smile....
2nd November 2006 07:15 AM
PartyDoll MEG SV..those are NOT camera phone photos!!!

Thanks for sending photos and for sneaking that camera in to the Beacon to get these great photos!!
Must have been a show to remember just judging from what I heard on the phone!!!!
2nd November 2006 07:18 AM
chevysales
quote:
pdog wrote:

I thought it kinda blew, but i only heard the boots...
I didn't like the change in lyrics! It's not like they were on TV... very lame... Black Girls do wanna get fucked all night!

politically correct... as at that time he also didn't use the kennedy line in sympathy just as he didn't at fenway.
2nd November 2006 07:30 AM
Moonisup the stones want to be political correct, otherwise half their "fans" would not turn up
2nd November 2006 08:49 AM
TampabayStone Great pics SV!
2nd November 2006 09:30 AM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
SV..those are NOT camera phone photos!!!

Thanks for sending photos and for sneaking that camera in to the Beacon to get these great photos!!
Must have been a show to remember just judging from what I heard on the phone!!!!

Security was incredibly lax...you could have sneaked in a camcorder if you had wanted to. I saw a guy taping the show, standing up with the extras in the front, with what looked like a friggin' boom box tied around his neck...
2nd November 2006 09:39 AM
PartyDoll MEG I am dying to hear how Cy Wong enjoyed the show!!
Wonder if I should give him a wake-up call???
2nd November 2006 09:45 AM
Bingo
I went to The Beacon tonight, and went expecting not to get in. I have NO axe to grind what so ever, I didn't get in and that's that. I waited with about 30 other people since 3pm.

I will tell you what I witnessed with my own eyes. People working what seemed to be in The Rolling Stones camp, I won't describe the people, but I'll describe what went on.

Let's remember all tix had to be picked up two days ago, so no one was coming tonight to pick up tickets, and if they were, which I believe was not the case, they would have went to the ticket window.

Anyway, I saw this person come out repeatedly and proceed to give fresh green wristbands and tickets to approximatly 15 different people.

We the people, waiting on line were told NO TICKETS, yet this person would walk his friends/associates a half block from the Beacon and give them tickets and wristbands.

There was something going on with mysterious extra tickets, yet, not one went to anybody lined up outside.

As I said, I have no axe to grind, I'm not making any of this up, I'm telling one side of the coin, the side I saw. I have no Idea what went on, but it didn't seem to be kosher.

I had a great time tonight sharing a few beers with a couple from Germany who came over to see the AC show on friday. I really feel for them, their only purpose of flying over here was to see the AC show.

Oh, there were two lines to get in, The VIP's and the internet folks.....the VIP's went in at a clip of 2-1 over the internet folks. Lots of "vip's"

I think they need to listen to a song they wrote long ago, they must feel uncomfortable when they hear it........Salt of the Earth.
2nd November 2006 09:51 AM
LadyJane
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I am dying to hear how Cy Wong enjoyed the show!!
Wonder if I should give him a wake-up call???

Do it!!!!!!!!!!

Blonde hair, blue eyed, Mr Wong!!!!!!!

rotflmfao.

I gotta email Parmeda!!!!!

LJ.
2nd November 2006 10:12 AM
scope The beautiful part was him trying to remember his address, in case he got asked. We kept grilling him all night in the bar. We then made him go in ahead of us, so that if we saw him getting hassled, we were going to yell out, "Hey Sy, we'll meet you inside".
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)