ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

McAfee Coliseum, Oakland, 6th November 2006
© Chris Stewart
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beacon Theatre, NYC - 1st November - Setlist, Photos and Reviews - PART ONE Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
2nd November 2006 01:50 PM
jb I am glad I did not go....this was total BS ...
2nd November 2006 01:54 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
Jeep wrote:
Posted by micwer on IORR :

OMG.. tears... those gorgeous glorious Glimmers... what a moment.. thanks for sharing it !!!!
2nd November 2006 01:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
I am glad I did not go....this was total BS ...

what exactly was BS?

The Stones in an intimate club? Playing a dream set list? Giving their absolute best performance of the tour? Ditching the glitter jackets, jumbo stage, pyros and inflatables and playing a real, passionate rock and roll show???

and how can you be glad you missed it???

it would of broke my heart not to of been there
2nd November 2006 02:03 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:

OMG.. tears... those gorgeous glorious Glimmers... what a moment.. thanks for sharing it !!!!

Pics do not display here at the office!

I have to wait until later to see all of this!!!

LJ.
2nd November 2006 02:06 PM
Altamont
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

what exactly was BS?

The Stones in an intimate club? Playing a dream set list? Giving their absolute best performance of the tour? Ditching the glitter jackets, jumbo stage, pyros and inflatables and playing a real, passionate rock and roll show???

and how can you be glad you missed it???

it would of broke my heart not to of been there

JB's not happy unless the shows are wide open and tarped.
2nd November 2006 02:12 PM
glencar Damn! I had 7 crisp $100 bills sitting on the counter, left over from AC. I would have tried if I thought there was a chance & if I'd felt better.
2nd November 2006 02:16 PM
luxury1 throbby could be making an appearance in the movie...that is, if Mick doesnt cut him.
One of Albert Maysles' cameramen approached him in the lobby to tell him that he is in one of his "best shots of the evening (29th)--a head shot, backlit, expressionless (?), with your hair all..." Hey, wait, do you think he was just hitting on him??
2nd November 2006 02:19 PM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
throbby could be making an appearance in the movie...that is, if Mick doesnt cut him.
One of Albert Maysles' cameramen approached him in the lobby to tell him that he is in one of his "best shots of the evening (29th)--a head shot, backlit, expressionless (?), with your hair all..." Hey, wait, do you think he was just hitting on him??

Hitting on him!
2nd November 2006 02:20 PM
LadyJane
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
throbby could be making an appearance in the movie...that is, if Mick doesnt cut him.

I'll be looking for YOU front and center in the Movie, Luxy!!!

Mick will definitely cut throbby....definitely. And L'Wren may cut YOU!!!

Any sign of THAT ghoul???

LJ.
2nd November 2006 02:21 PM
glencar She was there the first night.
2nd November 2006 02:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh ye fortunate ones....you can shut it down now, and die happy.

The one big regret that I have is that I didn't stop going to shows after Roseland...and then again after my time in the first row in Philly.

Those times would have let me go out on top. But I sullied it with trips to a few mediocre shows after that. And now I'm done altogether.

I want to give a shout out to two of the fortunate ones to whom I am so vastly indebted, because they were the ones responsible for that Philly show...Luxy & Throbby. They are a King and Queen amongst us. It wasn't their ravishing good looks that got them into those Beacon shows...it was good karma. Fate paid them back for being such good people. There is no greater example of the best hunaity has to offer than these two shining diamonds. They absolutely deserved what transpired for them, and I couldn't be happier that it happened for them.

I'll tell you who else I was stoked for...Scope.

Lemme tell you a little story about this guy. When Moonie took me to Roseland with him back in 2002, before the Roseland show we met up with Scope at Faces & Names...yes THAT Faces and Names. Honky Tonk Man was with us, but was catching a flight back to England and had to leave early. Scope was DYING to get in that night. I could see how it was killing him on the inside. When it was time for Moonie and I to go to Roseland, Scope tagged along to hang around outside. Maybe lightning would strike for him. Moonie and I both really wanted him to get in with us. We hung out with Scope as long as we could. I could see the despare in Scopes eyes as we got in line for the pat down. He asked me to get him a theatre program, which I said that I would certainly do. It was like he was a doomed man asking someone to give a final message to his loved ones. It broke my heart. And he never did get in. But it came around for Scope. He got into two Beacon shows because he paid his dues in 2002. This man also deserved what he got. And the fact that he took my boy Lugar with him last night...well Scope's a fucking king in my eyes too. Karma, man, good karma. It simply can't be overstated. If you do solids for people, you get solids back. Maybe not right away...but it does come around eventually. I'm so glad that it picked now to happen.

I am so happy that at least 3 folks, Salt of the Earth all, got to experience this kind of Stonesian high. I hope you guys know, you got a friend in PA who was pullin' for you. And it made his day to see all of your exstacic(sp?) post today. I can go to work this evening with a glad heart, and a smile on my face.

Gold rings on ya all.
2nd November 2006 02:26 PM
parmeda
quote:
jb wrote:
I am glad I did not go....this was total BS ...

Josh - we love you...you know that.
But cut it out, babe...you're beginning to act a little like this guy...

...just trying to keep it real for ya
2nd November 2006 02:27 PM
Saint Sway thats a great story SS

~ IB McGinty
luxury1 No, no movie appearances for me. I was pretty much behind the cameras both nights, off to the side. Maybe my hands will make it in-ha!! Someone else was front and center for four songs...

glencar Frankly, karma's bullshit. I'm glad those guys got in & all but karma's some strange idea that equals nothing. Ted Fucking Danson got into both shows & HE DID NOTHING FOR ANYONE!
2nd November 2006 02:30 PM
pdog Maybes there's hope Karma will shine on me, in some way, maybe for my closure concert next week...
2nd November 2006 02:39 PM
luxury1 Let's hope Mick's vocal cords recover by then, because the band may have something to prove. I havent seen the article myself, but the NY Daily News (I think it was that one) has a so-so review of the show last night, complete with "over the hill" references and photo-shopped pics of the band members heads on wheelchair victims...ouch!
2nd November 2006 02:44 PM
FotiniD What an AWESOME picture of the Glimmers sharing the mic. Dear God, this is tear-provoking material, I tell you I don't know what the hell I'd have done had I seen it live. Amazing.

I think we should all just stop for a moment and take another good look at it. Yeah, a collective sigh, that's better! I've been waiting to see this happening for YEARS. So simple yet so strong.

I wonder if any video covering that specific moment will leak any time soon
2nd November 2006 02:45 PM
Sir Stonesalot No Glenny, karma had nothing to do with Ted Danson. He got in because he has a recognizable face and name. He didn't need karma on his side. Doors open, especially with the Hollywood crowd, for those kinds. Karma only happens when you most need it. The clebs that were there, made it in by design. Real fans, the ones who were NOT in the design, that is who needed that karma.

And it happened for them. So many things had to fall into place for them...and it did. I just don't believe that it was by accident. Good karma made those things happen.

Even for you man. Did you ever stop to think...how did that happen for me when so many others who are just as deserving couldn't get on that list? It wasn't like you tried harder, or did things smarter, or had a connection on the inside, or are some celeb. Nope. You needed something else. And that something else was good karma. I don't know you well enough to know what you've done in the past that built that good karma up...but you were obviously doing something right, and it paid off on the 29th. Good for you. I'm happy for all the real, actual fans who got on those lists and saw those shows.
2nd November 2006 02:48 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Who sold TomL adulterated dope? Shit, that's the best definition of "wasted"

If you're gonna get wasted, then get wasted elgantly

He was making his "Wong" face...practicing for the i.d. check!

2nd November 2006 02:52 PM
throbby Fuck whichever paper it was! The show was incredible.

A review most likely written by some lame ass who sat in his/her seat all night. A seat they never had to pay for. Charlie hit those drums hard! Wheelchairs my ass!

2nd November 2006 02:53 PM
glencar
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
No Glenny, karma had nothing to do with Ted Danson. He got in because he has a recognizable face and name. He didn't need karma on his side. Doors open, especially with the Hollywood crowd, for those kinds. Karma only happens when you most need it. The clebs that were there, made it in by design. Real fans, the ones who were NOT in the design, that is who needed that karma.

And it happened for them. So many things had to fall into place for them...and it did. I just don't believe that it was by accident. Good karma made those things happen.

Even for you man. Did you ever stop to think...how did that happen for me when so many others who are just as deserving couldn't get on that list? It wasn't like you tried harder, or did things smarter, or had a connection on the inside, or are some celeb. Nope. You needed something else. And that something else was good karma. I don't know you well enough to know what you've done in the past that built that good karma up...but you were obviously doing something right, and it paid off on the 29th. Good for you. I'm happy for all the real, actual fans who got on those lists and saw those shows.

I've done plenty of nice things for other fans. I rarely post about it though since the point of charity/helping isn't to brag about it. Actually I got my entry because I had earlier given chevysales half my room in AC. He in turn offered me the ticket when he scored 2. I was ecstatic to get in & I'm glad everyone else did.
2nd November 2006 02:54 PM
glencar
quote:
throbby wrote:
Fuck whichever paper it was! The show was incredible.

A review most likely written by some lame ass who sat in his/her seat all night. A seat they never had to pay for. Charlie hit those drums hard! Wheelchairs my ass!

Daily News, which just last month became NYC's 3rd place Newspaper.
2nd November 2006 02:54 PM
throbby SS! Thank you for those kind words.
2nd November 2006 02:57 PM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:

Josh - we love you...you know that.
But cut it out, babe...you're beginning to act a little like this guy...

...just trying to keep it real for ya

It really was.. so many people deserving and it came down to who you know, like most things in life. Look, I bolted and chose not to go...at least I had a shot unlike 99.9% of everyone else.
[Edited by jb]
2nd November 2006 02:59 PM
glencar Joshy, what happened with your ticket? And where'd YOUR karma go???
2nd November 2006 03:00 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
No Glenny, karma had nothing to do with Ted Danson. He got in because he has a recognizable face and name.

He probably got in because he kicked in $60,000 for 2 tickets to benefit Clinton's foundation!
2nd November 2006 03:03 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, what happened with your ticket? And where'd YOUR karma go???

Ticket was wasted....Pug 's efforts were in vain. I am totally at peace with my decision as I got a lot accomplished yesterday afternoon in mediation. At this point, the Stones are not worth any further inconveniences on my part.
2nd November 2006 03:05 PM
Moonisup Sorry for you josh!
2nd November 2006 03:05 PM
glencar Say it ain't so, Joe(-shy)!.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)